We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LightGatherer View Post
    I made a short sequence for testing, which contains only "pet" and "current target's target". I found that the first round I click them, it always keeps the target on my pet, but the second round, it will correctly target the mob, as long as I don't click very fast. Any idea of this?
    Probably because after you select your pet, it takes a while for the game client to discover your pet's target.

Currently (although I'll probably change this soon), the target is only detected when you move the mouse over the "Select Target" slot. So after you click the "Select target: Pet" slot, the "Select target: Current target's target" slot immediately moves under the mouse, and that may be too soon because the game client hasn't yet discovered your pet's target. A workaround would be to insert a "Delay" slot (e.g. half a second) between the two. (Or, you could simply move the mouse away, and back over the slot half a second later to redetect the target.)

I am thinking about ways to improve this in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Probably because after you select your pet, it takes a while for the game client to discover your pet's target.

Currently (although I'll probably change this soon), the target is only detected when you move the mouse over the "Select Target" slot. So after you click the "Select target: Pet" slot, the "Select target: Current target's target" slot immediately moves under the mouse, and that may be too soon because the game client hasn't yet discovered your pet's target. A workaround would be to insert a "Delay" slot (e.g. half a second) between the two. (Or, you could simply move the mouse away, and back over the slot half a second later to redetect the target.)

I am thinking about ways to improve this in the next version.
    You're right. It works now. Thank you for the advice!

Version 3.27 of SequenceBars is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 3.27 release notes

New features:

• Added "Require target" option for "Select target" slots. This will prevent the sequence from advancing until you have successfully selected a target. This is to accommodate the fact that detecting another player or NPC's target can take a small amount of time after you select them. With this option enabled, you can just spam clicks until the target is selected.

Other changes:

• The appearance of a "Select target" slot will now change when the mouse is over it. It will either have a red or a green background, indicating whether a target has been identified or not.
    • Removed "Pet's target" from the list of selectable targets for "Select target" slots. (It can't be reliably detected if your pet isn't already targeted.) As a substitute, you can use a "Select target: Pet" slot, followed by a "Select target: Current target's target" slot. In the latter slot, be sure to enable the "Require target" option, since detecting the pet's target is not instantaneous.

Targeting "myself" and targeting "pet" are not working correctly. Sometimes they target the right target, sometimes they don't. And there is always an error message "...Rings Online\Plugins\Thurallor\Seque nceBars\Slot.lua:152: attempt to index field 'object' (a nil value)" when I click either of them. Any idea?

5. Feb 17 2018, 10:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by LightGatherer View Post
    Targeting "myself" and targeting "pet" are not working correctly. Sometimes they target the right target, sometimes they don't. And there is always an error message "...Rings Online\Plugins\Thurallor\Seque nceBars\Slot.lua:152: attempt to index field 'object' (a nil value)" when I click either of them. Any idea?
    Sorry about that. It should be fixed now (in version 3.28). After installing the new version, you may need to delete and recreate your "Select target" slots to make them work correctly.

Sorry about that. It should be fixed now (in version 3.28). After installing the new version, you may need to delete and recreate your "Select target" slots to make them work correctly.
    Tried it and it's very nice. Thank you!

8. Mar 06 2018, 06:57 PM

Lightbulb friend or foe

Hello! I again love your plugin. I was going through the options and even looking into the LUA coding. I cant see if there is something to tell if your target is friend or foe.
    I am trying to get a heal to pop up under the mouse for when a raid member needs healing. Only thing is, this is going to either side for friend or foe.
    Is there a way to differentiate this anywhere? NPC's are one thing. This is for players on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmok View Post
    Hello! I again love your plugin. I was going through the options and even looking into the LUA coding. I cant see if there is something to tell if your target is friend or foe.
    I am trying to get a heal to pop up under the mouse for when a raid member needs healing. Only thing is, this is going to either side for friend or foe.
    Is there a way to differentiate this anywhere? NPC's are one thing. This is for players on your side.
    No, there currently is no way to do that. It might be possible though, I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

No, there currently is no way to do that. It might be possible though, I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Thank you so much. I figured in the game mechanix there had to be something if you could find next foe and nearest fellow. I was unable to resolve this.

I have added the feature. Enjoy!

Version 3.31 of SequenceBars is now available at lotrointerface.

Versions 3.29-3.31 release notes

New features:

• Added new feature, requested by Xmok: "Target is in fellowship/raid" and "Target is not in fellowship/raid" can now be specified as the test for a conditional slot.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug reported by tazwhirlwind: In previous versions, sometimes the right-click menu for bars didn't work.
    • Fixed a bug reported by Galphoglas. You can now use special characters (such as é, è, à) in chat commands.

Other changes:

• Updated German translations from Daefareth.

New features:

• Added new feature, requested by Xmok: "Target is in fellowship/raid" and "Target is not in fellowship/raid" can now be specified as the test for a conditional slot.
    Sweet!! This is perfect! Thank you!!

Condition skill

Good Morning.
    So I found a complication. I am having some skills let me know by a visual when they are available to use a glowing orb to pop up allowing me to see when they are available.

For example:
    A reaver has a defeat response skill that would pop up when ready. -Time Out
    Usually, when a skill isn't on cooldown you could select "When Skill Is Ready".. "Time Out", then Do this or that.
    Since it is looking for a response, this isn't available. I have also chosen not ready or usable or the other skill outpout possibilities.
    This isn't something that seems to work right. I can't get an accurate method to just pop up a tile when I can use the skill.
    The accurate use of this would be rend flesh from a warg. It requires a critical response.

I don't know how else to structure this properly.
    Any Suggestions?

Good Morning.
    So I found a complication. I am having some skills let me know by a visual when they are available to use a glowing orb to pop up allowing me to see when they are available.

For example:
    A reaver has a defeat response skill that would pop up when ready. -Time Out
    Usually, when a skill isn't on cooldown you could select "When Skill Is Ready".. "Time Out", then Do this or that.
    Since it is looking for a response, this isn't available. I have also chosen not ready or usable or the other skill outpout possibilities.
    This isn't something that seems to work right. I can't get an accurate method to just pop up a tile when I can use the skill.
    The accurate use of this would be rend flesh from a warg. It requires a critical response.

I don't know how else to structure this properly.
    Any Suggestions?
    I'm not sure I completely understand. But I think you want to display a bar automatically, when a skill becomes ready.

You can do it, by creating a "continuously running" sequence that is constantly checking the "skill is ready" condition.

Here is a video that demonstrates something similar. (Turn on subtitles.) Have a look at it, see if you can figure out how to do it, and let me know if you get stuck.

I'm not sure I completely understand. But I think you want to display a bar automatically, when a skill becomes ready.
    Thank you for replying

Typically this should work when a skill is ready and not in a cool down state. When you have a skill that is greyed out this doesn't go as a typical situation.

Here is an example.

The skill Frenzy from a warg is normally greyed out.
    I would have a continuous condition that would activate the "frenzyON" when the skill is available or ready. Otherwise the "frenzyOFF" would be active when there are no crits that have happened.
    The coordinating bar would appear from the continuous mechanical triggering the "frenzyON" at the time the crit happens allowing me to see it and click the skill.
    Since this isn't a typical condition for a skill the bar stays hidden at the time of a crit. I have swapped the conditions to see if the not ready condition would work.
    I have also tried Usable and not usable. None seems to trigger the bar. It will either not come on or not go off.
    I hope this better explains it.

Have you tried combining the two conditions ("skill is usable" and "skill is ready")?

I.e.,

1. if (skill is usable) {
    2. if (skill is ready) {
    3. generate user event "show frenzy"
    4. } else {
    5. generate user event "hide frenzy"
    6. }
    7. } else {
    8. generate user event "hide frenzy"
    9. }

Have you tried combining the two conditions ("skill is usable" and "skill is ready")?

I.e.,

1. if (skill is usable) {
    2. if (skill is ready) {
    3. generate user event "show frenzy"
    4. } else {
    5. generate user event "hide frenzy"
    6. }
    7. } else {
    8. generate user event "hide frenzy"
    9. }
    Yes I would swap them out change them around and see if worked and nothing.

Yes I would swap them out change them around and see if worked and nothing.
    I'm not talking about swapping. I'm talking about combining.

My main is a warden, and it has a skill "Critical Strike", which is greyed out except after you get a critical hit. Sounds like exactly the same thing as you're talking about. With the 9-step sequence I gave above, it works.

Perhaps you can export your bars and send them to me in a PM, and I can look at it to see if you did something wrong. Put the bars into a group together, then right-click on that group and choose "Export"... then paste the text into a PM.

I'm not talking about swapping. I'm talking about combining.

My main is a warden, and it has a skill "Critical Strike", which is greyed out except after you get a critical hit. Sounds like exactly the same thing as you're talking about. With the 9-step sequence I gave above, it works.

Perhaps you can export your bars and send them to me in a PM, and I can look at it to see if you did something wrong. Put the bars into a group together, then right-click on that group and choose "Export"... then paste the text into a PM.
    Yes.
    I tried it but I didnt use the double else statement with 2 hides.
    I tried the double condition statement but with a single output condition

if (skill is usable) {
    if (skill is ready) {
    generate user event "show frenzy"
    } else {
    generate user event "hide frenzy"
    }
    }

I will try the double

Did the trick. Thank you!

Version 3.32 of SequenceBars is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 3.32 release notes

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug reported by Merlo that prevented custom-named LIs from being used in an "If item is equipped..." conditional slot.
    • Fixed a bug where if you had two items of the same name equipped, then unequipped one of them, the plugin incorrectly thought that you didn't have any such items equipped. So "If item is equipped..." incorrectly evaluated as false.

Feature Request - Not another 1 key spam request!

Ive recently transitioned from clicking to activate skills to using key binds.

My question is, Could this plugin be written in a way that after i activate a skill with a key bind. It would advance to the next skill in the sequence.

It would have to be an if condition against skill cd to advance to next skill in the sequence but without a mouse click.

Almost like a proactive skill queue.

It would be great for helping me remember my next skill in my rotation since I'm still attached to my visual cues. :-)

Thanks for the great plugin!

Im not a coder but i like peak at the plugin luas and your's are very neat and tidy!

Quote Originally Posted by titan316 View Post
    Could this plugin be written in a way that after i activate a skill with a key bind. It would advance to the next skill in the sequence.

It would have to be an if condition against skill cd to advance to next skill in the sequence but without a mouse click.

Almost like a proactive skill queue.

It would be great for helping me remember my next skill in my rotation since I'm still attached to my visual cues. :-)
    I'm fairly certain it could be implemented. But I'm not sure about the amount of effort required, which may be too much; or if it could be done without impacting performance too significantly; or if an intuitive user interface could be designed for it. I'll look into it.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Sep 17 2018 at 11:29 PM.

Version 3.33 of SequenceBars is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 3.33 release notes

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug reported by grawpy: In the previous version, when you used the "Set unequip destination" special slot, the plugin would only try the slot(s) you specifically listed, then give up. If those slots were full, item removal would fail with an error message: "Your bags are full!". Now the plugin, upon finding all of your "preferred" slots full, will continue by checking all the rest of the slots in your bags; only if the bags are completely full will item removal fail.

Other changes:

• Improved German translations from Daefareth.

26. Oct 18 2018, 07:27 AM

Is there a way to configure a sequence to not continue to the next step until each skill has been executed successfully?

Sometimes if I accidentally click too early or if a target moves out of range for a moment the skill will fail to execute but the bar will move forward a step anyway, ruining the rotation.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Antitheist View Post
    Is there a way to configure a sequence to not continue to the next step until each skill has been executed successfully?

Sometimes if I accidentally click too early or if a target moves out of range for a moment the skill will fail to execute but the bar will move forward a step anyway, ruining the rotation.
    Short answer is no, not currently.

Would you really want to wait until after the induction time of each skill, before you click the next one? Then there will always be a small amount of wasted time between the two skills.

Nonetheless, I did look into that possibility long ago. Unfortunately, there was is no way to determine the skill from a shortcut. To be specific: When you click a skill in a sequence, the plugin knows that you clicked a skill shortcut, but it doesn't know which one. So it wasn't possible to know which skill's activation needed to be monitored. I could've made the user select the skill from a list, but that was klunky enough that I decided against it, given that I didn't think people would use it much (see above) and I wanted to keep the UI simple.

However, since that time, moebius92 has made a database that allows the plugin to identify the skill associated with a shortcut. It is incomplete, and it becomes moreso each time a new skill is added to the game, but it covers the vast majority of combat skills. So I might tinker with that and see if I can implement your request.

In the meantime, I suggest you set the cursor position such that there is always at least one previously-clicked slot showing, so you can re-click it if necessary:
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jan 24 2019 at 01:11 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast