We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool Nimrodel looking for more PvP Players from servers

Anyone looking for good PvP action, transfer to our server! We pretty much are raided up on both sides every day, numbers are lower during the day since a lot of people work.

So feel free to ask questions, all us creeps are great people, no ego's to stroke, we're all out to have a good time. You won't find any squabbling on our side. We could use more freeps
    as well.

Both sides have some great raid leaders, good fighting, sometimes one side is outnumbered, but we never quit.

Folks on Nimrodel

I play both sides! I'm not a super high rank but I go out there and try to stick my dagger into a warg every now and then. Took my non-cap toon out there the other day and the raid helped me out when I got eaten by a warg! Was so nice . Nimrodel is sweet - should come on over!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie4486 View Post
    all us creeps are great people, no ego's to stroke, we're all out to have a good time.
    This is hard to read without laughing. Nimrodel is flooded with players that have no interest in pvp at all and only lolzeasymode on both sides, but mostly on creepside. You have a r14 warg that's never 1v1'd..ever...or even fought anyone over half morale. I recommend no one transfer there. You reap what you sow and that community deserves exactly what it has right now.

Great action nightly? You're right we do deserve that but to the OPs point, a few leaders wouldn't hurt. Lots out on both sides nightly.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000114f0c/01006/signature.png]Meliar[/charsig]

Come one come all. To Nimrodel where freeps are farmed by the hour. Why wouldn't you want to come to this splendid server where its a 24 man raid + 12 soloers/group vs 10 - 12. Where it is always a GV camp with all the OPs, Delv bosses, and a freever in all the Keeps so they wont flip to freepside and they stay secured. It's a freeps paradise!!! Join now!!!
    I'm a human manifestation of all 7 Cardinal Sins.
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Giiovy (Mini Sub Main) - Last Stand of Olorin(PvP/PvE Kin) - Brandywine (Main)
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Zuheiry (LM Sub Main) - Exceptional(PvE T2c Raid Kin) - Nimrodel

Ok, ignoring some of these posts because they simply are not true. We do have an R14 warg, but its not like we're all 20 years old & are fast & furious on the keyboard. We do have some that have nothing nice to say
    and they feel better about themselves by being mean to others as you can see by the above posts. They do not speak for the entire Nimrodel community.

Anyway, no, there's been various fights around the land as I'm sure it is on all the servers. All I'm asking is if people are looking for a smaller server to play on, feel free to try ours out.

You have Mungu, you don't need anyone else.
    [url=http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/en-eldar-general-discussion-749/207944-pvmp-eldar.html]Real Eldar PvP.[/url]
    [url=http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/en-eldar-general-discussion-749/245010-pvmp-eldar-part-2-a.html]More real Eldar PvP.[/url]

Hail Mungu!

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonCabbage View Post
    You have Mungu, you don't need anyone else.
    Praise Be.
    I'm a human manifestation of all 7 Cardinal Sins.
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Giiovy (Mini Sub Main) - Last Stand of Olorin(PvP/PvE Kin) - Brandywine (Main)
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Zuheiry (LM Sub Main) - Exceptional(PvE T2c Raid Kin) - Nimrodel

really

[QUOTE=Stepbrother;7179471]This is hard to read without laughing. Nimrodel is flooded with players that have no interest in pvp at all and only lolzeasymode on both sides, but mostly on creepside. You have a r14 warg that's never 1v1'd..ever...or even fought anyone over half morale. I recommend no one transfer there. You reap what you sow and that community deserves exactly what it has right now.[/QUOT

Wow really? as far as i can remember YOU are part of the community. So to sit on your high horse and talk down to the rest of us is just BS.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001c536b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Lmao, its a gv camp even when freeps have numbers and a blue map. What we need on Nimrodel are some freeps with bawls.... I for one am glad that some of the more cowardly players (see above) have transferred, go avoid a fair fight somewhere else.

I don't think majority of smaller population servers differ much from each other. I play mostly on Vilya, and it's obvious that more experienced players are moving on, either playing other games and logging rarely, or quitting altogether, which makes passing knowledge and know-how to newer generations harder. There is also a trend where higher ranks prefer to solo or play in smaller (exclusive VIP ) groups, rarely stepping up and leading bigger groups and taking in greener creeps/freeps. Some are afraid of failure for some reason, and some just don't enjoy raiding, which is fine (it's their money/time), as long as they don't complain about "zerging". Ergo, new player circulation is very limited on smaller servers, and it's obvious that PVP in Lotro today is more centralized on bigger servers than ever.
    Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
    Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
    Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)

idk

Last 3 times I ventured out to the Nim Moors (as a total Moors noob) and tried to get my footing, ask a few questions etc. I got few helpful responses & a few rude ones and a lot of just zero response. I was left with the sense, that if one didn't know already, really, get lost. Which stuck me as a bit illogical when folks keep posting, need more freeps/creeps. Got to start somewhere, but by yourself obviously doesn't work out if there is little assistance from those there. I not sure if my experience is the norm, but it left me unmotivated to try learn more. I think you could get more new Moors players if there was a bit more of an inclusive perspective to new players. But you all may only want experienced Moor players. I'm sure some will say, it's not that hard, quit QQing, nut up etc. but I'm not here to cry, just share that the experienced Moors folks might want to be a bit more receptive to noobs who want to learn better if you want to increase numbers. I may try again in the future but only if I go with some prearranged grouping.

Reme
    mber, it is a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysstofur View Post
    ..... Got to start somewhere, but by yourself obviously doesn't work out if there is little assistance from those there. I not sure if my experience is the norm, but it left me unmotivated to try learn more. I think you could get more new Moors players if there was a bit more of an inclusive perspective to new players. ......

There's some towns near where I live, down back in the woods... where they don't get many visitors. If you drive through town they just look at you and follow you with their eyes as you drive on through, never getting up from their checkerboard on the barrel between them. You get the feeling they would shoot anything that did stop, after they poked at it a bit with a stick. As the banjo music drifts away behind you, you breathe a sigh of relief - just before your tire blows out from the possum trap you just ran over.

PvMP is like this sometimes. We're actually friendly, but we just don't get out much, and we tend to shoot at things at our front door.

(Um, we're working on that part.)

re: being noob at PVMP in LOTRO

Over the eons of the game, there's been lots written and discussed and tossed into the salad bowl about this but in the end the dressing is always Blue Cheese.

There's really not much you can do, if you don't know the ropes, know the players and know the strategies (or lack of them) and there's only one way to learn them ... go out until you get it figured out yourself.

All the self-help PVMP guides can do (lotro-wiki and others) is give you a basic "idea" but it's like riding a bicycle, you just gotta get on and pedal yourself.

Along the way, you can expect to be ghanked and targeted and have some rude things said about you all of which you just have to ignore and use what skills you have to survive a teeny bit longer the next time. Once players see that you come out regularly then you will find a slightly more enjoyable experience and there will be groups you can connect up with. But you gotta spend some time being cannon fodder or at the moment, spider food or being sliced and diced by reavers.

As to Freeps being GV camped, yeppers that's true. The best thing is the rez is nearby and you cannot be ghanked on the way back to the bottom of the stairs....
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel