We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LOTRO wish list and suggestions for 2015

My LOTRO wish list and suggestions for 2015:

Many more quests. As a solo player I really enjoy lots of new quests, especially the ones that have unexpected twists and turns.

A set of 6-man/woman or 3-man/woman instances. Mines of Moria had excellent instances that were fun, challenging and had great loot. Even though I’m an occasional raider, I find raids hard to manage and my computer always lags so I prefer smaller groups, ideally 6.

Classic instances remixed. A concept similar to music album remixes. Take for example, the classic Moria instances and add higher level versions with new bosses (cousins or siblings out for revenge).

A few new skins on wild creatures and mobs. For example, all the recent wolves look grey; the same as old wolves. The developers could at least give them a new color: red wolves, etc. Striped boars. Black bears. Different orc tribes. Regional race of man outfit differences, etc.

More hair options for female (and male too) characters. For example, longer hair for women and longer pony tails.

More clothing options for female toons. Do a design contest. Sell some in the store. Let a few others drop, and then add a few others tied to rep.

Add a few quest variations and rewards to seasonal events (spring, summer, fall and winter festivals).

Share your list here.
    Brandywine server. Kin: Runic Knights.

Also, a little more love for VIPs. The hobbit presents tables need improvement. The mathon armour, jewelry and other items should be improved and tied to toon level.
    Brandywine server. Kin: Runic Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by willowbrook View Post

Many more quests. As a solo player I really enjoy lots of new quests, especially the ones that have unexpected twists and turns.
    Do you feel that the quest builders are slacking somehow? Thats what it seems like. I read this as "you need to work more on amt and quality" but I could be wrong.

A set of 6-man/woman or 3-man/woman instances. Mines of Moria had excellent instances that were fun, challenging and had great loot. Even though I’m an occasional raider, I find raids hard to manage and my computer always lags so I prefer smaller groups, ideally 6.
    This is going to be unpopular and I could be 180 degrees wrong on this. Founders paid a lot towards Moria. Where ever else Turbine got money for the game, the upfront money from lifer subs before the game was released, imo, allowed the dev to put more into that expansion. So, lets all put in $200 to get more raids/instances/quests for the next update, k?

Classic instances remixed. A concept similar to music album remixes. Take for example, the classic Moria instances and add higher level versions with new bosses (cousins or siblings out for revenge).
    this sounds lore breaking. While the feel of the game currently seems to be leaning in that direction, imma disagree here. (grim pets anyone?)

A few new skins on wild creatures and mobs. For example, all the recent wolves look grey; the same as old wolves. The developers could at least give them a new color: red wolves, etc. Striped boars. Black bears. Different orc tribes. Regional race of man outfit differences, etc.

More hair options for female (and male too) characters. For example, longer hair for women and longer pony tails.
    Yeah well I agree. I'm thinking the ppl who could/would do this work somewhere else. They are getting rid of people not hiring new people. anyway there are some new things in cosmetics.

More clothing options for female toons. Do a design contest. Sell some in the store. Let a few others drop, and then add a few others tied to rep.

Add a few quest variations and rewards to seasonal events (spring, summer, fall and winter festivals).

Share your list here.
    Its not just about design. I'd love to see more things in my wardrobe too. After the concept art it has to be sized to fit and then animated with all possible movements and combinations of other things you might wear. Also, they do like to add things for festivals, resources permitting.

BTW: did you know that a contest for the player base sometimes gets growls from players in other countries... like Canada? Why? Cuz they aren't allowed to participate.

I have a wishlist too. Soon as I finish thinking through things, so that jackarses like me don't tear them all down before they are even a day old, I will share them.
    Sig looked hideous so I sent it to its room. It can come back and
    show off after it has thought about what it did.

Share your list here.
    I've certainly looked at several of the NPC dresses in Rohan and Gondor and thought "Hey! I'd love to see that as a cosmetic...", so they might be able to get some of the more clothing options just by taking some things that they already have as NPC options.

It is potentially some work to take an outfit that looks good on a single human-female model and make it work on all character models, as well as making them dyable, but hopefully not an insane amount of work.

I have also noticed that there are some enemy skins that are underused -- for example there is a very nice striped warg skin that is almost tiger-like; you can see it on a few player-wargs in the moors, and there's a shard-dropper in the lone-lands with it, but aside from that I don't think I've seen it anywhere else. Perhaps I'm just forgetting some region that I zipped through too fast, but they might be able to build up some "new skin" mileage just by figuring out which existing ones aren't used very often and using them more in the newest region. And gondor is actually pretty good about new skins in some ways -- the corsairs have some variety, and there are the new half trolls, though you do have a point about the very generic looking wolves. I was really excited in Rohan the first time I noticed the new troll skin for Rohan (there's one that is wearing a rohirrim shield as a loincloth...)

More seasonal event variation would be really nice, the last few festivals have been very blah for those of us that have been around for years and have memorized the layout of the haunted burrow and so on. Even just one new quest each time would be nice Varying the horses so they're not all just tablecloth designs would be exciting for those of us who obsessively collect horses, too

I'd love to see more instances, of really any size -- 3, 6, or 12-man The game seems too tilted in the solo direction at the moment. As you say, moria rocked with that massive selection of instances available at all sizes, lengths, and difficulty levels. I really want to see a return to that... if that might be wishing for too much, given budget constraints, then even getting a cluster of one good one at each of 3, 6, and 12 man size would be nice.

I have mixed feelings about the remix idea; done occasionally with a good story justification, it can be neat to revisit an old location (like the defense of the prancing pony or trouble in tuckborough skirmishes, revisiting places we've been before...). So maybe taking one or two old instances, populating them with new mobs and a storyline of "and after you cleared out the old badguys, something new moved in..." could be interesting; at this point we've defeated Mazog and Saruman, so there is quite a lot of room for some changes in the powerstructure in places we've been before. I wouldn't want them to do that too often, or it would start to feel really repetitive and cheap, rather than an interesting revisting... but once or twice might be a good way to get an instance built relatively cheaply (since you'd have the physical structure/art portion of the instance already, thus saving whatever fraction of the work that represents).

Greater distance range to interact with quest npc's. This has be an annoyance for a long time. Why do we have to be "in someone's face" to interact with them. Maybe im from the wrong culture but I never stand as close as the game requires to interact with someone and it sure makes it a pain when several players are trying to interact with the same npc. how about 2 yards rather than 2 feet.

I for one would love to see a new raid, but like Turbine is gonna do that.

Rather, I would ask for the loot tables to get a look at for all instances. Compared to BB's, loot for 12 man T2C's is very ###### despite the difference in difficulty.

Walking sticks : JRRT rarely sent any of his hobbits off on an adventure without a walking stick! And walking sticks for the lame or blind whatever their race would be nice! (My blind bard perforce uses a fishing rod, which is really unrealistically long to represent a blind person's cane.)

Umbrellas : Lobelia always carried an umbrella, and if there was one in the Shire there must have been more. Even an armoured dwarf might carry one to help prevent his helmet rusting!

No CD/shorter CD for travelling to your own house/kin house/Milestone. Or some upgrade along those lines that you can buy wih Mithril Coins, TP, or whatever.

Quests that will reward you with some treasure that you have not been grinding in the last update (Nadhin armour pieces, I'm looking your way).

Drops from rare/elite/named NPCs that mean something; i.e., that are as good as items you can only get through grinding.

Crafted items (armour, weapons, jewelry...) that are as good as or that can be improved to be as good as items you can only acquire through grinding.

Crafted/reward/drop item sets (armour, jewelry...) that are as good as or that can be improved to be as good as items you can only get through grinding.

warning:highly unpopular opinion below. Be wise not to read!

My wishlist (never gonna happen, but..)

1. return to easy soloable content (if there is a quest - it should be soloable)
    2. the end of Big failures...i.e. Big battles. Or at least end as a mandatory content
    3. Ability to choose money reward if quest items are not good for me (example: medium armour and javelin for Lore master)
    4. crafting improvement: currently there are levels I just can't produce quality things for my toons. Or can produce with rather unsatisfying statuses (and I mean medium-level toons, like lvl.30-40s)
    5. horses (reputation/quest/deed/whatsoever) with +68 speed. Would really love to see more of them obtainable in game
    6. things in quests that player can influence. Example: in one Star wars game end fight player can attack weakened Vader or not weak Emperor. If Vader is attacked, player does it "out of range": bad ending; if emperor is attacked - player dies, but sacrifices himself: good ending
    7. Grima executed. Would really love to kill this creature. Or at least see how it dies after evil he has done
    8. DA Library "training mission" being no more mandatory when one starts DA dailies. Let players choose what they want
    9. More housing chest slots
    10. Class deeds related to what trait tree player chose first. Now I have some deeds that require using skills from the middle of other trees. Too grindy for me, too little sense.

Way back in SoA beta, the test players were polled over
    whether they wanted cloaks, or long hair. The graphics
    won't allow you to have both; they'd "clip" in and out of
    one another in an annoying fashion. The players overwhelmingly
    chose cloaks.

So we can't have long hair that actually hangs down. There
    are various hairstyles for female characters that involve long
    hair put up in a knot.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by Xhiu View Post
    This is going to be unpopular and I could be 180 degrees wrong on this. Founders paid a lot towards Moria. Where ever else Turbine got money for the game, the upfront money from lifer subs before the game was released, imo, allowed the dev to put more into that expansion. So, lets all put in $200 to get more raids/instances/quests for the next update, k?

Where do people come up with this stuff? Seriously, some of yall need to rethink a career as a professional writer...

Moria and Mirkwood were released when the game was P2P the Lifetime subs had nothing to do with how big or small moria was...
    Both of those contained a raid cluster

Rise of Isengard and Riders of Rohan were release when the game was f2p
    Both of those has raid clusters (in fact, some people consider the Isen raids the best in game)

Helms Deep is the only expansion not to have a classic instance cluster.

So please, the OP has a suggestion, there is no need to make things up to push the anti raid agenda...

As for the OP... I agree with and support your entire post

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    warning:highly unpopular opinion below. Be wise not to read!

My wishlist (never gonna happen, but..)

1. return to easy soloable content (if there is a quest - it should be soloable)
    2. the end of Big failures...i.e. Big battles. Or at least end as a mandatory content
    3. Ability to choose money reward if quest items are not good for me (example: medium armour and javelin for Lore master)
    4. crafting improvement: currently there are levels I just can't produce quality things for my toons. Or can produce with rather unsatisfying statuses (and I mean medium-level toons, like lvl.30-40s)
    5. horses (reputation/quest/deed/whatsoever) with +68 speed. Would really love to see more of them obtainable in game
    6. things in quests that player can influence. Example: in one Star wars game end fight player can attack weakened Vader or not weak Emperor. If Vader is attacked, player does it "out of range": bad ending; if emperor is attacked - player dies, but sacrifices himself: good ending
    7. Grima executed. Would really love to kill this creature. Or at least see how it dies after evil he has done
    8. DA Library "training mission" being no more mandatory when one starts DA dailies. Let players choose what they want
    9. More housing chest slots
    10. Class deeds related to what trait tree player chose first. Now I have some deeds that require using skills from the middle of other trees. Too grindy for me, too little sense.
    Hmm.

1. I'd love a solo version of every quest. I'd not mind duo and higher for those who would like to quest as a team.
    2. I love EBs. I love them more than the classic instances, even though The Rift raid ranks up there with The Battle of Hoth as a fun team instance. I agree with these being made optional for those who don't like them and have the trait points obtainable in some other equivalent fashion.
    3. I would like this option also, though I can and do pick up drops that can be passed on to alts or others. For bound drops, I think having the option to get vendor cash on the spot instead of the item is wonderful.
    4. I would love for LoTRO's crafting to come within a light-years of SW:Gs system, either before the CU/NGE or afterwards. Not possible, though. Still, I want the holes filled.
    5. I am not a mount collector, so I don't care one way or the other.
    6. We have some of that now. I would also like more phasing where our actions become visible and permanent for that character.
    7. Grima kills Saruman outside of Bag End near the end, shortly after the Battle of Bywater. That act results in the Hobbits killing Grima. I expect us to see that as a part of the Scouring of the Shire content.
    8. I disagree somewhat, here; though I understand the sentiment. The whole thing is designed to have a set starting point. I won't fuss if they change it to allow one to choose the starting point.
    9. There is only so much database disk space; though I do expect them to open up more slots when and where they can.
    10. Absolutely and some already do overlap such that the corresponding skill in each tree advances the deed. All of these deeds need to work this way. They don't have to be specifically tied to the chosen spec. They just have to include a corresponding skill in the others.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhiu View Post
    Many years ago, during the First Age of LOTRO as I recall, a blue name posted that Moria was already more than 50% developed when SoA went live. This was done to illustrate how far ahead they worked on content at that time.

Lifetime accounts were just a way to boost income. The money from them is fungible. It went into a pool and development costs came out of that pool. Maybe my two lifetime subs helped pay for the Beverly Hobbitbillies in Enedwaith. Nobody knows.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

No more synthesizer soundtracks in the zones. By Sauron's need for Visine I hate those.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    No more synthesizer soundtracks in the zones. By Sauron's need for Visine I hate those.
    Don't listen to this nonsense. Synthpop/New Retro Wave FTW!!! =D =D =D

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    That's a matter of taste. I like synth music. I'm old enough to remember the magic done by Moog synthesizers back when they were the new hotness. http://www.playsynthesizer.com/instruments/moog.html

To me, bad music is bad music. Whether done by one, two, 4, 12, 40, or 400 with instruments or not.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Maltazard 100 Lore-Master Bloodsspears 100 Warden Goldhunter-1 100 Hunter Sparklie 100 Rune-Keeper Brandywine

My lotro wish: That cosmetics get added into the new collections window (including any equip-able gear) ^_^

My LOTRO wish list...

1. Allow players to purchase more than one house per server per account.
    2. Allow non-LMs to purchase existing LM cosmetic pets.
    3. Add morale boosts to 3-person and 6-person instances so solo/duo players can enjoy the content too.
    4. More facial feature options (hair, nose, eye, etc.) for new characters.
    5. New housing decorations - would love to have some of the ones I see in NPC houses!
    6. A lower cost for additional house/kinship storage - 100 MC is way too high for what you get.
    7. Rejuvenation potions replaced with something more useful in Hobbit Gifts.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is my personal opinion.

my wishlist:

more socialization features in inns and taverns (posted in another thread)

A Graphics update , lets face it Shadow of mordor had great graphics

A way of buying mithril coins and other barter tokens with silver

What I would dearly love to see in the game, and would be willing to pay for!

- More cosmetic options. The store cosmetics have been the same thing for ages and festivals seldom introduce more than 1 or 2 new things each time, if that. I want to be pretty. I genuinely don't understand why the store isn't brimming with cosmetics, who could object to such a thing, they are totally innocuous. That's literally the best thing you can sell in the store imo, something that has no actual impact on the game but betters one's enjoyment of it.

- A way to redo the character creation process on an existing toon. I made my Elf from Rivendell and 100 levels later I am still upset at the limit on her hair colors because she isn't from Lorien. Race and Gender changes would be nice too, but are probably more difficult to do requiring many title and/or trait conversions.

- More hairstyles and colors. The barber has had the same stuff forever. Please something new. Lots of NPCs have hairstyles players don't, it's already in the game, just make it available! Similarly, Coldfells Scouts in the Ettenmoors are Elves with red hair (really red, not this reddish brown nonsense), why can't player Elves have red hair? It is perfectly established in the books some Elves do (Nerdanel, her children Maedrhos, Amras, Amrod, etc). I've been wanting these option for a very long time and again, they are already coded into the game for NPCs!
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    What I would dearly love to see in the game, and would be willing to pay for!

- More cosmetic options. The store cosmetics have been the same thing for ages and festivals seldom introduce more than 1 or 2 new things each time, if that. I want to be pretty. I genuinely don't understand why the store isn't brimming with cosmetics, who could object to such a thing, they are totally innocuous. That's literally the best thing you can sell in the store imo, something that has no actual impact on the game but betters one's enjoyment of it.

- A way to redo the character creation process on an existing toon. I made my Elf from Rivendell and 100 levels later I am still upset at the limit on her hair colors because she isn't from Lorien. Race and Gender changes would be nice too, but are probably more difficult to do requiring many title and/or trait conversions.

- More hairstyles and colors. The barber has had the same stuff forever. Please something new. Lots of NPCs have hairstyles players don't, it's already in the game, just make it available! Similarly, Coldfells Scouts in the Ettenmoors are Elves with red hair (really red, not this reddish brown nonsense), why can't player Elves have red hair? It is perfectly established in the books some Elves do (Nerdanel, her children Maedrhos, Amras, Amrod, etc). I've been wanting these option for a very long time and again, they are already coded into the game for NPCs!
    I find it sad that the desperate addition of micro transactional elements to the game, often based on introducing mechanics that drive players to the store is a focus rather than what you speak of. An ill conceived, short sighted focus on grabbing cash from players rather than introducing items into the store customers are not coerced or forced into buying but would be happy to pay for. It's remarkable when you think that a legitimate and innocuous source of revenue to Turbine is ignored in favour of the more nefarious methods.

• What InfiniteWhimsy said. re characters and cosmetics
    • If no housing revamp some more housing hooks or the option to have a house per charatcer's race or 3 per account or add a modular room, or whatever.
      The real estate bust has hit the homesteads hard on most servers. For sale signs everywhere. If it's not feasible on Brandywine then don't implement it there. Give characters who transfer away from Brandy a free standard house
    • Better loot itemisation
    • Stat overhaul- ask Vulcwen
    • Essence overwriting or a craft-able essence removal option. Useful class essences.
    • Finish class tree revamp based on class forum feedback from people who actually played the class over the last year.
    • Devs doing instances at cap-was suggested as a live stream. I'd love to see this.
    • A purchasable levelling token for 10 levels- max 3 per character.
    • And my pet project:cheap ways to encourage use of older group content (I'd prefer new instances of all sizes but this is my budget alternative.)

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=Calta

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    [*]Devs doing instances at cap-was suggested as a live stream. I'd love to see this.
    I simultaneously lit up and recoiled in horror at the thought of this. I want it.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    I simultaneously lit up and recoiled in horror at the thought of this. I want it.
    It would be such fun! Then a Moors raid using normal characters played by Devs (names changed to protect them) v Players as a live stream. wicked!

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast