We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Gwaihir

Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post.

Video available here.

1. You promised to reveal your home server in this run
      He did. It was the server he started on, and played on for a very long time. When he started working at Turbine he got sidetracked and eventually moved away, but it’s the server he will probably return to. He will reveal that at some point in the run. He agrees to reveal it when the group finishes the deed.
    2. Do you have any kind of NDA when you leave, or is it just a gentleman’s agreement not to talk about certain things?
      Pretty much any time you work for a video game company you are immediately put under NDA. You can’t talk about the things you are told not to speak about. In fact, if you aren’t authorized to speak at all, you can’t speak at all. So the finance guy can’t go out and tell you everything that’s going on. The short answer is, when he leaves Turbine he will still be under NDA. He’s been in meetings this week and has seen things coming as though he was still going to be at Turbine next year, so he knows what’s coming U15 and beyond. He can’t share any of that.
    3. For how long?
      At the pace of development around there, it won’t be too long before they move past what he’s going to know when he leaves. Probably by the time we’re halfway to U15 he’ll only know half of what’s going into it because things change, plans get updated. What he knows may change between now and then. He will be just like us – listening very intently for certain things to come to pass. To give us an idea, a couple of things that he actually can’t talk about happened today where he was super excited and he had to go running around finding people to get some things lined up, so one of the last things he gets to do is something that he thinks will be important to a lot of people and he hopes it happens.
    4. Do you ever watch any of the other streamers personally?
      He sometimes watches MMO Reporter and LotRO Reporter. There are some guys who stream Infinite Crisis and he watches them sometimes. He is horrible at MOBAs, but he thinks that people who are really good at them are really amazing to watch, especially when you’re bad and you see someone who’s so good. Sometimes he watches players that just do random stuff. He watched a couple of streams from Galuhad when he was doing stuff for Extra Life.
    5. The Footsteps of the Fellowship deed is completed, and Sapience reveals that his home server is Meneldor.
    6. Where did the turtles come from?
      When a momma and poppa turtle love each other very much… (laughs). Actually it’s a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming update.
    7. Is that Rowan I hear laughing in the background?
      It could be. He’s having a conversation with a few people, so more than likely. And yes, you can always tell when Rowan is laughing – he has a very distinctive laugh. Rowan has a distinctive laugh and Raina has a very clear cackle.
    8. What is this? Some sort of race?
      Sapience explains the SHIELD runs to everyone.
    9. Will you be travelling for Extra Life or will you be doing a lot of work from home?
      He will be primarily working from home, but he already knows in the next two weeks or so he’ll be going Salt Lake City, which is where Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is based, and he will also be going to Las Vegas. He’s excited about Salt Lake City because Chance Thomas has invited him to meet for lunch while he’s there. So he’s excited for that.
    10. Is the chat in World chat about your leaving Turbine true?
      It is true, today is his last official SHIELD run as community manager.
    11. Can you say if you have alts on Dwarrowdelf?
      Yes, he does have some alts there.
    12. Where are you going?
      He is leaving for Extra Life, which only means that we really need to get him to 100k, just to prove a point. To prove that we really are the most awesome and generous gaming community. Because now he’s got to go to all these other communities and say, “Hey, these guys are raising this much. Are you going to take that?” So now we need to redouble our efforts and make him really proud.
    13. Are you in the Order of Light?
      He is not, sorry.
    14. Sapience reminds everyone that the schedule for next week (and for the rest of the runs after) has changed. Instead of doing one a day he’s doing two a day.
    15. Will Frelorn be our dedicated community manager or will he be managing other communities for WB?
      He will be dedicated to LotRO. He was on LotRO when Sapience joined the team, they were on LotRO together for awhile, then he went to Infinite Crisis, and now he’s coming back to LotRO.
      Sapience thanks everyone for the well wishes and kind words, and says he really does appreciate it. He says it was not an easy decision.
      Sapience gives a shout out to Midhrahad for leading the run with a good time despite the griefing that happened late in the run.

On a personal note I want to thank Sapience for all his hard work on behalf of the community, and all of his hard work via Extra Life for the kids. He's been an exceptionally engaged and active community manager and he will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    On a personal note I want to thank Sapience for all his hard work on behalf of the community, and all of his hard work via Extra Life for the kids. He's been an exceptionally engaged and active community manager and he will be missed!!
    Seconded, and a big THANK YOU to Frickinmuck, Moochi, Mar-Evayave, Ravynne, and Eldalleth for transcribing the livestreams! I wonder if Frelorn will keep you just as busy.
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador, Rhovanion, Gondor, and Mordor
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

Squee Meneldor!

Thank you to the twitch chatters for passing on my question the other day when I had to leave before the stream started. Much appreciated!
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Vanyar

Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

Video available here.

1. How are you enjoying your new job?
      He loves his new job. It’s very cool. He’s already met some very cool people, some of whom he’d already met, but now he gets to work with them, which is even cooler.
      Sapience starts out the run by saying he is happy to answer any questions, but keep in mind he’s no longer officially at Turbine so what little he still knows will probably begin to no longer apply, but he will be happy to answer anything about his time there, or answer anything about himself, or anything about Extra Life since he is now the community manager for Extra Life.
    2. Is this the new PC you were waiting to reinstall things on?
      Yes, it is, so his specs are slightly different from what he’s had in the past. He now has a 4th generation i7 running at 4ghz, 16GB of RAM, an Invidia GTX 650 with 2GB of RAM and he’s running Windows 7 64 bit and he has a pair of SSDs – one for the OS and one for just games. And he also has a 1GB standard drive for other things.
    3. When will the community forum Extra Life be up and running, and will you be known as Sapience there?
      There are a whole lot of things in the works for Extra Life. Forums are definitely going to be part of it. He doesn’t have a launch date for them yet, but if you follow him on Twitter you will be the first to know, because he’ll scream it from the mountain tops. He intends to be known as Sapience. He made a new Twitch cannel and called it Sapience, and everyone knows him as Sapience, so he just kind of kept it. You’ll always be able to find him as that. https://twitter.com/rickheaton
    4. Do you have any pets?
      Not right now, no. He used to have a beautiful cat, but they had to put her down on St. Patrick’s day. She was 13 years old and in rapidly failing health and they had to make a pretty tough decision. Although he would love to have a dog.
    5. Are you going to be participating in Frelorn’s livestreams?
      He hadn’t planned on it. If he happened to be online at a time when Frelorn was streaming something from his server, he might participate as a player. He doesn’t know what Frelorn has planned – he’s out of that loop, unfortunately.
    6. More questions about what Frelorn has planned
      He has no idea what Frelorn has planned, but he can say that there are 17 servers left in the SHIELD runs, and Sapience will still be doing those runs as planned.
    7. Do you think Frelorn will do as good a job of being a CM as you did?
      Depending on who you ask, he may do better. Frelorn is a really great guy. He’s known Frelorn for the entire time he was there. Frelorn has actually been at Turbine for 10 years. He was CM for Asheron’s Call, he on LotRO before Sapience was there, and for a brief time with Sapience, he was on Infinite Crisis. He’s a good CM.
      Sapience mentions that he’s really excited because he’s going to Salt Lake City and he and Chance Thomas are trying to line up a lunch together for when he’s there. He may try to get some Riders of Rohan soundtracks signed by Chance for Extra Life prizes.
      Comment in chat about a dream a player had that their school had burned down and everyone was evacuated to the town center and Sapience was there, and all they cared about was trying to get the “Well Met” title from him. Sapience laughs and says he’s glad the person’s priorities were straight.
    8. Is the new job going to involve a lot more traveling for you?
      He thinks so. He’s already been asked to plan on it. In his second week there he’ll be going to Salt Lake City and Vegas, so that bodes well.
    9. Sapience gives an update on the Extra Life fundraiser progress. $34,468 is where things stand now, which he says is an awfully long way away from $100k, which is the point where he will have to get all kinds of needles stuck in him.
    10. What do you have on the wall behind you?
      The one closest to him is Walking Tall, the one in the middle is Waterworld, and the one at the far end is The Crow. They are all originals, and the Walking Tall one is signed both by the Rock and by Johnny Knoxville. He has enough that he should swap them out to give us something to look at.
    11. Did you stream from here before?
      Yes, he did stream from home a few times in the past.

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Arkenstone

Video available here.

1. Sapience opens the run by explaining what a cheesy poof is, for those who are asking why the sun fellowship marker is often called a cheesy poof. He basically describes this. [ Although most people’s experience of them is more like this. – Frick ]
    2. If a new server was made, what would you name it?
      They actually asked that question when LotRO went free to play. They had a community vote, and the four most popular names became the four new servers.
    3. People in the chat are having a lively conversation about milking reindeer. Sapience says he’ll never be able to go to Forochel again, because he’ll never be able to look at the creatures there the same way. People try changing the topic to bacon, but that just conjures up images of reindeer bacon for him.
    4. A new player enters the chat and Sapience explains what the event is all about.
    5. There is much discussion of food in the chat, as has become customary.
    6. Why are you using OOC instead of World?
      Because he doesn’t know that everyone in the world cares, but he figures that people in the general vicinity do. He didn’t join GLFF and give run updates there, either. It’s also just force of habit, since during all of the runs in the past, including the TTHTI he’s also used OOC.

Well, that answers the "Are Frick & Co still transcribing these?" question! :P

Glad to see it, thanks y'all.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    Well, that answers the "Are Frick & Co still transcribing these?" question! :P

Glad to see it, thanks y'all.
    Yep, the rest of these events will be transcribed, although with Sapience no longer at Turbine, we can expect a lot fewer questions. Sorry for the delay in getting Tuesday's up - it's vacation week here.

Eldalleth is offline Weatherstock Steward
    Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Withywindle

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Withywindle

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A - Withywindle

Video available here.

1. Sapience opens the run apologizing for being late but he was on a conference call with Extra Life. Lots of cool stuff coming with Extra Life but nothing he can talk about.
    2. Explains SHIELD acronym, refers to a previous run when he made a joke that a future run should have to be S.W.O.R.D. and shame on everyone for not knowing the history of S.H.I.E.L.D. [ For those who don't know the reference is to the original Marvel Comics S.H.I.E.L.D. - Eldalleth]
    3. New extra life suggestion in chat is that at 50,000 he video himself singing the full version of Rick Astley- Never gonna give you up. Sapience says Two problems- You don't want to hear him sing and you assume he doesn't already know the words. [After previous stream he asked a few people to help him test out an extra life stream on his channel and "Rick Rolled" us meaning he played a Rick Astley song. The video is on his channel archived but copyright restrictions means there is no audio to the clip. - Eldalleth]
    4. There is mention in chat of an event Sept 13 on Landroval for cool stuff and to raise money for extra life drive so close to 35,000. [It is called the Storyteller's Festival more details here-Eldalleth]
    5. Question in chat regarding how much it costs to level with the expansions to cap? Sapience mentions that he does know of people who have leveled to cap solely through grinding turbine points and some that spend a mix of turbine points and money. It can be done either way. One of the great things about LOTRO in general is whether you want to spend time or money instead of just a flat subscription fee.
    6. If you donate now to extra life do you get the past rewards such as the mounts and titles and cloaks and turbine points? You do get the rewards for mounts and titles and cloaks and pets retroactively however the turbine points goals are sent out as soon as they happen. The other rewards go out at the end of extra life goal. Sapience points out that some of the pets are $25 donation instead of the five to receive most everything else. If your total ends up being $25 over a few months that counts as well.
    7. Would you consider getting the extra life tattoo on your forehead? Only if we raise 10 million dollars and the check clears. Its not enough that players get to inflict pain on him they always seem to want have him get the tattoo in weird places.
    8. Sapience mentions there is a contest going on for extra life for those with awesome video skills- Super cool video you could end up going to Disney World for you and a friend. Extra-Life Video Contest link here
    9. Do you feel more free to play LOTRO and attend events now that your not working at Turbine? He feels more free to play on servers where people knew him before he worked for Turbine. Now he is able to go back to some of his original characters but hasn't had a lot of time this week since he has been leveling dwarfs up to lvl 50. Also lots of paperwork to go through at the moment getting ready for traveling.
    10. What streams will you be doing for Extra Life? Sapience has a Pre-Extra Life Live Stream in August date is still up in the air. Its a 5 hr minimum. He will also be doing a Live Stream October 25th where he will be playing on both Creep and Freep side in the Ettenmoors due to the goals of 5000 and 9000 being met.

[Apologies for the transcripts being late its been a very busy week, Silverlode should be up tomorrow. -Eldalleth]
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Aug 10 2014 at 01:26 AM.
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Evernight (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I stream on twitch you can find me on twitch.tv/eldalleth
    I am also a member of the Official Lotro Stream Team twitch.tv/lotrostream :)
    I am a Director on the Lotro-wiki feel free to ask questions or let me know if something is missing.
    Need something Lotro related retweeted player event etc? Tag Lotrofamily on Twitter twitter.com/lotrofamily or me twitter.com/eldalleth
    Moderator of LotRO Community Discord Server and many others https://discord.gg/CQxRf33Wd7

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Silverlode

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Silverlode

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A - Silverlode

Video available here.

1. Do archived streams disappear? Yes if you don't highlight it, it goes away in about 3 weeks. The one from a couple days ago on his personal stream where he "rick rolled" everyone, he doesnt think needs to be archived but actual Extra Life streams will be.
    2. Do they still do the best house in the neighborhood? It was called Better Holes and Gardens and to Sapience knowledge it hasn't been done in a really long time.
    3. Will there ever be new instruments in the game? Never say never.
    4. Sapience will resume SHIELD runs on August 19th as he will be out of town this coming week.
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Evernight (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I am a Director on the Lotro-wiki feel free to ask questions or let me know if something is missing.
    Need something Lotro related retweeted player event etc? Tag Lotrofamily on Twitter twitter.com/lotrofamily or me twitter.com/eldalleth
    Moderator of LotRO Community Discord Server and many others https://discord.gg/CQxRf33Wd7

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Evernight

Video available here and here.

1. Comment that Sapience always seems happier and more cheerful when doing these streams from home, even during TTHTI
      That’s because we can only see him from the shoulders up, so he’s more comfortable (laughs). Really it’s just easier for him, and more relaxed because he doesn’t have so many distractions and doesn’t have to worry about people having conversations around him in the office that should not be broadcast via Twitch.
    2. It’s time for Tossmi to make an appearance on Landroval
      Probably at some point. He’s been really busy, and just spent 7 days out of town. Which was a lot of fun. He got to meet a lot of really cool people who are excited about supporting Extra Life so he had a ball with that. And he got to hang out with Druidsfire, so that was kind of neat. She also interviewed him while he was there.
    3. Is the new job going well?
      Yes it is, really well.
    4. Do you miss your Turbine colleagues?
      Absolutely. There are some fantastic people there and he misses seeing them every day. No question.
    5. Someone asks for him to give out some LotRO swag
      The only swag he has now is his own stuff, so he doesn’t really have anything to give away.
    6. Are you enjoying the extra sleep from not commuting every day?
      Having those two hours a day has been unbelievably cool. Because it was about an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. Now his commute is just 12 seconds up the stairs.
    7. Did you get to play any of the games at SOE Live while you were there?
      No, he was kind of running around in circles trying to meet people and trying to get a whole bunch of people signed up and excited about Extra Life. And he met a whole lot of really awesome streamers who were very cool and very excited to participate. He got some emails from a few today, in fact.
    8. Before you left Turbine did you find out if anyone was working on a sign for The Bridge of Hobbit Doom?
      He had asked. He doesn’t know if or what will ever happen, but he did ask, and he did suggest a small rock.
    9. Someone suggests that the Dwarves really should fix the Bridge of Khazad-dûm
      Yes, they probably should, but if you look at Thornley’s Work Site and various other places like that, it would seem the construction services in Middle Earth are sorely lacking.
    10. Someone points out that one of their quests in the Flaming Deeps was to collect materials so the Dwarves could fix the bridge
      And he bets that they’re still not done.
    11. Are you automatically on follow when you come out of Moria or do you have to reset it?
      He has to reset it, so it’s very helpful when the person he’s following is right there waiting.
    12. Why are some NPCs so grumpy?
      He doesn’t know, but he thinks that’s a good question. They seem to be bothered by giving you the quest, and bothered when you complete it.
    Last edited by frickinmuck; Aug 25 2014 at 04:48 PM.

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A – Riddermark

1. Is that an elf in a pair of jeans?
      He thought so too, Enabelle’s outfit looks like a pair of jeans and a beige shirt. [ For the curious, here's a snap I took of her after the run - Frick ]
    2. The original leader of the run was stopping for ore, and led Tossmi off a cliff. First death of the SHIELD event. Sapience says that his poor life was sacrificed in pursuit of ore. The Dwarf in him approves. The warden Enabelle takes over leading the run.
    3. Does Tossmi have any mead on him?
      No, he does not. But this should definitely be a drunken run if ever there was one.
    4. Someone in the chat mentions that Dwarves will drink anything with alcohol in it.
      He has to support this position. He’s seen it in practice.
    5. Someone asks for more lens flare
      That’s something he can actually do (he ups the bloom intensity in the advanced graphics settings). That’s basically lens flare.
    6. As the group passes through Jazargund on the way to the 21st Hall, Sapience comments that even though this is the 17th or 18th run, he still enjoys the visuals and the scenery of Moria more than when going across the landscape from Bree to Isengard. It’s just so cool.
    7. Sapience says that despite being an elf in mom jeans, Enabelle is doing really well.
    8. Sapience tells a story he mentioned on Twitter. He was wearing a Big Trouble in Little China t-shirt that says “Pork Chop Express, Jack Burton Trucking” on it, which was given to him by a player at the Niagara Falls meet-up earlier this year, and it’s 5AM in Las Vegas, at the airport check-in counter, and a very nice lady behind the counter looks at his shirt and says, “Isn’t that from a Kurt Russell movie?” He could have hugged her. He said, “why, yes it is!”
    9. How are things at Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals?
      Very well, thank you. They’re getting ready for Extra Life on the 25th of October, which is not too far away now.
    10. Any last tidbits you can share from LotRO?
      Based on everything he knew at the time that he left, U15 is going to be very very cool.
    11. When is U15?
      Shockingly enough, he does know when it’s coming, but he won’t say. Soon™. Not until the end of the year, but it will be well worth the wait.
    12. What software are you using to stream?
      XSplit.
    13. If we guess the release date for U15 will you say warm or cold?
      Sure. He’ll say warm or cold. “Warm or cold.” There you go, easy.
    14. Now that they can’t get back at you, is there anything you can tell about the devs?
      (Laughs) They’re all pretty much as cool as you’d think they are. He has no dirt to dish, they’re all great people.
    15. People in the chat still requesting more info or details about the game
      The simple reality is, if there’s anything he does know that has not yet been released, he’s not going to tell us.
    16. Are you allowed to visit the Turbine offices when you want to?
      He thinks if he had a reason to he’d probably be allowed to. He doesn’t think they’ve posted guards yet (laughs).
    17. What will you do with Tosmii after the run?
      He won’t toss him. He’ll stay around, and pop back into a server from time to time. Actually the one on Landroval is in a kinship.
    Last edited by frickinmuck; Aug 27 2014 at 05:25 PM.

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A-Imladris

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A - Imladris

Video available here.

1. Sapience points out that Aravuli is also who led him for the THTTI run.

2. Sapience shares a link in chat from Chris Pratt visiting Children's Hospital dressed as Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy. It was also posted on Children's Miracle Network and Extra-Life's Facebook pages. You can view that image here.

3. Which are the best quest packs for a new player?
    You get a pretty good selection of quests when you start out but he would definitely recommend as you get closer to 50 getting the Moria Expansion since you get access to two extra classes, some character slots and all of Moria. Mithril Edition also is a good buy since it comes with 2,000 turbine points.

4. How are the donations for Extra Life going?
    $36,544 so far, long way from a 100 grand when he has to get the tattoo so he is starting to worry less about it. [You can always check where donation levels are at on Sapience's Extra Life Page here.

5. How does this year's Extra Life donations compare to last year?
    They have exceeded it by more than 30,000 from where they are at this time last year.

6. The #InkRick tag on Twitter gets brought up in chat as everyone continues talking about Extra Life Donations. Comments in chat lead Sapience to believe it was likely Braxwulf that started the hashtag InkRick.

7. Is the Extra Life charity US Only?
    There are Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in Canada and the US. However even though they are not present in every country, children from every country will benefit. There aren't any in Europe however Boston's Children's as an example treats children from all over the world. They are known for helping children even get visa's to come to the US for treatment

8. Sapience mentions in chat after ending the stream to be sure and follow him on twitter @RickHeaton as well as @extralife4kidsfor great news on Friday. You can also find Extra Life on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ExtraLife4Kids[New forums and message board for Extra Life was the surprise released on Friday. -Eldalleth]

9. Did the people you guys challenged for the ALS ice bucket challenge accept it?
    A couple did. When Sapience did it everyone accepted and completed it, except Brasse from SOE. Then Turbine did their Challenge.

Could you update the list? Sapience was a No-Show on Gladden yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Katerica View Post
    Could you update the list? Sapience was a No-Show on Gladden yesterday.
    There was an error in the list. He intended the runs to happen Tuesdays and Thursdays, but somehow got the date for yesterday's runs wrong, so they were scheduled for a Monday not a Tuesday. Those runs happened today. I've updated the list with the correct date.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    There was an error in the list. He intended the runs to happen Tuesdays and Thursdays, but somehow got the date for yesterday's runs wrong, so they were scheduled for a Monday not a Tuesday. Those runs happened today. I've updated the list with the correct date.
    Unfortunately without people being notified, Gladden expected him to be there and the no-show caused some hard feelings. I believe this happened on another server as well. It would have been nice if, upon discovering the error, somebody could've posted on the fb, twitter, or forum post on his behalf that this was an error.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Unfortunately without people being notified, Gladden expected him to be there and the no-show caused some hard feelings. I believe this happened on another server as well. It would have been nice if, upon discovering the error, somebody could've posted on the fb, twitter, or forum post on his behalf that this was an error.
    Unfortunately the error wasn't discovered until after the fact, as far as I know.

So did a Gladden run happen in fact? That would be very disappointing as I was looking forward to the first one. ^^"

Sirannon did an improvised run due to this planning error, this is why it is so long to start. Players here had to find a leader, and a group. People who were trained were here on monday, but couldn't be here on Tuesday.
    Last edited by EdhWong; Aug 27 2014 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EdhWong View Post
    Sirannon did an improvised run due to this planning error, this is whi it is so long to start. Players here had to find a leader, and a group. People who were trained were here on monday, but couldn't be here on Tuesday.
    So there was a Gladden run? :O /sadface

Yes. Gladden managed to take the 10th place. The video is still on Twitch.
    http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/562248225

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

Shield Dwarf Run Q&A- Sirannon 8/26/2014

Shield Dwarf Run Q&A- Sirannon 8/26/2014

Video is available here.

1. Sapience apologizes for the time and date mixup from the schedule showing Monday for both servers. He says he was obviously confused when he posted the dates. He is sorry for everyone that showed up yesterday it was a general screwup on his part. He is very glad to still see a good sized crowd around for the run.
    2. While the group is getting put together chat begins to talk about Sapience 2nd Ice Bucket Challenge.
      He was challenged by Extra Life San Antonio and you can find video of his challenge here
    3. If Lotro is broadcasting later how can he run out of time?
      He can run out of time because he does not currently work for Turbine and LoTRO. He does have a job he takes time away from to do this and as such he does have appointments and time commitments. He does it as a commitment to us since he promised the player base many months ago and he still wants to honor that commitment and complete what was started. It just so happens he schedules the ones during the day to fit in a hole in his schedule. The evening ones are easier as they aren't during the work day and he is on his own time.
    4. Sapience will be at Pax Prime in Seattle from Saturday through Monday, the Extra Life Seattle Guild will have a booth if you want to find him at Pax go find the Extra Life Guild if he is not there someone will know where to find him. On Monday he will be at a panel on trolling at 1pm. [You can find the Pax Prime Schedule here -Eldalleth]
    5. Who made up the rule as to the deed having to be completed?
      Everyone who participated in the trial run on Bullroarer agreed as the original run was way too short at 10 mins. The original consensus was to make people have to go lots of places in Moria and since the Paths of the Fellowship Deed covers 7 places in Moria it seemed like the most fitting to use.
    6. Do you have to do certain quests to enter Moria?
      Yes you do there is an Epic Storyline that starts right at the gates in the area near Echad Dunnan in Eregion by the Hollin Gate. You have to complete about a dozen quests or so not necessarily including the side quests. Takes about 40 mins or so to complete all the main ones to make it into Moria.
    7. What is your favorite creature or monster?
      Overall or just in Moria? Overall Sapience likes Wargriders a lot. Also a big fan of the Trolls in DD (in the north downs) and also the Nameless. They're kinda creepy & gross which makes them cool.
    8. Is there a way to see what has been donated for Extra Life on your page?
      Yes you can see what was donated and by who and any message they left on the participant page. You can do this by clicking on the Donations tab right next to where it says My Story.
    9. Did Turbine give you any information on Beornings before you left?
      What Sapience knew as of the time he left was that you will start at lvl 1, you can use Gift of the Valar to get to 50 if you want, you will get a new introduction storyline but not a new starter area.
    10. Someone in chat mentions the idea of streaming a game of freeze tag.
      Sapience responds that it can be a lot of fun with a large group. You can find the freeze tag field near the hedge maze in Bree Fields.
    11. Sapience shares an announcement from the Twitch chat about the Storyteller's Festival.
      You all are invited to join us for the Storyteller's Festival on Saturday, September 13th at 4:00pm EDT/servertime on Landroval. Compete for the best spooky short story, poem, or ballad (song with lyrics). Win cool prizes. We'll be raising money for Rick's ExtraLife campaign. [ You can find more information about the festival here.
    12. Sapience mentions that the Extra Life current donations have gone down due to the fact there was a 3,000 donation that did not go through. It does count if you get people together as an event to raise money, however it gets there is great.
    13. When will you be in San Antonio?
      He should be there around the time of his marathon on Oct 25 and Florida in November.
    14. Someone in chat mentions they can see water trails on the video.
      Sapience says he got a new video card and can now run DX 11 so he is using all the effects he can.
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Sep 05 2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Added info- Delayed transcribing due to migraine

Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors

SHIELD Dwarf Run Q&A-Gladden

Shield Dwarf Run Q&A - Gladden

Video available here-
    1. Sapience comments that he hopes the run goes smoother than the last run (Sirannon) where he had a death due to the following distance between him and the person he was following getting to great.
      He comments that he may have jinxed it. Just for the record you were never allowed to say," What could possibly go wrong? or I'm sure it will be fine", on a launch day at Turbine.
    2. How many people minimum are needed to start the run?
      At least the one that he can follow, that person has to be able to invite him and say follow me. In the forfeit he had at least two people sitting around neither one wanted to or felt able to lead so after 20 minutes he called it. As long as at least one person is able to lead and invite him that counts.
    3. Discussion in chat about the Department of Holbyt (Hobbit) Security on Landroval which was created for those who tend to hang out in the chat during the Taking the Hobbits to Isengard and SHIELD runs. Aravuli is working on a guild launch site for the Department of Holbyt Security.
      Sapience mentions that Guild Launch is one of the sponsors of the Dragon Slayer Awards. Lord of the Rings Online is up for Most Passionate Fan Base so go vote here.
    4. There is conversation in chat about Winterhome as one of the outfits a player is wearing in the group is t one of the rewards you get for being a Miser.
      Sapience mentions that he remembers that when that area was first introduced many people were very upset and were saying this isn't Christmasy or fair you mistreating the homeless. It was meant to be very Dickensian like a Christmas Carol, bad but with a good ending if you did the right thing.
    5. Sapience comments that he realized he was sitting there playing with his fingertips.
      He is learning to play guitar and such he hasn't been able to feel his fingers in about 32 hours. His wife plays banjo, he's learning fingerings for the guitar with a game called Rocksmith (hope I caught that right-Eldalleth).
    6. Sapience mentions that there is no run on Tuesday the 2nd due to the fact he will be in an airplane flying back from the Pax conference in Seattle. The next run will be on Thursday, September 4th with Laurelin and Elindilmir.
    Last edited by Eldalleth; Aug 29 2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by EdhWong View Post
    Yes. Gladden managed to take the 10th place. The video is still on Twitch.
    http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/562248225
    Aw. This makes me somewhat sad. Woke up at 5AM last Tuesday owing to timezone differences to make it to the run. (Also woke up at 5AM last Sunday, but that was mostly because I miscalculated. XD)
    Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Naurwen View Post
    So did a Gladden run happen in fact? That would be very disappointing as I was looking forward to the first one. ^^"
    It was very impromptu. I spoke of it several times throughout the day in between work. I just happen to go down there about 10 minutes before and found a lone hunter. We paired up and started picking people up and I advertised coordinates throughout and we picked people up along the way.(You should have seen the tells I got from using pvmp+ to advertise to coordinates...Creeps@Twenty first hall....people were bugging out thinking creeps were out of the ettenmoors.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    It was very impromptu. I spoke of it several times throughout the day in between work. I just happen to go down there about 10 minutes before and found a lone hunter. We paired up and started picking people up and I advertised coordinates throughout and we picked people up along the way.(You should have seen the tells I got from using pvmp+ to advertise to coordinates...Creeps@Twenty first hall....people were bugging out thinking creeps were out of the ettenmoors.
    Ugh! :< Dorn I was probably asleep then. The run would be 6AM my time. I did wake up extra early for the previous day. >.> Oh well. Some other time maybe.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast