We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LOTRO Models

LOTRO Models

I grew up with 4 brothers all into war-gaming, usually i was dragged into playing aswell but what i really liked was painting them. Recently a friend in game asked me if i would try to look for a suitable model to try and capture his Runekeeper. It took me a while but i found one and thought i would share the results. I painted it using the Games Worshop paints.

If you look close you can see his name Throrandir, The runestones in his hand i had to make as the model was originally holding two axes, i cut them off and made some rocky looking bits from a sprue. His healing stone is made from greenstuff and while the ones ingame use Elven runes, i felt it better to use dwarven runes to spell heal. anyway i hope you enjoy it as much as i did painting it.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Looks awesome!
    ~ WhiteTalpa ~

Thumbs up

oh I say, that is a great model, very good indeed ... can I have 12 based on all my Chars.
    this post was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit ... no pixels were harmed in its making

Thankyou muchly. took me an age to find a Dwarf model that looked similar to a runekeeper. If i do another i hope to do my Elf champ.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

Was looking and found a picture from before i fully painted the base.

I love the model and how you have painted it, I have been wanting to do this for some time and seeing this pushed me over the edge and made me want to get into modeling myself. I'm not sure COG's would allow you to post where you got the model from, so could you send me a message/tell and point me in the right direction at the best place to look? Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tamlong View Post
    I love the model and how you have painted it, I have been wanting to do this for some time and seeing this pushed me over the edge and made me want to get into modeling myself. I'm not sure COG's would allow you to post where you got the model from, so could you send me a message/tell and point me in the right direction at the best place to look? Many thanks.

is the Original model i had to modify it slightly and sure i'll pm you now.

You did an excellent job! Brings back memories of my days with miniatures, though my painting skills were not as top-notch as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmira View Post
    You did an excellent job! Brings back memories of my days with miniatures, though my painting skills were not as top-notch as yours.
    thankyou very much

I like it a lot!

I've half been looking out for an elven hunter mini myself and this is quite inspiring to see what can be done. Did you sculpt those broken statue heads yourself? Can't imagine where you'd source something like those from. Either way I like the finished look and the runestone ties it into Lotro well for those in the know
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post
    I like it a lot!

I've half been looking out for an elven hunter mini myself and this is quite inspiring to see what can be done. Did you sculpt those broken statue heads yourself? Can't imagine where you'd source something like those from. Either way I like the finished look and the runestone ties it into Lotro well for those in the know
    The base i purchased, i tried to sculpt one myself but it wasn't going well and would have taken me an age. I did sculpt the healing stone and the runestones in his hands though they where a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by tamlong View Post
    should be in your inbox now

Wonderful work, Ellemere

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 140 - Brandywine | Help sick kids. Support Extra Life 2022: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/belnavar [$1,094.53 raised of $1,000 goal]

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    Oh, splendid. Who said that?

(If it was you, double splendid.)
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Oh wauw, that looks so pretty.
    [center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rv9Q24t.jpg[/IMG]
    [b][url='http://ananorielmiddleearth.tumblr.com/']Ananoriel's Middle Earth[/b][/url] - My LOTRO blog on Tumblr.[/center]

Awesome work!

I look amazing in that picture elle, thank you ever so much for painting it for me
    I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail.

This was one of the screens i sent to elle as reference, this is my RK named throrandir.

As you can see elle has done some excellent work with painting it, and made me a really happy dorf

Awesome Job! I too would like to know where I could find models like that. I do a lot of crafting and that is absolutely an awesome piece of work!

From one painter to another, fantastic job.

Thanks for reminding me I still have an entire "Escape from Goblin Town" set to paint.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Care1369 View Post
    Awesome Job! I too would like to know where I could find models like that. I do a lot of crafting and that is absolutely an awesome piece of work!
    I found both the Dwarf and the base on the mini site http://sciborminiatures.com/ as i said the Dwarf was a Dwarven Miner model and required some modification to make it look like a Runekeeper.

*CHEERS*
    Always awesome to see artworks inspired by Tolkien and Middle-earth, or their derivatives... This one, especially, since this is the first time I've seen someone turning a LotRO-character into a miniature!
    As a prop maker with fondness for less-than-1:1-scale... *applause*

Next bit, feel free to completely and utterly ignore. It's just a rant, 'cause why not?

As a linguaphile, I feel the urge to point out that the runes you've used are actually Anglo-Saxon fuþorc; Tolkien used them in the maps of The Hobbit, but they're not Dwarven runes, as such. (Turbine chose to use fuþorc to represent written Rohirric, as seen in Eorl's Hallow, The Stone of Wyrgende, Meduseld and in many other instances in Westemnet.)

The runes Dwarves used, as The Lord of the Rings' Appendices tell us, come in two slightly different variants: Angerthas Moria and Angerthas Erebor, commonly referred to as cirth. Even though they may look, at a first glance, pretty much the same as fuþorc, they're not: similar forms are used, but the phonetics are different. An identical symbol may be transliterated to z in one, ks in another and k in the third, for example.

What's more, as far as we can learn from what Tolkien wrote and what's been published, all letters in Middle-earth are Elvish in origin: Daeron of Doriath came up with the cirth, whereas Fëanor produced the tengwar ('Elven runes'), basing them on earlier sarati created by Rúmil of Tirion. Nor were the cirth used only by the Dwarves; there's a comment in the Appendices that Orcs and Men had their own variants of it. Some among the Dwarves also used tengwar, even if they might not have preferred it, as a race.

That's great work!

Wow! I love this, what a fantastic job. Well done.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

OK... bad things happened over the weekend, and I'm holding the OP responsible! lol

I used to paint models as a teenager, never played tabletop, but loved to paint awesome models, seeing this thread defo inspired me to have a go at making a lil scene of mine and my girlfriend's hunters. So I had an explore on the net and the following pair of minis have been ordered. Both 28mm scale pewter, supplied unpainted of course, so these pics are just a rough idea but can't wait to get started! thanks to OP for sharing and getting me to dust off my brushes lol

All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by Dmira View Post
    My thoughts exactly! I did some miniature painting back when I was a teenager, and only then I learned how difficult it is with all those different layers of paint and to get skin colours right etc etc... I never learned it fully but managed to paint ok miniatures for our D&D campaigns Too bad those miniatures were quite costly and I didn't have money to buy all that I wanted...

Excellent work OP, and also those matalan's paintings are well done indeed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast