We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I pretty much moved on to Star Wars The Old Republic for less grind and more play. Then when I become bored with SWTOR grind, I played The Tale of Two Wastelands for a bit then return to SWTOR. Now I am focusing on Star Citizen as a backer and playing in Alpha. I loved LOTRO when it started and it was fine for a while but grinding for traits, Turbine not listening to the majority of our requests, and other things chased me away.
    Last edited by AnderlornLOTR; Feb 13 2015 at 12:28 AM.

I see names I remember.... hope life is treating you all as well as can be reasonably expected. I am starting to play more again to enjoy time with family and a few friends that still play. Many others have moved on. We misses so many... Fern, Groan, Niegel, Barstoll, Adoreth, Adriana, Crevo, Graywolf, Saul, Pendarian, Randamir, Karmar, (and many others).... we wants our preciousesses back....

Elendilmir is home. I am not looking forward to moving if push comes to shove.

See you all ingame. May the Loot Fairies smile upon you.
    Last edited by gardavil; Feb 18 2015 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gardavil View Post
    I see names I remember.... hope life is treating you all as well as can be reasonably expected. I am starting to play more again to enjoy time with family and a few friends that still play. Many others have moved on. We misses so many... Fern, Groan, Niegel, Barstoll, Adoreth, Adriana, Crevo, Graywolf, Saul, Pendarian, Randamir, Karmar, (and many others).... we wants our preciousesses back....

Elendilmir is home. I am not looking forward to moving if push comes to shove.

See you all ingame. May the Loot Fairies smile upon you.

I want to add a few names to my missing list. Though I remember Fern, Barstoll, and Adirana. I had a friend names Arness that I used to talk to a lot, and I was in a kin with Druni, and PPuddin. I miss my dear friend Levedara, and all the people I used to kin with, especially the folks from Chalice. Plus Cincy, I know people didn't like him a lot in the moors, but he was a good friend to me, as was Snark. I miss so many folks, it actually kind of hurts to log into E and not see any of the people around, and even worse see their names in my friends list and the last time they logged in from so very long ago.

Theodhelm - Captain | Junkyard - Stalker
    Previously from ~Elendilmir Server~ the [Jewelled Bell] of servers
    ~Arkenstone~
    ~Misadventurers~

Boo

>.> <.<
    ~Figgy~ 87~
    Hobbit Minstrel
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Boo

>.> <.<
    Figgy! I miss talking with you on IM! And I misses you in game too!

Theodhelm - Captain | Junkyard - Stalker
    Previously from ~Elendilmir Server~ the [Jewelled Bell] of servers
    ~Arkenstone~
    ~Misadventurers~

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Boo

>.> <.<
    Your friend, Figgy, has gone offline.

Dangit, missed ya! Tried to send a whisper after the shock wore off.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

While I did not play in beta, I have been around since 2007/2008.

I do not play as often anymore simply because all of my friends left, and I get lonely nowadays on my own.

Overall, I am not an MMO person. The only reason I ever started LOTRO is because it was Lord of the Rings, and it thoroughly stole my heart. To date, it is the only MMO I play. It probably will be the only one I play until it finally ceases to be (hopefully that day is still far enough away!).

Poor Elendilmir has shrunk so much since the days of the [Jeweled Bell] goes jingle jangle. I was always only in a 2-3 person kinship consisting of myself and my closest friends, but I paid close attention to all the action and chatter going on. I highly doubt that anyone remembers my kinship (The Sound of Shanking - which is still alive, barely) or my characters, but I remember a good number of the big E regulars from back in the day.

I am about as casual as casual gamers / MMOers come, but I would welcome some company if anyone wants to play and/or redo old instances.
    Beregost, Rebecker, and Paam - Actively saving Middle Earth since 2008!
    A Blog for LOTRO Laughs - http://lotrolulz.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mommadus View Post
    Funny, someone was recruiting for Forgotten Treasury the other night, and right away I thought of "There's a Treasury??"
    I might have just peed a little...

Simple and effective...yeah, that's me.
    Vhael Hunter - Spykd Warden - Vhaelan Lore-Master - Vhaele Champion - Vhaell Burglar
    Vhaelor Captain - Vhaeleau Guardian - Vhaelere Minstral - Vhaelras Rune Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by mommadus View Post
    Funny, someone was recruiting for Forgotten Treasury the other night, and right away I thought of "There's a Treasury??"
    I just recently took my Beorning through Moria - first time I've taken a toon through there since 2009. I got the Wings of Shadow quest and made the required 'Where is the Bat Cave?' question. Instead of 'UNDER STATELY WAYNE MANNER', I got a vague comment in world chat about remembering a quest in Moria with it and an honest tell trying to describe to me where it was.

I died a little inside...
    Krysfaerun (105 Minstrel), Wyrana (105 Guardian), Krysfrune (105 Rune-Keeper), Krysbruin (105 Beorning), Voxmoney (40 Warden), Merrykrysmas (40 Burglar) - Vox Immortalis
    Manlyman (41 Captain) - Tappa Kegga Dae

Formerly of Elendilmir, Now of Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Fruinjuice View Post
    I just recently took my Beorning through Moria - first time I've taken a toon through there since 2009. I got the Wings of Shadow quest and made the required 'Where is the Bat Cave?' question. Instead of 'UNDER STATELY WAYNE MANNER', I got a vague comment in world chat about remembering a quest in Moria with it and an honest tell trying to describe to me where it was.

I died a little inside...
    Must have been a teenager- the teenagers I know have no idea what the Bat Cave is....at least one of them thinks of the Steve Miller Band song when you mention the Joker though...

ran across some doofus in ESO zone chat trying to sell a ridiculous helmet.... my comment of Isengard bids five sparked no humor... figured at least a few lotro folks might have been about...
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

I started with closed Beta 1, became a founder and lifer. I'm in my home server here several times a week still! Mostly I hang out with my buddy Breglor whom I met in my first kin Aphadrim uin Calad. We still do all the new content and run through old content to (try to) complete all the deeds. And every week I still play music in Bree on Wednesday nights! Life happens, you know, so one day I might not be able to play anymore, but as long as I'm able, and as long as the game exists, I will be here
    Diamond of Gladden & Landroval.
    Director of Eriador Music Society of Landroval.

Ah the old days.. miss some of those names. A few of us are still here. My warg shows up occasionally, at least until I see the tribe roster and log out.
    ____The mighty Elendilmir____
    Kharma - 100 Guardian --- Into the West
    Khharma - 100 Captain --- Ramble on

You simple... its *ur (or your, sometimes followed by you're for the possessive case).

Players of yore,
    Once for glory and gore,
    Now nevermore.

Who knew that dodging the BAoS zerg, farming the Rift, and cliff-jumping were the best times to be had? A few times since perma-quitting I have thought about weekend relapse or two. However, the lack of spewed vitriol and unfamiliar names quickly clog that pipe dream. And so, my naked and broke (broken?) Elf will continue to shiver on the steps of Glan Vraig in purgatorial remembrance of the good times from yesterday. So many great Kinships from start to finish:

Crusaders (Ark)
    The Meaning of Haste (Ark)
    Insurrection (Ark)
    Preying Mantis
    The Goonies
    Firefighters
    Vanguard
    Antithesis

It's the people and the emotional memories that made this game:

I'll never forget Kriptic asking Thurandir in Kinchat why his reaver was ganking him at that moment in the 'Moors, to which Thur responded on his RK in kinchat "you're dumb."

I'll never forget Heroforhire, Stubi, and I forming a Guard-Guard-Champ trio during Book 7 of Moria (when Freep physical classes got bent over a table) to steal kills from the zerg. The best part was the cliff-jumping while we spied on them in Creep Vent. You would not believe how prolific the zerg-titlement attitudes were.

I'll never forget the countless 1v1 circles, nor the feeling of escaping a 20+ coordinated zerg with proper timing of Ardour slow and Sprint + CBR. Even the most level-headed Creeps would share their disgust at my cowardly play-style... oh the joy!

I'll never forget GLFF and the 7+ bans (including 1 perma-ban) and countless lols.

I'll never forget cross-coordinating 2-3 Freep raids against double the # of Creeps before Turbine downsized the server-farm budget and the lag meant even 1v1 raids were unplayable.

I'll never forget the people and the laughs. The PvE after 2011ish I most certainly will.

Thank you to all with whom I fought and fought against!

- Thoughtcriminal/Illthallion/Illy/Scoundrel/Pervert/Degenerate/Laugh-junkie
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=1](D)[/SIZE][/I][SIZE=3]after thought criminal element[/SIZE]
    [B][I][U]time explained:[/U][/I][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3jjZdyH6io[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by CodeofMisconduct View Post
    You simple... its *ur (or your, sometimes followed by you're for the possessive case).

Players of yore,
    Once for glory and gore,
    Now nevermore.

Who knew that dodging the BAoS zerg, farming the Rift, and cliff-jumping were the best times to be had? A few times since perma-quitting I have thought about weekend relapse or two. However, the lack of spewed vitriol and unfamiliar names quickly clog that pipe dream. And so, my naked and broke (broken?) Elf will continue to shiver on the steps of Glan Vraig in purgatorial remembrance of the good times from yesterday. So many great Kinships from start to finish:

Crusaders (Ark)
    The Meaning of Haste (Ark)
    Insurrection (Ark)
    Preying Mantis
    The Goonies
    Firefighters
    Vanguard
    Antithesis

It's the people and the emotional memories that made this game:

I'll never forget Kriptic asking Thurandir in Kinchat why his reaver was ganking him at that moment in the 'Moors, to which Thur responded on his RK in kinchat "you're dumb."

I'll never forget Heroforhire, Stubi, and I forming a Guard-Guard-Champ trio during Book 7 of Moria (when Freep physical classes got bent over a table) to steal kills from the zerg. The best part was the cliff-jumping while we spied on them in Creep Vent. You would not believe how prolific the zerg-titlement attitudes were.

I'll never forget the countless 1v1 circles, nor the feeling of escaping a 20+ coordinated zerg with proper timing of Ardour slow and Sprint + CBR. Even the most level-headed Creeps would share their disgust at my cowardly play-style... oh the joy!

I'll never forget GLFF and the 7+ bans (including 1 perma-ban) and countless lols.

I'll never forget cross-coordinating 2-3 Freep raids against double the # of Creeps before Turbine downsized the server-farm budget and the lag meant even 1v1 raids were unplayable.

I'll never forget the people and the laughs. The PvE after 2011ish I most certainly will.

Thank you to all with whom I fought and fought against!

- Thoughtcriminal/Illthallion/Illy/Scoundrel/Pervert/Degenerate/Laugh-junkie

NOOB!!^

and because I can...

Passed 7 years not to long ago.

I still play, thou I tend to play for month or 2, get stuck doing the daily task grind over to many characters, repeated instances and quests over to many characters. Then miss a day of playing.
    Which turns to a month or 5.

Past 2 years have been play a month or 2, then stop for a few.
    Come back for a day or 2, realize I don't wanna do the grind.

Been back about 2 weeks now, and I'm kinda just bleh.

Really hoping lv100 would be soft cap... and let use level past 100. (NO new gear or anything to grind) But let us keep getting experience. So when it does drop, we'll be close or something.

I don't know, Not getting exp, or seeing bar move is oddly a reason I stopped playing. 2 new ares of Gondor, and all I got was some repeated story quest elements, kill this, kill that.
    One new main quest info... (Have not read books since forever..if ever...So what info in my head is from Movies or lore bits in A-z Books..lol)
    That was nice to see.
    Oh, and 3 slotted bracelet was nice.

Anyway... Its Elendilmir, always nice to stop in and see familer faces....rrr names.
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!

I swallowed a chicken bone, spent the best part of the last 3.5 years in hospital.

Can't find a decent rock to stand on and 21st is empty, so only log on sporadically.

Beruthqoc
    "He is surer of finding the way home in a blind night than the cats of Queen Berúthiel."
    QOC means Queen of Cats :) (formerly known as BeruthielQOC)

irarweneth is still around, real life happened back in nov'13, 19mos and 5 surgeries later im getting back into my groove.... all be it slowly. still needing to finish dos to get the epic completed. finally got ithilien rep done.

that said, 7.5yrs in, the more they monkey with the game, the more i dont like it. no big raids, was in riftrunners, def of the light, ramble on, a few others... but e feels its dying......

miss the rift, all the big group content..... hd murdered the groupy fun
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000009030d/01006/signature.png]Irarweneth[/charsig]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2