We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013

Auto-Switch our toolbar for Bear Form

Turbine, how hard would it be to implement an auto-switching of our toolbars while in Bear Form, like when we're on a War Steed? This would make combat feel so smooth. Is this something that has been considered and ruled out?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

I was thinking about this yesterday as well, being able to auto-switch the main bar when switching into bear mode would be pretty sweet.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Signed!
    This is what keeps me from using bear form as much as I'd like.
    Im sure many others will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuma View Post
    Signed!
    This is what keeps me from using bear form as much as I'd like.
    Im sure many others will agree.
    I just think of bear form as a toggled stance, similar to wardens swapping between assailment and In the fray.
    If you were hoping for actual form swapping, similar to druids from WoW, you're a bit out of luck.
    As for the Op:
    /notsigned
    The bearform does not last nearly long enough to warrent this suggested change as a good thing, and will undoubtedly be hated if its implimented, unless ofcourse, bearform is VASTLY extended as a combat ability.
    Then again i am only lvl 30 so i dont know if this is true yet, but so far, bearform goes so quickly that i barely notice im even in it.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Yes, please.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

The system is called Paging. My guess is Turbine doesn't have the tech to implement it into the game. So many things like this are desperately needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Conancrush View Post
    The system is called Paging. My guess is Turbine doesn't have the tech to implement it into the game. So many things like this are desperately needed.
    Yet we already have the technology--we use it when we mount a War Steed. Our bar changes automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    I just think of bear form as a toggled stance, similar to wardens swapping between assailment and In the fray.
    If you were hoping for actual form swapping, similar to druids from WoW, you're a bit out of luck.
    And if the same skills had different effects, like Wardens have, that would be fine. But no class has a majority of their skills only available in a certain stance.

Never played WoW--I'm just asking for something that would make playing the class easier and more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    As for the Op:
    /notsigned
    The bearform does not last nearly long enough to warrent this suggested change as a good thing, and will undoubtedly be hated if its implimented, unless ofcourse, bearform is VASTLY extended as a combat ability.
    Then again i am only lvl 30 so i dont know if this is true yet, but so far, bearform goes so quickly that i barely notice im even in it.
    What do you think people will hate about it? It's not as if it wouldn't be customizable to be exactly like it is now. You could just put all your skills on both bars, and it would look the same.

The only problem that I can see is with people who already use the 3rd bar for something like travel or emotes. But I don't think that all docked bars change, do they? Only the first 3, maybe?

I'd also like to see that. Plus it shouldn't be that much work to implement since it's already done for mounted combat
    Former resident of Withywindle now settling in on Laurelin :D

The Bandits Raid Alliance - Laurelin
    http://thebandits.guildlaunch.com/

Why is this even remotely necessary? You already only have enough skills for 2 toolbars. Plus, you swap in and out of bear form far more frequently than you dismount in mounted combat. Having your bar swap constantly on its own during combat would be absurdly frustrating...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000cbe74/signature.png]Porken[/charsig]
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

I'd rather the skills just morphed from say, Slam in Man-form to Thrash in Bear-form, the skills would function as they do in their respective forms now, you just wouldn't need two massive sprawling skill-bars just to get all the must-haves within reach. This is not any sort of problem if you're a mouse-clicking casual, though. From a PVP standpoint it's a pain in the butt.

I'm not sure we have enough skills for it to be of a major concern to be honest, I just stick man skills on one bar and bear skills on another. If we had loads of skills in each form to worry about I would agree but it's not that many so I'm not sure I would consider this a priority.
    Council Of The West On Evernight

Runesi

if you have a mouse/keyboard/headset with the ability to macro you could bind the change quickslot to a key and then combine change form and change quickslot into 1 key press. its not exactly the same thing but works the same.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post
    if you have a mouse/keyboard/headset with the ability to macro you could bind the change quickslot to a key and then combine change form and change quickslot into 1 key press. its not exactly the same thing but works the same.
    ...Except the ridiculous and horrible delay on changing skill-bars. lol.

No. It's just a stance, I don't want to see auto, or any other kind of switching.

I can see where this is coming from, but personally think it would be more of a pain to constantly be switching toolbars. I like to keep an eye on bear form cooldowns, and just bind my most important skills to ctrl/alt/shift/1/2/3/4.
    [IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/28mns0o.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    ...Except the ridiculous and horrible delay on changing skill-bars. lol.
    strange i have no noticeable delay using a macro on my mouse to change form and switch toolbars. in fact the bar is switched before i'm done with the animation of bear/man change form.

strange i have no noticeable delay using a macro on my mouse to change form and switch toolbars. in fact the bar is switched before i'm done with the animation of bear/man change form.
    Really? That's weird mine delays like mad, it's totally unusable to switch skillbars for me in combat, takes 1-3 seconds. I wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by Geno-Max View Post
    I can see where this is coming from, but personally think it would be more of a pain to constantly be switching toolbars. I like to keep an eye on bear form cooldowns, and just bind my most important skills to ctrl/alt/shift/1/2/3/4.
    It would automatically switch, so there'd be no effort on your part to swap. And there's nothing that would prevent you from having all your skills mirrored on both bars, so that you could continue to see cooldowns, or play exactly like you currently play.

But it would be nice for people who use the keyboard for skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Runesi_EU View Post
    I'm not sure we have enough skills for it to be of a major concern to be honest, I just stick man skills on one bar and bear skills on another. If we had loads of skills in each form to worry about I would agree but it's not that many so I'm not sure I would consider this a priority.
    It's not the number of skills that's the issue, it's that our toolbar is split in two already by grayed-out skills. Instead of moving my fingers from 1-4 to 7-0 and back every time I swap forms and hoping that I moved them exactly correctly, it would be nice to just keep my hands in the same place.

I'd rather the skills just morphed from say, Slam in Man-form to Thrash in Bear-form, the skills would function as they do in their respective forms now, you just wouldn't need two massive sprawling skill-bars just to get all the must-haves within reach. This is not any sort of problem if you're a mouse-clicking casual, though. From a PVP standpoint it's a pain in the butt.
    That would work for me, as well. Pretty much does the same thing. But the different cooldowns would probably make a mess of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warth View Post
    Why is this even remotely necessary? You already only have enough skills for 2 toolbars. Plus, you swap in and out of bear form far more frequently than you dismount in mounted combat. Having your bar swap constantly on its own during combat would be absurdly frustrating...
    For the same reason that, while MC skills could also fit on our regular toolbars, we swap to that toolbar because it shows only the relevant skills, and also makes it so that we can continue to use the main bar and 1-+ keys for skills, rather than having to use Ctrl, Shift, and Alt. It doesn't matter much to people who mouse click skills, but many people prefer to use the keyboard.

And why would it be frustrating to have your bars swap and show only skills that you can currently use? As I said above, if it bugs you that much, you could make both bars look identical and hardly notice a thing.

I did something similiar for changing when I go to bear. All i did was keybind quickslot page. There are 3 quick slot pags, one for normal, one for warsteed, and a blank. I am using the blank for bear form, so everytime I pop bear, i hit my quickslot page key and just toggle between them like that. going back to man you just double tap the key. Takes a little getting used to, but its quick and easy.

Really? That's weird mine delays like mad, it's totally unusable to switch skillbars for me in combat, takes 1-3 seconds. I wonder why...
    I had someone else try the same setup i use (also using a naga mouse) and he said he had a slight delay but not that bad. though i wonder if brandylag has anything to do with it cuz that does seem to mess with some of the macros i have had in the past like a macro i made on my captain to switch to buff stick throw crit buff to everyone in party then switch back to main weapon. sometimes it worked fine others it lagged enough to not work at all and i just assumed it was from server lag.

I had someone else try the same setup i use (also using a naga mouse) and he said he had a slight delay but not that bad. though i wonder if brandylag has anything to do with it cuz that does seem to mess with some of the macros i have had in the past like a macro i made on my captain to switch to buff stick throw crit buff to everyone in party then switch back to main weapon. sometimes it worked fine others it lagged enough to not work at all and i just assumed it was from server lag.
    Lol yeah I've had these sorts of delays with gear/weapons swaps in the past too. So it could be, I'll try again later on today if I get online, it won't be peak US time so should be less lag if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    For the same reason that, while MC skills could also fit on our regular toolbars, we swap to that toolbar because it shows only the relevant skills, and also makes it so that we can continue to use the main bar and 1-+ keys for skills, rather than having to use Ctrl, Shift, and Alt. It doesn't matter much to people who mouse click skills, but many people prefer to use the keyboard.

And why would it be frustrating to have your bars swap and show only skills that you can currently use? As I said above, if it bugs you that much, you could make both bars look identical and hardly notice a thing.
    I am genuinely confused by this complaint. Beorning has the fewest skills of any class in this game by an enormous margin. Of course I use the keyboard for skills, the man skills are like 1-6 and the bear skills are like shift+1-6. It's absurdly easy to play, so I have no idea how the people complaining have played any other class. Are all of you brand new to this game and MMOs in general?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000cbe74/signature.png]Porken[/charsig]
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E