We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What do people do?

Been back for around a week, 4 days of it has been levelling up - level 100 now and have been trying to get groups (and have failed) for Sambrog, Helegrod, OE etc...

What are people doing nowadays? Jumping around Bree AH all night?

Defeaten was very kind in running a Hele with me earlier today on his warden.. but one person for a 12 man raid at peak hours.. that's just frustrating.

Back at 85, I could say Sambrog and it would have filled up within 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzaraen View Post
    Been back for around a week, 4 days of it has been levelling up - level 100 now and have been trying to get groups (and have failed) for Sambrog, Helegrod, OE etc...

Defeaten was very kind in running a Hele with me earlier today on his warden.. but one person for a 12 man raid at peak hours.. that's just frustrating.

Well, i think its quite obvious... Turbine failed to bring intersting reward system, and many people dont run something just for the fun of it. Everyone soloing for DA tokens for their armours and run essence farming instances. Need best jewelery? Run BB solo or duo...need best armour, solo grind it. before u 14.2 there was OD farm for symbols, now its nothing. There's not much use in grouping these days...which is very sad for mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbag View Post
    Well, i think its quite obvious... Turbine failed to bring intersting reward system, and many people dont run something just for the fun of it. Everyone soloing for DA tokens for their armours and run essence farming instances. Need best jewelery? Run BB solo or duo...need best armour, solo grind it. before u 14.2 there was OD farm for symbols, now its nothing. There's not much use in grouping these days...which is very sad for mmo.
    Yeah it's a real shame actually, even so I would have expected people to run them for fun. I hope I can find likeminded people and form a group.

I definitly agree to what have been said. The main problem is that people simply dont do things just for fun anymore. I get the feeling that if it is not a reward (essence, tokens, symbole etc.) in the end, people are just not intressted.

I have been playing Lotro since it became F2P, and when I started to play there was so much else going on other then the endgame grind. People was running Moria instances just for fun (Mirkwood and Moria was endgame). Or tryed to beat Sammath Gul with only hunters, with no thoughts on how the would fail or not, simply just to try if it was possible.

Then there was constantly Kinships putting up Horse races, concerts, hide and seek, just to have fun, rewards from winning a horse race could be something simple as a stack of L10 pies or a /hug.

But over the years Lotro have been falling more and more into a endgame grind it seems, or is it only that it's those players that make them self heard in /world and /global.

Personaly I miss the old times of 'no rewarding' fun that existed on the server

/The Wizard Ullgar Mothrandir of Edhel Annon
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000008dd1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Not sure what others are doing. Let me tell what I and my alts are doing.
    Alt 1, some lvl.36 Champion:standing in North Downs town, tailoring all the time;
    Alt 2, lvl.85 Minstrel: grinding deeds so that she enters Wildemore with fully maxed "virtues". When in new region - doing quests/deeds there untill there are no more quests or deeds;
    Alt 3, lvl. 51 Championccasionally turns in task items in Angmar;
    Main toon, lvl.100 Champion: does Dol Amroth dailies, goes with Kinship to instances (yesterday had some 4 in one evening), helps people if he is asked about it.

Auction? I look into it too rarely, it never has items I need at non-inflated prices.

Boshal and Dunc are back. Come to Withy pls. =P
    we still have to duo finish Hele sometime btw

I'm working on finishing the deeds in the new region, but I run skirms/BBs when they come up in Kin Chat or in world. Obviously there have been a lot more BBs lately because of the SoMs, but I'm surprised you're having trouble finding groups for the traditional stuff. I haven't been on a raid since the update ( ), but if folks want to run something I'd be happy to come along (and try not to get everyone killed like I usually do ).
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

What are people doing nowadays?
    Leveling alts, thats the new endgame.

What are people doing nowadays?
    Buying accounts.

Oh snap!
    Shakuru scored a devastating hit on Retarius for 8,094 Scottish damage to morale.

Learning to troll.

No just trying to figure mounted combat for Beorning class.

I'm soloing (or trying to) everything that's supposed to be group/raid content.