We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Petition for the fix / reroll of the Music System

So, the music system... one small fix on one note from the Devs, when the entire system is 'broken' and makes 80% of the tunes created for a group about useless. No hint from the devs that they have heard and understand our dislike about this, and it seems like they almost does not care.

So, this is a thread to try to show them that we are many people involved in the music community regardless of any server, and that we want the system fixed asap.

We would like to see one of two things:

1 - Roll back the system like it was pre-Update 15
    or
    2 - put the volume balance part of it back into play, but keep the change to the instruments.

So, what to do?

Reply to this thread with /signed and if ya play in an ingame band, do a 'member of <bandname>, <server>' in the post too.

Leave the discussion about the system to the other threads, and spread the word about this to your band colleagues/friends/other lotro-musicians you might know to come and sign here. Let us show them that we are not just a few 'looneys' that are concerned about this 'fix' to the music system.

/signed
    Grymrock Grey
    - Bandleader of 'The Chosen Few', Laurelin.
    Last edited by Grymrock; Nov 11 2014 at 04:29 PM.
    Leader of 'Order of the Divine Brew' kinship at [EN-RP] Laurelin server.
    Bandleader of 'The Chosen Few' at the [En-RP] Laurelin server.

Signed!
    Let get the music back.

/signed!

I appreciate that you fixed the clarinet's 'child of pibgorn' note, and it does sound better overall! Huzzah! However, the volume balance issues are a songbreaker for all of us :-( Please don't make us redo thousands of carefully crafted songs.

Rosamundi, member of 'The Chosen Few', Laurelin

Nope, can't sign this even as a band leader. I do not want the system rolled back to the out of tune mess it was. The changes made in U15 are a step forward, we just need some notes fixed, clipping sorted and most importantly fix the sound balance. Even as it stands, we played a decent concert on Sunday.
    Jobbing musician that resides in Bree. Frequenter of Taverns and places of ill repute

Quote Originally Posted by Keli View Post
    Nope, can't sign this even as a band leader. I do not want the system rolled back to the out of tune mess it was. The changes made in U15 are a step forward, we just need some notes fixed, clipping sorted and most importantly fix the sound balance. Even as it stands, we played a decent concert on Sunday.
    I agree. I don't want it rolled back either. When all the issues have been fixed it'll be a lot better than the old version
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Grymrock View Post
    2 - put the volume balance part of it back into play, but keep the change to the instruments.
    THIS is my ideal. I appreciate that the instruments are now in tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Grymrock View Post
    1 - Roll back the system like it was pre-Update 15
    I only support this if Option 2 above is not possible.

The music upgrade should never have been rolled out incomplete and broken. They should have waited until they had it finished before throwing it onto the live servers and causing a ruckus. But I see promise, so long as Turbine has the resources and energy to finish what they started.

Semi-signed?
    Former Chief of the all-hobbits Landroval kinship, Concerning Hobbits.
    Hobbit Minstrel--Rozalinde
    Aficionado of Chicken Adventures

/signed

I'm not sure what others hear with this new music system. I hear flutes screeching on the high notes, harps twanging on more notes than before, lutes that *plink*, horns that fall dead on some notes, bagpipes that are intolerably shrill and an overall lack of volume balance between instruments that makes playing huge pieces all but impossible.

This is less a step in the right direction and more of a *misstep* - releasing a shoddy update that has done ZERO to make the music sound any better.

It is killing the music scene on Landroval and I have no doubt that it is killing the music scene across other servers. So yeah, sign me on for a roll-back. Let Turbine go back to the drawing board and release something that is actually an improvement.

8. Nov 12 2014, 01:31 AM

I have issues either way. First, I don't think the music update should have ever gone live and many of us said so. We didn't get to test anything really and that was the first failure.
    Now, I'm all for a music upgrade as long as the promise made to us is kept, we won't have to redo our songs. I have over 300 songs for our band and I really don't want to have to redo all of them over considering the fact it will include months of relearning volume adjustments and balance. Since I have well over 250-300 hours of work put into them, that will effectively shut down our band for a very long time. As it is, if they continue to fix the music up and make it "improved" then we will have to wait for our good friends who made us the transcriber programs to catch up. This means they may have to upgrade each patch if this is done over a period of several patches. There is no telling whether they will wish to do that or not as its a ton of work. This of course is dependent on what is changed each time and whether they have to or want to correct for those changes.
    If the upgrade would have been done in beta and released as a finished product a year from now, I would have been happy.
    As it is now, its no good. I don't really see any improvement in sounds when you look at the whole package. So we gained a few and lost a few, taking a step forward and one or two backwards just changes the problems and for many of us, made it worse.
    I don't want it rolled back without the upgrade ever happening, but I also don't want the upgrade to roll on through if its going to take a year leaving us with nothing to do for that time.
    My vote would be to roll it back and put the music upgrade in beta and let us test it over the next several months as its worked on and if it takes a year before it ready, then great, we can still use our music and make music until its ready. So far, this is just another case of rolling out something that should have never been let out of beta and to be honest, most if not all of us are tired of that policy. I would most of all, love to hear from Produktion Malphunktion on what the plans are from here since there has been utter silence since the update.
    Last edited by Emere; Nov 12 2014 at 05:03 AM. Reason: wording change/ I don't talk good n stuff
    Fincin of Landroval
    Level 105 Minstrel
    *Les Beaux Chapeaux Bandleader * Transciber, Kin Leader
    Founder of the Hobbit Coalition for Giving us Bunny Cosmetic Pets
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Hugger of Bunnys

/signed

Please give us our music back!

Orthalarth, Laurelin.

/signed

AND sustained notes in Lute/Harp, AND Sample quality^^ please ./toasts

Zedrock(k) From Bara Bahau / Les Chantefables / La Guilde Des Troubadours ([US] Landroval, [FR] Estel, [FR] Sirannon)

/signed
    Lenkathir (sometimes plays with and occasionally arranges for the Chosen Few; on a fairytale mission to bring music events back to the Ettenmoors; Laurelin)

/signed

Keep the changes you've made but fix the volume problems. The lute drowning out the other instruments is the biggest problem I see.
    Daylak Darksbane-The drunken drummer of Bright Star
    Landroval
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no cash, no hope and no jobs. Please Eru don't let Kevin Bacon die!

I agree with Fincin. Considering how things have gone to date, a proper fix to the music system is not going to be done quickly. If the music system was rolled back while it was fixed properly in beta then at least we could continue as we were, the idea of improvements coming in instalments is not appealing at all and could well see even more people turn away from the game as they get totally fed up with it all.

I also think a roll back is not the answer, members of our community have been quite vocal, myself included, at pointing out all the problems we now have with the system.

I think we should just give them a moment to address the issues and see what happens. Hoping it doesn't take too long.

Although we are all really peeved at the present state of the Music System. (I agree this system should not have gone live without adjustments first). Let's give the poor Devs some support. We pride ourselves on being a mature community, I hope with mutual respect and understanding we can all find a solution. Thanks Frelorn for addressing this issue in your stream. I look forward to news of musical improvements.

I say this as a band leader, the new system is a broken one, but in the mean time, lets all put our pre U15 files in a safe place, and make some new, or copies of our music and try to keep the concerts going for the time being.

Anyone have some good plinkyplonky Lute ensembles?

BugginsesBands.guildlaunch.com