We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Trait points from Epic Battles- Please reconsider!

I do not want to have to grind out 200 promotion points on each of my characters to have all the trait points available to me. If you must add them, please allow an alternate means of acquisition such as a store purchase.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

After refreshing the store. I see you'll sell us the promotion points, I dont want to buy promotion points +10 @ 499TP . I have no interest in doing big battles. Sell me the Trait points. Preferably account wide. Gate them to level if you must, but this is ridiculous.

@players- I do not know if you'll let us buy all 200 points. I didnt try. I wouldnt bother at these prices.
    Last edited by Crell_1; Mar 13 2014 at 07:01 PM.

This is a mess unto itself.

I have no desire for Class Trait Points to be in the Store for any reason. And I agree with Crell, grinding 200 points on one character is enough, doing it on multiples is just not a good thing.

I would have rather seen 1 Point added to each of the new Zone's deeds, as in HD.
    [CENTER][img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7697947&lo=0e0c0e111pp10&t1=Gedachtnis&u=ironyandspite.guildportal.com&k=Irony%20and%20Spite&i=www.axiomfiles.com/Files/375005/Copy%2520of%2520Irony-and-Spite_LOGO1.jpg[/img]
    It's all to clear we are on our own.[/CENTER]

Crell I can't get on BR for a little while, could you explain a little more please?

Is there A: an increase to the 65 trait point max(bus new isenguard stuff)? B: more promotion points available in epic battles? or just now for sale? and C: both?

I personally think trait points being sold may be a bad idea. Mostly because I'd hate to hear the PTW rages rather than it feeling very paytowin to me personally ( max shouldn't be increased by store but pay to avoid grind ok IMO)
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    Crell I can't get on BR for a little while, could you explain a little more please?

Is there A: an increase to the 65 trait point max(bus new isenguard stuff)? B: more promotion points available in epic battles? or just now for sale? and C: both?

I personally think trait points being sold may be a bad idea. Mostly because I'd hate to hear the PTW rages rather than it feeling very paytowin to me personally ( max shouldn't be increased by store but pay to avoid grind ok IMO)
    A. Yes.
    B>Every 100 points out of the 216 your character can earn gets you +1 class trait point, for a maximum of 2 at the moment.
    C. The store lets you buy 'Epic Battle Promotion points, which increases the total counter you've earned by +10 for 499TP. This is a per character purchase. Because there is no deed for a 3rd point, I doubt you can earn a 3rd extra point this way. I have not purchased any, and I dont intend to purchase EB points. I might purchase trait points. If they were appropriately priced. I do not want to support the Epic Battles system. I am willing to give up the gear. I do not think it needs class trait points to shoehorn players into playing it. Make them enjoyable and people will play them. This is not the way to get them playing it.

My copied character had 210 promotion points before arriving at Bullroarer. I was wondering how far I can go with the store points.

I could purchase 5 upgrades for 499 TP each, this is 50 promotions in total. Of those I could only use 6 promotions and the rest is marked in (...). (Example: after the first purchase I had "Points available 6 (4)"; after the 5th purchase: "Points available 6 (44)").

I don't know how many points can buy a person with smaller starting amount, but the fact that I could buy something I can't use is leaving a bad taste. This is an absolute waste of 2000 TP for those 40 points in the overflow.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtara - Beorning | Ishtari - Rune Keeper | Ishtarel - Hunter
    Lunasa - Minstrel | Cabernetta - Guardian | Ishtaridas - Lore Master | + many more
    Eldar -> Evernight

so max trait points now 67 I assume, none from epic quest line or new area deeds?
    I've got like 185 or something, it might inspire a push to get 200+

thanks btw

and I feel your pain but I've only done the raid twice and wouldn't mind a few more runs, But I couldn't put myself through it with my burg..... so maybe this isn't the best idea. not alt friendly at all but those 2 points currently are unnecessary because were so OP still.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    My copied character had 210 promotion points before arriving at Bullroarer. I was wondering how far I can go with the store points.

I could purchase 5 upgrades for 499 TP each, this is 50 promotions in total. Of those I could only use 6 promotions and the rest is marked in (...). (Example: after the first purchase I had "Points available 6 (4)"; after the 5th purchase: "Points available 6 (44)").

I don't know how many points can buy a person with smaller starting amount, but the fact that I could buy something I can't use is leaving a bad taste. This is an absolute waste of 2000 TP for those 40 points in the overflow.
    eeek needs fixing before live or people will get shouty

I like this. People that get plat medals majority of BBs should get rewarded other than the BS jewelry RNG. It's the only endgame we have so at least there is a worthwhile reward for doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    so max trait points now 67 I assume, none from epic quest line or new area deeds?
    I've got like 185 or something, it might inspire a push to get 200+

thanks btw

and I feel your pain but I've only done the raid twice and wouldn't mind a few more runs, But I couldn't put myself through it with my burg..... so maybe this isn't the best idea. not alt friendly at all but those 2 points currently are unnecessary because were so OP still.
    I haven't tested the new areas. I will leave that for others for the moment.

2 Trait points is significant because it can open up an entire additional skill in an off spec. This isnt crucial for current PvE content thus far, but in the ettenmoors, every little bit counts. The upscaling Freep players for the Ettenmoors, and the selling of 6hr passes @ 20 mithril coins a char, is another large focus of this update after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Baritone View Post
    I like this. People that get plat medals majority of BBs should get rewarded other than the BS jewelry RNG. It's the only endgame we have so at least there is a worthwhile reward for doing it
    Then give them a title. Dont give them something that alters the balance of character power.

The way I look at it is that its just like old school raids that gave you armor sets with skill bonuses. If you did the end game you got those sets and had a slight advantage in your characters power. Now as far as the moors go I'd agree that all freeps should have the same amount of skill points but this game has never cared about pvp and never will so thats a losing battle

The way I look at it is that its just like old school raids that gave you armor sets with skill bonuses. If you did the end game you got those sets and had a slight advantage in your characters power.
    There was always PvP armor that was almost universally preferred in PvP. Plus, we just got alternate means of acquiring set bonuses with Hytbold. Why go the opposite direction now with something even more fundamental?

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I haven't tested the new areas. I will leave that for others for the moment.

2 Trait points is significant because it can open up an entire additional skill in an off spec. This isnt crucial for current PvE content thus far, but in the ettenmoors, every little bit counts. The upscaling Freep players for the Ettenmoors, and the selling of 6hr passes @ 20 mithril coins a char, is another large focus of this update after all.
    I had overlooked the ettenmoors, well reminded.

The other issue is that raid armour set bonuses are mainly useful before the level cap is increased again. Trait points are permanent.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 105 Captain, Nunion 110 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by dietlbomb View Post
    The other issue is that raid armour set bonuses are mainly useful before the level cap is increased again. Trait points are permanent.
    Indeed.

For those of you who wondered how much 2 trait points costs per character without slogging through Epic Battles? ~100$. USD. ;

20*499=9980TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I am willing to give up the gear. I do not think it needs class trait points to shoehorn players into playing it. Make them enjoyable and people will play them. This is not the way to get them playing it.

Pretty much this. Rather than make the Epic battle a more enjoyable experience where people actually want to run them, we're being forced into doing it to 'complete' out characters. This move is different from having instance specific and exclusive gear rewards, because as we level up (or content moves to different avenues), we will move past these epic battles, yet be required to complete this content to be a fully effective character wherever 'end game' winds up next. This is equivalent to requiring a completion of hytbold for trait points. Sure, some liked Hytbold, and sure some didn't, but to join the game after we've moved past it, and still have lasting repercussions for not completing an obsolete and intensely grindy version of end game is a non-starter.

Gear comes and goes, that is the perfect thing to make exclusive and a reward for a grind.

Why not just fix the actual problem you describe, which is the "BS Jewelry RNG" in epic battles?

I have no problem with this, class points from big battles is no big deal. its a good idea.

ty turbine for allowing people who don't have time to do BBs or be on large enough servers for DW raids the ability to buy points via the store.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Some excellent points in this thread.

BB's and 2 trait points... I actually think this could work really well.
    I think it's great to offer more incentive to participate in BB's so I would like to see the trait points function similar to the way Hytbold armor functioned.
    I have my main who currently has 172 points in BB's and it would be nice if when my main unlocks a trait point it is unlocked for the account.
    This would provide incentive to participate in BB's on at least one character much as was the case for Hytbold.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Agreed. People who don't like BB can still "buy" the points, at the premium they should have to pay. I think this is fine as-is, despite the inevitable outcry. Especially since "grinding" the plats should only take a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Agreed. People who don't like BB can still "buy" the points, at the premium they should have to pay. I think this is fine as-is, despite the inevitable outcry. Especially since "grinding" the plats should only take a few days.
    I would agree if it was accountwide. However, a "few days" of BBs per character can become very tedious if you got a couple of alts you want to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    I would agree if it was accountwide. However, a "few days" of BBs per character can become very tedious if you got a couple of alts you want to level up.
    Well, as someone with 17 alts, I don't have an issue with it.

That is expensive! Either cost-wise or time-wise. Battles can't be sped up. They take forev!

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I have some 30 alts and I have no problem with this. I also love the BB system (and Hytbold ... 2nd alt doing that now on live).
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I have some 30 alts and I have no problem with this. I also love the BB system (and Hytbold ... 2nd alt doing that now on live).
    30+ alts, and your second one just started working on Hytbold lol.

Yep... I'll peg you as someone who isn't going to be grinding 200+ BB points thirty or more times, at least in my (and LOTRO's) lifetime. :P

So you gonna buy all'a dem points? Please do, Turbine needs more money so they can do a better job. I won't be purchasing them (or anything LOTRO offers that I have to spend money on) until... well, I'd give an estimated time, but alas, nothing in the works for me to even gauge an estimate off of.

I agree with the OP.

Reconsider.
    (Not that I believe that there's any chance in hell that they will [or necessarily should, from their perspective]... there's a cash-grab element to it. Can't say I'm mad about it. Can say repeatedly though, that BBs are terrible, IMO of course.)
    Last edited by Ithrien; Mar 14 2014 at 12:43 AM.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast