We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Would you go to the Moors?

Tell me why would anyone want to go to the moors?

I can't understand why people get upset about the moors being unfairly balanced.
    My image of the moors is it's not a safe place, it's not suppose to be fair.

If people get upset about this; then why would I go out there?
    People transferring and people having a QQ about being ganked just push me away from it more.

If I went to the moors whether as a Freep or Creep, I'd go expecting the worst trying for the best. That seems like the challenge of the moors to me.
    None of the 1v1 stuff and then being upset that my opponent had a helper.

I am starting to feel the pvmp area doesn't need a new area, just new rules and playing mechanics.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001a3e91/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I GOT MILK.

Yeah this is what I was addressing in my last forum post. I think it all comes down to the reward system. A revamp that will bring casual and more intensive pvp players a reason to go back into the moors. Something like a new map would sustain interest only until people got used to it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fbcfe/signature.png]Revanlonglegs[/charsig]
    "Videogames take no skill, if they did, no one would play" - a player on creepside DD

Question

Quote Originally Posted by HomingEagle View Post
    Tell me why would anyone want to go to the moors?
    OK, I give up, why would anyone go to the moors?

I went there once, got a quest to go there, didn't think anything about it, thought it was "just another quest" and I handed in the quest, got a token ... and left.
    this post was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit ... no pixels were harmed in its making

Player playing against another player is popular not only in video games, think about tennis or football. The reason why people want to play against each other is the fact that it's a challenge and you can show your skills. Also winning a match is always satisfying. It's just the competetive nature of humans.
    Siggy

People like the moors because as stated, it's competitive.

People dislike the moors because it's terribly unbalanced in some aspects, and extremely balanced in others, there's zero consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    People like the moors because as stated, it's competitive.

People dislike the moors because it's terribly unbalanced in some aspects, and extremely balanced in others, there's zero consistency.
    So very true, both points!

I go to the moors when I am extremely bored and there is nothing else to do. Which sadly happens a lot more than it used to. Once in a while you get in a good group and some decent freep vs creep battles do down. Until that is the call comes out and you're facing 2 wl, 2 defilers, and couple of rvrs where no amount of dps is going to get through the constant healing. Though it is usually fun while it lasted.

Hmm, I made the post to highlight how I am turned off by the rules and thinking of Moors. As much as I may want to go there I am turned off by the atmosphere that seems to come from there.
    As I said the Moors to me seem to be where the challenge is. However if I have to follow some rules without stepping on toes, then I'd rather not.
    When ever I log on to the forums it seems to be mainly PvP posts and alot of them are QQ. Yet whenever I am on game a often read in chat "Creeps or Freeps" wanted in the Moors.
    So why would I go for something that seems to upset people?
    But, if there was a reason to there and have fun, maybe.

I think if you goto the Moors and experience 2wl 2 delivers some reavers then that is part of the Moors experience and you can't complain. But run and look for something you can handle.

The rewards have to out way the chance of getting squashed or pulling off the impossible in the most deadlliest of places. The mobs in pve do abc actions, in the moors they do abc xyz lmop it is a challenge but do push players away.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001a3e91/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I GOT MILK.

Quote Originally Posted by HomingEagle View Post
    Hmm, I made the post to highlight how I am turned off by the rules and thinking of Moors. As much as I may want to go there I am turned off by the atmosphere that seems to come from there.
    As I said the Moors to me seem to be where the challenge is. However if I have to follow some rules without stepping on toes, then I'd rather not.
    When ever I log on to the forums it seems to be mainly PvP posts and alot of them are QQ. Yet whenever I am on game a often read in chat "Creeps or Freeps" wanted in the Moors.
    So why would I go for something that seems to upset people?
    But, if there was a reason to there and have fun, maybe.

I think if you goto the Moors and experience 2wl 2 delivers some reavers then that is part of the Moors experience and you can't complain.
    Darn those spamhealing deliveries!

He he he!

Yup.
    Auto-correct. I'm sure I changed it several times too.

So I guess I would go to the Moors to pick up my mail.
    I GOT MILK.

If you want to try out the Moors, roll a creep on Nimrodel. All our big PvP players on freep & creep went to Brandy. It's literally a cemetary now.

Good server to go to try it out, do quests, etc. Then if you are up for action, transfer to a more busier server - but not Brandy.

Unless you like serious lag & 6 second skill lag. Yes, you hit a button & takes 6 seconds for it to go off because there's too many people in one area at the same time.