We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Arrow [Plugin] SequenceBars

Hello,

I'm just putting the finishing touches on a new plugin called SequenceBars. It lets you make a sequence of skills, and moves them under your cursor so you can click them in order without moving the mouse. In action, it looks like this:

This might come in handy if you want to do a long sequence of skills or emotes, without having to remember it all. You can also export a sequence and e-mail it to your friends, to share your favorite skill rotations.

Another way this plugin can be useful is as a gear-swapper. So, for example, you can have one sequence for equipping your DPS items, and another sequence for equipping your tanking items. You can configure the bars to interact with each other: when one sequence finishes, you can make that bar close and another bar open. This is demonstrated in the following brief video:

I will be uploading the first official release of this new plugin shortly on lotrointerface. I will post a follow-up here when the plugin is available for download.

Best regards,
    Thurallor
    Last edited by Thurallor; May 10 2018 at 04:29 PM.

I made a longer video to explain how to configure SequenceBars for gear-swapping. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCZrBZGRh5A

This looks and sounds like a fantastic plugin and replacement for Build Swapper.

I used to use Build Swapper but then I found out it caused lots of client crash to desktop problems. Sadly, I had to stop using it. It was PERFECT for my guardian being able to swap between DPS and Tanking gear easily but whenever I'd try to /plugins unload or exit the client (which forces a plugin unload) the client would just crash to desktop.

Everything I've seen in the video here appears to give all the same functionality but in a better interface and hopefully it won't crash on me.

Will try it out tonight! Thanks so much for creating it.

Edit: Oh.. you put a comment on the LOTROInterface site that explains about the bug that affects this and also Build Swapper. I'll be switching to this when Update 15 goes live. Wish I could do it now, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor on lotrointerface.com
    Another caveat: There is a bug in LOTRO that might be manifested if you use this plugin before Update 15. (The bug is already fixed on Bullroarer, and it will be fixed on the production servers in Update 15.) Basically, if you use the automatic gear-removing feature of this plugin, then if you later unload the plugin, then the game may crash. Just be aware of that and don't unload the plugin until you're ready to logout.
    Last edited by ChromiteSwiftpaw; Oct 28 2014 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I used to use Build Swapper but then I found out it caused lots of client crash to desktop problems. Sadly, I had to stop using it. It was PERFECT for my guardian being able to swap between DPS and Tanking gear easily but whenever I'd try to /plugins unload or exit the client (which forces a plugin unload) the client would just crash to desktop.
    That's actually a bug in the LOTRO client, not the Build Swapper plugin. And it's still there as of today, but it will be fixed in Update 15. It's already fixed on Bullroarer (thanks, Ransroth!).

But, if you use SequenceBars before Update 15, then the client may crash when you unload the plugin. So you have to be sure not to unload the plugin until you're ready to logout.

I hope you like it!

Oh, bah you already responded while I was editing. Hehe.

Anyhow, thank you for the plugin! I think I will just leave out the gear removing stuff in the sequences that I build until the Update hits.

You have built a lot of flexible functionality in here that I love. Good job! I'm laughing at your empty bags and shop-bought gear that you are using for the example video. My bags are always full and I have like 4-5 sets of armor, 4 sets of jewelery, 3 sets of LIs, etc..etc.. I live for plugins like this.

One question, how does it handle lag with the gear swapping? Sometimes you can click faster than the client/server lets you equip the gear.

Thumbs up New Function request

Might be an opportune time to request an additional function, especially useful for PENwaru's situation and others I can think of - https://youtu.be/_5TOW_LqX48.