We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up 1v1 Thread, Why not?

I know there have been threads such as this in the past but it is about time a new one was made.

The purpose of this thread is to arrange 1v1s with players, I know pop is low on windy so we need to make the most out of the few players we have!

I believe this thread will be helpful as it will improve pvp and encourage freeps to come out, it will also teach lower ranks the importance of 1v1 action to improve your ability as a player. I know as a fact since veterans have left this server pvp has depleted. In my opinion, it is time to promote 1v1s once more to improve action; personally I dislike the gv camp/grams camp zergs.

I will begin...

Challenger: Marzul
    Opponent: Grimbeast
    Time: Whenever I see you on
    Rules: No rules apart from no Tomes of attack/defence. Skillwise use what you desire.

Also....

Challenger: Aerdro
    Opponent: Erazer (yikes)
    Time: Whenever.
    Rules: No Knives out for me, no HIPS for you.

I hope people will use this thread, I think it could have the potential to enhance windy pvp as a whole if people stick to it.
    Last edited by Noldorlord777; Apr 20 2014 at 04:39 PM.

We will have our 1 v 1 for sure. But it won't be an arranged fight. I personally don't like the idea of an arranged fight.

I am sure we will run into each other sooner or later. I can usually be found near the freep rez. I will be on the lookout for your burglar as well.

Thanks Grimbeast for the 1v1s! You are the only guard on windfola that is on Marzul's feared list. Hope we can have some more in future...those were close fights indeed. It was a pleasure fighting such a talented guard that knows how to play the class.

Thanks to Poblo and Tilimir for 1v1ing my BA too, very much enjoyed them. It is a shame 1v1s are so rare these days on windy; I forgot just how much I loved them.

Also Erazer that isnt a problem. I will look for you tomorrow on my burg and fight you out of the blue! Those fights are the best kind with wargs imo- you never know when and where they will strike you.
    Last edited by Noldorlord777; Apr 21 2014 at 04:10 PM.

Challenger: Finmeister
    Opponent: Aerdro
    Time: Whenever.
    Rules: Use whatever you want, I don't HIPS in 1v1s...its lame...

Challenger: crumbalin
    Opponent: sapience
    Where: deep in finmiesters ###

Quote Originally Posted by DarvaI View Post
    Challenger: crumbalin
    Opponent: sapience
    Where: deep in finmiesters ###
    I choose Crumbalin to solo that.....I'm not into heavy mouth breathers....

Challenger: My vampire High elf sorcerer
    Opponent. Anyone
    Where: castle alessia bridge

Challenger: Gurbursh
    Oponent: anyone who will fight me

P.S.: I will now bow instead of straight up attacking, I realized that people don't like that

Quote Originally Posted by soulestice View Post
    Challenger: Gurbursh
    Oponent: anyone who will fight me

P.S.: I will now bow instead of straight up attacking, I realized that people don't like that
    I should be on some tomorrow afternoon. I'll be happy to 1v1.

Not tommorrow sry

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    I should be on some tomorrow afternoon. I'll be happy to 1v1.
    sorry spilo I can't be on tommorrow but I will be on Saturday for some if you want

p.s. School is now officially out so I will be on more than once a week yay!

P.P.S : once you get all your aud gear you gotta stop with the wl spam

P.P.P.S : I look forward to seeing you getting better and better

Quote Originally Posted by soulestice View Post
    sorry spilo I can't be on tommorrow but I will be on Saturday for some if you want

p.s. School is now officially out so I will be on more than once a week yay!

P.P.S : once you get all your aud gear you gotta stop with the wl spam

P.P.P.S : I look forward to seeing you getting better and better
    Awesome! And yes, I am aware of that. But I have only been in the moors for a month, don't have very much audacity (at 10, I think), and only rank 6 (and I don't care what anyone says, rank does matter).

Thanks!

Awesome! And yes, I am aware of that. But I have only been in the moors for a month, don't have very much audacity (at 10, I think), and only rank 6 (and I don't care what anyone says, rank does matter).

Thanks!
    I guess I lied I can log on today I will be on in like an hour or so
    So maybe we can have some 1v1's

Thanks for the 1v1s! Lots of fun. Reaver ones were the most challenging. We should schedule some of these more often.

Thanks for the 1v1s! Lots of fun. Reaver ones were the most challenging. We should schedule some of these more often.
    Yeah Np Spilo, reavers are the hardest to fight. In 2 weeks I am going on a month long trip:, so we will have to get some more 1v1's in before then

Sure thing! You kicked my pants today. Trying to spar without WL spamming is definitely a challenge. Felt sorry for your warleader- he got focused down everytime he showed his face!

Sure thing! You kicked my pants today. Trying to spar without WL spamming is definitely a challenge. Felt sorry for your warleader- he got focused down everytime he showed his face!
    Yeah I hadn't played my wl in like 7-8 months so I was a lil rusty+all my corruptions were giving
    phy and tac mits :/. But I am just happy that I ranked my warg+I hit more kb's than deaths.

Thanks to the Reaver who 1v1ed me several times tonight- blowing cooldowns like crazy, but it was a heckuva lot of fun.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

1v1s still happen on windy? wow

Good 1v1s last night- nice to see a lot of new creeps out. Thanks to Grish for the endless 1v1s, and sitting in my sticky gourd

Thanks for that spars all. Gurbursh, finally developed something of a strategy against you so I'm not crushed Nash, Loyality, Sudden, Orphan, and the other warg (don't remember your name), great fights. Sorry about the internet issues- not sure what was going on.

Easymoney

I will tell you why not.... Because most of you new freeps zerg as soon as you have enough numbers that the fight is highly stacked in your favor... And if some of these newer creeps knew that, they would not go along with it.. We used to take the 1v1'es to candy mtn, and let it go there, but now upon my return, I find you guys 1v1 ing wherever you please. And you expect an apology when I run across you and set off the KB. Not my fault. Do it where you wont be seen, not at GTA. Also, why would you guys want to 1v1, when there are 4 to 6 from each side standing there??? why not take the fight to a keep, or open field and play the game. From what I can tell, the 1v1 is just so a few OP freeps can show how great they are against lower rnked creeps. The balance in this game has not changed for many yrs, and 1v1 ing is not going to help. Only a strong return of higher rnked creeps will help windy get it's pvp back in line. Where is Wahime or Khronus when you need them most. Time will tell. But the 1v1'es suck.... its a giant waste of time that could be spent zerging freeps.. Turn the map red creeps, and quit playing into the hands of these starhugging noobs. have a nice day...

Easymoney....Sonofa

Quote Originally Posted by whisky.11 View Post
    I will tell you why not.... Because most of you new freeps zerg as soon as you have enough numbers that the fight is highly stacked in your favor... And if some of these newer creeps knew that, they would not go along with it.. We used to take the 1v1'es to candy mtn, and let it go there, but now upon my return, I find you guys 1v1 ing wherever you please. And you expect an apology when I run across you and set off the KB. Not my fault. Do it where you wont be seen, not at GTA. Also, why would you guys want to 1v1, when there are 4 to 6 from each side standing there??? why not take the fight to a keep, or open field and play the game. From what I can tell, the 1v1 is just so a few OP freeps can show how great they are against lower rnked creeps. The balance in this game has not changed for many yrs, and 1v1 ing is not going to help. Only a strong return of higher rnked creeps will help windy get it's pvp back in line. Where is Wahime or Khronus when you need them most. Time will tell. But the 1v1'es suck.... its a giant waste of time that could be spent zerging freeps.. Turn the map red creeps, and quit playing into the hands of these starhugging noobs. have a nice day...

Easymoney....Sonofa

Easymoney....Sonofa
    I have to say I'm sorry but I completely disagree Ishh.In all those raid fights I have never learned anything about my class and how to fight against other classes.To people like Murz,Fel,Frac,Manbasher,Crumb I owe a lot because I have learned how to use my class better and I still learn every single time.I cant disagree on open field 1v1s,whenever I do them I know what may be coming and I expect nothing less.GTA is a good spot though and does not bother anyone.You recently returned and I think you are not viewing things properly.I personally want group fights too to take place and not only 1v1s but you cannot force some things.Most people when they see good numbers in the 1v1 circles just leave and soon more follow from both sides.I prefer 1v1s than that repetitive GV-TR or Grams-Lugz.It makes a milk shake out of your brain.

From what I can tell, the 1v1 is just so a few OP freeps can show how great they are against lower rnked creeps. The balance in this game has not changed for many yrs, and 1v1 ing is not going to help. Only a strong return of higher rnked creeps will help windy get it's pvp back in line.
    No W/D/F/P,morale,stun/root pots,no heals,no big cds.Most people 1v1 with that understanding in mind and most actually force further nerfs to them to balance the field even more.
    All in all I am just new to pvp that is the truth but the balance not only changes but swifts with every major update in the time I have been playing.
    There are higher ranked creeps,most were bored with the previous update and switched to freepside,many people and whole kins left the game.This was a problem for pvp but at the last part of the previous update the population was at a good point again.Keep in mind only recently people stopped/got tired of gearing up and are returning to pvp together with people who return to the game/server.
    We dont just need a strong return of creep players but moreso people returning in general.Most people play/played both sides so balance can be worked out to an extent.Keep also in mind the server size,every time one side will have an edge with fewer occasions where there are balanced raid fights.

In any case if you wish ignore all the above I only mean to say that everyone should try 1v1s some times.It helps so much even if it's not your playstyle.Give it a try you can only learn a few things.We all become comfortable after a point on to any strengths our classes have,it is good to try and manage by without.Give it some time Ishh more people will show up soon again.
    Tilimir ~ Crickhollow

I love you Til.... lets 1v1 today sometime, so I can show my support. and I do agree that 1v1,es can be helpful, but they usually end in freeps zerging creeps when they get numbers....

I love you Til.... lets 1v1 today sometime, so I can show my support. and I do agree that 1v1,es can be helpful, but they usually end in freeps zerging creeps when they get numbers....
    It may be that you just got back recently, but usually 1v1s end with creeps zerging. Glad to have another pvper back, do you have any other creeps besides Sonofa? I believe I sparred you the other day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast