We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for a New Server

I've been playing Lotro for 7 years now...and have played on 2 different servers in those 7 years.

Currently I am playing on the Silverlode server but it is dead...

I was wondering if Vilya is an active server...(runs and stuff going on)

I would join a server like Brandy...but I would like a smaller server that still has action (and less lag)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Teragoon; May 10 2014 at 05:34 PM.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5935699RUfFQ.png[/img][/url][url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5935700OdqUa.png[/img][/url]
    Alts: Happachi-Level 100 Minstrel, Tarmagic-Level 63 Rune-Keeper, Kriegyr-Level 58 Warden, Edlac-Level 52 Burglar

I suggest you hop into Snowbourn if you want biggest EU -server.

Vilya is one of the little ones..

I thought Vilya was a N/A server

Thanks for the fast reply!
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5935699RUfFQ.png[/img][/url][url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5935700OdqUa.png[/img][/url]
    Alts: Happachi-Level 100 Minstrel, Tarmagic-Level 63 Rune-Keeper, Kriegyr-Level 58 Warden, Edlac-Level 52 Burglar

Vilya is a NA server, I'm not sure why the previous poster directed you to a EU server since you're currently on Silverlode.

Vilya has seen better days, but I think it's in better shape than others, from what I hear; it's probably a mid-sized server. The thing about Brandy's population is that the GLFF numbers are where Vilya was 2 years ago.

(BTW, if you transfer or roll on Vilya, Unite is the most popular serverwide channel).

Quote Originally Posted by Teragoon View Post
    I've been playing Lotro for 7 years now...and have played on 2 different servers in those 7 years. Currently I am playing on the Silverlode server but it is dead...
    I was wondering if Vilya is an active server...(runs and stuff going on)
    I would join a server like Brandy...but I would like a smaller server that still has action (and less lag)
    Thanks!
    Vilya is the #3 server on Lotro (I have also played 7 years), and is quite lively with little lag if you have a decent computer. As an example of our lack of lag, please note the times for the TTHTI runs That being said, remember, soon we will have a global channel for communications that everyone will be automatically logged into. This will create many more interactions than ever before with our community, so it should also seem much more lively.

Have fun and I hope to see you on Vilya

Pherenn
    Leader of the Knights of Valour
    One of the Largest Kinships on Vilya
    Pherenn, Phermin, Pherkeeper, Phertain, Pherhuntress, Pherhunter, Pherburg, and too many others to track. Lotro Featured Player 2011; Beta Player, Former member: Player Council; Lover of all things Lotro; If I can help you...ask.

Stay on Silverlode.
    dont leave me i need you

Join Vilya. Join Captains Of Middle Earth.. let a letter from an officer tell you about us.

Vilya is Kicking and much Alive.

Whats all this talk about our server being dead.., I got news for you. We are much alive and kicking and enjoying our server though not as much lag as others, not as much community things happening. but we do have a lot of wonderful people to get to know. sometimes they include our server in the fun, sometimes they don't. so we make it fun ourselves.

I am leader of Captains Of Middle Earth and Invite you to come on over. and check us out.

This is a letter written from one of my commanding Officers Morweniel.
    It really tells who and how we are.. come on ! , what you waiting for ? . new friends await your arrival.

Feel alone? Think you would like to join a group and play as a team, but you are shy and unsure of yourself? Well, you know you can hang out with friends (us) and have fun and laughs and not feel like you are out of place In Captains of Middle Earth. We do have some very, very good players in our kin that can do hard raids and content if they want to and they do, but we in CoME group very casually together.

We do not berate others if you may make a mistake during the group session because that is something WE DO NOT do and is not tolerated by the powers that be... What we do is help you learn how to play your character and we are so willing to help you learn too. You would be amazed what you can really do with your character. You would also be amazed with the players in our kin that group and how wonderful they really are.

There are times you may look at the kin roster and see us in a group and if you ever feel like you want in on the fun we will be happy to add you to the fun if there is room in the group because some content is limited on how many can do the instance be it 3, 6, 12 or 24 in some cases. We are always willing to do larger content if the number warrant making the group bigger. We never like having someone who wants to group sitting on the sidelines if you know what I mean.

At times, some of the runs are tricky per se, but we explain everything that is getting ready to take place for someone who has never ran that particular instance (or ever grouped) before and make sure you understand what your character's role may be and we do it nicely and patiently. Then there are times when we group deeds and our goal is basically a free for all and take out every bad guy you see. Then there are runs that are trial and error and none of us knows the particulars and that is where we learn from our mistakes, and not knowing, and the only way to learn some of them.

So, please join a group one of these days and see for yourself how much fun you can have hanging out with the kin folks. We do not bite....hard...lol.

NOTE:
    I never grouped until Morweniel made level 85. That is a two year period of playing strictly solo no matter how hard Bri, Thrar, Meps, Trev and Kubo tried to get me to group and that is because I was unsure of my skills and felt I did not have the player skill to do harder content and heard how the war of words come out from others players if something went wrong thus making playing solo easier.

Then... Thrar finally was able to drag me into a Prancing Pony Skraid (That is a 12-man skirmish) 2 years ago (I have been playing for 4 years) and I never looked back and prefer group content much more than playing alone and solo. Thrar was spot on and that was the perfect thing to learn how much fun it was to be in a group. He told me just go in and kill anything you see and that is all you got to do and the rest was history!

I second this message.. Briannas Leader Captains Of Middle Earth.

Ps. Hugs Pherenn

Our server rocks

Quote Originally Posted by daygamer View Post
    Vilya is Kicking and much Alive.

Whats all this talk about our server being dead.., I got news for you. We are much alive and kicking and enjoying our server though not as much lag as others, not as much community things happening. but we do have a lot of wonderful people to get to know. sometimes they include our server in the fun, sometimes they don't. so we make it fun ourselves.

I am leader of Captains Of Middle Earth and Invite you to come on over. and check us out.

I second this message.. Briannas Leader Captains Of Middle Earth.
    Bri! Right on! Vilya Rocks (I third this message)

Pherenn
    Player Council Member 2014
    Pherenn: Over ONE year of actual /played time
    Still love it all!
    If I can help you, ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Pherenn View Post
    Bri! Right on! Vilya Rocks (I third this message)

Pherenn
    Player Council Member 2014
    I have to admit, Vilya is alive and well. I had a stint over on Imladris, and it WAS good, but people are leaving that server in a hurry! It really is a ghost town even at peak times.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 9 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Menathradon View Post
    I have to admit, Vilya is alive and well. I had a stint over on Imladris, and it WAS good, but people are leaving that server in a hurry! It really is a ghost town even at peak times.
    vilya is pretty dead too if you arent playing during maintime so if you you have a different timezone (most action is 3am for me) got to brandy its still full but not overcrowded
    if you play during peak time take vilya -> decent moors action and brandy is unplayable atm