We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Crafting is Unreal!

I swear crafting really sucks in LOTRO. It takes about 800 logs to get through a tier!!!! This is ridiculous. So get the buff, still will be 400!!!
    So 2 logs per plank, then 2 planks per item. So 4 logs per item, then have to get about 1200 XP total....They need to change this...

Wait until you start crafting guild items
    I've managed to max out almost every tier just picking up stuff while questing.
    It's not really a big effort.

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion1971 View Post
    I swear crafting really sucks in LOTRO. It takes about 800 logs to get through a tier!!!! This is ridiculous. So get the buff, still will be 400!!!
    So 2 logs per plank, then 2 planks per item. So 4 logs per item, then have to get about 1200 XP total....They need to change this...
    Hmm, join date of 2008 and just now complaining about crafting? Suspicious.

Crafting has gotten much easier lately--there are processing recipes for, I think, all tiers of Woodworker. Meaning once you get, say, 100 T4 planks, you can process 50 x 8XP/process, which equals 400XP. Then, you process it back and get another 400XP, and you end up with 50 planks (plus crits).

Process those 50 planks for 200 more XP, then process them back for 200 more, leaving you with 25 planks.

Process 25 planks for 96 more XP, process them back for ANOTHER 96 XP.

And voila! You have mastered Artisan tier of Woodworking with 200 logs. You can also complete both tiers of Master Woodworker with 200 logs (100 planks) using processing recipes.

Even Westemnet, the highest tier of crafting, can be mastered with only ~150 planks (~300 logs).

So all that is unreal is your flipping out without looking at your recipes (processing recipes are automatically granted at every tier).

200 logs is more than enough for the first 5 tiers, and 300 logs will get you through tiers 6-9.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Can't agree OP. I'm not even sure Westemnet tier requires 800 logs/ Ore/ hides. When making shavings back in to leather/ Lumber/ Ingots, the crit rate tends to be 25% so while I never did it, the possibility to double process is pretty high. I just gather enough to get it done knowing it's 4 experience points per log once over. 2 Logs = 1 Lumber. 2 Lumber is 4 shavings (8 experience), is 1 lumber (8 more experience)

The Tailor Guild is the biggest grind out there. 3, 4, 4 Leathers finished, Glazed and Brushed a week. 4 more Glazed for the middle of the week Medium, 32 Brushed for smalls and the middle.

It's a little over 100 hides a week for 6 weeks and that's if you log in every day and do all the patterns. Logs and Ore, even the dreaded scholar weren't as rough as the 100 hides over all tiers, tier 3 to 9.

Crafting is ridiculously easy now....
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ioci View Post
    Can't agree OP. I'm not even sure Westemnet tier requires 800 logs/ Ore/ hides.
    Yeah, as I mentioned above, even with 0% crits, you can complete both Westemnet tiers with ~300 logs/hides/ore.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Orion1971 View Post
    Orion, I think I can help. Open your crafting panel, select the Woodworker tab, open up the tier you wish to level up, and look for a subcategory called Processing. With a stack of thin boards in bag, use the recipe that turns them all into shavings. Now use the other recipe in that section to turn the shavings back into boards. Go back and forth this way until you run out of boards or finish the tier. You will find you need far fewer logs this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    Orion, I think I can help. Open your crafting panel, select the Woodworker tab, open up the tier you wish to level up, and look for a subcategory called Processing. With a stack of thin boards in bag, use the recipe that turns them all into shavings. Now use the other recipe in that section to turn the shavings back into boards. Go back and forth this way until you run out of boards or finish the tier. You will find you need far fewer logs this way.
    Processing works fine for crafters, but does naff all for gathering professions. I get so sick of looking for wood/ore to level gathering when crafting tier was leveled ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    Processing works fine for crafters, but does naff all for gathering professions. I get so sick of looking for wood/ore to level gathering when crafting tier was leveled ages ago.
    I harvest so much ore and wood to level my crafters that my harvesters usually finish long before anyone else. Shard hunting also brings home tons of extra material. How did you manage to level, say, your Tailor without first leveling a Forester?

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    you want to gather every node you see in order to get shards. Leveling forester and prospector is easy. At the higher tiers you have three gathering recipes such as
    1) Turn ore in low grade ingots
    2) Turn low grade ingots into medium ingots
    3) Turn medium grade ingots into high grade ingots

You will not be doing 2 and 3 unless you are supplying materials to make Guild emblems or production recipes like legendary items until after your production crafts are maxed.

You have plenty of raw materials. I typically end up with hundreds of excess logs, ore and scholar mats because I am looking for those shards.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Well, for most MMORPG's, crafting is usually a ridiculously expensive affair.

For LOTRO, it is simply tedious and time consuming.

It requires patience more than anything.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000007617a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]