We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wink This is how i PvP

This is how i play my reaver xD

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:25 PM.

This is how Apagon tries to scape when he sees a full craid running at him and has sprint on cooldown

Apagon r12 Guardian - Feianor r10 Rune-Keeper

3. Jun 12 2014, 11:31 AM

Y'all need to be more imaginative. One of my favorite things I love to do is always have my camera turned behind me but still walk forward, that way when freeps THINK they have the drop on me by riding behind me I'll turn around at the last second and have the drop on them, I like to imagine the freep with the exact shocked expression that Cloud has:

[center][color=red][size=3][color=gold]~[/color]Ittybitty, Reaver[color=gold]~[/color][/size]
    [size=1]Sexylegs, Rank [color=cyan]8[/color] Spider[/size]
    [size=1]Vic, Rank [color=cyan]7[/color] Defiler[/size][/color][/center]

That reminds me of that one time when i scared a new dwarf guard at Grothum on my reaver.

I just went up to him, looked at him and when he turned and saw me his little character was shaking rapidly and suddenly he stopped moving and did nothing.
    I had this image of him sitting completely shocked at his computer in my head which made it impossible for me to stop laughing xD

He probably got killed by a warg after that.
    Make Moors Great Again - Crickhollow
    Ishlan, Sahlin
    too many creeps and freeps to list all

Thumbs up A "Guide" to Group setups.

Once upon a time, professor doctor ishlan-sama wrote this (Don't take it too serious) :

A group should always be build considering the "Tops-principle".

To explain it, we have to go to the roots of PvMP. What are we here for? What do we want to accomplish?
    The answer is simple - Kills. We want renown/infamy and the nice feeling of kb'ing defilers and burglars (HashtagF#?@DefilersAndBurgs).
    Getting to that point requires our group to have enough DPS to kill our enemies, and enough heals to live long enough to kill our enemies.

The Tops-principle is simple. Maximum DPS, minimal heals.
    Get all the healing RK's and minis into DPS traits, switch from defilers and wls to reavers and melt the enemy before he can heal.
    The point of it is to die and kill as often as possible for both sides to have the maximum outcome in inf/ren gain.

A group needs to communicate on different levels.

Some of you might have noticed that the chat and inbuild voice chat in lotro aren't enough for a decent flow of information during a fight.
    The best way would be for everyone in your group to meet in teamspeak or whatever service there is, but obviously you'd have to know them abit before you can do that.

But there is help. Plugins for raidshouts (Example : Raidguy_Plugin, or simply binding a string to a key [too much to explain lol]), and predefined "jobs" for your groupmembers (Example : Weaver should put their web down under the enemies healers for better dps, or under your healers for higher survivability) so they know what to do - all of this helps giving your group a decent performance.

And the most important thing that you should always keep in mind is win the fight before it begins.

You want to get the jump on the others for the tactical advantage. Using the old bush stealth (©Nalshi, 2014), treehugging or camping at weird spots are a few ways of winning the fight before it starts.
    After all, this is a mindgame and only the superior human being that completely mastered his freep/creep and eye-hand coordination will win the fight.

And the most most important thing ever : If you're successful you don't want to invite more people.

...Unless you were mentally abused and driven into insanity by a freep/creep (which i consider an impossibility).
    Ishlan, Sahlin

This sums up Lotro PvMP.

Eat them Freeps and become a god one day... xD
    Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:25 PM.

Cool How to RP the correct way.

British accent - check....
    Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:26 PM.

And this is how Isengard should have fallen.
    Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:26 PM.

Now it's time for some orchestral music to get pumped while running around, finding no enemies to kill!

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:27 PM.

If there are no enemies to kill you can just alt/tab and watch this with the same background music ;-)

Talking

UNLEASH ALL YOUR ANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blato View Post
    UNLEASH ALL YOUR ANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol'ed so hard that my dog got scared
    Apagon r12 Guardian - Feianor r10 Rune-Keeper

This is....

... how it feels like to work with incompetent people.

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:28 PM.

Angry

Today was a bad day. People got killed, families got murdered, but what's most shocking: People killed themselves over and over again.

In my pride as a Noob PvP WL i have to ask people who think of turning into a real easymoder with farming to refrain from doing so. Especially on such a nice server.

Ishlan, Sahlin

Red guard best farming kin.

Gladden: Bregwing(r7 cappy), other 3 100s
    Semiretired

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliel View Post
    Red guard best farming kin.
    Na not that good - he forgot his 100% renown buff
    Fai ciò che ti rende felice.

Sizzlac - R12 Loremaster Zweisocke - R13 Warg
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzlax3.0 View Post
    Na not that good - he forgot his 100% renown buff
    True, didn't notice that.

Semiretired

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliel View Post
    True, didn't notice that.
    Ive noticed them out and the things i take from them is this......

1. they like to pve
    2. they die alot
    3. they like to pve
    4. they die alot
    5. they like to pve
    6. they die alot
    7. they like to pve
    8. they die alot
    9. they like to pve
    10. they die alot

Oh also 11-20 they like to sit at grams and farm or should i say try and farm
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Ive noticed them out and the things i take from them is this......

1. they like to pve
    2. they die alot
    3. they like to pve
    4. they die alot
    5. they like to pve
    6. they die alot
    7. they like to pve
    8. they die alot
    9. they like to pve
    10. they die alot

Oh also 11-20 they like to sit at grams and farm or should i say try and farm
    They manage to kill Bok and Gasham with their group after all this pve? Or they still wipe and need more practice?

Semiretired

Red face Something actually topic-related

Tips and Tricks for PvMP
    Part 1

Basics

Chapter 1
    Once upon a time, in a faraway battlefield called the Ettenmoors, where legendary warriors where fighting for survival, an unknown being discovered the - to this day - most powerful weapon in LotRO.
    The Mouse.

Some people where destined to be able to use them, which granted them a massive advantage on the battlefield.
    In order to make more people able to use this legendary weapon, the warriors had the option to bind quickslots to keys, which completely crushed the necessity of keyturning.

However, there were smart keyturners who once realized that they can boost they powers, simply by opening a file and changing a number.
    ( user > documents > the lord of the rings online > UserPreferences.ini > [INPUT] section in the editor > variable "TurnKeySpeed=XYZ" > set it to 400 or higher, depending on your preference )
    And thus they managed to defend themselves better against the chosen ones, who brutally use their mouse to the fullest extent.

Chapter 2
    About 10 months later, the unknown being found out about the greatest magic. It aquired the might of a god. The options panel. There, it enabled a technology called "target assist window" which granted it the power to let its comrades know, what it is about to attack. Even more. It enabled "target forwarding" and "show selections target", which caused it to see what its opponents were targeting, and also being able to hit skills on its comrades target, even though it had its comrade selected.

The options were filled with opportunities, and it studied all of them until it got tired.

Chapter 3
    Then Bill, a good player, spawned.
    One day, there was too much spam in his chatbox. So he divided his chatbox into an actual chat box and a notifications box (like below).
    He learned that he could make his selections' name appear in his chat by writing ";target" and he immediately used it with the command "/shortcut XY /OOC Attack ;target now" while XY was a number between 1 and 72 which defined the quickslot.

Chapter 4
    The next day, Bill discovered plugins. lotrointerface link
    He downloaded PvMP+, BuffBars, various UI skins and Combat Analysis. They turned out rather usefull, and there were loads more plugins to find.
    (Picture how all that turns out on my screen)
    Ishlan, Sahlin

Don't stop now!what happened to Bill next?
    Tilimir ~ Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon21 View Post
    Don't stop now!what happened to Bill next?
    No spoilers. Part 2 coming soon.
    Ishlan, Sahlin

Tips and Tricks for PvMP
    Part 2

Basics

Chapter 5
    One day, Bill was angry about the flood of information he couldn't pick up at once.
    So he went into the options and disabled Player names, titles, surnames; other players damage and the floaty damage on the selections portrait, he removed the quest tracker and enabled an option to only show his own buffs and dispellable effects on others for him, so only the - for him - necessary stuff was up.
    [Options > UI Settings > Section: Floaty Information || Options > Social Options > Section: Group Effect Options]
    (Yes, you will recognize gwill even without her name on top of the character)

Chapter 6
    After about 1 month of 24/7 gameplay, Bill noticed the existence of tooltips. He always thought of them as bugs that occasionally popped up just to be gotten rid of.
    But there was use for them in PvMP.

Bill can hover with his mouse over a player, press "h" and create a tooltip with that. Whenever he clicks on it, he selects this player if the player is in range.
    This is very usefull for tiny areas, huge RvR action and fights in keeps with a lot of NPCs. It's a good way to easily be a good TA.

And knowing this much about the basics, Bill was ready to move on.
    (other stuff might be added to the basics later on)

Combat

Chapter 1
    Bill always wondered about the difference between "Immediate" and "Fast" skills. Since he couldn't find out about it, he asked Cricks veterans for help.
    Out of all the opinions he gathered, he concluded the following:
    Immediate skills are Fast skills, that cut the animation of the skill that was used before them. They are so selfish, they can't wait a few milliseconds to have their turn.
    Cutting animations is most effective when used for long animations like Serration.

Chapter 2
    The veterans gave him another tip: "When there's black, yellow or red s"§! on the ground, you don't want to stay where you are."
    Bill couldn't possibly comprehend, since he didn't know anything about other players skills. But the knowledge was usefull, and he started studying skills of other classes...

And here a smile to have the minimum of 1 video/pic per post.
    Ishlan, Sahlin

Exclamation The almighty power of lag

I'm sick of your delayed reactions, server.

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:29 PM.

Red face How to exploit bugs - the correct way

Last edited by Blato; May 26 2016 at 02:29 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast