We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

ABC Music Playing

I'm creating an open thread for those who are interested in playing music together in bands and such in game. I know there aren't many of us serious rockers in Silverlode, but maybe this is one way to connect to each other.

Leave a reply to this thread if you're looking for others to jam with, share ABC files with, or just learn about music in LOTRO.

For myself, I use the Maestro MIDI-to-ABC converter and have a library of a couple hundred songs that I made. I'm looking to share them, via SVN, Dropbox or G Drive. Just ask and I'll connect you.

Also, what do you think about the Songbook plugin? I'm trying to get people to use it more, because it let's you browse and search your ABC files in game - no more trying to remember hundreds of filenames for queuing via the chat interface in game.
    Emmellia r7 mini / Landy

I also am a ABC creator, you may have seen my band around.

My main is called Darlington, and together with 4 alts (all controlled by me) forms the elven group "Birds of a Feather" (the name relates to how they all dress the same lol)

We can be seen usually once every other day, but sometimes on consecutive days, playing in Bree Craft Hall roughly between the hours of 4am to 7am UK time (11pm - 2am servertime (US eastern)).

We have a wide variety of ABC's from classical right through to heavy metal, dance etc. What you hear, depends on my mood, or requests from previous days (takes time to find a midi then convert it for playback in lotro if it wasn't in my collection when you first requested it).

I also use Digero's Maestro as an end product. A lot of my work goes into an ABC while it is still in MIDI format. I use Anvil Studio to edit the midi's dynamics, move phrases to other tracks and generally re-shape the midi to account for the many flaws of the lotro music system, the most glaring of which is the lotro system uses only 3 octaves while most midi's are written over 5 octaves.

I also use songbook, it saves a whole bunch of effort lol.

I also intend to use ISBoxer when I can afford the fee for the usage of innerspace. until then I will struggle on with 5 seperate client windows lol.

Send me a mail ingame if you want any tips, or even if you just want to jam
    Last edited by SajonOnion; Aug 20 2014 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SajonOnion View Post
    I also am a ABC creator, you may have seen my band around.

My main is called Darlington, and together with 4 alts (all controlled by me) forms the elven group "Birds of a Feather" (the name relates to how they all dress the same lol)

We can be seen usually once every other day, but sometimes on consecutive days, playing in Bree Craft Hall roughly between the hours of 4am to 7am UK time (11pm - 2am servertime (US eastern)).

We have a wide variety of ABC's from classical right through to heavy metal, dance etc. What you hear, depends on my mood, or requests from previous days (takes time to find a midi then convert it for playback in lotro if it wasn't in my collection when you first requested it).

I also use Digero's Maestro as an end product. A lot of my work goes into an ABC while it is still in MIDI format. I use Anvil Studio to edit the midi's dynamics, move phrases to other tracks and generally re-shape the midi to account for the many flaws of the lotro music system, the most glaring of which is the lotro system uses only 3 octaves while most midi's are written over 5 octaves.

I also use songbook, it saves a whole bunch of effort lol.

I also intend to use ISBoxer when I can afford the fee for the usage of innerspace. until then I will struggle on with 5 seperate client windows lol.

Send me a mail ingame if you want any tips, or even if you just want to jam
    Cool! But unfortunately we're on at different times - I tend to be on late evenings European time (about 15:00 - 17:00 server time). When we chance to be on at the same time I will def look you up.
    Till then, you can see and download the songs I've created via the link in my sig. I'm happy to share.

:-)
    Last edited by Strovolas; Aug 21 2014 at 03:27 AM.
    Emmellia r7 mini / Landy