We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What should a newbie expect? What should newbie know?

I often think about coming out to the moors. What holds me back?

1. Went out there once got into a raid, both groups stood in a kind of stand off, just out of range. Trying to pick of the strays. Has this changed?

2. When I look on the forums I often read threads of rage or people upset.

3. Makes me think there are rules in the moors, unwritten rules... Where is the sticky on conduct in the moors?

If I was running past and saw two fighting it out my thinking would be to go over and help out? Is this wrong?
    I feel the moors is and should be the most dangerous place to venture. But it comes across as drama, rather than fun.

What am I missing? Is it worth coming out?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001a3e91/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I GOT MILK.

I always think after a fight... 1)Was it good/ fun enough for the other person to come back if they were killed or do I want to go back if I was 2) If the either side arent using any brain power in terms of strategy or are just wanting an easy ride then there won't be much decent action and therefore a lack of fun thus no point playing.

Its PVP and the way it becomes enjoyable is through good fights which means every once in a while you might die.

Drama comes as a part of the moors package..
    Nyxbane (Catrat)- R11 BA- Brandywine

Also im amazing, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by PERQ View Post

Also im amazing, thats all.
    But do your zergs spend 15 minutes sitting in grams QQing about how all the freeps are cheaters and rage log after getting wiped once in a fight where you had over 2:1 ratio?
    Just making sure you know tho, the reason your zerg would ever get wiped is because all the freeps you were up against are some how macro exploiting and not because you're bad.

P.S. Any freep that can get kills must be macroing or cheating.

P.P.S. Actually knowing how freep/creep classes work will not help at all for pvp.

P.P.P.S. Oh and the unwritten rules you speak of no longer exist, at least not on windfola. The raid babies are too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Calastor View Post
    But do your zergs spend 15 minutes sitting in grams QQing about how all the freeps are cheaters and rage log after getting wiped once in a fight where you had over 2:1 ratio?
    Absolutely. Is there any other way to lead a zerg?

Bring the party over to Vilya, the Pvp there is much better than here and you still get people that respect decent fights. Just saying, Windfola lost hope for good at the launch of ROR when most of the good players went for good, (Antithesis) and some creeps too such as Murhaaja, Weby, Scoob... etc. Basically, my point is if you want decent pvp move on, and you wont regret it.

I miss seeing the rolling zergs of the moors, the lugz rez fights. Really weird kinchat banter!
    Miniciaramir
    Thenightmareshold
    This thread needs some Bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciribird View Post
    I miss seeing the rolling zergs of the moors, the lugz rez fights. Really weird kinchat banter!
    weird kinchat banter?! no idea what you mean. >.>
    When you getting back on? Come play some ESO on launch with us PJ

Come on guys, was trying to get info on Windy pvp.

What to expect, what to know, is it worth it.

But if you don't want new blood out there?

Are there rules?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001a3e91/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I GOT MILK.

pretty much the only thing people know how to do is zerg and to pve

and if freeps wipe the creeps zerg group we are farming them even though thats what they have been doing for a hour lol

Quote Originally Posted by iceman20010 View Post

and if freeps wipe the creeps zerg group we are farming them even though thats what they have been doing for a hour lol
    Not helpful to a noob at all Ice...go troll somewhere else or try and give constructive advice.

All you need to know is how to type an 'x' into ooc.

I will buy you elder scrolls if you come play ice ice babeh

http://www.karisivula.com/wp-content...013/03/ice.jpg
    Last edited by PERQ; Feb 20 2014 at 03:49 AM.

The Forums are not the best place to gauge the moors, only a small percent post here. Some try and are community builders, others use the forums to vent or stir things up. But it does help to familiarize you with some of the main players.

The moors are supposed to be for fast action pvp built around and in pve. It adds depth to the experience and a way to get comms and some rank at lower ranks, plus something to do when there aren’t a lot of opponent players out. I don’t feel the moors would be better off without it.

The Windfola moors is in the process of rebuilding itself with new players. 24 player freep creep raids were the norm. . It was wild and rough in those “not so” old days. Most players were hi rank and many new players found it overwhelming. In the end with very little new blood coming in the moors degenerated then migrated and died. As a kind of new player myself I find the moors as it is today a little exciting. I see so many new names and feel that new excitement from people that feel things are a lot more evened out then they use to be. Now is the time to jump in and become part of the new Windfola moors.

There aren’t any real rules or codes of conduct in this early stage of building. One person raging about something is more times than not to turn around and do the same thing themselves. A three person group is going to be labeled a zerg by single players that run up against them. They in turn will get eaten by a bigger group. But while the player population is still low I think forming large groups is counterproductive, especially for the freeps. Creeps start out with nothing so it’s a little more important for them to group up in the beginning.
    Anzelm R8 Rune-Keeper - Snalagaster R5 Reaver - Zombidog R3 Stalker - Slyths R3 Defiler
    Nob for Life but having fun

Wow ice you didn't even mention we all macro. Anyways guide to the moors = if you suck at targeting stack healers in a massive zerg.

P.S grats Wargfury on r9 <-- this right here perfect example of what zerging, healer stacking and pve can do.
    Rannulfr R10 Burglar

Wow its amazing to see just how bad the state of the moors has got over here reading these comments. Before Marz transferred, both sides used to get on (mostly) but it seems that now there is only hate. It is a shame to see what Windfola has become lately, it didn't use to be like this. :/

Anyway, on the contrary this is an excellent example of windy drama.. /popcorn

I propose for a day of freeps and creeps sitting around ec eating cookies and drinking apple juice!

Quote Originally Posted by HomingEagle View Post
    Come on guys, was trying to get info on Windy pvp.

What to expect, what to know, is it worth it.

But if you don't want new blood out there?

Are there rules?
    Ignore the trolls, HomingEagle, lol, that's part of the Windy moors, don't take it too serious, it is their type of humour ^^

As someone stated, to put up an x in OOC can be a good thing, but if you are new and no one knows you, it can end you ignored and frustrated.

Are you planning on going freep or creepside or both? If you are VIP, I'd advice to just go creepside and grab a warg for a bit. Go and explore while in stealth, warg gives you nice independence to do so.

As for rules.. yes, if 2 have a 1o1 going on, it is bad to interfere, but same time they should flag that in OOC if that's what they are up to. No one can expect mind reading, and if you see a fight --> it is a pvp area and you should be free to join in.

I can understand how the moors can feel intimidating to start, but do not have yourself put off. I was always anti pvp actually, coming from other games, but someone talked me into trying the moors and I never regretted that fateful day. I was petrified to say the least, but made a warg and learned by watching and eventually joining a tribe.

The drama is part of the package unfortunately at times, just spoke with someone who said she ended really upset as she ran a healer freepside and got bullied for spam healing when she finally decided to try creepside too (no, it wasn't Din :P). Stuff like that is sad, as it can make players feel unwelcome, when in truth they just didn't know enough at the time to understand when to hold back a bit. Especially minis can have that problem :'/ but don't ever let yourself be discouraged. Tempers can flare up in the moors, it is pvp and some can get quite competitive, but the fun outweighs all that for most parts, and don't listen to those running us Windy noobs down either - we are doing just fine, smaller server, often issues with uneven fights, but we keep coming back to it despite all the moaning, which says sth about the windy moors - great bunch of people out there, truly, just give us a chance to prove we are the best noobs in Middle Earth ^____^
    ~Tinyfangs/Tinypaws/Alinchen/Tunglen/Shimmering/Grownup Redridinghood~

Quote Originally Posted by Starina View Post
    when in truth they just didn't know enough at the time to understand when to hold back a bit. Especially minis can have that problem :'/
    What is this you speak of??? Minis holding back??? Blasphemy!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddrildun View Post
    What is this you speak of??? Minis holding back??? Blasphemy!!!!!!!!
    ikr, even to just suggest such a thing surely has a fairy drop dead from some flower somewhere :P

I will teach you. You will be a god walking among mere children.
    Arathain
    The Majinist of Buus

Quote Originally Posted by xParamore View Post
    I will teach you. You will be a god walking among mere children.
    Empty promises, Arathain >:'(

You have forsaken us a long time ago *cries silently into sleeve...*

If You are really lucky....

You will be ganked by 5 wargs and a reaver at Isen Bridge ans watch them all jump off when they get hit and die....earning you over 700 Renown!!!!

Appreciate it guys
    Nyxbane (Catrat)- R11 BA- Brandywine