We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

In-game Bulletin Board

Very few players actually attend these online forums so it's not a very good tool to communicate to a larger number of them. Even fewer people check server-specific forums, so talking to your server is virtually impossible.

A lot of games have in-game bulletin boards (notice boards) and I think it's a very handy feature. It lets players post short messages if they are looking for an item, want to draw attention to an event, etc.

Some examples:

* I'm looking for lvl80 pm essences at 10g each.
    * HHYP Event December 21st, 2014, Edhelion Watch
    * G4H kinhouse lf carved shelves for its cellars. Contact Roflocopter.
    * LFG for Barad Gularan on level. 10pm ST every night

Maybe this could be implemented in a way that doesnt need a lot of moderation. Players should be limited to 1 post per week and posting rights should be revoked for any account found misusing the board.

Wonderful idea!

The only downfall I see here is the spam of people looking for something totally common...
    But regardless, wonderful idea, I'd love to see it!

/signed
    (I dunno why people do that...guess I will though)
    I use to wonder what friendship could be...
    Until you all shared this magic with me!

Quote Originally Posted by ReadStar View Post
    Wonderful idea!

The only downfall I see here is the spam of people looking for something totally common...
    But regardless, wonderful idea, I'd love to see it!

/signed
    (I dunno why people do that...guess I will though)
    Yeh people probably spam it alot with useless stuff and make it unuseable but a great idea
    Maltazard 100 Lore-Master Bloodsspears 100 Warden Goldhunter-1 100 Hunter Sparklie 100 Rune-Keeper Brandywine

Good idea, especially for people like me who ignore the chat channels when they play. But like others have said, spamming the board would probably be a problem.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jason12323 View Post
    Yeh people probably spam it alot with useless stuff and make it unuseable but a great idea
    This is what I would expect to happen. I would not take the time to bother searching through the notices to find the one or two nuggets of good information.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

I'm glad you think it's a good idea. Obviously, we all know that such spaces are abused that's why there is always a report button. My idea to limit accounts to 1 post per week would hopefully make people think twice before posting spam or trivial stuff as they know they can't post for another 7 days. This is just one suggestion, there is probably an even better way of handling this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coeprandua View Post
    I'm glad you think it's a good idea. Obviously, we all know that such spaces are abused that's why there is always a report button. My idea to limit accounts to 1 post per week would hopefully make people think twice before posting spam or trivial stuff as they know they can't post for another 7 days. This is just one suggestion, there is probably an even better way of handling this.
    A 7 Day timer is alot maybe like 1 hour timer would be better or 1 day
    Maltazard 100 Lore-Master Bloodsspears 100 Warden Goldhunter-1 100 Hunter Sparklie 100 Rune-Keeper Brandywine

One per week is too long and a one hour CD is too soon...
    IMO, 4-6 per day seems fair.
    Offer a report spam buton for players that post the same thing whatever the max is.
    Reduce posts to a minimum of one if a player accumulates enough /reporteds.
    Make players think twice before spamming junk.

I presume, someone has destroyed Lotro forums and banned all users from all chats?
    If no - there is chat for such purpose. There is forum where everyone could announce events and alike.
    Create a bulletin board and it could be spammed. Imagine Kinship with (surprise, surprise) 7 members. Each posts every day: plz plz plz join our da kool Kin, we are very cool, send IM to DeathToAllGruletz. Ban user for bad behaviour? Well, unless it is IP ban, there is no problem in creating spam toon again.
    The only game I was Russian pay-to-win mmorpg. It had Tavern and there we could scribe "rumours" (just not trade). Every rumour was to pass moderation: if approved, you could read it. If it was not approved - you won't see it.

In short - unneeded feature. Would take time (and money) from developers, would add no profit for the company and is a very strong candidate for abuse.

I think you should be able to post quests for others to complete on there. Say, if you need 100 of some craft material, you post the quest on the bulletin board and put whatever rewards you feel are good enough. Then someone who wants those rewards can check the bulletin board and take the quest.
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshade View Post
    I think you should be able to post quests for others to complete on there. Say, if you need 100 of some craft material, you post the quest on the bulletin board and put whatever rewards you feel are good enough. Then someone who wants those rewards can check the bulletin board and take the quest.
    awesome idea

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainshade View Post
    That's nice. It recalls the SW:G mission terminals to me with a twist on the player vendor posting where a player could post an item for the trader to buy. I'd love for this game to have a 'Bounty' board where players could put requests with a time limit.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Good idea and if I may add something....

to avoid spam... have a 1 Mithril Coin Cost per post... No Kin Invites... and all messages must meet gm approval.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Good idea and if I may add something....

to avoid spam... have a 1 Mithril Coin Cost per post... No Kin Invites... and all messages must meet gm approval.
    I think either 1 Mithril Coin per post or all posts must meet GM approval sounds good. I don't think both would be necessary.
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

the reason I said both is because there are players with Mithril they got for free via the tranition or lootboxes ect that do not use them and a few of those may be inclined to spam the BB because they can so to me 2 failsafes are always better