We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sack of Presents - Yule Festival 2014

This is the final list of items that I personally looted from the Sack of Presents you can get for doing the daily Yule Festival quest.
    Using the 592 total sacks I opened, the most common item to open was the 2 Festival Tokens, followed by the 150 marks.

Festival Tokens
    292/592 (49.3%)

2 Festival Tokens 169/592 (28.5%)
    5 Festival Tokens 94/592 (15.8%)
    10 Festival Tokens 29/592 (4.8%)

Skirmish
    227/592 (38.3%)

Marks 175/592 (29.5%)
    150 marks 103/592 (17.3%)
    300 marks 52/592 (8.7%)
    500 marks 20/592 (3.3%)

Medallions 45/592 (7.6%)
    15 medallions 24/592 (4.0%)
    30 medallions 21/592 (3.5%)

Seals 7/592 (1.1%)
    2 seals

Cosmetics
    48/592 (8.1%)

Wintery Yule Cap 30/592 (5.0%)
    Spiral Horned Snow Beast Cloak 18/592 (3.0%)

Mounts
    2/592 (0.1%)

Hobby Horse

Stat Tomes
    16/592 (2.7%)

Tome of Might I
    Tome of Agility I
    Tome of Will I
    Tome of Vitality I
    Tome of Fate I

Legendary Items
    1/592 (0.1%)

Flawed Symbol of Celebrimbor (level 95 2nd age symbol)

Convenience
    6/592 (1.0%)

Tome of Extraordinary Experience

--Edited to update percentages and to update most common items for the final count--
    Last edited by Rufkin; Jan 12 2015 at 07:32 PM.

In addition to this, I've also had the Tome of Might I and Tome of Vitality I each drop once.

I got a tome of Might I and a Hobby Horse on a couple of different characters.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

I have received a Gold-bound Lootbox (on a lvl 45 character) in addition to whats been listed already.

I got a Tome of Fate I yesterday so you can remove the "guess".

Quote Originally Posted by MrOrdinii View Post
    I have received a Gold-bound Lootbox (on a lvl 45 character) in addition to whats been listed already.
    Never heard of loot boxes being in these sacks. Is this something new this year? In previous years I have never seen anyone get a loot box out of these sacks.

75 opened so far and I can confirm all your findings.
    With respect to last year, the only thing missing, at the moment, is the Tome Of Extraordinary Experience. But it is too soon to tell.

A little disappointing that the 2nd age symbol hasn't been updated to blemished...
    Last year it was a nice find, now it's just "meh".

About lootboxes, I'm a little skeptical, too. I wait for further confirmations...

Got a Tome of Extraordinary Experience yesterday.

I don't want to sidetrack this thread but... Wow, that many Stat Tomes?

How long have we had Stat Tomes as drops/loot in games? Because in all that time with literally DOZENS of toons and playing several hours most days and being a festival groupie, I think I've gotten 4 stat tomes TOTAL. I have been able to apply one of them if memory serves because I've never gotten the lower tier ones that must be equipped as a pre-req to the higher tier ones I've earned.

This thread is making me wonder if my particular compilation of the game is broken. (I've suspected it is for a long time and little bits of peculiarity like this compound my worry.)

Carry on...

Thanks everyone. Has anyone gotten a higher tier stat tome? Also, can anyone confirm lootboxes dropping from the sacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mennhabar View Post
    About lootboxes, I'm a little skeptical, too. I wait for further confirmations...
    Skeptical? So you are calling me a liar? I have no reason to lie - I am only playing the game 3 months and have no idea what was "suppose" to be in these sacks - I only reported what I got in the second sack that I opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    guess: Tome of Fate I
    Confirmed: I got a Tome of Fate yesterday, Tier 1

I don't think anyone is calling you a liar MrOrdinii. I would like another confirmation because this would be a new item this year so that is good news and the point of this thread! Remember folks, check your chat box after you open the sack to see what it dropped, not just your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOrdinii View Post
    Skeptical? So you are calling me a liar? I have no reason to lie - I am only playing the game 3 months and have no idea what was "suppose" to be in these sacks - I only reported what I got in the second sack that I opened.
    No don't worry. Basically, when new items seem to be dropping, it's best to corroborate the info. Human error could be involved. For example, it could be possible for one to open a sack and check their inventory and see a lootbox they didn't know they had. Then they could assume it had come from the sack, when it actually didn't and had been in the inventory for a few minutes already. Not saying this did happen or that this is even the most likely possibility. It's just that reasons like these are why it's best to get confirmations from multiple sources.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Apologies for the misunderstanding guys - but I am 100% sure that I didn't have a Gold-Bound Lootbox before traveling to Frostbluff as I organized my inventory in Bree at the bank before I headed there as my inv was full of the Treasure Hunting emotes and such from the weekend.

Been awhile since have done the yule festival quests (hopefully will get on tonight for a bit) but which is the one that gives the presents? I can't seem to recall it.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbilsrcute View Post
    Been awhile since have done the yule festival quests (hopefully will get on tonight for a bit) but which is the one that gives the presents? I can't seem to recall it.
    It's an auto bestowed quest that you get when you enter Frostbluff. You can't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingiogal View Post
    Because in all that time with literally DOZENS of toons and playing several hours most days and being a festival groupie, I think I've gotten 4 stat tomes TOTAL.
    Stat tome drop rate was (as of a few years ago when they first came out) something like a tenth of one percent. That may or may not have changed. Anyway, point is, the chance of you getting one is incredibly small. The chance of someone who read the forums getting one is going to be quite a bit larger because your playtime multiplied by some random number of people reading the forums is going to be much larger than your personal playtime.

So I wouldn't hold out hope that these Christmas Frostbluff presents are giving higher than usual drop rates. I would instead attribute these tomes to a massive amount of players hitting the Frostbluff quests. And I wouldn't at all be surprised to see stat tomes dropping somewhere new, although I don't think the drop rate will ever rise above the nominal amount that Turbine uses to point out, "See, these actually are in game."
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingiogal View Post
    I don't want to sidetrack this thread but... Wow, that many Stat Tomes?

How long have we had Stat Tomes as drops/loot in games? Because in all that time with literally DOZENS of toons and playing several hours most days and being a festival groupie, I think I've gotten 4 stat tomes TOTAL. I have been able to apply one of them if memory serves because I've never gotten the lower tier ones that must be equipped as a pre-req to the higher tier ones I've earned.

This thread is making me wonder if my particular compilation of the game is broken. (I've suspected it is for a long time and little bits of peculiarity like this compound my worry.)

Carry on...
    The stat tomes do tend to be on the low possibility spectrum of the Sack of Presents' list. At the moment I haven't gotten one, even though I've opened 73 sacks now. My son has only opened 44 sacks and he has snagged two stat tomes. It all falls to the RNG. I have, however, opened one Hobby Horse, which is another item with a very low chance. Last year I opened several stat tomes, but didn't get a Symbol of Celebrimbor or the Hobby Horse.

As for other places to find stat tomes; They are a very rare drop from lootboxes, and a rare drop from Epic Battles. Honestly, if you are looking for a specific tome your best shot is to first check the Auction House, ask in world or trade chat, and then spend some Turbine Points.

So far I've only gotten tokens (not that I mind, as I need more to get the final grim pet).

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 140 - Brandywine | Help sick kids. Support Extra Life 2022: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/belnavar [$1,094.53 raised of $1,000 goal]

As for other places to find stat tomes; They are a very rare drop from lootboxes, and a rare drop from Epic Battles. Honestly, if you are looking for a specific tome your best shot is to first check the Auction House, ask in world or trade chat, and then spend some Turbine Points.
    I got Fate I the other day while running a level 30 Fornost on my level 100 mini (was catching up on quests I'd received on landscape).
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I got a Flawed Symbol of Celebrimbor tonight on a craft mule. Yay :P It was the 12th box I've opened. One got some marks. The rest have gotten Festival Tokens, typically two, four, or five, but one got 10.

Hmm, I might be mistaken about getting 4 tokens. That might have been two from the quest turn-in and two from the box.
    Last edited by cdq1958; Dec 21 2014 at 12:48 AM.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    Stat tome drop rate was (as of a few years ago when they first came out) something like a tenth of one percent. That may or may not have changed. Anyway, point is, the chance of you getting one is incredibly small. The chance of someone who read the forums getting one is going to be quite a bit larger because your playtime multiplied by some random number of people reading the forums is going to be much larger than your personal playtime.

So I wouldn't hold out hope that these Christmas Frostbluff presents are giving higher than usual drop rates. I would instead attribute these tomes to a massive amount of players hitting the Frostbluff quests. And I wouldn't at all be surprised to see stat tomes dropping somewhere new, although I don't think the drop rate will ever rise above the nominal amount that Turbine uses to point out, "See, these actually are in game."
    I've been keeping track of what I've gotten over the last few years. In 2012, I opened 141 sacks and got 4 tomes (2.8%). In 2013, I opened 116 sacks and also got 4 tomes (3.5%). So far, I've been busy and have only opened 18 sacks up to this point, and gotten one tome. Total (across all 3 years) is 9 tomes out of 275 boxes, or 3.3%. Obviously, this isn't that large of a sample and it could be off, but I'm guessing it's higher than a tenth of one percent (as then you would expect to see about 1 tome in every 1000 sacks). I think it's reasonably likely that someone with a lot of characters, who does the daily quest every day, will get one or two at least.

I updated the percent chance yesterday (I didn't round any of the numbers), and I will try to update it again as I reach 200, 300, 400...

I have opened one of almost everything on the list at this point. I am only missing the symbol of celebrimbor. Also, has anyone confirmed that lootboxes are dropping yet?
    Last edited by Rufkin; Dec 21 2014 at 02:53 PM.

I have opened one of almost everything on the list at this point. I am only missing the symbol of celebrimbor. Also, has anyone confirmed that lootboxes are dropping yet?
    I have opened 152 bags so far and no lootboxes
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast