We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[HOUSING] Buy more than one house per account :)

Dear dear Turbine, please let us buy separate houses for our alts! Many of us play different races and not all dwarves will feel comfortable living in an elven area, and not all elves will be comfortable in the tiny low ceiling houses of the Shire, or in the stone houses of the dwarves, etc.

Best would of course be if every character could have their own house, but if not possible, maybe at least let us buy four houses per account? That way we could have one for every housing area

I'd even pay for it! Pretty please?

*bribes with a full-size Orthanc made completely out of pies, candy and cake, with a crispy bacon road leading up to the door*
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Thumbs up

Yes please!

(Altaholic & housaholic)

Permanently retired. Was Kibilturg, Guardian of Imladris (then Landroval & Crickhollow) and ~40 alts.

I'd like to see a store item that let us buy home slots via milestone skills.

Home bundle for 3 slots, so you can have a home in each racial type.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Housing revamp won't hapen, no need to be emotive...

In case any developer reads:

Dear Turbine,

could you consider creating some item that allows player to have +1 house (bound to account)? It won't take much work to create graphic.
    It should be sold for real world cash only: no mithril coins, no Turbine points, no -even most rare- awards in game. No ideas about price though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    I'd like to see a store item that let us buy home slots via milestone skills.

Home bundle for 3 slots, so you can have a home in each racial type.
    That would be lovely
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Yes! Please allow one house per CHARACTER. It's more excuse for us to spend Mithril Coins on storage and furniture. Win-win!

I would buy one per Alt immediately. Or almost immediately. Me wants...
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

A problem I see with that is maybe it will change house chest to character storage instead of account storage.
    Keep calm, and snuggle.

The problem with this is that there aren't enough houses.
    One rich account can then buy 50 houses for storage, which obviously will hinder newer players in getting a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkan View Post
    One rich account can then buy 50 houses for storage, which obviously will hinder newer players in getting a home.
    There is a limit to the character slots per account, right now is around 21, not 50...

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Limit it to one per race, per server and I'd sign up for that!

Signed. I know several people who have made their own crypto-kins just to have access to a kinhouse.

Turbine probably fears the issue of availability of item storage, particularly in those big kinhouse chests.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

One house from each four housing areas per account per server would suffice for me.

Permanently retired. Was Kibilturg, Guardian of Imladris (then Landroval & Crickhollow) and ~40 alts.

Extra house or more room, you have created some many lovely housing items and I have nowhere to show them off! They sit in the bank, sadly gathering dust.
    Honeydew
    The Watchers
    Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkan View Post
    This already happens, and you don't have to buy them. People do F2P accounts, create a character, run it up to 15, lift the currency cap and buy a house for one of their alts they actually play. I haven't done this myself to date, because I don't like creating characters I won't play, but I'm beginning to consider it, because the hobbit hole is getting crowded with humans and elves!

I don't know if Turbine will ever address this, though I hope that they will. It may be that the workaround works for them, because it inflates their account numbers. I would much prefer the ability to be able to buy additional houses free and clear on my main account.