We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best Beorning Skirmish Soldier?

I've just hit skirmishes with my new Beorning and I'm wondering if others have a favorite skirmish soldier yet? I'm playing Red Line for DPS. Archer is my first thought, but I could see several different ones working out.
    "There are many powers in the world, for good and for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming. "

Mine's yellow line but I was recommended to try archer or sage (or herbie if I'm getting hit too hard, of course, but yellow seems to have plenty of heals so far).
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Arestelle . 115 | Muiriol . 115 | Safirel . 26 | Sofiraen . 21 | Yvanriel . 21 | Yvyrien . 130 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §

Sage. They aren't redundant like archers would be and behave better.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Lightbulb

I just stick with warrior because beornings have everything. Any random dps soldier can make the trick.

Herbie

Even tho the power restoration is useless for a beorning, there are times when the fighting can be hot and heavy and I don't have to worry about healing myself, just keep the wrath going as I pop in and out of bear form. I'm strictly red line, but one of my kinnies is trying to convince me yellow is better because of the heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Even tho the power restoration is useless for a beorning, there are times when the fighting can be hot and heavy and I don't have to worry about healing myself, just keep the wrath going as I pop in and out of bear form. I'm strictly red line, but one of my kinnies is trying to convince me yellow is better because of the heals.
    Only when fellowing or when solo'ing something very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Arestelle View Post
    Mine's yellow line but I was recommended to try archer or sage (or herbie if I'm getting hit too hard, of course, but yellow seems to have plenty of heals so far).
    The yellow line is working pretty well for me, and because of the self-heals in both forms, I usually just tank and use an archer for all of my skirms. I leveled from 19-31 via skirmishes with the bear-archer pairing relatively quickly, so I'd say it's working pretty well. Haven't tried any other skirmish soldier classes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Easily-Lost View Post
    The yellow line is working pretty well for me, and because of the self-heals in both forms, I usually just tank and use an archer for all of my skirms. I leveled from 19-31 via skirmishes with the bear-archer pairing relatively quickly, so I'd say it's working pretty well. Haven't tried any other skirmish soldier classes though.
    Blue line also comes in handy but only after you get the reflective damage trait line bonus.

Thank you all!
    "There are many powers in the world, for good and for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming. "

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetMeasured View Post
    I've just hit skirmishes with my new Beorning and I'm wondering if others have a favorite skirmish soldier yet? I'm playing Red Line for DPS. Archer is my first thought, but I could see several different ones working out.
    I use bannerguard mostly and go red line myself