We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U15 Undocumented Changes

Since I don't see a thread for this yet...

Stat tomes no longer give +10 each to a stat regardless of rank. Higher ranks of tomes give larger bonuses. I just bought a Vitality 7 tome and it gives +30 vitality. Rank 8 seems to give +40. Not sure about the exact breakdowns, but this seems noteworthy.

And this is cumulative for those stat tomes you bought previously too. Having rank 7 gives me a total of +120 vitality, according to my passive skill screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post

Stat tomes no longer give +10 each to a stat regardless of rank. Higher ranks of tomes give larger bonuses. I just bought a Vitality 7 tome and it gives +30 vitality. Rank 8 seems to give +40. Not sure about the exact breakdowns, but this seems noteworthy.

And this is cumulative for those stat tomes you bought previously too. Having rank 7 gives me a total of +120 vitality, according to my passive skill screen.
    I bought a Might bundle. Might I-V each give 15 Might now, rather than 10. At level 19ish, +75 Might is much, better than +50.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post

Ok, without thinking...

Stat tomes go up to XX now (Not sure on all values, I know XX is 40pts)

Warhorses now go up to lvl 60 (I am NOT positive on total points at lvl 60 but I think it is then 87?)

Total possible character slots per account/server is now 21 (includes 3 slots exclusive to class bundles - RK and warden via Moria box w/ 2 slots and beorning/character slot combo) With this update, you can now purchase up to 3 more slots via store.

EVERYONE must buy the beorning if you wish to play it, it is not free to anyone, lifetmers, VIP, Premium or F2P. Cost is 1000 TP for beorning only, 1295 TP for beorning AND character slot combo. Buying the combo is the only way to get that character slot. The combo stays in the store if you purchase separately because of the additional slot.

5 new class trait points in Central Gondor - 1 for each of the four areas, 1 for completing book.

New class essences sold by Reputation vendors in each of the new area, 3 per class. (same 3 essences, just different rep currency)

Reputation 'items' now drop again vs gained via questing, tasks, etc. Each area has their own rep items.

as I think of more I will update this post. There were quite a few 'hidden' changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frishia View Post
    EVERYONE must buy the beorning if you wish to play it, it is not free to anyone, lifetmers, VIP, Premium or F2P.
    Because there are many people mistake that warden and rune-keeper are free for VIP, leading to another misunderstanding that Beorning class is something not free to VIP (in a bad way), I think there should be some clarification about it:
    -Warden and Rune-Keeper is not free for VIP, even lifetime VIP.
    -The only reason why some lifetime VIPer and some non-lifetimer VIPers get access these two classes for free is because of their purchase on Moria EXPANSION (via credit card or in-game store). If they already spend real money to get Moria, then they will get the Moria EXPANSION. If it is lifetimers, they would certainly buy Moria EXPANSION with their abundant TP budget.
    -There was a period that buying Moria EXPANSION via credit card gives player free VIP months. Since it is the Moria EXPANSION that they get, of course, it will include the two classes warden and rune-keeper, leading to the belief that these two classes are free-for-VIP. No, they are free because they are included in the Moria EXPANSION.
    -Moria EXPANSION was launched prior of the Free-to-Pay model of this game, so there may be some hic-ups occured between the two periods.
    -So, it is not strange for Beorning class being not Free-to-VIP. It is not Turbine's greed. It is how it is.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

The two warbands in the Dead Marshes got significantly higher morale pools, from about 20k to 80k/100k.
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by q945 View Post
    The two warbands in the Dead Marshes got significantly higher morale pools, from about 20k to 80k/100k.
    Ah, glad to hear that! Those were some easy warbands for sure! Couldn't get a frog to drop off of them sadly!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000012f90b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitses View Post
    Ah, glad to hear that! Those were some easy warbands for sure! Couldn't get a frog to drop off of them sadly!
    They really need to make that campfire in the dead marshes a hunter port. otherwise I don't see myself grinding that fellowship warband anymore without a group. Esp if they have that much morale.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

I may have missed it, but I didn't see a mention in the patch notes about the Hytbold change. All upgrades, except the initial, now only costs one token.

The haste command for the labourers in Securing the Culvert (Deeping Wall raid size) is once again removed, effectively making this SQ uncompletable again.

I think, reward for Hytbold dailies is 10 tokens instead of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    Yes, and all hybold build quests cost 1 token each to complete.

Big Battle patches have been rolled back as well, especially noticable in the 12 man Deeping Wall raid. Specifically:
    The sidequest where labourers are blocking the culvert - the haste command has been replaced with a heal, rendering platinum impossible owing to the timer.
    The sidequest where sappers come into the middle of the village - sappers appear to be once again double spawned. It's amusing for LM's to cast the fire rings on 30 targets, including 9 sappers per raid, but Aragorn just gets eaten.
    Elendilmir: Southern Cross Kinship
    Freeps: Scruffodian; Scruffbeard; Scruffeldor; Scruffynerf; Scruffwulf; Scruffystone; Scruffiness; Scruffphor; Scruffward
    Creeps: Frothrat; Frothfight; Frothed; Frothleg; Frothnakh; Frothface

Quote Originally Posted by Mathili View Post
    The haste command for the labourers in Securing the Culvert (Deeping Wall raid size) is once again removed, effectively making this SQ uncompletable again.
    You know that you can pick rocks up yourself and take them to the drop point?

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerf View Post
    Big Battle patches have been rolled back as well, especially noticable in the 12 man Deeping Wall raid. Specifically:
    The sidequest where labourers are blocking the culvert - the haste command has been replaced with a heal, rendering platinum impossible owing to the timer.
    The sidequest where sappers come into the middle of the village - sappers appear to be once again double spawned. It's amusing for LM's to cast the fire rings on 30 targets, including 9 sappers per raid, but Aragorn just gets eaten.
    I hope people are actually using the /bug feature for both of these and not relying on the forums for bugs to get fixed.... the QA team does not check the forums for bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Dimea View Post
    You know that you can pick rocks up yourself and take them to the drop point?
    in the 12man? i do not ever remembering being able to move the rocks, myself, in the 12man. solo, oh yea, easy platinum.

though, i havnt tried since the update.

can you place rocks in the 12man now?
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vehdren View Post
    Yes, and all hybold build quests cost 1 token each to complete.
    Probably one of the best news I've seen in terms of updating LotRO's healthy aging. Kudos to the genius who did this.

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    in the 12man? i do not ever remembering being able to move the rocks, myself, in the 12man. solo, oh yea, easy platinum.

though, i havnt tried since the update.

can you place rocks in the 12man now?
    Actually I don't know, I was thinking of the solo/duo. Would be interested to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimea View Post
    Actually I don't know, I was thinking of the solo/duo. Would be interested to know.
    No, moving rocks is not possible in the raid version. They essentially moved this quest back to the way it was before the last fix to it. Exactly the same symptoms: getting time penalty very close before finishing, even after killing the trolls and mobs without trouble.

mistrel1970 is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Hero of the Small Folk
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    -Warden and Rune-Keeper is not free for VIP, even lifetime VIP.
    -The only reason why some lifetime VIPer and some non-lifetimer VIPers get access these two classes for free is because of their purchase on Moria EXPANSION (via credit card or in-game store). If they already spend real money to get Moria, then they will get the Moria EXPANSION. If it is lifetimers, they would certainly buy Moria EXPANSION with their abundant TP budget.
    -There was a period that buying Moria EXPANSION via credit card gives player free VIP months. Since it is the Moria EXPANSION that they get, of course, it will include the two classes warden and rune-keeper, leading to the belief that these two classes are free-for-VIP. No, they are free because they are included in the Moria EXPANSION.
    -Moria EXPANSION was launched prior of the Free-to-Pay model of this game, so there may be some hic-ups occured between the two periods.
    -So, it is not strange for Beorning class being not Free-to-VIP. It is not Turbine's greed. It is how it is.
    Another way to get Moria plus the game time that would apply Premium status would be to find a copy of the Boxed Moria set, either basic or Collectors Edition. You get the classes, extra slots, temporary VIP status due to the paid game time (I believe 30 days), and the Collectors Edition has a couple physical gifts too. Currently there are a few as low as $9.99 (collectors edition lowest 24.99) on Ebayy .
    Last edited by mistrel1970; Nov 06 2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: missing location of boxed set
    Andirien and Saelarwen on Gladden
    Adirien, Andiria, Andirien, and Fanoraen on Brandywine
    Adanarien, Aedanwen, Andiralen, Andirawen, Angraroth, and Asina on Crickhollow

Turtles no longer move with rocket sled speed. Just a bugfix.
    Bruuwnor, Dwarf Champion of Arkenstone, Pipeweed and Ale

I'm gunning for "least important" undocumented change here: Boots of the Liberator (from the Dol Amroth hunter set) no longer show their dye, they stay an ugly cream-white color, which makes one of my outfits look awful. I wonder what other items no longer take dye. (Bug reported it, but I can't imagine anyone's in a hurry to fix it.)

I've just had golden parry essence drop from Pelargir BB.

Edit: 153.6 incoming healing is an error. correct value should be 307.2
    Last edited by Giseldah; Nov 07 2014 at 11:55 AM.

I don't know exactly when this changed, but I just noticed it today. Pretty huge deal, because I bought Shared Storage a year ago solely because we -could not- do this, lol.

!!BOUND TO ACCOUNT!! ITEMS CAN NOW BE SENT THROUGH MAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by MathKnight View Post
    Turtles no longer move with rocket sled speed. Just a bugfix.
    I'm going to miss this, that was pretty hilarious, lol
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Caelthor View Post
    I don't know exactly when this changed, but I just noticed it today. Pretty huge deal, because I bought Shared Storage a year ago solely because we -could not- do this, lol.

!!BOUND TO ACCOUNT!! ITEMS CAN NOW BE SENT THROUGH MAIL.
    Aye. The requirement is that you need to enter your character's name before it will send. Trying it blank or with someone else's name won't work.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast