We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello? Goodbye?

Hello? Goodbye?

Firefoots smell of decay is getting stronger, possible server closures eh?

Or will making it a destination server renew its life! time will tell, and I am sure it will be beyond any time frame where anyone even cares! Flame on!
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Well from another post I saw lots of folks that I love to pvp with, moved on from FF to Gladen, and the moors on FF has been even worse than usual without them there so I for one am also on my way over to Gladen.

Quote Originally Posted by WeavinEvil View Post
    Well from another post I saw lots of folks that I love to pvp with, moved on from FF to Gladen, and the moors on FF has been even worse than usual without them there so I for one am also on my way over to Gladen.
    Creep or freep? Most of the ff people are still serving out their two week bans. So you won't see them for a bit.

No biggie, I doubt many of them even care about the ban with their multiple accounts in play.

I see Kev is up to his usual trolling, but in the interest of information awareness, whats the story about those bans you mention?
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    I see Kev is up to his usual trolling, but in the interest of information awareness, whats the story about those bans you mention?
    They trait exploited and received two week bans. Making certain skills god mode. Fire lore with -90% melee damage, etc. People had been one shotting creeps, craids etc. Don't think any freep on the server will have anything to do with them when they return.

Key, based on your writing style, you seem to be pleased with all this, or are trying to cause trouble.... why? Actually, don't bother, I really don't care and doubt anyone else does either, but clearly you have issues that are causing you to come across so negatively.

It seems far more likely to me that there was something wrong, bugged, or perhaps even others on the sidelines causing mischief and trying to get folks in trouble rather than anyone intentionally buffing themselves as you're claiming. This of course begs the question of you being so happy about it all, and further makes one question where you might have been on another account or maybe one of your buddies creating an issue where one didn't really exist.

In doing a bit of research on this bug (that Turbine should have fixed long long ago since it's been there for over a year now), to have a 90% firelore on a ranked LM as pictured you'd be looking at outgoing damage in excess of 200% and nobody would be taking any malee damage at 90%.... you state the freeps were getting wiped as one or two AOE's would be devastating to all, so clearly that can't be the case and further since it's clear both LM's were out of the picture and a buff was still in place, there must have been another LM nearby adding his/her two cents to the fight or, as I said and far more likely, it's yet another Turbine goof up.

I'm not saying that folks haven't used "performance enhancement", but doubt seriously that anyone in that pic would have done so intentionally in PVP.

Key, based on your writing style, you seem to be pleased with all this, or are trying to cause trouble.... why? Actually, don't bother, I really don't care and doubt anyone else does either, but clearly you have issues that are causing you to come across so negatively.

It seems far more likely to me that there was something wrong, bugged, or perhaps even others on the sidelines causing mischief and trying to get folks in trouble rather than anyone intentionally buffing themselves as you're claiming. This of course begs the question of you being so happy about it all, and further makes one question where you might have been on another account or maybe one of your buddies creating an issue where one didn't really exist.

In doing a bit of research on this bug (that Turbine should have fixed long long ago since it's been there for over a year now), to have a 90% firelore on a ranked LM as pictured you'd be looking at outgoing damage in excess of 200% and nobody would be taking any malee damage at 90%.... you state the freeps were getting wiped as one or two AOE's would be devastating to all, so clearly that can't be the case and further since it's clear both LM's were out of the picture and a buff was still in place, there must have been another LM nearby adding his/her two cents to the fight or, as I said and far more likely, it's yet another Turbine goof up.

I'm not saying that folks haven't used "performance enhancement", but doubt seriously that anyone in that pic would have done so intentionally in PVP.
    You seem to care if you've responded this long, friend. Just bothers me that people would use this exploit in pvp.

This isn't a bug that happens accidentally. You intentionally had to go out of your way and repeat it. We have those lore masters and a role player lore Master, along with one who wouldn't do that and wasn't out because of the time zone difference. So it seems the persons who did it was obvious. I wasnt there, but I believe those who were. Why would I or someone else go out of our way to try and get easy pickings banned. It sounds to me like someone has a crush or fond memories of these people and can't fathom they'd cheat.

Spiders, tactical. But believe what you will, there were no other lore masters because the creeps would have called them out and screen shot them. Just a lame thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    ...Don't think any freep on the server will have anything to do with them when they return.
    So you're say'n: "There's no Redemption for Redemption."

"...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Negative! I was just simply pointing out that there may be death, or hope depending on what happens to ff when they condense.

I will always have a max toon in lotro, no matter how many 6 mans they make to avoid ever making a real raid again.

As for these exploiters, that is deplorable, purposefully abusing any system in a game to give yourself an advantage is terrible. Off with their heads!
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Con, the great moral compass to guide those who have gone astray. I honor your service. <3

Also Redemption exploiting... could have sworn I once heard Wound say he despises cheaters and exploiters, and that he/his kin would never partake in such malpractices... gg to you guys.

Also you guys in Redemption should transfer back to Firefoot, getting rolled by a creep raid while you have -90% Fire-lore and all... Gladden too OP for you.

<3 Bammy.

12. Jan 21 2015, 03:00 AM

Don't see how it could be any worse without them on FF. They all got banned for two weeks for exploiting mostly in PVE, with some exploiting in the Moors as soon as they got to Gladden. And all they seem to do is stack lms, healing rks, and wardens, while just hugging rezzes, gv steps, or tr/lug backdoor. They certainly haven't made any worthwhile contributions to making Gladden PVMP more exciting. Every time we catch them open field they turn around and run, leaving their few unfortunate kinmates who got dismounted to die. And then they generally log after one or two wipes or flipflop to creepside. By far the worst "PVP Kinship" I've experienced to date between Gladden, Riddermark, E, and Brandy.

EDIT: AFAIK, the only two from that kin that didn't get banned for two weeks (Yow and his wife) played creep only while their entire kin was banned, and then began playing freepside only after all their buddies got unbanned, only to flop back to creepside after a wipe or two and ask innocently in Creep OOC, "Any action?"

Biggest joke of a kin, ever. You guys are welcome to take them back.

Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported-1 - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Don't see how it could be any worse without them on FF. They all got banned for two weeks for exploiting mostly in PVE, with some exploiting in the Moors as soon as they got to Gladden. And all they seem to do is stack lms, healing rks, and wardens, while just hugging rezzes, gv steps, or tr/lug backdoor. They certainly haven't made any worthwhile contributions to making Gladden PVMP more exciting. Every time we catch them open field they turn around and run, leaving their few unfortunate kinmates who got dismounted to die. And then they generally log after one or two wipes or flipflop to creepside. By far the worst "PVP Kinship" I've experienced to date between Gladden, Riddermark, E, and Brandy.

EDIT: AFAIK, the only two from that kin that didn't get banned for two weeks (Yow and his wife) played creep only while their entire kin was banned, and then began playing freepside only after all their buddies got unbanned, only to flop back to creepside after a wipe or two and ask innocently in Creep OOC, "Any action?"

^^^^ = VVVV

Well done Redemption!

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcC View Post
    ....As for these exploiters, that is deplorable, purposefully abusing any system in a game to give yourself an advantage is terrible. Off with their heads!
    Con, I just want to say...

Redemption, I just wanted say PvPing with you was kind of like this:

Well from what I saw there were just as many if not more Gladden folks running the exploits as well. So your high and mighty cries are falling on deaf ears. I spoke to them after the bans went into effect and was assured that any from FF never ran the exploit while moorsing. Believe what you want but I've known many of these folks for many years and if they say they didn't do it in the moors I believe them. One thing I can say is of any server I have ever been on Gladden has the some of the whiniest QQers I've ever seen. Both Freepside and creepside. So its easy for you to point fingers at new folks to the server but lets not forget that your own folks fell to the ban hammer as well. Even after the fix there were still folks whining about exploits that didn't exist. I guess its hard to accept you got rolled due to your own failures and easier to blame it on better players with false accusations.
    Last edited by taishi; Jan 21 2015 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Skulkins Lumpytoad Dirkens

http://redemptionff.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by taishi View Post
    Well from what I saw there were just as many if not more Gladden folks running the exploits as well. So your high and mighty cries are falling on deaf ears. I spoke to them after the bans went into effect and was assured that any from FF never ran the exploit while moorsing. Believe what you want but I've known many of these folks for many years and if they say they didn't do it in the moors I believe them. One thing I can say is of any server I have ever been on Gladden has the some of the whiniest QQers I've ever seen. Both Freepside and creepside. So its easy for you to point fingers at new folks to the server but lets not forget that your own folks fell to the ban hammer as well. Even after the fix there were still folks whining about exploits that didn't exist. I guess its hard to accept you got rolled due to your own failures and easier to blame it on better players with false accusations.
    http://i.imgur.com/uoSMLCl.jpg

Only two lms were present for that fight and they both were from the aforementioned kin.

PS: Haven't seen you on Gladden since the "fix".
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Jan 22 2015 at 07:21 AM.

I think i know two native gladden players who were banned. Rest were trasnfers... as to the lore Master thing. The only active lore masters are those, draconea, emporium and coldfell. And none of those last three were banned. So ya, screenshots don't lie. As for the QQING you fit in. I love hearing about the two burgs who tried to kill you while you were collecting logs every day you're on. Sometimes I'm on the edge of my chair wondering "oh no, did the 1v1 ganker get killed?" But then you remind me bragging of the same outcome it always is; your hips and escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    I think i know two native gladden players who were banned. Rest were trasnfers... as to the lore Master thing. The only active lore masters are those, draconea, emporium and coldfell. And none of those last three were banned. So ya, screenshots don't lie. As for the QQING you fit in. I love hearing about the two burgs who tried to kill you while you were collecting logs every day you're on. Sometimes I'm on the edge of my chair wondering "oh no, did the 1v1 ganker get killed?" But then you remind me bragging of the same outcome it always is; your hips and escape.
    To be specific, I know of a total of 4 players from Gladden that were banned, meanwhile 5/6 of VVV/Redemption were banned, accounting for roughly 20-30 players. Also, per the above pic, the only lms present are tooltipped in the screenshot. Pretty much every transfer from FF minus Yow and his wife were banned soo.....

PS: 3 out of 4 tooltips in the screenshot are dead despite the -90% melee damage. Maybe Mythicman or Goodscotsman should have stacked debuffs directed at ranged since there was only one melee in the group.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Jan 22 2015 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post

You sound like someone that is whining because you got killed in PVP land. Pretty LOL imho

Normally I wouldn't care or even respond to such accusations, but it would seem the ranting of some here has folks questioning the play integrity of me and/or Goodscotsman, as well as the whole of Redemption.

Let me be crystal clear on this single point. There was no one from Redemption using any enhancement or exploit during the pictured fight.

Clearly there was a 90% debuff in play (or somebody is really good with PhotoShop) but equally clear are two very simple facts.... if either I or Goodscotsman (conveniently the two LM's pictured), had come out to the moors with an exploit high enough to give a 90% firelore debuff, the Tactical Mastery for either one would have been nearly 300%. This translates into a SINGLE searing embers doing 20k (or more if it critted) in damage or a sticky gourd/ring of fire for 50-60k, and lightning strikes in the triple digits!
    Clearly, that wasn’t the case as that particular fight lasted a normal amount of time for the size group pictured and we (the Redemption folks) ended up getting our butts beat fair and square…. However this brings up point two.
    Through the course of that particular evening, we had noticed that occasionally there were folks following us pretty much everywhere we went. Some call them “gold taggers”, “tagalongs”, etc., but whatever you call them, it’s pretty typical, but of special note was the fact that one of these “random followers” was a Lore Master and conveniently NOT mentioned in the “official LM list” provided by the above posting “authorities”. Interestingly enough, it would seem those that followed us to that battle managed to disappear unscathed relatively soon thereafter as well.

Lastly, and to ensure no question on this, Redemption did in fact use an exploit in PVE…. Nobody, (certainly not me) was ever disputing that fact, and it is why so many in Redemption (not to mention so many other kins on this and many other servers) were banned. It had nothing to do with PVP, or anything done by Redemption in PVP.

I know there will always be those that hate just for the sake of hating (personally, that’s a huge waste of energy in my opinion) and I’m sure I’ll hear that somebody posted yet another negative statement here about Redemption, or me or GS, etc. That’s okay, I’ve said what I came to say, and folks can choose to believe what they want to believe at this point.

Regardless of what you choose, enjoy yourself, have fun, and I’ll see you on the battlefield!

MM

You know I took a good look at that pic, did you Velvet? No you didn't. Clearly you can see MM and GSM are dead. So whos casting the Ents go to War? The LM immediately behind the Ent or the LM next to him? Maybe you need to have your eyes checked out. And that buff in no way shows who casted it. You should have gotten a pic of the LM's buffs or some pics of the damage before you start accusing folks. Anyway let me know how it goes at the Eye Doctor's office.
    Skulkins Lumpytoad Dirkens

http://redemptionff.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MythicDude View Post

Clearly there was a 90% debuff in play (or somebody is really good with PhotoShop) but equally clear are two very simple facts.... if either I or Goodscotsman (conveniently the two LM's pictured), had come out to the moors with an exploit high enough to give a 90% firelore debuff, the Tactical Mastery for either one would have been nearly 300%.

MM
    You are wrong, Mythicman. There was a way to do the bug to it only effected certain skills. I won't go into details because I'm scurred of bans - but yeah.

You guys on gladden, like I said before, I feel terribly sorry for you to have to deal with such badz.

You know I took a good look at that pic, did you Velvet? No you didn't. Clearly you can see MM and GSM are dead. So whos casting the Ents go to War? The LM immediately behind the Ent or the LM next to him? Maybe you need to have your eyes checked out. And that buff in no way shows who casted it. You should have gotten a pic of the LM's buffs or some pics of the damage before you start accusing folks. Anyway let me know how it goes at the Eye Doctor's office.
    If you run out of range of the player you have the tooltip for, or they die and get rezzed, the health bar on the tooltip stays blacked out. They were the only two lms there for that fight. I know this, because I was one of the warleaders in the screenshot. Maybe you're in denial because you don't want to believe players you've played with for years would cheat in the Moors. The proof is in the screenshot.

EDIT: Just for reference, here is a screenshot I just took of Goodscotsman. I don't think my eyes need to be checked. Pretty easy to tell the LM in the photo is him.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Jan 22 2015 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicDude View Post
    Normally I wouldn't care or even respond to such accusations, but it would seem the ranting of some here has folks questioning the play integrity of me and/or Goodscotsman, as well as the whole of Redemption.

Let me be crystal clear on this single point. There was no one from Redemption using any enhancement or exploit during the pictured fight.

Clearly there was a 90% debuff in play (or somebody is really good with PhotoShop) but equally clear are two very simple facts.... if either I or Goodscotsman (conveniently the two LM's pictured), had come out to the moors with an exploit high enough to give a 90% firelore debuff, the Tactical Mastery for either one would have been nearly 300%. This translates into a SINGLE searing embers doing 20k (or more if it critted) in damage or a sticky gourd/ring of fire for 50-60k, and lightning strikes in the triple digits!
    Clearly, that wasn’t the case as that particular fight lasted a normal amount of time for the size group pictured and we (the Redemption folks) ended up getting our butts beat fair and square…. However this brings up point two.
    Through the course of that particular evening, we had noticed that occasionally there were folks following us pretty much everywhere we went. Some call them “gold taggers”, “tagalongs”, etc., but whatever you call them, it’s pretty typical, but of special note was the fact that one of these “random followers” was a Lore Master and conveniently NOT mentioned in the “official LM list” provided by the above posting “authorities”. Interestingly enough, it would seem those that followed us to that battle managed to disappear unscathed relatively soon thereafter as well.

Lastly, and to ensure no question on this, Redemption did in fact use an exploit in PVE…. Nobody, (certainly not me) was ever disputing that fact, and it is why so many in Redemption (not to mention so many other kins on this and many other servers) were banned. It had nothing to do with PVP, or anything done by Redemption in PVP.

I know there will always be those that hate just for the sake of hating (personally, that’s a huge waste of energy in my opinion) and I’m sure I’ll hear that somebody posted yet another negative statement here about Redemption, or me or GS, etc. That’s okay, I’ve said what I came to say, and folks can choose to believe what they want to believe at this point.

Regardless of what you choose, enjoy yourself, have fun, and I’ll see you on the battlefield!

MM
    No other LMs were out and about during this fight when we noticed the fire lore, or the fight before it. Just you and Goodscotsman. I'm leaning towards Goodscotsman being the culprit, because while we had fought you many times before this incident without issue, this firelore magically appears on Goodscotsman's first outing into the Moors on Gladden. The creep raid leader, the spider who noticed the debuff, and myself logged off as soon as we noticed the fire lore as we don't care to entertain exploiters and we hopped into the freep channel and talked to Brio who was leading the freep raid to address the matter, and it was determined it was just you and Goodscotsman around. So, yeah, there was certainly no third lm present.

1) I hear Conn takes it up the ###, from me.

2) Hai Balidor.

3) lollotro

4) #### it, ####s dead anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast