We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Blackberry Honey Crit Rate is too low

Can we tweak the drop rate on this? It is far too rare/low.

I have been making Mathom Society rep items with my cook, and the 700 point rep item Honey-Roasted Chicken requires Blackberry Honey as an ingredient. As far as I know, this only drops from farming crits of Blackberries, which I have done. I farmed about 500 blackberries and came out with TWO blackberry honey. On the other hand, I have stacks and stacks of Torn Scholar's Journals which is a 700 rep item recipe requirement for Elves of Rivendell. Same with crafting rep items with other professions.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caernach View Post
    Can we tweak the drop rate on this? It is far too rare/low.

I have been making Mathom Society rep items with my cook, and the 700 point rep item Honey-Roasted Chicken requires Blackberry Honey as an ingredient. As far as I know, this only drops from farming crits of Blackberries, which I have done. I farmed about 500 blackberries and came out with TWO blackberry honey. On the other hand, I have stacks and stacks of Torn Scholar's Journals which is a 700 rep item recipe requirement for Elves of Rivendell. Same with crafting rep items with other professions.

Thanks.
    Just planted 20 farms and I got 2 Blackberry Honnies and 2 Juicy Blackberries. On my other toons I seem to come up with a higher crit rate it seems. Farming drop rates could stand to be a bit higher imo.

But, Mathoms drop in just about every region... Quest rewards in Shire and Shire 2.0 (ie. Oatbarton), mob drops in Barrow-downs, North downs, Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, Angmar, Forochel, etc.

I don't see a reason to make this rep any easier to get than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    But, Mathoms drop in just about every region... Quest rewards in Shire and Shire 2.0 (ie. Oatbarton), mob drops in Barrow-downs, North downs, Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, Angmar, Forochel, etc.

I don't see a reason to make this rep any easier to get than it already is.
    Mathoms are a whopping 30 rep points each. Since you need a total of 85,000 to get kindred, that would require 2833 mathoms for ONE character. Well-kept mathoms do not drop that much. Also, my point is that this crafted rep item ingredient is much, much harder to come by than the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Caernach View Post
    Well-kept mathoms do not drop that much.
    I don't know what you did to anger the RNG gods, but Well-kept Mathoms drop more commonly for me than their not so well-kept counterparts.
    Also, my point is that this crafted rep item ingredient is much, much harder to come by than the other ones.
    You do realize you're complaining about the Farming/Cooking... Right? You know, the two vocations that requires Zero (0!) play skill to accomplish.

Just Cook up your 1,700 of the 50 Rep items if you think the drop rate on the item for the 700 rep item recipe it too low.
    I mean, it's not like we're talking about a vocation that requires you to actually go out and play the game.