We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Gondor Crafting

Angry Gondor Crafting

So no new crafting recipes, tiers, etc in Gondor? I have rode to every new village and city, checked all the barters and seen nothing.; only level 100 Legendary Items...... What gives, Turbine?

agreed, the most disappointing thing of the whole update for me. I hope im just missing something but it seems crafting is stuck at lv 95?

Quote Originally Posted by kenok View Post
    agreed, the most disappointing thing of the whole update for me. I hope im just missing something but it seems crafting is stuck at lv 95?
    unfortunately the only new crafting recipes are for Li's and for the new essences which are rep gated with Dol Amroth.
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by greatmom View Post
    unfortunately the only new crafting recipes are for Li's and for the new essences which are rep gated with Dol Amroth.
    And we still have red emeralds and Vol 5 compendiums which say "IV" on the front.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Considering the best armour comes from Dol Amroth(Class set/Essence), there would have been no need for Armourer/Tailor recipes. The best jewelry comes from Helm's deep, so no need for jewelers. There was no need for new weapons since you get an SA from the epics. The 95 scrolls were fine, so scholars didn't need new recipes. The foods were fine, no need for cooks to get new food...

...Do you see where the list goes? It was only 5 levels. If it was 10 levels and the crafted gear REALLY made a HUGE difference(Such as the Wildermore set vs Helm's Deep set) I would understand.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

i still can't find the new morale and power potions for scholar on rep barter guy i found was in dol Armoth and they did not have them for barter

or did they only add guild version of the new potion recipes

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Considering the best armour comes from Dol Amroth(Class set/Essence), there would have been no need for Armourer/Tailor recipes. The best jewelry comes from Helm's deep, so no need for jewelers. There was no need for new weapons since you get an SA from the epics. The 95 scrolls were fine, so scholars didn't need new recipes. The foods were fine, no need for cooks to get new food...

...Do you see where the list goes? It was only 5 levels. If it was 10 levels and the crafted gear REALLY made a HUGE difference(Such as the Wildermore set vs Helm's Deep set) I would understand.
    The best armor is from dol amroth? really now, cause the set bonuses are severely lacking an the essence sets are weak in comparison to the 95 crafted. If you have 95 gold gear it tramples everything. Also, no need for new weapons? Really now... What about burglars, champions and hunter off-hand weapons? How about level 100 shields? Let's talk pocket items, and cloaks.

The list is endless, this content was rushed and the craftsmen got the shaft.

The new gear does not solve the issue that crafters did not receive any attention this update. Also, the new gear is not even that good. Even the set bonuses fall short compared to the gold 95 stuff. The only reason to do any of the new stuff is for deed completion.

Quote Originally Posted by xinofie View Post
    The new gear does not solve the issue that crafters did not receive any attention this update.
    I was actually wondering if this had been done intentionally due to the fact that there is no level cap increase with U15 later this year. This would mean that right now, people are focusing on LIs and the beginnings of Slotted Gear, but perhaps U15 will see a more involved crafting component for Slotted Gear/Essences?

It would be nice to see the Essence recipes not be single use, but have a cooldown (3 days). I'm thinking this would be nice to implement when they are not so new and shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Decaran View Post
    I was actually wondering if this had been done intentionally due to the fact that there is no level cap increase with U15 later this year. This would mean that right now, people are focusing on LIs and the beginnings of Slotted Gear, but perhaps U15 will see a more involved crafting component for Slotted Gear/Essences?

It would be nice to see the Essence recipes not be single use, but have a cooldown (3 days). I'm thinking this would be nice to implement when they are not so new and shiny.
    I thought U15 would bring us to level 105, I must have misread something. but i agree that the essence recipes should have a cooldown instead of 1-shot use. For a full 6 piece armor set we are talking 24 essences and you know down the line will be a cloak, pocket item, 7 pieces of jewellery as I can't see turbine just upgrading Big Battle pieces every 5 levels. sooner or later they will be going the essence route,all requiring 4 essences each for a potential total of 60 essences. No way I am grinding the tokens needed for 60 essences as some are 50 each, some are 75 each and just to use a recipe once? not too mention 60 universal solvents(rare drop or 40 TP each) and needing a major essence for each recipe.I don't see turbine stopping the essence system with just the armor but i do see me stopping the grind that is being setup. People complained there was nothing to do, sometimes you need to be careful what you ask for

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    I thought U15 would bring us to level 105, I must have misread something. but i agree that the essence recipes should have a cooldown instead of 1-shot use. For a full 6 piece armor set we are talking 24 essences and you know down the line will be a cloak, pocket item, 7 pieces of jewellery as I can't see turbine just upgrading Big Battle pieces every 5 levels. sooner or later they will be going the essence route,all requiring 4 essences each for a potential total of 60 essences. No way I am grinding the tokens needed for 60 essences as some are 50 each, some are 75 each and just to use a recipe once? not too mention 60 universal solvents(rare drop or 40 TP each) and needing a major essence for each recipe.I don't see turbine stopping the essence system with just the armor but i do see me stopping the grind that is being setup. People complained there was nothing to do, sometimes you need to be careful what you ask for
    U15 will not raise the level cap to 105, according to the latest Producer letter. So they will probably have the time and resources to overhaul tier 9, rename it to something that is not Rohirim specific, give us new icons, new recipes for everything, etc.

The problem now is that we don't have options regarding our equipment; as you pointed out it's Epic battles for jewelry and Dol Amroth dailies for armor and essences, which frankly is not my cup of tea. I will just do some instances to get new teal items from them and then wait for October
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Give us crafted lvl100 gear that have meaning. I didnt level my crafters up just for relics and pots:P Crafted gear is one thin keeping me stil lfiddling with my toons, one of few things stil left to do. Ofc Ost dunnoth runs are nice.

Class gear.. did you looked the requirements to get it? you need to do like all deeds is town to get it.. eeh.

Angry Give us a new craft tier!!!!

The lvl 95 food recipes are useless NOW! At least get better food for crafters to cook up? The removal of FEAR, WOUND, ETC is out of date with having values of 100 instead of 105. Since you implemented 105 healing draughts, it would be better to have the food that does the same thing! Also with Gondor being a new map you should have done the new tier right off the bat like what you did with the beginning part of Rohan. It's frustrating to have 4 lvl caps and having to spend most of my play time doing stupid dailies. If players want to craft their gear, they should have that option, not be forced in grinding their way into a new suit of armour! Me personally I have shelved my lvl caps and are lvling other toons. I know some people like doing the dailies to get the gear that is offered for the coin that is given in DA or jewlery in HD, but there are people that still want to craft what they wear! I think that the whole socketed armour thing is a waste of time and hard earned gold to buy in the AH It's a waste of time if you have a family of lvl capped toons!

I'm fine with them making guild crafted gear, just make them for landscape, where the stats aren't the same as raid quality stats, give it a lower item level and stat rating than the raid sets.

By the way, the Dol Amroth armor, only some classes find it useless, they are very useful for several classes.

Champ, +15% AoE damage, um, yes please.
    Hunter, +25% burn hot crit multiplier, +10% bow crit multiplier (combined with big battle set for +20% crit rating proc, and you got one helluvah set bonus) um, yes please.
    Mini, +5% healing crit chance, yes please
    RK, +10% chance to spark thundrous words and harsh debate. (that means 30% chance to proc, gives +25% crit multiplier, +25% damage, etc. ) um, yes please.
    Burglar: set, meh
    Captains, fellowship wide tact mit proc, great for OD t2c and several other places, um, yes please.
    Guardian -15 second pledge, awesome bonus for FLM t2c tanking. um, yes please.
    Lore-master: +3% waterlore inc heal, really great for keeping inc healing buffs high on tanks for BfE t2c. Um, yes please.

Are all these bonuses useful to solo players, dps guards, healing/Fire RKs? No, not at all; but for many play styles, they are wonderful.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

By the way, this was not the first lotro region released with little to no crafting in it.

Think, Forochel (a post release lvl 50 zone), only had crafted sets specific to the region, not even lvl 50 sets.
    Enedwaith (a post Mirkwood end-game zone).

My gut tells me that there's almost no crafting atm for 100 because turbine couldn't get the next tier of crafting ready in time. I feel like they will create a new crafting tear in Update 15 and revert Westemnet tier back down to 95.
    I expect Pelargir to contain a lot of crafting.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    I'm fine with them making guild crafted gear, just make them for landscape, where the stats aren't the same as raid quality stats, give it a lower item level and stat rating than the raid sets.

By the way, the Dol Amroth armor, only some classes find it useless, they are very useful for several classes.

Champ, +15% AoE damage, um, yes please.
    Hunter, +25% burn hot crit multiplier, +10% bow crit multiplier (combined with big battle set for +20% crit rating proc, and you got one helluvah set bonus) um, yes please.
    Mini, +5% healing crit chance, yes please
    RK, +10% chance to spark thundrous words and harsh debate. (that means 30% chance to proc, gives +25% crit multiplier, +25% damage, etc. ) um, yes please.
    Burglar: set, meh
    Captains, fellowship wide tact mit proc, great for OD t2c and several other places, um, yes please.
    Guardian -15 second pledge, awesome bonus for FLM t2c tanking. um, yes please.
    Lore-master: +3% waterlore inc heal, really great for keeping inc healing buffs high on tanks for BfE t2c. Um, yes please.

Are all these bonuses useful to solo players, dps guards, healing/Fire RKs? No, not at all; but for many play styles, they are wonderful.
    The captain mit proc is way too low IMO. I haven't decided if he'll grab some or not as the essence gear gives a lot more build flexibility.
    RK stuff is meh. No dps RK in raids runs lightning. Always flame. And there's nothing for the healer RK like mine is.
    Hunter is all bowmaster. Nothing for the huntsman.
    Warden is dps gear. Seriously Turbine? Dps? Warden? They are tanks.

Prolly will get a pair of the Guard and Lore-master stuff. My mini doesn't really heal (I don't need two healers) so she's prolly not even getting geared. Same with burg and likely hunter as well. Too costly in time and effort and tokens to gear 9 toons.

Which is why having reasonably raid-capable crafted jewelry which was not as good as the BB stuff but still available was such a huge benefit to altoholics. Same for armor for that matter. Now I have/get to run gob's of duo BBs and hope I get my jewelry. Sigh.
    100 Warden / RK / LM / Captain / Guardian / Hunter / Burg / Champ / Minstrel
    Brandywine