We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are you guys playing the same class as me?

I see all these threads and all of these posts within talking about how low beorning DPS is, how inept their survivability is, and how hunters can kill mobs before we even reach the target... So on and so forth.

Am I the only one traiting 74 points, The claw main traitline, up to call to the wild, with 31 points, 43 points in blue line leading to recuperate + 15% armour crush.

I'm holding 11-13k SUSTAINED dps over 2+ minutes on training dummies, solo, unbuffed..

In Sambrog, I often sprint in, knock down, and kill 88k mobs before the rest of the group picks a target.

>>>In PVP I can take any single creep in the game. Open challenge. <<<

2v1 r11/12/13 spiders.... The only way any two creeps can kill me is if one of them is a BA with a combination of an inc healing debuff and a VERY well timed stun. Stuns will not knock Beornings from form in 15.2, so that is going to be moot.

With 74 trait points, Claw spec, 43 in blue line up to recuperate, and the rest leading to a 4% composure, I can composure/recuperate through any t1 boss in the game.

Soloing Ost Elendil challenge, Glinghant challenge, Sambrog challenge, DN, VM, hele spiders level 100 challenge.... And countless other 3/6/12 man content.

When I link my parses after boss fights, I have wardens crying OP.

As it is right now on live, Beorning is THE top tier single target DPS.

My question is this:

What class are you playing that is so underpowered???????

The only gripe I have is that the current bullroarer build drops my single target DPS by about 2k.
    Last edited by EdalorTrailtamper; Jan 31 2015 at 08:08 AM.
    Manbeorpig 100 Beorning, Brandywine.

I've only checked the Bear threads briefly but mainly they seem to say how bad it is that all three trait trees are not perfect DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    I've only checked the Bear threads briefly but mainly they seem to say how bad it is that all three trait trees are not perfect DPS.

Yes, that's my point. It's entirely false. Beornings are top tier single target, and best class for soloing group content. Unlike warden you don't have to trait away your DPS to be invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by EdalorTrailtamper View Post

I'm holding 11-13k SUSTAINED dps over 2+ minutes on training dummies, solo, unbuffed..

Can you post some dps prases (sambrog, turtle) please? I find this hard to belive (im not playing beorning, i just want to see if what you are saying is true or you are just over exaggerating few lucky hits).
    Last edited by came11; Jan 31 2015 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EdalorTrailtamper View Post
    I see all these threads and all of these posts within talking about how low beorning DPS is, how inept their survivability is, and how hunters can kill mobs before we even reach the target... So on and so forth.

Am I the only one traiting 74 points, The claw main traitline, up to call to the wild, with 31 points, 43 points in blue line leading to recuperate + 15% armour crush.

In Sambrog, I often sprint in, knock down, and kill 88k mobs before the rest of the group picks a target.

>>>In PVP I can take any single creep in the game. Open challenge. <<<

2v1 r11/12/13 spiders.... The only way any two creeps can kill me is if one of them is a BA with a combination of an inc healing debuff and a VERY well timed stun. Stuns will not knock Beornings from form in 15.2, so that is going to be moot.

With 74 trait points, Claw spec, 43 in blue line up to recuperate, and the rest leading to a 4% composure, I can composure/recuperate through any t1 boss in the game.

Soloing Ost Elendil challenge, Glinghant challenge, Sambrog challenge, DN, VM, hele spiders level 100 challenge.... And countless other 3/6/12 man content.

My question is this:

What class are you playing that is so underpowered???????

The only gripe I have is that the current bullroarer build drops my single target DPS by about 2k.
    I'm curious can you post what traits you use for your tree?

How do you PvP with no slow?
    |Gladden|

Quote Originally Posted by Herbieman18 View Post
    I'm curious can you post what traits you use for your tree?
    Im not sure, but from his description it should be something like this:
    http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=24m

With some minor differences for soloing (to for better composure and get the knockdown).
    Last edited by Vulcwen; Jan 31 2015 at 05:57 PM.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    Im not sure, but from his description it should be something like this:
    http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=24m

With some minor differences for soloing (to for better composure and get the knockdown).
    Yes you are very close there, except I go more into composure, 3 points, to 4%, and not as many points in the debilitating bees line, and the knockdown. The other difference is I don't put 10 points into biting edge, increasing the CD and giving it a taunt. I put those points into the vitality tree, and then I put 4 points into the roar trait that gives 10% max morale during the auto crit roar.

This trait spec is just absolutely incredible.

I've gotten a lot of pushback on my opinions with Beorning DPS, not so much here, but on another thread, so yes, I'll have some SS of parses incoming.
    Last edited by EdalorTrailtamper; Feb 01 2015 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbz280291 View Post
    How do you PvP with no slow?
    As far as 1v1, it's not really an issue. In the open, With a sprint, +15% bear form fun speed, and a brain. I don't put myself in situations where I allow myself to be kited. Sometimes, I allow my health to get low so as to instill confidence, and encourage the creep to come back at me, just to be knocked down and finished.

Also, a ranged knockdown is often much better than a slow. Bear form + sprint + challenge/fear/bees. Three options for a 20 meter range knnockdown, and the fear is a defacto-slow, which is why I choose the taunt or bees, then follow it with the fear so as to be used as secondary CC

I am so glad that someone else finally notices the good things about the beorning! Most people gripe and complain because the class isn't at top tier in every aspect, although I have found that the beorning is an extremely solid class. The mounted combat can sometimes be annoying, although with the pre-mounted capabilities of the beorning, I still believe it to be a thoroughly solid class.

I have finally got to cap lvl. Low level i ran with yellow line, middle with Redline and near cap with blue trait.
    And each line are truly OP, specially Redline n Yellow. Only few trait in blue line need few change(like +10percent evade).
    There is my redline trait now:
    http://lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=2g5

Edit:
    I prefere Weakning Blow for -10percent incoming dmg instead +vitality, also +slam heal. Slow Bees rank 3 = -40percent speed run.
    This trait works well for me in PvP.
    With great club bonus which proc pretty lots of time -40 attack speed for few secs also pretty good
    Last edited by Elgrind; Mar 04 2015 at 01:22 PM.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

Just curious to what dummy you refer to!? The one in galtrev? or DA? myself have no problem doing 11k on Galtrev one but i do 6-7k dps over 2 minutes on DA one...

I top that easy with my champ doing 9k on DA one....

Its silly strong for pvp thats for sure, i dont complain at all there.

But 11-13k on anything but Galtrev dummy i dont honestly believe in until you show some screenshots...

I run maxed Beo with all tomes, Maxed weapons, Crit rating, in pure dps specc i got 70k pm atm, finess at 10-13k depending on what i want. Full gold jewellery, Pela ring with might and finesse.. Maxed in every possible way and im no where near 10k on anything but Galtrev dummy.

Ofc in instances with some aoe etc i can go above that but thats again not valid for ST dps!
    [url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s29.postimg.org/jhgasj377/image.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm not a serious enough player to measure dps or PvMP, but I feel like my bear is one of my most powerful toons. It's roughly geared to the same standards as my champ and hunter and keeps up with both in terms of how fast things die while taking a better hit than either. It could still use some fine tuning but overall I feel it was worth level-capping.

Interesting way of traiting, I went with the same idea.

I'm anxious to know if you got the new capstone & what you changed for it, if you did.

I personally got it myself.

15. Mar 16 2015, 08:13 AM

Is this build still viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Celembar View Post
    Is this build still viable?
    Well it seems to be reasonably so - the combination of Composure and Recuperate dramatically increases survivability. You just have to remember to keep Call of the Wild up as long as possible to max out your wrath generation. It's sometimes fun to see how many HOTs you can pile up at once - my record is 4.

I don't have the DPS of manbeorpig though; my bear is still a work in progress. Best execute so far is 25k, and I'd say the DPS was well below my hunter (main), champ or warden, and perhaps on a par with my captain (2nd main).

From memory my build is something like this: http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=31h
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    Just curious to what dummy you refer to!? The one in galtrev? or DA? myself have no problem doing 11k on Galtrev one but i do 6-7k dps over 2 minutes on DA one...

I top that easy with my champ doing 9k on DA one....

Its silly strong for pvp thats for sure, i dont complain at all there.

But 11-13k on anything but Galtrev dummy i dont honestly believe in until you show some screenshots...

I run maxed Beo with all tomes, Maxed weapons, Crit rating, in pure dps specc i got 70k pm atm, finess at 10-13k depending on what i want. Full gold jewellery, Pela ring with might and finesse.. Maxed in every possible way and im no where near 10k on anything but Galtrev dummy.

Ofc in instances with some aoe etc i can go above that but thats again not valid for ST dps!

tried it several times on filikul pure might build (20 supreme might 3Xcrit rating 1Xfinesse) (24k morale 60k physical mastery capped crit 12k finesse) without recuperate (lowers dps)
    ended with 4k-5k dps (depends on free executes) and died after ~600k damage (virtues still sucks ~10 instead of 19 missing survivability to kill filikul)

->nothing special or overpowered if you compare it to guards or wardens for heals and dps

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Well it seems to be reasonably so - the combination of Composure and Recuperate dramatically increases survivability. You just have to remember to keep Call of the Wild up as long as possible to max out your wrath generation. It's sometimes fun to see how many HOTs you can pile up at once - my record is 4.

I don't have the DPS of manbeorpig though; my bear is still a work in progress. Best execute so far is 25k, and I'd say the DPS was well below my hunter (main), champ or warden, and perhaps on a par with my captain (2nd main).

From memory my build is something like this: http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=31h
    Looks like I have to grind 74 trait points then -.-

I find when I trait blue as a leveling bear I can solo anything. I have soloed master elite landscape named mobs that were 5 levels higher than me just by using bleeds, recuperate and hearten. The fact that blue trait has infinite heals really breaks symmetry. All other classes will at some point be stuck in a loop of having to regen power, no such worry for me.

The DPS tree I find the most lackluster, but with limited class trait slots so far I have been unable to get the good wrath building from blue tree to combine with thrash damage from red line.

After gearing up my Beorning to test this 11-13k sustained DPS and how Wardens cry OP I have to say it's not looking good.

I recently done a test on a DA Dummy and was barely getting over 8k Sustained DPS, maybe on a Galtrev Dummy but there is no point in using those for tests.

I also done a Turtle parse and just managed to get over 6k DPS which is not even half of my Wardens 13k-15k parses.

I have a solid rotation and a solid build, the only other explanation I have is that nerfing beornings Execute changed it but with imbued LI's which IMO balances out the nerf it's unlikely.

honestly in terms of pvp beorning is a very strong class but in terms of pve its not that good as other classes do a better job, however id imagine 1 beorning traited for armour crush +15% inc damage and the slam -10% inc damage debuff (which both stack with other debuffs) could be useful in group situations as they can still mantain high dps with decent survivibility so its not completely useless but in most cases its not that useful in pve. i have however tanked some instances on mine so is a nice back if u cant get a tank but the beornign would need to know what they are doing as taunt range is terrible. so not completely useless in pve, theres just better options.

Quote Originally Posted by CornWollis View Post
    After gearing up my Beorning to test this 11-13k sustained DPS and how Wardens cry OP I have to say it's not looking good.

I recently done a test on a DA Dummy and was barely getting over 8k Sustained DPS, maybe on a Galtrev Dummy but there is no point in using those for tests.

I also done a Turtle parse and just managed to get over 6k DPS which is not even half of my Wardens 13k-15k parses.

I have a solid rotation and a solid build, the only other explanation I have is that nerfing beornings Execute changed it but with imbued LI's which IMO balances out the nerf it's unlikely.
    Can you please show your essences and other equipment? I wonder how did you get 70k physical mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by den2011301 View Post
    Can you please show your essences and other equipment? I wonder how did you get 70k physical mastery?
    I am on my phone at the moment but the essences I use are 1x supreme critical rating, 23x supreme might and 3x supreme tactical mitigations (with bracelet included) that stacked with agility and might tomes gives me that physical mastery. Also I have both might and agility legacies on both my LIs.

Because you get physical mastery from both might and agility similar to a Warden you can get massive amounts of physical mastery I am still yet to hit the 80k cap like I have on my Warden, I think the closest I have got unbuffed is 76k-77k when I swap out the tactical mitigation essences.
    Last edited by CornWollis; Jul 20 2015 at 06:20 AM.

I am on my phone at the moment but the essences I use are 1x supreme critical rating, 23x supreme might and 3x supreme tactical mitigations (with bracelet included) that stacked with agility and might tomes gives me that physical mastery. Also I have both might and agility legacies on both my LIs.

Because you get physical mastery from both might and agility similar to a Warden you can get massive amounts of physical mastery I am still yet to hit the 80k cap like I have on my Warden, I think the closest I have got unbuffed is 76k-77k when I swap out the tactical mitigation essences.
    Well, i see. As to my jewelry, i use x6 critical essences on my necklace and bracelet and x3 phys. mastery on my second bracelet. But now i'm thinking about supreme might essences instead of physical mastery. Thank you for sharing your build.

It looks like your rotation isn't nearly as 'solid' as you think it is...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast