We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    Are there any plans to bring back raids and adjusting the overall landscape difficulty of the game?

A lot of us have stopped playing due to the lack of challenge and things to do in the end game department. I know that the official statement is that there are no raids planned for 2014 -- I understand this. My question is, are there plans to bring back raids after 2014 and beyond, or is the switch to solo / casual play permanent?

I glad to see some news posted. The lack of a presents here in the forum has got it in a flat spin people lacking information just have been spinning this place out of control. Now I hope they settle down on the hate post and give you time to make the changes and don't expect it to happen overnight and then start the next wave of complaining.

good luck on the changes, it just good to see someone in charge posting here again

I am really sure the guy don't need everyone grocery list of wants give him a chance to do his job
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

Please get back my Kin !!!

Wb Aaron,

urgent is to have some more content and new Raids in order the big kinships retunr into the game...
    My kinfriends are not playing Lotro after 5 or 6 years... Even just after the last expansion...What's missing ? : new Raids !

Please, listen to the players, listen to the community,

Best luck !

Gimaldir
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000df78a/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Rowan is offline Executive Producer
    The Lord of the Rings Online™
    Thanks for all your concerns and your well-wishes.

I want to provide a fairly complete picture of our goals for this year and next year, so I'm holding off on any partial answers. Bear with me for now.

The team is focused on pushing U13 through to code freeze and preparing for LOTRO's 7th Anniversary. If you've noted my style on DDO, I prefer to be direct and also to be sure when I commit the team to a direction. I will have a lot more to say as we get closer to the Anniversary.

It's good to be back!
    Executive Producer
    The Lord of the Rings Online™

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    I'm also confused about the Housing update. I understand that Kate Paiz made no such commitment or promise in so many words, but this is an issue that has been dragging its feet for a long time already, and I honestly believed that Housing being "high on the list" actually meant something tangible. Perhaps I misunderstood Sapience, but it feels as if it is now suggested that players should not read any meaning into such words other than what it literally says: it's on somebody's list.

Other than the confusion about the Housing, and the resistance against dragging my alts through the EB's in order to continue the Epic story, I am looking forward to the coming update. Thank you for the VIP perk, though I will most certainly not be making use of it as my inventory is always already overflowing when wandering around in the wilds, so no room to open up mail as well.
    I think what was said was refuting the suggestion that housing would happen early in the year, as opposed to in the year at some point - I've always expected to be seeing the housing revamp in the second half of the year (not that this has been confirmed as a time frame, just that this is when I speculated it would be happening).
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

I want to provide a fairly complete picture of our goals for this year and next year, so I'm holding off on any partial answers. Bear with me for now.

The team is focused on pushing U13 through to code freeze and preparing for LOTRO's 7th Anniversary. If you've noted my style on DDO, I prefer to be direct and also to be sure when I commit the team to a direction. I will have a lot more to say as we get closer to the Anniversary.

It's good to be back!
    For those of us that are less technically minded, what's a code freeze? I can guess what it might be, but I am rather unsure.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Welcome back Aaron!
    Jokeur, Officer of Into the West
    Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    For those of us that are less technically minded, what's a code freeze? I can guess what it might be, but I am rather unsure.
    It's like what we used to call "the Good Idea Cutoff Date" during planning sessions in the Army, I'll bet. No more additions, lock the developmental changes in so final QA/QC can begin, only bug fixes from then on. That's my guess, but of course you want the definitive answer from a Turbine Team member.

When will there be an elect option for the council? I personally would like to apply , although I do not know if I will be able to make the boston trips unless you do it around pax east .
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

Inventory is getting entirely new management options.
    Management options? Like different ways to sort and manage things, or will we get changes that will free up some inventory space? Like perhaps raised stack sizes for more things, or a new place to store some stuff so it frees up space?
    I'm really hoping for something that will free up more space, because I'm having a hard time freeing up enough bag space to spend a few hours questing without constantly returning to town. If nothing like that is planned for the next update, could we please please please have the stack limit raised for task items to make things easier while waiting for the inventory revamp? Would be a great help!

Thank you for the letter and welcome back!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    When the build is locked down and pushed to 'beta' or 'live', so that nothing 'new' is added and the focus is on bug-fixes for that build only. Think of it like a feature freeze.

Edit: And something I completely forgot to say in my excitement. Welcome back to Lotro. You were sorely missed!
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    When will there be an elect option for the council? I personally would like to apply , although I do not know if I will be able to make the boston trips unless you do it around pax east .
    The council is not elected. It would be very cool though if Turbine could put a bit more transparancy in both the selection process (such as the names of the persons responsible for reading applications, whether or not applications are summarily vetoed by a single person, or a majority, etc.), and the council activities (so we can credit them with more of their actual impact!)

For some reason I can't help but be reminded of Apple bringing back Steve Jobs.

Welcome back Rowan.
    When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse, out of the corner of my eye.
    Every time you make plans, a Dev smiles.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000ca94b/signature.png]Sageborn[/charsig]

It's good to be back!
    Good to hear. I look forward to more details of LOTRO plans in the near future

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 140 - Brandywine | Help sick kids. Support Extra Life 2022: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/belnavar [$1,094.53 raised of $1,000 goal]

Speaking of your DDO style. Some of your other DDO producers interacted regularly on social media. Do you partake in any forms of social media? If so, which?

I ask for a thing the producer Aaron Campbell take 7 years in lotro am Rank 15 in my server with a hobbit guardian the first hobbit and the first mele in it being in my server and need that it is allowed that all the races should be all the classes need a lm a champion and a cpt hobbit, which finishes already the restriction of races for class I like many lotro but I need the equality of classes and race already

Quote Originally Posted by rodin12 View Post
    I ask for a thing the producer Aaron Campbell take 7 years in lotro am Rank 15 in my server with a hobbit guardian the first hobbit and the first mele in it being in my server and need that it is allowed that all the races should be all the classes need a lm a champion and a cpt hobbit, which finishes already the restriction of races for class I like many lotro but I need the equality of classes and race already
    I have no clue what was just typed here

goods

these changes really cool, but unfortunately most players abandoram the game by several factors, here are some:
    More XP on kills and quests, a lot of quests makes them bored players.
    server lag.
    delays in care and in-game tickets.
    lack of instances (big battles are legal but tedious).
    new sets.
    new build for the creeps, freeps that already has a specific build, but not creeps, moors this very abandoned by developers.

if the developers working on it, many of the old players will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueXiphoid View Post
    This may be a silly question, but what are "Hobnangians"? Google has no answers for me.
    Try to google "A Game of Hobnanigan" It should show up.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/A_Game_of_Hobnanigan

... The Wiki never forgets
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by rodin12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedCanadian View Post
    Yeah, I can't figure it either Tatt, but sounds pretty racist whatever it is. Maybe he's making a pitch for all races to be allowed the option to be bare-chested??? :P
    Guild-Maxed Westemnet(T10) Metalsmith, (T10) Prospector, (T10) Tailor
    Power-Leveling Newbies Since Update 7! ...Now with Multi-Boxing!!! :D

defiler update in u13

is the defiler update going to happen at all in update 13 as we all no the class is broken and needs fixing I.e with the heal hots against freep damage / blight damage tick needs upped to a decent amount no 50 damage to a freep / flies need to be brought back to how they were but not at op maybe
    Cronik aka MrMatty - R15 defiler

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedCanadian View Post
    It is a request to remove race/class restrictions. Specifically, it seems, for the creation of a hobbit Lore-master, Champion, and Captain.

yes request to remove race/class restrictions for lm champion and cpt hobbit ty

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    It is a request to remove race/class restrictions. Specifically, it seems, for the creation of a hobbit Lore-master, Champion, and Captain.
    So I can haz a man/wizard or maybe man/Paladin like in REAL D&D rules? ..... Wait.... this isn't D&D, it's LOTRO, so I guess we can't go having Hobbit LM/Champ/Cappies.
    Guild-Maxed Westemnet(T10) Metalsmith, (T10) Prospector, (T10) Tailor
    Power-Leveling Newbies Since Update 7! ...Now with Multi-Boxing!!! :D

First, Rowan, WELCOME BACK!!! A change in LotRO's leadership has me cautiously optimistic and hopeful for LotRO's future.

Secondly, you certainly have a lot on your plate at the moment, but I want to add my voice to those who are hopeful for more group content in the form of traditional instances, raids, and PvMP. I wholeheartedly believe that in order to be successful (ie make money), an MMO needs to have a thriving raid/PvP community. I'm not even a raider/PvPer, but we need the support for those styles of play back in LotRO to woo our veteran players back to the game.

LotRO is THE best MMO out there, IMO, for having an immersive world, deep and expansive lore, and excellent quests and leveling content. Get raids and PvMP back on track and you'll have a winner.

Cheers!
    Taisley - Hunter - Anor | Taislea - Hunter - Gladden
    Not all who wander are lost...

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast