We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Official: 2015 Producer's Letter

Please use this thread to discuss the 2015 Producer's Letter.

Finally, a new PvMP map.

Thanks Rowan, nice touch before you left.

Ok, this looks very, very promising!
    I'm seriously excited now!

omg, i like.

nuff said.
    Es grüßt General HauptmannMilithion - Held der Ettenöden

Sippenleiter von MNdK
    Technische Hilfe FAQ: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?402521-Technische-Hilfe-FAQ

Re: Official: 2015 Producer's Letter

Great letter - it looks like 2015 will be the year we get things back on track.

New instances and fellowship content is fantastic news, much requested and greatly needed - does instances include any raids though?

Overall great letter with lots to look forward to - the episodic content sounds interesting as does Minas Tirith as an update, really thought that was going to be an expansion on its own!

Lastly nice to see the PvMP guys getting some love - Osgiliath does lend itself so well to PvMP, but it would be a shame to cut it out of the mainstream landscape given its history within the Tolkien Legendarium....maybe have north Osgiliath for PvMP or something and the rest open world for quest content and lore-nerds like me

Cautiously optimistic about the upcoming year.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Thanks, Rowan, for listening to us in 2014 and laying the foundations. Welcome Vyvyanne. May everything in the letter come to fruition.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

while glad for pvmp and raid/grouping players, however as only content i do these days is craft and Epic battles, seeing nothing for either my interests doesnt bring much excitement for 2015.

Well it doesn't surprise me there will be no new expansion this year. As for what is stated in the letter, nothing there exciting for me. I will say I am surprised though that there moving the servers back to the EU. That will be nice for the EU players.

A word to the wise- do not depend on anything in this letter. With Turbine's past they have said they'd be giving us this & that & didn't deliver. So I wouldn't be getting to excited until you see it actually happening.

This is a very very promising producer letter I just hope it pans out. Pvmpers are ecstatic right now but dont forget a year ago they said siege weapons were planned to be implemented in moors and we never heard any news on that, and as far as the instances go I tip my hat to the crew for listening to us complain for the past 2 years. As far as LIs go all I can say is THANK YOU FOR ENDING THE MADNESS

Quote Originally Posted by Sereena View Post
    New instances and fellowship content is fantastic news, much requested and greatly needed
    Yes, but with a NEW LOOT TABLE

well if all these things happen we may actually see a lot of players returning to the game rather than leaving it.
    I for one cannot wait for these things to happen and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
    MOORS: HUNTER R11, WARG R9
    BE NOT FEARFUL OF DEATH FOR IT WILL LEAD YOU TO AN EVEN GREATER ADVENTURE,
    AS LIFE IT SELF IS A JOURNEY TO DEATH AND ONE WHICH WE MUST ALL TAKE.... LIVE GOOD, FIGHT HARD, DIE WELL.

Hmm exciting information and I hope it all comes to fruition. I hope the bug fixing includes the lag issues - can't imagine it wouldn't!

Thanks for listening to us.

Lothhil, BW

I'm still sad that Rowan's leaving, but this letter has made me far more optimistic for the future:

- An actual consideration of PvMP in Osgiliath? In writing?! Wow.
    - 'new instances in Osgiliath' - instance cluster? Pretty please
    - LIs - I'm wary, but if its done right, then I'll be very happy.
    - Seeing Osgiliath and Minas Tirith, though already hinted at, is going to be awesome.
    - Episodic content seems interesting - I presume that's what those nemeses across Eriador were about?

The one thing I'm way about is the server merging, and the moving of the EU servers back to the EU.

Regarding the first thing, I'm not sure if you're referring to a merge or to transferring individuals across to another server, but there will be hell to pay if my kin is split up. I can't see this meaning a streamlining of the transfer service, as it was improved relatively recently - unless transfers become free, which would make things interesting, although unless the lag issues are resolved, merging too many servers together will result in serious lag.

I'm not entirely sure why the latter is necessary, though if it means a return to us getting updates later than the US, I do not see the positives at all. If it means a reduction in the lag, that's a positive, but otherwise, I can't see the benefits.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Baritone View Post
    This is a very very promising producer letter I just hope it pans out. Pvmpers are ecstatic right now but dont forget a year ago they said siege weapons were planned to be implemented in moors and we never heard any news on that, and as far as the instances go I tip my hat to the crew for listening to us complain for the past 2 years. As far as LIs go all I can say is THANK YOU FOR ENDING THE MADNESS
    Ecstatic i dont think is the right word, cautiously optimistic might be a better phrase. A new map is lovely, we've heard that before. Im more "ecstatic" about the server populations commentary and how that might affect lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    - Episodic content seems interesting - I presume that's what those nemeses across Eriador were about?
    Nope.

MoL

Incredible. The letter is full of nothing. Vague acknowledgement of all the game's problems that have existed forever with a reassuring, resounding, yeah, maybe sorta.

I like how despite delaying it to January they didn't even proof read it.

Quality of Life: We have been workingto
    Quality.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

This sounds a great news.

Except the lack of housing revamp, overall it seems that Turbine will please both casuals and raiders at the same time.

I hope for the best.

Expect new instances in Osgiliath ..

Is an instance only 3/6 man or also 12 ? Instance = Raid ?

I need this information for wake up my kin mates :P
    Aybara | Guardian | on Gwaihir [EU-DE]
    www.avorthalier.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamees View Post
    This sounds a great news.

Except the lack of housing revamp, overall it seems that Turbine will please both casuals and raiders at the same time.

I hope for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadios View Post
    Expect new instances in Osgiliath ..

Is an instance only 3/6 man or also 12 ? Instance = Raid ?

I need this information for wake up my kin mates :P
    If it was going to be a raid they'd call it a raid. All of my kinnies turned their heads and then walked away disappointed yet again. New instances probably just means more big battles. Ugh. I'd love it for a blue name to tell me I'm wrong but really...the letter is intentionally unsubstantial. That is clear.

The promise of a new PvMP MAYBE is especially ludicrous. I remember the press release for Rise of Isengard when they promised they were definitely giving us a new map then. They didn't then. So why should anyone be excited about any potential promises with more caveats than details now?
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    Incredible. The letter is full of nothing. Vague acknowledgement of all the game's problems that have existed forever with a reassuring, resounding, yeah, maybe sorta.

I like how despite delaying it to January they didn't even proof read it.

Quality.
    +1. Folks need to remove their blinders. The actual lack of information in that letter is staggering. If we were getting a new instance cluster, they would have simply said so. So many things that needed to be addressed that were not.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    Nope.

MoL
    Ooooh Hmmm, it says a new friend so its not Saeradan... Hmmmmmm.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    +1. Folks need to remove their blinders. The actual lack of information in that letter is staggering. If we were getting a new instance cluster, they would have simply said so. So many things that needed to be addressed that were not.
    As for the new PVP map, well the wording says to me there looking into it, not that your for sure getting one. So to all the pvpers I would not get my hopes up just yet. They said before you'd be getting a new map & look where that went.

All I see in this letter is new carrots to dangle in front of players. The other ones have pretty much dried up.

Very excited and very very happy hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    Yeah, there are issues with it. But do you expect them to come straight out with the information? I imagine they are going to tease things for as long as possible without getting specifics. However, I do worry that they won't be coming out with an instance cluster - as instances in Osgiliath suggests epic instances (like the Shadow over Morthond, or whatever that essence run one was called) which could be done with a fellowship, but weren't difficult in the least. However, the letter did say that this is the plan for the first half of the year, and I didn't expect a raid/instance cluster to be appearing this year at all, although I was hoping to hear vague promises of a raid for early 2016 (Shelob, preferably).

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast