We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Quest:Chapter 1: The Hill of Cerin Amroth Won't Begin

SO I know completionists will yell at me but after getting sick tired of moria, with my lvl 58 captain, I went to Haldir but he wouldn't give my the quest thread. Am i doing something wrong? Cause it worked with my warden before. HELP!! thanks

There are 30+ Chapter ones in Lotro. Please provide more information - Volume number and Book number to identify exactly which chapter you are referring to. I am not willing to do web searches to find this information that is known to you.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Please provide more information - Volume number and Book number to identify exactly which chapter you are referring to. I am not willing to do web searches to find this information that is known to you.
    Cerin Amroth = Lothlorien. Obviously, the OP is referring to v2b7c1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berderch View Post
    SO I know completionists will yell at me but after getting sick tired of moria, with my lvl 58 captain, I went to Haldir but he wouldn't give my the quest thread. Am i doing something wrong? Cause it worked with my warden before. HELP!! thanks
    So, am I to take the fact that you're worried about 'completionists' yelling at you to be a sign that you haven't completed Book 6? Because, if so, that's why.

You can't simply pick and choose which Book you want to do and when. Unless the Book is the beginning of a new region or expansion, you have to complete the preceding Books first.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    You can't simply pick and choose which Book you want to do and when. Unless the Book is the beginning of a new region or expansion, you have to complete the preceding Books first.
    Volume 2, Book 7 is a clean break and does NOT require book 6 to be completed.

---

Can't see any obvious reason why you can't take it, but I'll link the wiki page for you if that helps shed any light for you:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...f_Cerin_Amroth
    Otherwise known as Balthelion
    Leader of The Rangers of Eriador
    Visit my YouTube channel for Let's Play LOTRO and other content!

Even though the quest seems to not require the competion of VolII Book6, I have never gotten the beginning of Book 7 from Haldir. According to this information, you should be able to pick it up when you talk to Haldir for the beginning of Book 6, but as I recall it, I've only ever been able to pick up the beginning of Book 6 alongside with the beginning of Book 9, never the beginning of Book 7 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Berderch View Post
    I went to Haldir but he wouldn't give my the quest thread. Am i doing something wrong? Cause it worked with my warden before. HELP!! thanks
    I took a peek at this one to double-check, and there is in fact a Reputation requirement on Volume II Book 7. You need to be friendlier with the Elves of Lorien to attain Volume II Book 7; completing Book 6 gives you that level of Reputation automatically, but otherwise you'll need to get it by doing other quests for the Elves.

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    I took a peek at this one to double-check, and there is in fact a Reputation requirement on Volume II Book 7. You need to be friendlier with the Elves of Lorien to attain Volume II Book 7; completing Book 6 gives you that level of Reputation automatically, but otherwise you'll need to get it by doing other quests for the Elves.

MoL
    Ah, that indeed explains things! Thanks for the clarification.

Ahh i see, with my warden i did all the dimril dale quest but i havnt yet with my captain. Thanks!