We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Westemnet Prospecting

I have Eorlingas ore in my bags, but am unable to process them at a forge. Any idea why? They don't show up in my list of ingredients in the crafting panel.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000000721b/01007/signature.png]Caradon[/charsig]

Dumb question really but are you on your prospector and at Westemnet Tier? You can actually process them when you are on the Gold anvil tier of Eastemnet, it opens up Bronze anvil for Westemnet. Again, scuse dumb question, but I had to ask.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Quote Originally Posted by CaradocTremain View Post
    I have Eorlingas ore in my bags, but am unable to process them at a forge. Any idea why? They don't show up in my list of ingredients in the crafting panel.
    Isn't that just an optional ingredient, to improve Crit Chance?

I'm not sure if it's used in recipes, but I'm nearly certain the tooltip states it's used to improve Crit Chance...

As Octaviane hinted, in order to unlock Wesemnet Prospecting, at bare minimum, you first need to be Proficient in EVERY previous Tier.
    Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, Artisan, Master, Supreme, Westfold and Eastemnet.

Merely having the Ore in your bag doesn't mean you can smelt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseo View Post
    Isn't that just an optional ingredient, to improve Crit Chance?
    There are Chunks of Skarn and there are Chunks of High-grade Skarn.
    Chunks of Skarn are smelted into Low-grade Ingots. Chunks of High-grade Skarn are smelted into the Crit item and the Improved High-grade Ingot recipe.

Yes, I have maxed out all previous tiers. I understand how the process works. But for some reason the materials are in my bags, but they don't show any available to smelt. I have Eorlingas shavings and ore. This has never happened before and was just wondering if something had changed in some update since I haven't logged in in a couple of months.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000000721b/01007/signature.png]Caradon[/charsig]

I have Eorlingas shavings
    Shavings have nothing to do with Prospecting. Jewellers/Metalsmiths/Weaponsmiths turn Ingots into Shavings, then back into Ingots for quick crafting exp via Processing.
    and ore.
    Are you sure the Ore in your inventory is actually Eorlingas Ore? And, not perhaps Riddermark Ore?

I'm not trying to be incredulous, but human error in reporting the current situation is the most logical reason for this predicament. Would you mind posting a screenshot of this situation? One that includes both a) your crafting panel, highlighting the Westemnet Tier, Low-grade Eorlingas Ingot recipe, showing 0 Chunks of Eorlingas Skarn, and b) your open inventory with Chunks of Eorlingas Skarn.

Your last picture is on the Weaponsmithing tab, the prospecting tab is used to smelt ore
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Yes, I have maxed out all previous tiers. I understand how the process works. But for some reason the materials are in my bags, but they don't show any available to smelt. I have Eorlingas shavings and ore. This has never happened before and was just wondering if something had changed in some update since I haven't logged in in a couple of months.
    So here's what I have for my Armourer (which I'm sure parallels your Armsman):

For Prospecting I have an Extract Process that will make a 'Bit of Pure Eorlingas Ore' out of Chunks of High-grade Eorlingas Skarn. The Skarn is what comes from the ore nodes.

The tooltip on the 'Bit of Pure Eorlingas Ore reads:
    Item Level: 90
    "These fragments can be added while forging to strengthen metal weapons and other objects.
    This item can be used in some Westemnet Jeweller, Metalsmith, Prospector and Weaponsmith Recipes to increase the chance of critical success."

If I look at my Tier 9 Metalsmith and Prospecting recipes, sure enough to improve Critcal Chance I can use the 'Bit of Pure Eorlingas Ore' as the Optional Ingredient.

My Metalsmith also has Processing Recipes for 'Eorlingas Metal Shavings' and 'Low-grade Eorlingas Ingots'. Looks like the shavings are used to make the ingots and vice-versa - all professions were given some kind of Processing recipes when they removed components to help the leveling process.

So you can use the 'Chunk of High-grade Eorlingas Skarn' that you show in one screenshot in the Prospector Extract recipe to get the 'Bit of Pure Eorlingas Ore', which you can then use in your Weaponsmith recipes to improve your critical chance. Based on your screenshot, you have yet to reach Mastery in Tier 9 of Weaponsmithing, so you won't have a use for the Bit of Pure Eorlingas Ore yet. So it makes sense it doesn't show up in your Crafting Panel.

The Chunks of Eorlingas Skarn can be used in the Smelting recipe for Prospector to make Low-grade Eorlingas Ingots.

Hope this helps. It's a lot of Eorlingas.
    Last edited by Senseo; Sep 29 2014 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    There are Chunks of Skarn and there are Chunks of High-grade Skarn.
    Chunks of Skarn are smelted into Low-grade Ingots. Chunks of High-grade Skarn are smelted into the Crit item and the Improved High-grade Ingot recipe.
    Yes, and there are Bits of Pure Eorlingas Ore that can be used to improve Critical Chance.

Your screenshot shows you looking for the green "you can do this action" while on the Metalsmith tab.

Click over to the prospector tab. That's the crafting skill needed to process that ore, thus.. you wont see it on the Metalsmith tab as an option.

It's been a couple of days, I'm assuming you've realized this.
    Borgorid of Arkenstone
    r11 - Champ , r8 - Mini,

OK, here are some screenshots. i must be missing something. thanks for any help you can provide.
    Your screenshots are missing a few things.
    One and two show you have Chunks of Eorlingas Skarn. Ok.
    Three is a picture of your Weaponsmithing Tab, which is irrelevant to the thread because we're here talking about "Westemnet Prospecting"

You did not highlight any recipe in you Third screenshot, like I had asked you to do. So, go into your -> PROSPECTING tab <-, highlight the -> LOW-GRADE EORLINGAS INGOT recipe <-, such that it shows on the right side of the Crafting panel, and take a screenshot. Since you've already shown that you have the 85 Chunks of Eorlingas Skarn, it should show as 85/2 there.

Also, in the off chance that you were in error when you labeled this thread about Prospecting, and is instead about Weaponsmith Processing, it can bee seen that your Inventory has Shavings, but no proof what tier Shavings they are. Since the third screenshot shows your crafting experience for Westemnet Weaponsmithing is 0/840, then either the Shavings you have aren't Eorlingas (as you've claimed), or someone gave them to you (which doesn't seem likely). Anyway, another screenshot highlighting the -> LOW-GRADE EORLINGAS INGOT recipe (WEAPONSMITH) <-, and it'll either show as X/4.