We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't login - "No subscription for LOTRO found"

I signed up and have an account as evidenced by my posting here. When i try to log into the game, however, it says "No subscription for LOTRO found." How can this be fixed?

Your account needs to have a subscription for LOTRO. From the account point of view, a subscription is a type of sub-account that you use to play the game with. The account can have many (over a couple dozen at least) subscriptions for the various games Turbine has. For example, the account can have 3 LOTRO subscriptions, 5 DDO subscriptions, and 2 AC2 subscriptions. Each account/subscription allows you to be logged into that game at the same time. If you have an account with a single DDO subscription on it, you would not be able to play LOTRO because there are no LOTRO subscriptions associated with the account (can't play LOTRO with a DDO subscription since they are two different things). That is what the error message is telling you. When you log into the LOTRO client, the login server cannot find a LOTRO subscription associated with the account for you to play on.

If you have an existing account that was created for DDO (for example) then you need to contact Account Management and request a key to add a LOTRO subscription to your existing account.

If you created the account for LOTRO and not DDO, then contact Account Management, as would have to look into why it isn't working.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Thank you for taking the time to reply and your insights, Penter-Kar. It is greatly appreciated. I will check with Account Management on this.

Well I have two lotr account as ne account in general both have played this game before over the years since it's release. Now I'm getting the no subscription error which I shouldn't ever get for a game I'm returning to. Care to explain how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by azurie View Post
    Well I have two lotr account as ne account in general both have played this game before over the years since it's release. Now I'm getting the no subscription error which I shouldn't ever get for a game I'm returning to. Care to explain how to fix this?
    You need to make sure you are logging in with the correct user name and password for an account that you previously played Lotro with using Turbine's service. You are getting this error you are using a Turbine account that does not have a Lotro account (Turbine calls game accounts subscriptions) attached to it.

If you do not know the correct account name and password you can contact Turbine Account Management. The nice human can search the database for accounts that match your ownership information like real name, address ...

One other possibility is for customers that played on the European service when it was operated by Codemasters. These customers had to manually transfer their Codemasters accounts to the Turbine service during the migration period. If you did not migrate then your account was deleted by Codemasters per European privacy regulations. I believe the deletion occurred around December 2011. You had something like end of May 2011 until October, 2011 to transfer your account.

Note: You are using what appears to be a brand new empty Turbine account that was created in August, 2014. That is creation date in your forum post.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

i've logged into both accounts and the subscription management page is blank no options what so ever on it. when I first started playing lotr was during open beta into release and lost interest in the game due to real life issues so it's been a couple years since I've even logged into either game account be it here or ddo and both required me to make a new display name for both games. i'm posting pics of both account both here and at turbine's account management page:

next

next

and last

note the dates of account creation for the last two images i THINK i've had my accounts more than long enough and i used to play lotro like i mentioned earlier
    Last edited by azurie; Aug 09 2014 at 12:12 AM.

i've logged into both accounts and the subscription management page is blank no options what so ever on it. when I first started playing lotr was during open beta into release and lost interest in the game due to real life issues so it's been a couple years since I've even logged into either game account be it here or ddo and both required me to make a new display name for both games. i'm posting pics of both account both here and at turbine's account management page:

[images deleted as they showed usernames]

note the dates of account creation for the last two images i THINK i've had my accounts more than long enough and i used to play lotro like i mentioned earlier
    The two accounts you show have a single DDO subscription associated with them (both Premium). Neither has a LOTRO subscription associated with them. If you played LOTRO in the past, it was not with either of those two accounts. You must have had another account for playing LOTRO.

Just having a Turbine account does not allow you to play LOTRO (or DDO or AC2). The account must have a subscription for the game you want to play. LOTRO requires a LOTRO subscription, DDO requires a DDO subscription, and so on. As Yula said, you can contact Account Management and they can find any account you may have had. Or they can send you a special product key to add a LOTRO subscription to one of your existing Turbine accounts. They may even be able to just add it for you if you call. But unless the account has a LOTRO subscription associated with it, you will not be able to play LOTRO.
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me

I've only ever had these two accounts and i did play back during open beta for lotro that was quite a bit ago. I only had 1 character at the time and as for what subscriptions it's never changed regardless what i did and also did you notice that the subscription for THIS site the LOTRO site would NOT let me add a subscription to it? Now care to explain that little bit to me? If you can explain that to me in a simple way that makes sense which at this point in time i don't see it as being possible hence why i showed the screen shots of both accounts as they appear here and the lack of options avalible to me.

In order to add a LOTRO subscription to an existing Turbine account, you either have to get a product key from a retail box, such as the original Shadows of Angmar or the first expansion Mines of Moria retail box. Or you have to open a ticket requesting a key for an existing account, in which case they would email you (usually in 1-2 business days) a special key that can be added to an existing account.

If you played during the original open beta, prior to launch, at that time Turbine stated that in order to continue you had to subscribe (buy a retail box and add the product key from it). Any accounts that did not subscribe within a certain time period would be locked (I believe they said deleted, but Turbine permanently locks accounts instead of deleting them). If you did not subscribe and play after the open beta ended (i.e. after launch) it's quite possible that the account (or LOTRO subscription) you played LOTRO on was locked. If it was, you wouldn't be able to access it or see it. Several years later, just before F2P started, Turbine changed their minds and made those accounts available again. It's quite possible that yours was locked, and you would need to talk to Account Management to get it unlocked.

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Now care to explain that little bit to me?
    I'm curious to know why you think that you can talk to a player that's trying to help you in this aggressive manner?

And props, Penter-Kar, for responding in such a calm and reasonable manner.

I didn't think he/she was replying in an aggressive manner. I am also very frustrated and it took me a minute to realize DDO was dungeons & dragons online since I only played that game for a very very short time. I have this problem every time I come back to LOTRO. I was originally subscription 2010 for quite some time. Then back again for a while in 2013 with very very tough time getting back into the game and did eventually contact support via phone calls. The very frustrating part is I do this usually on a weekend that is (decide to come back) and that is when no support via phone calls is available. Why in the world they make you jump through hoops to come back is beyond me. You can't just download the game and play, no way. And totally for those of us who try to come back this is totally frustration talking and not against anyone who is trying to help which is appreciated. For me one of the biggest frustrations is going to the account page and being able to do nothing but change password or notifications. There is no link that says 'hey you must also do something else to make the game play for you if you are trying to do free to play'. Nothing jumps out at you to help you. So therefore it is making it seem like they don't support the free to play players that much whatsoever. If I just jumped in and did a subscription then I would be having no issues, but then I would be doing exactly what it seems they want me to do. And to reiterate this is not yelling or complaining about people trying to help, that is very much appreciated and also to those to not know the difference please pay attention to that we do appreciate help, but we just want the solution to be something easy, not running through hoops that take up the whole weekend which is when we want to play. For me that was right this moment and that is not going to happen so I will probably just go back to playing Path of Exile while I wait for Shroud of the Avatar.

I'm having exactly the same problem. How do i send a ticket? there's no button to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstriker View Post
    I'm having exactly the same problem. How do i send a ticket? there's no button to do so.
    You have to go to the support site:
    http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic
    to submit a email ticket. I believe current turn around time is 3-5 business days. Day one is likely to be Monday, November 17, 2014.

Alternatively you can call Turbine Account Management on the telephone. They are open M-F, 2 PM to 6 PM eastern time. They will reopen on Monday, November 17, 2014

Hi I have the same problem, how can I find the account management? When I try to see my account manager, is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Falesleen View Post
    Hi I have the same problem, how can I find the account management? When I try to see my account manager, is empty.
    Here is the link:
    https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php
    the accounting site. If you can't find what you are looking for you will have to contact Turbine Account Management.

The account you are posting from has a November, 2014 creation date. It is very likely it is a brand new empty Turbine account with no gaming accounts attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falesleen View Post
    I have the same problem..

I joined in 2008.
    I have been a lifer since 2009.

I usually have alot of information. All my expansions etc....

What is going on??

Especially in the middle of a Expansion sale!!??

Thumbs down

can some one help me with finish dat ticket, its already 13 day ... (no need restore any previous acc if they exsist) #24001-728517 Original Ticket Details:
    Subject: Login Error The username entered does not have an active "LOTRO" subscription. Please try another username.
    Description: Hi there,was played game before (free)and now not see lotro sub on account and cannot login.

Quote Originally Posted by majoria70 View Post
    I didn't think he/she was replying in an aggressive manner.
    I also don't think it was aggressive, meaning is more important than words IMHO. I may have a suggestion that could work for some of the people with issues here. This happened to me when I left the launcher running during shutdown and then tried to log back in without refreshing the launcher window. LOTRO 'offline messages' are not accurate and I have had all sorts of messages instead of 'the server is down' or 'please refresh due to an update'. Either way I fixed it simply by re-launching the launcher and logging in again. Please try this if you haven't already. It could rule out server restart/patch day issues.

I have the same issue, my LOTRO account disappeared from my standingstone.com account.
    Last played was 5 to 7 years ago and I purchase a few packs.

I already sent a ticket, hope it will get fixed.

Issue:
    It is not possible to signup a new LOTRO account with the same Standingstone account if you already have a DDO account. Standingstone changed the account creation and it no longer function the same way before where it will add the LOTRO or DDO account into an existing Standingstone account.

The only way to readd LOTRO is via CD KEY

Having the exact same issue. have tried opening help ticket but then it want to redirect to a help site that is no help and tell me that password is expired? I logged in here.

Getting No Subscription Found also when trying to play the game not in Steam but on the original old Launcher.

I am reading the FAQ, and it says that if we had an old Account that had the Beta key removed when the game went retail, then we can not receive a new key, and will have to sign up again with a new account?

Can we just not do that part? Can we just receive a new key for this account as a private message or something from forum support?

Last resort? Can we try downloading the Steam version, and would it use our Steam account to create a subscription? Not really wanting to download the whole game all over again though just for Steam, but would do it if it fixes the subscription issue thing. Also it's late, stayed up trying to figure this out lol.

Edit: Fixed it by making a new account with a new name. This account is therefore defunct I guess.
    Last edited by PlaSmiCNoMaD; Jul 22 2020 at 01:07 AM.

22. Jul 21 2020, 02:43 PM