We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Finally after 4 years of this festival I got a hobby horse. Then the next day I got a second one on another character. o_0 No lootboxes though.
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

Lootboxes? Steeds?... I think you people are crazy, those things never drop! At least not for me.

If only I could trade one of 4 winter caps for something else. I only need one since they are bound to account!
    This go-round have gotten just about everything on that list (one tome (fate), one symbol, no hobby horse, cloak or xp buff yet). I usually run 8 alts through daily.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I'm up to 22 boxes now and I've gotten 300 marks twice, two caps, 10 tokens once, 5 tokens once, the symbol and 2 tokens the rest of the time.

I have not gotten any lootboxes nor have I seen anyone post getting one in chat. Yes, I posted the symbol in chat, so people were notified of the drop when it happened.

Update: I got a Bronze bound lootbox that dropped from one of the wood-trolls in the Grumpwood.
    Last edited by cdq1958; Dec 23 2014 at 01:02 AM.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Is the Hobby Horse BOA or Bound to Account? ((crossing fingers))
    Server: Landroval

There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. Einstein

Orivien is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCrystal View Post
    Is the Hobby Horse BOA or Bound to Account? ((crossing fingers))

It is too bad that those Hobby Horses are bind on acquire. That is the one thing I was hoping to get this festival and I've only gotten them on an alt and a bank.

I've updated the numbers in the OP, and probably won't edit them again until this weekend. I still have not gotten a symbol, though I am 100% certain they do drop, the chance is so small I might not see one and honestly I wouldn't mind not getting one (festival tokens are more useful, imo). I have also not seen lootboxes, which I cannot confirm are dropping yet but I would be happy to get some.

The symbol is Bound to Account as well. The craft mule that got it has to keep it :P.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).

Update: After fifty runs through the Yule festival, I have obtained all items at least once, except 30 Medallions, 2 Seals, Spiral Horned Snow Beast Cloak, Hobby Horse, Tome of Agility I, Tome of Fate I, Tome of Vitality I, and the Tome of Extraordinary Experience.

Another year to try for hobby horse, but as with skeleton steed it shall pass in disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by ElanorFb View Post
    Another year to try for hobby horse, but as with skeleton steed it shall pass in disappointment.
    I was hoping that my luck with the hobby horse had improved this year. Unfortunately I've only gotten it on a bank and a crafting alt. It seems that certain characters have more luck than others. The crafting alt is a character that won the Steed of the Champion with the /mountrearup emote from a lottery before they ended. My mains have been doing this festival for that horse three years now, no luck yet. Well, we still have more than two weeks to try for it (the festival is advertised as ending January 13th).

I wish the 2 tokens reward was removed, it's so disappointing to get that one and it comes up too often.

I've managed to get a few nice items though, and I've spent FAR too much time in the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyRogersMcFreely View Post
    Finally after 4 years of this festival I got a hobby horse. Then the next day I got a second one on another character. o_0 No lootboxes though.
    320 sacks opened so far this year, no hobby horse as of yet. Why I open so many on so many alts, I don't know, I only want the steed on my main lol.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    320 sacks opened so far this year, no hobby horse as of yet. Why I open so many on so many alts, I don't know, I only want the steed on my main lol.
    The marks have been a huge freebie for me this year. Honestly, if it weren't for the xp on my alts grinding up destiny points for me and leveling crafters, and those marks, I would probably just log into my mains.

I been running two accounts thru (total of 24) characters and I have more hats then anything.
    Silverlode Server

I cannot provide such superb data as OP, just general impressions.

Marks: almost every sack of presents

Festival tokens: second after marks

Cosmetic items: 2 or 3 times

2nd age lvl.100 symbol: one time

Other items:never met.

Used 3 toons for these. Withywindle server.

After 102 runs through the Yule festival, I have obtained all items at least once, except for the Hobby Horse, the Tome of Agility I, the Tome of Vitality I, and the Tome of Extraordinary Experience.

The Symbol was for level 95, not 100. Has anyone else gotten a 100 one?

For me, it is tokens (2, 5, 10) slightly more often than marks (150, 300, 500).

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    2nd age lvl.100 symbol: one time
    These are actually dropping? I got a 2nd age symbol but it was level 95.

About loot-boxes: I haven't gotten a loot-box from the gift bags, but one day when I did all the quests as usual (you can get loot from the trolls and frosty swirly thingies which will show up marked as new items in your bags if you open your bags to look, and the bags with the new items will be glowing to show you something new is in there) and logged out without opening my bags, and the next day when I logged in the bags weren't glowing anymore so I didn't think about it.
    I did one of the quests that only gives tokens and then I went to get my daily gift bag. I opened it and checked my chat log like I always do (got tokens if I remember correctly) and then I saw one of the bag icons had started to glow. In there glowing like all new items do, was a loot-box I got from the trolls the day before. The other things they dropped weren't glowing, just the loot-box.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

I love the sack of gifts but wish the hobby ghorse could be bartered for. since my rng sucks I have never gotten one and have been doing the festival on 9_+ toons every year (and this i the thir year for that item) and yet see people with multiple alts where all their alts have them. A slap in the face to give to some and not others.

Wanna give me a Chriistmas gift Turbine, get rid of the rng

\

Barter for the hobby horse would be nice - even if gated to Tier III of the merrier.

Got two 2A symbols, both level 95. Don't think level 100s drop.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR View Post
    Barter for the hobby horse would be nice - even if gated to Tier III of the merrier.

Got two 2A symbols, both level 95. Don't think level 100s drop.
    I honestly think this is the same loot table from last year and no one bothered to update it, If I recall last year did we not get 85 symbols for like the first week until it was fixed?

I've gotten lvl 95 2A symbols, tomes I, marks, medallions, etc no hobby horse yet (got one the first year).

As far as I can remember - I did receive lvl.100 second age symbol. Bound to account one (and I have very little bound to account).

What makes me lol is how much money Turbine could make putting that hobby horse in the store for a limited time at a price.... people WILL pay for it. Yes it's a rare item, but it is pure fluff, so should be in the store

Do you want money Turbine? huh?
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast