We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wrong icon for Compendium of Middle Earth V

The icon that shows for Compendium of Middle Earth V is wrong. It shows as "IV" instead. It's a bit confusing and needs to be corrected because it's a bug. Some crafters may look at the icon and believe that they only need volume IV and waste gold, marks and medallions buying the wrong compendium. That nearly happened to me, but I noticed the error before it was too late. It needs to be corrected as a matter of urgency.

I've reported it as a bug, before anyone comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerr_Avon View Post
    and waste gold, marks and medallions buying the wrong compendium.
    Any gold/marks/medallions spent getting a Compendium IV is automatically wasted, because you can get them for free in a daily quest in Hytbold.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Any gold/marks/medallions spent getting a Compendium IV is automatically wasted, because you can get them for free in a daily quest in Hytbold.

OP was saying you could waste gold/marks/medaillons if you bought Compendium IV INSTEAD OF Compendium V, due to the use of the same icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliahnus View Post
    OP was saying you could waste gold/marks/medaillons if you bought Compendium IV INSTEAD OF Compendium V, due to the use of the same icon.
    I know that, and I'm saying that obtaining the Compendium IV through any method OTHER THAN doing the Hytbold daily is a waste of whatever currency used.

Granted, for Compendium V, since Entwood and the barter prices are just a steaming hot mess, using a skirmish camp or the AH to get one isn't as bad of an option.

Regardless, measure twice, cut once.

All Westemnet inventory items that have an Eastemnet equivalent generally have the same exact graphical icon. This is why we have red emeralds. Whether they thought they could get away with reusing everything because it's all still technically Rohan, or if they just couldn't afford or be bothered to spend the resources to make a new set of icons is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    All Westemnet inventory items that have an Eastemnet equivalent generally have the same exact graphical icon. This is why we have red emeralds. Whether they thought they could get away with reusing everything because it's all still technically Rohan, or if they just couldn't afford or be bothered to spend the resources to make a new set of icons is anyone's guess.
    It is an oversight by the developers nevertheless and needs to be sorted. One could argue that the developers are not doing their job properly. In any other profession a person would get the sack for not doing their job properly. I think it all boils down to a classic example of customer abuse, where the service provider couldn't give a "toss" about the customer and pretends that their shoddy work ethic will go unnoticed by those who are paying their wages!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerr_Avon View Post
    It is an oversight by the developers nevertheless and needs to be sorted. One could argue that the developers are not doing their job properly. In any other profession a person would get the sack for not doing their job properly. I think it all boils down to a classic example of customer abuse, where the service provider couldn't give a "toss" about the customer and pretends that their shoddy work ethic will go unnoticed by those who are paying their wages!
    As a software developer for many years this statement is not correct. Our job is to satisfy our supervisors and managers. We get to keep our jobs and collect dollars when we accomplish the tasks assigned to us by our leaders. Customers do not pay our salaries. Customers do not determine what it is we do.

You can be assured that the responsible Turbine developers are aware of the icon issue. They want to FIX IT. They are not permitted by management to make them, get them tested and released to live. Somehow or other you have to convince management somebody like Aaron Campbell to green light the icon project. The icons have to be done. Aaron Campbell gives this order. The consequence is that other things will not get done because Aaron has told the artists to not provide artwork for other content and features so that they would have the time available to do the icons. It might be no new level 96-100 gear for the level cap raise. No new looks for orcs. No new horses. No new war cosmetics. No new crafted item 96-100. No new summer festival rewards Or perhaps fewer of these items.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Just throwing it out there, I don't have the quote with me, but I believe the icons are to be replaced with U14
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I have not checked all items, but there are updated tier 9 icons in 14.2.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.