We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tour of Turbine ? - For those in the Massachusetts Area

As a 'South Shore' denizen of the Boston area, I've often wanted to go for a tour of Turbine, (and pat my server, Laurelin, on the casing).

Does Turbine have tours, and if so...
    a) when and how do I sign up?
    b) does anyone else from the area want to come with me?
    Tamaren of Andúnië (Thonriel on Landroval)
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/eqzPg.jpg[/img]
    Raggolgrimbob of the Rolling Kegs
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Awuxzgh.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Shankles View Post
    As a 'South Shore' denizen of the Boston area, I've often wanted to go for a tour of Turbine, (and pat my server, Laurelin, on the casing).

Years ago Sapience said there were no public tours.

I'm not sure if anything changed since then.
    Aldursil 140 Champion Edved 140 Captain Roovery 140 Minstrel Galathriell 140 Lore-Master EddieVedder 140 Rune-Keeper

Best thing to do is send a PM to Sapience and ask.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Even if you can't get a tour, you might be able to stop in, say hi to +Sapience, and get a Well-Met code, but do ask in advance!

This is an especially chaotic time, and I wouldn't just drop in.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

This would be kind of a cool thing. Even if not a tour, a meet and greet in the Boston area would be cool - I know Sapience does them when he goes to Florida so it might be possible to get one in Boston.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankles View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post
    Years ago Sapience said there were no public tours.

I'm not sure if anything changed since then.
    Correct. We don't really do public tours. Also, the servers aren't in the office. They're in a datacenter in Boston proper. We're actually out in Metro-west.

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    Best thing to do is send a PM to Sapience and ask.
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Even if you can't get a tour, you might be able to stop in, say hi to +Sapience, and get a Well-Met code, but do ask in advance!

This is an especially chaotic time, and I wouldn't just drop in.
    Usually, if I'm not too swamped, and someone gives me a heads up I can usually make this happen. You at least get to see the lobby and our epic Hollin Gate mural.
    In some cases, if you actually manage to put a group together, I might be persuaded to spend my lunch hour with the group if they don't mind meeting for lunch somewhere fairly close to the office. (no I can't buy for everyone. Sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    This would be kind of a cool thing. Even if not a tour, a meet and greet in the Boston area would be cool - I know Sapience does them when he goes to Florida so it might be possible to get one in Boston.
    Sort of trying to put one together for PAX East, but a lot going on before and during that time. Also, The ones I've done in Buffalo, Florida, and soon North Carolina, are actually done by someone willing to step up and say "I'll organize, find a good place that can accommodate a group and keep track of who is and isn't coming." Then I can usually find a few things (well met codes are always part of it) to bring along for those that show up. I just say "I will be in X town on X date if you want to do something." Usually I'm taking a day out of my vacation or trip to spend with players who are interested.

How about one in NY, say the city, plenty of places to meet there
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Adding to this.. I see people mentioning Cities and I have always wondered why Turbine does not hit the conventions. I am sure there are players in each city that would man the tables for a day or 2 and only 1 employee is probably needed to transport and set up.

There is N.Y. ComicCon
    Philly Comicon
    Chicago comicon
    Of Course San Diego Comic Con
    Mgeacon and FX in Orlando
    Miami ComicCon

These events draw TONS of fantasy lore fans who if they go the chance to see Lotro in action and maybe got a chance to play it for a few may join up and play.

Just a thought.