We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beorning Not Free to VIP's ?

I've been looking forward to trying the new class, but was disappointed when I logged in today and realised that I have to purchase the Beorning from the store.
    As a VIP player, I expected to have access to the new class for free.
    I don't think I was being unreasonable to expect this. My monthly sub ought to be enough to give me access to all available classes in the game.
    I won't be buying the new class, and am now considering cancelling my sub, as it doesn't seem worth paying anymore.

Yeah................just like VIPs have to buy the RK and Warden, too. Same ole, same ole.

Sigh - one of my lifer accounts is requiring purchase via the store before I can start this class. Only trouble is they haven't fixed the problem with Macs not being able to open the store anymore.

There is no difference to the way the Warden/RK were introduced with Moria. The sub did not buy the new classes; you had to buy the Moria xpac to get them.

This isn't new news. It's been stated multiple times throughout the forums over the past couple of months. It's a premium item, same as the wallet, rk, and warden. They didn't make VIP pay for the new land area, quests, and BB, so be thankful for that at least.
    Most people know me as Eth no matter which one of the following I'm on:

Ethellaf(hnt), Aldash(mini), Balcome(champ), Gundred(grd), Larsia(ward), Ordden(capt), Othkyn(beor), Talphor(burg), Waril(rk), Wilhame(lm) along with many many Vault Alts.

http://rangerswest.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ruflus View Post
    There is no difference to the way the Warden/RK were introduced with Moria. The sub did not buy the new classes; you had to buy the Moria xpac to get them.
    Hmmm, it's been a long time but I don't remember having to buy the Warden and RK classes when Moria came out.

Quote Originally Posted by GerkinPickle View Post
    Hmmm, it's been a long time but I don't remember having to buy the Warden and RK classes when Moria came out.
    Nor me - am lifer and sort of hoped it would be free. Can't have everything I guess.

Just got home and installing. I read on the wiki Beorning is supposed to be included in the MoM expansion. Can anyone confirm?

Warden and RK were free to me as a founder/VIP across 2 accounts. This is the first thing I've had to pay for other than new expansions.

Reg

Quote Originally Posted by RTAragon View Post
    Warden and RK were free to me as a founder/VIP across 2 accounts.
    No way this is true. Unless you bought the MoM expansion with TP or $$$, you wouldn't have the classes.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

The Warden and RK were not free, you had to purchase Moria to have access to them.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Also surprised

The good news for vip is that Beorning without new character slot only costs 1000 tp. That's just 2 months of vip tp. So if you don't already have it, just wait a couple of months. By that time, most of the bugs will be worked out too and you'll probably be able to enjoy playing it more.

Warden and RK were free to me as a founder/VIP across 2 accounts. This is the first thing I've had to pay for other than new expansions.

Reg
    If you were lifer/VIP who had not purchased Moria you wouldn't be able to make an RK or Warden. It was included as part of the Moria expansion, which you did pay for.

If the new zone cost 1000 tp or $10 but included the Beorning it would be the same as when Moria came out.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Reg
    As others stated, no VIP/founder/lifer got the Warden/RK for free. There are exactly 2 ways to buy those classes:

1) Moria expansion (all account types must purchase -- no one gets for free)
    2) Piecemeal (all account types must purchase -- no one gets for free)

It was years ago, and the release of the Beorning has a fair number of people expecting to get it free because they got the RK/Warden free. Unfortunately, those memories are not accurate. No one got the classes for free.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    No one got the classes for free.
    Yeah, it's kinda funny that people are expecting this. Free stuff for VIP/lifers only came about after free to play and the store.

That was all AFTER the runekeeper and warden were introduced. Literally the only way to obtain them at the time was to buy the expansion (which included them as part of the price).

Given that U15 is only an update and not an expansion (that would need paying for) why the surprise that the Beorning costs money? I'm VIP and don't resent the fact at all in fact the Beorning did cost me nothing as I just used TP that I'd accumulated.
    Must remember to engage brain before using keyboard

Zavad is offline Advocate of the Small Folk
    I share Cat's perspective. I feel no angst. In order for Turbine to keep working on this game, profitability is the only way I know of for a business to stay in business. I appreciate the effort and heart that the Devs put into this game. Some say the Devs don't listen to us, but the seemingly "disjointed" variations in functionality and systems suggest a keenness to attempt creative new ideas; many of which come directly from the players on these forums.

I can't speak for everybody, but no matter how much I enjoy my job, non-payment from my employer would be a deal-breaker for me. My sentiment is, keep the Devs well-fed, and let LotRO roll!
    "His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all."
    J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

The funny thing is, the Beorning is "free" for VIP, after they purchased them, but not for Premium Accounts. They still have to unlock the trait tree and other stuff with additional TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Schinderhannes View Post
    The funny thing is, the Beorning is "free" for VIP, after they purchased them, but not for Premium Accounts. They still have to unlock the trait tree and other stuff with additional TP.
    I'm not exactly sure what your point is. Those locks apply to all classes, regardless of whether they are one of the 7 free classes or one of the 3 premium classes. No difference.

I just wanted to point out the meanings of the terms "free" and (double-) "purchase" in this game.

So in the end, the Beorning is temporary half free for VIPs and half free for Lifetimers, I guess.

Only he knows the truth:

http://www.cc.com/episodes/jy5lbq/so...son-18-ep-1806
    Last edited by Schinderhannes; Nov 07 2014 at 12:22 PM.

I'll just wait till its on sale :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wisen View Post
    Sigh - one of my lifer accounts is requiring purchase via the store before I can start this class. Only trouble is they haven't fixed the problem with Macs not being able to open the store anymore.
    I can't play because of this issue as well. Maybe the hotfix on Monday will fix this.
    **Lifetime VIP Player** (since 2007)
    Hope dies last, but it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisen View Post
    Just a point of clarification here. The LOTRO store still works from the Mac client...as long as you haven't updated your Mac to Yosemite yet - it works fine on Mavericks. Fortunately I heard the news about the LOTRO store issues with Yosemite before I had upgraded my iMac, which is what I usually use for playing LOTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by elbac1957 View Post
    Just a point of clarification here. The LOTRO store still works from the Mac client...as long as you haven't updated your Mac to Yosemite yet - it works fine on Mavericks. Fortunately I heard the news about the LOTRO store issues with Yosemite before I had upgraded my iMac, which is what I usually use for playing LOTRO.
    And if you have a friend who has LOTRO (or if you have LOTRO on another machine) you can just log in on that computer, make your purchases, and then return to your normal machine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast