We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where are the recipes in the Store? Missing lately?

Since I wasn't focused so much on playing until now, just crafting, I didn't worry too much about Weaponsmith or Armorer. I finally finished both, but the Weaponsmith especially needs polish. I spend a few weeks looking for recipes on AH at every tier, but for some reason the tiers between Expert and Supreme seem neglected. I know people get drops because I get them really often on all my alts when I'm in an appropriately leveled area.

Tangent... Journeyman can be tricky... but here's a tip, I recently needed a recipe for my Tailor and had to figure out who drops Journeyman scrolls, it's Southern Barrow Downs. The goblins in the northernmost part of the Shire are still Apprentice, and then Evendim is Artisan. There's a quest there between N and S Barrow Downs to get Journeyman Scrolls that also gives you helpful materials for that tier. I hope someday to discover similar quests for every tier, but I'm not an expert on what's where.

Soooo... is there a similar kind of thing for Expert scrolls? (I'm a diehard quester, rather do that than skirm and buy. I know I can buy scrolls for marks.)

Eventually if after weeks of collecting recipes, a tier looks bad still, I usually go to the Store and just buy a recipe book for the tier. But the store says there is nothing there for me to buy.

Have those golden books been deleted?
    What about the one-shot recipes?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post
    Soooo... is there a similar kind of thing for Expert scrolls?
    The Bounty quests? Yes. There are three Bounty quests at Ost Haer in Harloeg.
    But, as far as I'm concerned, the one-shot recipes aren't worth crafting. So, the only reason I even do them is to get the Tool cases, which are guaranteed to drop Tool recipes.

3. Mar 05 2014, 08:04 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    The Bounty quests? Yes. There are three Bounty quests at Ost Haer in Harloeg.
    But, as far as I'm concerned, the one-shot recipes aren't worth crafting. So, the only reason I even do them is to get the Tool cases, which are guaranteed to drop Tool recipes.
    I really appreciate your letting me know where to find the Bounty quests, thanks!

I's strange, for some reason, people pay for certain teal one shot recipe products (swords at any level, I think because of LM's, daggers and hammers for off-hands). I try not to overcharge, but there seems to be a market. If it sells consistently in an hour, I know it's priced too low.

There's always been a market for low-level one-shots. Not as much as drops from instances or lootboxes (love those +58 weapons from the lootbox), but still a gold here or there that adds up if you keep doing it (ie you have a scholar). Years ago I used to just make sets of purple armor at level 10ish, 20ish and 30ish and put it up for about 200s each and it all sold within hours. Actaully years ago when nobody had so much gold, it was 50s. My tailor is the richest of my brood.

I's strange, for some reason, people pay for certain teal one shot recipe products (swords at any level, I think because of LM's, daggers and hammers for off-hands). I try not to overcharge, but there seems to be a market. If it sells consistently in an hour, I know it's priced too low.
    Unless you're talking about lvl 95 Teals, I don't see the point.

A level 20/30/40/50/58/75/85 Teals are going to be outclasses in just a few levels, they're hardly worth the effort in getting in the first place.
    Also, the fact that guild recipes exist, that give the guaranteed crit-version of single-use recipes, make crafting single-use recipes even less of a good idea, given they have the chance to not produce a teal.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Unless you're talking about lvl 95 Teals, I don't see the point.

A level 20/30/40/50/58/75/85 Teals are going to be outclasses in just a few levels, they're hardly worth the effort in getting in the first place.
    Also, the fact that guild recipes exist, that give the guaranteed crit-version of single-use recipes, make crafting single-use recipes even less of a good idea, given they have the chance to not produce a teal.
    I've wondered the same thing myself and the only conclusion I can come to is that people play the game differently from the way I expect them to. Making what they want for them isn't a problem for me since I have a Scholar available to make me Journals. I don't tell people how to play or what they should want. I just craft.

I've wondered the same thing myself and the only conclusion I can come to is that people play the game differently from the way I expect them to. Making what they want for them isn't a problem for me since I have a Scholar available to make me Journals. I don't tell people how to play or what they should want. I just craft.
    It is important when you want to do an activity that involves other players to understand how other humans play Lotro. Crafting with the intent to sell product is one such activity. You not going to be able to sell product to folks like HaleElven and Yula. In my case I will:

1) Plan ahead. Produce the gear I need in advance via running the Guild recipes.

2) Do without because content is face roll easy using loot drops. I rather use the valuable game play time to level my character.

3) Why even bother since I am only going to use the gear for 8? hours of game play time.

4) Use purple gear - multiple use recipe products. Take my chances with the RNG.

5) It seems like the only things I have made in the past year are weapons. I run the guild recipes. For a little Hunter. I have to remember to make and store a single symbol for the weapon smith so I can make two swords. The bow is made by wood worker.

Turbine makes contents and evolves the game based on the way the Herd (majority of players) use the game software. If your chosen activity is an outlier activity like running classic instances, you are not getting much. Instead Turbine focuses on solo landscape content. If your chosen activity is making gear to sell since so many people go the Guild route - Turbine evolves the game to supply adequate quantities of silver to buy the Guild recipes, supply the shards via node drops ...

Back when the game originally launched the gating issue was the special part like an Asht tooth. You have to go to the right area. Grind mobs until Asht spawned. You had to find the single use recipe. The recipe was easier because of the low supply of the special part. There were no journal recipes. There were no guilds. Very few people had single use recipe products let alone critical result versions. The solution to all the complaints was creation of the Guild with their recipes and the single tier specific shard that eventually could be found in nodes.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

TBH I think the people on the forums are in another universe from the people actually playing the game. Y'all are whining about "face roll easy" and other quips you keep repeating over and over like mantras that are supposed to create your reality for you. But if people were experiencing your reality, they wouldn't be asking questions or asking for help at all. What you're really saying is you don't like the new changes and every forum post is a new excuse for you to whine and moan about it. It's getting old.

Time to get back to business and play the game. If you don't like it anymore, you can find something else to do, I don't care in the least because I don't have a financial investment. I just can't understand why you'd criticize me for crafting what people buy and want on my server. It makes no sense unless you're using it to vent your own selfish frustration. Get off my case and find something you enjoy doing.

Note that nobody answered my question: What happened to the recipes in the store?

9. Mar 09 2014, 11:10 PM

Note that nobody answered my question: What happened to the recipes in the store?
    At some point in past Turbine changed the Lotro Store recipes. You can't buy single recipes. Instead you buy a crafting profession - tier unlock called a recipe book. This recipe book contains most of the multiple use loot drop recipes. It will not have one shot, barter, instance, faction or guild recipes inside of it.

If you are not seeing a recipe book in the Lotro Store then it could be any of the following:

1) Your character already has the book.

2) Your character already knows all the recipes in the book.

3) There are no recipes to put in that book.

4) There is a bug somewhere.

Some other things. Turbine never completed all the crafting recipes. This situation is especially a problem for tier 1-5. You have all production crafts covered. You are going to find annoying gaps. If you are missing a recipe, ask if a specific recipe exists. Ask if there are recipes for this area. For example, there are missing Minstrel instruments. There is a range of levels for which there are no instruments available.

Another source is here:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/
    compare the recipe list to your recipe book. I do not know if these web pages reflect the situation that exists in live - 12.3. If you are dealing with the lower tiers it looks like the changes for the launch of Helms Deep are in place for some of the pages.

As far as I know the bounty quests are only for tier 2 and 3.

You can get rare recipes from scroll cases that you buy with Marks from the Skirmish Crafting Vendor NPCs. They are fairly inexpensive 12 Marks for a expert scroll case. You can visit the wiki to find out what recipes can be found inside. The rare scholar recipes are the journal recipes for tier 3. It would not cost you much to buy a few and see if they always have a journal recipe inside. The expert weapon smith scroll case should always have polished gondorian weapon recipes. I do not ever buy these cases from the Skirmish NPC. No idea what is really inside the case.

There are other NPCs where you can barter for recipe scroll cases. All I can suggest you do is visit barter NPCs in the level appropriate regions.

I know you are looking for us to provide you with a lot of useful information. You are getting frustrated. You are a member of a very small group of players. Most of us do not know the answers including me. You going to have to fire up Google and search for the information. Find the information by playing the game.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    If you are not seeing a recipe book in the Lotro Store then it could be any of the following:

1) Your character already has the book.

2) Your character already knows all the recipes in the book.
    Not sure that makes any difference. I do know that you will not see a recipe book unless you have that crafting tier open. So a character will only see them if they have that crafting profession and the tier is unlocked. An Armsman will not see anything for a Metalsmith. If you have just opened tier 5 for Weaponsmith you will not see the tier 6 book for Weaponsmith.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

I would assume it's a bug or they have gone.

I have 3 missing scholar recipes (all Supreme)...and can not be got from the sources wiki says they can be. Gone through over 200 scrolls in the last week...nadda...nothing.

They 'used to exist, as kinnies have the recipes. Now this leads to one conclusion. They either don't exist anymore, the strore no longer sells the books for anything less than Westemnet tier, or...the store is bugged in that it is incorrectly reading what you have/don't have.
    Likes to heal and thinks she is good at it. Unfortunately, can't heal stupid or bad builds...

The Lotro wiki is woefully out of date on many things, especially the Lotro store offerings. I just went shopping for Fireworks recipes for my new Scholar, and the wiki said I could buy them individually with TP, although that section of the wiki had already been flagged as outdated. Then it said that you could buy recipe tomes that applied account wide, and that too is no longer available.

What is available as of U14 (can't speak for 14.1, LOL) is a per character, per profession, per Tier recipe tome. It includes all the repeatables, regardless of how they drop, but does not include one-shot or guild recipes (I assume it also doesn't include rep gated recipes). This is what I had access to so far:

All of T1 (including Yellow Fireworks recipe): 50 TP
    All of T2 (including Green Fireworks recipe): 75 TP
    All of T3 (including Blue Fireworks recipe): 125 TP

Given that fireworks recipes are selling in AH for about 5 - 15 Gold each, I find this pretty cost effective. For Tier 4 - 6, I'll have to seriously consider what the escalating price will be, and whether that is worth it.

Somebody with a higher skilled toon will have to see what the higher tiers sell for.
    Landroval EN-RP -- Club Eclaire: Galdhron-Elf LM, Twostep-Human Burg, Medloth Bearlady-Beorning || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

Here are the LOTRO store costs for higher tier books, the ones I could see:

T4: 200 TP
    T5: 275 TP
    T6: 350 TP
    T7: 450 TP
    Landroval EN-RP -- Club Eclaire: Galdhron-Elf LM, Twostep-Human Burg, Medloth Bearlady-Beorning || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro