We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

(Dol Amroth) Dol Amroth Barter Tokens

Here are all of the Dol Amroth Barter Tokens.

So there is something a bit odd with the Dol Amroth Barter Tokens and Reputation thereof.

Neither the Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth nor the Gold Tokens of Dol Amroth go into our bater wallets and they are unbound landscape barter tokens. Is this intended?

For the Library the first 4 quests you do give you tokens that will fill your Dol Amroth - Library Reputation bar fully to Acquaintance which is as high as it can go. From then on any Library quests you do will give you a Dol Amroth - Library Token that has no reputation value on it, does not go into your barter wallet and is unbound.

For all of the other factions Masons, Warehouse, Warfs, Docks, Swan Knights, Great Hall, Bank and Armoury their quests will always give you Dol Amroth - X Tokens that don't go in our barter wallet, are unbound and hold reputation value on them. These are exactly like all the reputation items we've had exist up through Moria and I'm totally fine with that leave these as they are.

So why is it that only the Library has a version of its token that has no reputation associated with it? The initial quest tokens that have rep are designed exclusively to get our rep maxed for the Library ok then why do the new Library tokens not go into our barter wallets?

Why is it that neither the Gold nor Silver Tokens go into our barter wallets and are unbound? If you want it to be so that our alts can share them why not make these tokens Bound to Account and go into our barter wallets just like Marks, Medallions, Shards, Seals, Medallions of Moria, etc ? Instead we have 2 more tokens eating up inventory space that is already scarese for many. We already have to store essences that eat up inventory space but now landscape barter tokens again? Isn't they why people bought the expanded barter wallet in the first place?

Also why is it that the Swan Knight, Masons and Docks tokens give 250 rep while the Bank, Warehouse, Armoury and Great Hall all give 500 rep?

Update 1:
    Build 3 changed the icons for the faction tokens but nothing else has changed. Silver/Gold tokens are still unbound and in our inventories.
    Last edited by PKCrichton; Jun 27 2014 at 02:56 PM.

Another point, the library tokens with rep are flagged as "Cannot be destroyed", which isn't really nice if you use them with rep accelerator on, as that leaves you with 2 spare ones you can't get rid off (although I think they do count for bartering things, Ill need to get some more library tokens to test that).
    I'd be nice if these items specifically don't use rep bonus, so you always use them all 4.

EDIT: It seems it was a left-over from B1, and work correctly in B2.
    Last edited by Vulcwen; Jun 22 2014 at 08:35 AM.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    I'd be nice if these items specifically don't use rep bonus, so you always use them all 4.
    What would be nice, is if we didn't have this crazily convoluted rep system with a bunch of needlessly divergent factions within a faction.

After collecting hundreds of these tokens I see no problem with them being not bound (= can be traded between players or destructed). At the very least this will allow us to throw away tokens we don't need, and there will be a lot of silver tokens we all don't need. Apart from the Golden Tokens, all other 9 types are acquired from the same source - reward boxes for dailies. It is all random and without a possibility to trade this randomness would soon become extremely annoying if you want/need to collect a specific type of tokens.

There are 8 Districts and you have to reach max reputation (10000 rep, acquaintance level only) with each of them if you want to:
    • Unlock all gear barter options
    • Unlock quests for this District in the "Training Exercise" instance from Beriaudur

As it stands now, there are 3 degrees of "difficulty":
    • Reputation is granted automatically: Library. It is like making the first upgrade in the Mead Hall of Hytbold, just a demonstration of how the tokens should be used. When you go into the "Training Exercise" instance on the first day, Library will be the only district you can assist.
    • Reputation tokens have 500 reputation each: Great Hall, Armoury, Warehouse, Bank. These districts are relatively easy to unlock as they require only 20 tokens (10 if you use reputation acceleration) for maxed reputation. If you use the double reputation bonus and do all 4 quests for one district on the day 1 you can be lucky enough to unlock one of these districts on the first day. Though from my experience it is quite unlikely (see the examples below).
    • Reputation tokens have 250 reputation each: Docks, Mason, Swan-Knight. These districts are noticeably harder to unlock as they require 40 tokens (20 if you use reputation acceleration) for maxed reputation. Of these 3 districts only Docks are available from the start while the other two will be unlocked for a server much later.

I like that the reputation tokens are not equal. It adds at least some variety and it does not feel much of a grind as compared to getting enough tokens for Essences or unlocking the last two Districts. I also see no problem with Library tokens being unique and not related to reputation - very soon (a week on average) after U14 release most of the lvl-capped characters will have maxed reputation with all possible Districts and the "reputation" part of the tokens will be just a useless text.

Methods of acquisition:

• Gold Tokens of Dol Amroth only available from the Beriaudur's daily instance. You can get maximum 3 per day (unless you reset the instance with mithril coins) with a chance of getting less if you keep assisting the same District every day. All but one quest per District are reset twice per week.
    • Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth come from reward boxes with a very high probability. You can get 4 or 8 tokens from any reward box for any of the 8 districts.
    • Dol Amroth - Library, Docks, Great Hall, Armoury, Warehouse, Bank Tokens come from reward boxes for any of these 6 Districts. You can get 1-2 token from a not-same-name District box and 3 or 6 tokens from the exact-same-name District box.
    • Dol Amroth - Swan-Knight and Mason Tokens come from reward boxes for that exact District only. You can get 3 or 6 tokens from the corresponding District box. You can not access these Districts until your server hands in enough Silver Tokens (8000 and 12000 quest turn ins, 200000 Silver Tokens per server in total).

(Additionally there are reward boxes for handing in 10 tokens towards server unlocking Swan-Knight and Mason districts. These give randomly 1-2 token for any of the initial 6 Districts. However, these questgiver are gone once the server goal is reached so you can't see them now on Bullroarer.)

A couple of examples to illustrate it:

from a Library Reward Box you can get one of the following:
    • 3 or 6 Library Tokens
    • 4 or 8 Silver Tokens
    • 1 or 2 Docks Tokens
    • 1 or 2 Great Hall Tokens
    • 1 or 2 Armoury Tokens
    • 1 or 2 Warehouse Tokens
    • 1 or 2 Bank Tokens

from a Mason Reward Box you can get one of the following:
    • 3 or 6 Mason Tokens
    • 4 or 8 Silver Tokens

About RNG factor:

It happened to me more than twice already that from opening 6 Mason (or Swan-Knight) Reward Boxes I would get over 30 Silver Tokens and only 3 Mason (Swan-Knight) Tokens. This is extremely frustrating when you remember that you need minimum 20 of those to get maxed reputation with the corresponding District (using reputation acceleration). And remember that the quests do not reset daily but only twice per week.

I was doing all the biweekly quests on my now 4 characters and resetting the daily instance to collect enough District tokens (several dozens of each) and check the composition of the Gem Boxes (see it here: Dol Amroth - Gem Boxes). As a side result I got literally hundreds of Gold and Silver tokens (over 900 Silver ones) which I have no way to spend - there are no consumables to trade for, only gear. Until the daily limit for a server is reached, one can use the Silver tokens for advancing one's server's count. But after that the supply of Silver Tokens increases even more and they start simply annoying the player. On the other hand, the District tokens are always "not enough" when you want a specific essence from a specific Gem Box.

Some clarification on Library reputation:

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    Another point, the library tokens with rep are flagged as "Cannot be destroyed", which isn't really nice if you use them with rep accelerator on, as that leaves you with 2 spare ones you can't get rid off (although I think they do count for bartering things, Ill need to get some more library tokens to test that).
    In B2 these 4 items do not use reputation bonus. I just leveled yet another alt for collecting more tokens, I had over 25k extra enhanced reputation bonus and the four bound Library reputation tokens did not consume any of it. All 4 tokens could be used leaving nothing in my bags. I was very pleased In B1 I did have 2 tokens left which I had to destroy, as I also saw people throwing away those 4 tokens by mistake and thus being locked out from further questing. I feel that now these tokens work perfectly well.

Personal opinion:

Overall I like how the tokens are implemented, even though they will eat up a lot of inventory space during the time of Dol Amroth's popularity. My only concerns at this moment:
    • Very high server goal for unlocking the last two districts. It may discourage players of smaller servers. As my server is one of the smallest (based on participation in the Bounder Bounty event), I don't even expect to see those districts ever unlocked.
    • Not enough options for spending Gold and Silver tokens. Maybe add more Gem Boxes for 5 Gold or 10 Silver tokens each? Or add a possibility to convert these tokens into District Tokens / regular tokens from questing? Or give us more recipes for essences or some essence-related consumables (needed for crafting or extracting essences)?
    • Too high percentage of Silver tokens in the Mason and Swan-Knight boxes, i.e. when the Silver tokens are not needed anymore.
    Last edited by Lunasa; Jun 22 2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: personal opinion, spelling
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtara - Beorning | Ishtari - Rune Keeper | Ishtarel - Hunter
    Lunasa - Minstrel | Cabernetta - Guardian | Ishtaridas - Lore Master | + many more
    Eldar -> Evernight

Thanks for the detailed information Lunasa. I totally see why the rep values are less on the Mason and Swan Knight. I hadn't realized those were locked factions.

After reading through your post I really feel that the Silver and Gold tokens should be thrown into our Barter Wallets as Landscape Barter Tokens. The silver especially as you point out we are going to get a ton of in the end without much to spend them on.

I don't see a problem with leaving the other 8 tokens tradable. It is sad though that in obtaining them we are at the mercy of the RNG again instead of just set reward ammounts.

It feels like we need either a potions and LI npc that lets us barter silver tokens for level 100 potions, LI titles, IXP runes, Delving and Empowerment scrolls and even barter up from Silver to Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    After reading through your post I really feel that the Silver and Gold tokens should be thrown into our Barter Wallets as Landscape Barter Tokens. The silver especially as you point out we are going to get a ton of in the end without much to spend them on.

I don't see a problem with leaving the other 8 tokens tradable. It is sad though that in obtaining them we are at the mercy of the RNG again instead of just set reward ammounts.
    I agree with that. Gold and Silver tokens may go to the wallet, I don't expect them to be traded much. And they are more "predictable": you know for sure how many Gold tokens you earn and you always have too many Silver tokens (unless they introduce more barterers, which I also hope for). Those are only the District tokens which will be traded a lot between players.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Lunasa - Minstrel | Cabernetta - Guardian | Ishtaridas - Lore Master | + many more
    Eldar -> Evernight

Build 3 changed the icons for the faction tokens but nothing else has changed. Silver/Gold tokens are still unbound and in our inventories.

I am not sure if this has been pointed out before (or if this is suitable thread for that) but I reached lvl 100 only on round 3 (RL issues and time-zone problems), and noticed this:

Two factions (bank and warehouse) have no solo quests at all. There are four 6-man quests for Bank district and only one 3-man quest for warehouse district. I guess this might be too late, but I would prefer that devs would change things so that every faction has at least 1-2 solo quests. For example, they could add a solo quest or two for warehouse district, and convert two of those four 6-man quests of bank district to solo versions. Then, some other faction with 4 (or more) solo quests could be changed so that two solo quests could become group quests.

I am not sure if I have missed something, but to me it feels a bit odd that two factions have ONLY group quests, and others have ONLY solo quests. Why not mix-and-match?

EDIT: I agree with all three points of what Lunasa said.

I don't really like the behaviour of the barter tokens not going in the wallet. The gold, silver and library tokens could certainly go into the barter wallet. But the others will be a bigger problem.
    If it is possible, I would suggest those reputation tokens to be bound on use. When used, they would first serve as a normal reputation token (as they do now). Once reputation is full, it would convert to a bound token which goes into the barter wallet. For bartering, this second type of token has to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    Two factions (bank and warehouse) have no solo quests at all. There are four 6-man quests for Bank district and only one 3-man quest for warehouse district. I guess this might be too late, but I would prefer that devs would change things so that every faction has at least 1-2 solo quests. For example, they could add a solo quest or two for warehouse district, and convert two of those four 6-man quests of bank district to solo versions. Then, some other faction with 4 (or more) solo quests could be changed so that two solo quests could become group quests.

I am not sure if I have missed something, but to me it feels a bit odd that two factions have ONLY group quests, and others have ONLY solo quests. Why not mix-and-match?
    There is a possibility of getting rep and barter tokens from different faction from those boxes, so you can still get them solo.
    Dobric 100 guardian Dobs 101 burglar Dorblin 64 runekeeper Dobli 37 minstrel Dimbli 20 champion Dobriel 20 loremaster Dabeldor 23 captain Dobegar 21 hunter Dobebrand 21 warden Dobeorn 23 beorning | Moved from Snowbourn and Gilrain to Laurelin

I am not sure if this has been pointed out before (or if this is suitable thread for that) but I reached lvl 100 only on round 3 (RL issues and time-zone problems), and noticed this:

EDIT: I agree with all three points of what Lunasa said.
    If the only way to get Bank and Warehouse faction reputation items was by doing their quests I would totally agree with you but as it stands there is a chance to get Bank/Warehouse rep items from any of the Library, Docks, Armoury or Great Hall Boxes.

I do agree that it is a little strange that Warehouse is purely 3 man and Bank is purely 6 man quests.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbelB_EU View Post
    I don't really like the behaviour of the barter tokens not going in the wallet. The gold, silver and library tokens could certainly go into the barter wallet. But the others will be a bigger problem.
    If it is possible, I would suggest those reputation tokens to be bound on use. When used, they would first serve as a normal reputation token (as they do now). Once reputation is full, it would convert to a bound token which goes into the barter wallet. For bartering, this second type of token has to be used.
    After doing a lot of playing around with this issue both in game and in my head the only DA tokens that should be in our barter wallets are Gold/Silver and Library and they should be accont bound. All the other tokens should be free trade or account bound. The reason for this is DA is a solid month grind to get your character geared out and more to get pets, housing items, empowerment/delving scrolls, lis etc.... If we can speed this up with one character by sharing it from our alts I'm all for it!
    Last edited by PKCrichton; Jun 30 2014 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbelB_EU View Post
    There is a possibility of getting rep and barter tokens from different faction from those boxes, so you can still get them solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by PKChrichton
    If the only way to get Bank and Warehouse faction reputation items was by doing their quests I would totally agree with you but as it stands there is a chance to get Bank/Warehouse rep items from any of the Library, Docks, Armoury or Great Hall Boxes.

I do agree that it is a little strange that Warehouse is purely 3 man and Bank is purely 6 man quests.
    Yes, I know there is a chance (and that is a good thing) but I think the chance is fairly small (haven't done enough testing on this to be sure). When I open a box, I either get silver tokens (~50% chance) or "box faction" tokens (~45% chance). To me it seems that the possibility of getting different faction tokens from a box is somewhere around 5% (again, that's more like a feeling than accurate number), and of course there's even smaller chance that the token you get just happens to be bank or warehouse token.

So, if this goes live as it is, it's not totally unacceptable as you CAN get bank/warehouse tokens solo (if you are lucky) but I would like to see a solo quest or two added for both districts.

There are four 6-man quests for Bank district and only one 3-man quest for warehouse district.
    A small correction which leads to my other concern:

Warehouse has 4 quests like all other districts. In the city you see only one of them and this quest allows you to take a boat to the island where 3 more quests will pop up... if you did not do too many dailies today already. When you had completed 5 quests for other districts this day, or even just took them and keep in your log, you will not see any pop up 3man quests. For the first 2 days I did not even know that those extra quests exist because I would always keep the harder 3man quest for the evening when more people are online to group.
    My concern here is: no where in the first quest it is mentioned that you will get 3 more quests when you enter the 3man mini-instance. It is too easy to get locked out from those quests.

Other than that, I agree that having only group quests for these factions seems odd. But:

Positive side: it is still possible (and will not take too long) to get enough tokens for these districts: in B1 the NPC for Bank district did not even exist (and I only did one Warehouse quest not knowing of others) and I still could max reputation with Bank and Warehouse almost as fast as with other districts. The random distribution of tokens in the reward boxes is really really random. As soon as you do that, you have more solo quests for these districts inside the daily "Training Exercise" instance so it will be easy to help your alts.
    Negative side: If you want class armour sets you have to complete deeds for some districts before you can barter for the piece you like. Those deeds include the 3man quests for Warehouse and the 6man for the Bank. There are in total 6 gear pieces per class and 8 districts, so some of the districts are less important here (gating the barter option for a 2nd age LI and something else)... but I don't remember which Deed unlocks what.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    A small correction which leads to my other concern:

Warehouse has 4 quests like all other districts. In the city you see only one of them and this quest allows you to take a boat to the island where 3 more quests will pop up... if you did not do too many dailies today already. When you had completed 5 quests for other districts this day, or even just took them and keep in your log, you will not see any pop up 3man quests. For the first 2 days I did not even know that those extra quests exist because I would always keep the harder 3man quest for the evening when more people are online to group.
    My concern here is: no where in the first quest it is mentioned that you will get 3 more quests when you enter the 3man mini-instance. It is too easy to get locked out from those quests.
    Oh, that's odd, but explains why there is only one quest available in the city. In my opinion it would be better just to offer those three other quests by that NPC in Dol Amroth as well, so then that NPC would have four 3-man quests. Maybe that was the intention but somehow those three quests slipped to be as pop-up quests in the instance?

Other than that, I agree that having only group quests for these factions seems odd. But:

Positive side: it is still possible (and will not take too long) to get enough tokens for these districts: in B1 the NPC for Bank district did not even exist (and I only did one Warehouse quest not knowing of others) and I still could max reputation with Bank and Warehouse almost as fast as with other districts. The random distribution of tokens in the reward boxes is really really random. As soon as you do that, you have more solo quests for these districts inside the daily "Training Exercise" instance so it will be easy to help your alts.
    Negative side: If you want class armour sets you have to complete deeds for some districts before you can barter for the piece you like. Those deeds include the 3man quests for Warehouse and the 6man for the Bank. There are in total 6 gear pieces per class and 8 districts, so some of the districts are less important here (gating the barter option for a 2nd age LI and something else)... but I don't remember which Deed unlocks what.
    Good to know that once we get our reputation up with bank and warehouse (using lucky token drops), we can get those a bit easier by choosing bank/warehouse quests in Training Exercise instance.

I found it a bit odd that you don't need "district tokens" for socketed armour pieces, but only for class armour pieces. In the end, it's a choice between set bonus piece and build-your-own-stats -piece. I remember that bank+warehouse tokens were needed for helm and shoulders. Also, as set bonuses become available at 2 pieces and 4 pieces, one can get full set bonus for example by choosing class armour for chest+legs+boots+gloves and socketed armour for helm and shoulders.

I believe 2nd age LI was available with gold/silver tokens as well, and you get one 2nd age symbol from the Epic.

... and you always have too many Silver tokens (unless they introduce more barterers, which I also hope for).
    Just wanted to mention: I you're collecting housing items, you'll need lots of Silver tokens.
    If you do that, the amount of Silver tokens is just about right.
    (In the end, I've had more than 100 Gold Tokens to spare, though ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Onno View Post
    Just wanted to mention: I you're collecting housing items, you'll need lots of Silver tokens.
    If you do that, the amount of Silver tokens is just about right.
    (In the end, I've had more than 100 Gold Tokens to spare, though ^^)
    Oh, I love housing items too Spent over 400 Hytbold tokens on those in the past and planning to barter some in Dol Amroth. In B2 I thought that Gold tokens were required for furniture, but from your post in another topic I see that Gold Tokens were not needed in B3. This is really nice to know, thanks
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Eldar -> Evernight

Oh, I love housing items too
    Nice to know that I'm not the only one
    I hope PKChrichton finds the time to post pictures, so you'll know what you're bartering for.
    (Unfortunately, the Gondorian housing items are kind of difficult to get, because the required rep- and barter-items are RNG-based.)