We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PvMP Finesse, Ocr-craft Mitigation and Critical Defence

What are most Guardians running for Finesse, Orc-craft mitigation and Critical Defence in the Ettenmoors?
    Also, what is the cap for Orc-craft mitigation?

I believe that I am running with 31.3% Finesse, 55.7% Orc-craft mitigation and around 55% Critical Defence.

Orc-craft has to be overcapped by 1.6k at least. You can check your mitigation rating when hovering your mouse over phys mit - that'll show the rating, just above the percentage. Aim for about 18000. Finesse at 20% is more than enough, especially for guards. Critical Defence is no use above 48-50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Orc-craft has to be overcapped by 1.6k at least. You can check your mitigation rating when hovering your mouse over phys mit - that'll show the rating, just above the percentage. Aim for about 18000. Finesse at 20% is more than enough, especially for guards. Critical Defence is no use above 48-50%.
    Against high-ranking creeps will 20% Finesse really be enough?

For the 18000, my rating is 14288 (55.7%) so I guess I should get my Orc-craft mitigation higher.

I'm currently running with 16% Incoming Healing so if I drop my Incoming Healing to 10.8% I can pretty much get that 18000 Orc-craft mitigation points.

I am running 30.5% Finesse which I thought was important, so technically I could take from there instead, but.. I just have this feeling that more of my attacks may get BPE'd.

However, I could try running with lower Finesse for a day and compare the results if you think that the difference between 20% and 30% Finesse is not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by thatabguy View Post
    Against high-ranking creeps will 20% Finesse really be enough?

For the 18000, my rating is 14288 (55.7%) so I guess I should get my Orc-craft mitigation higher.

I'm currently running with 16% Incoming Healing so if I drop my Incoming Healing to 10.8% I can pretty much get that 18000 Orc-craft mitigation points.

I am running 30.5% Finesse which I thought was important, so technically I could take from there instead, but.. I just have this feeling that more of my attacks may get BPE'd.

However, I could try running with lower Finesse for a day and compare the results if you think that the difference between 20% and 30% Finesse is not worth it.
    Finesse is not worth it because your main damage comes from Prey on the Weak and Bleeds. Both cannot be avoided (can't recall seeing a resisted bleed, ever, but correct me if I'm wrong). Incoming healing is really inferior to extra mits.
    Why 18k? Because Sundering Blow (Reaver skill) has a 600% uptime. It debuffs your OC mits by about 1.6k, so you'll want to be capped even with that debuff on you.

Finesse is not worth it because your main damage comes from Prey on the Weak and Bleeds. Both cannot be avoided (can't recall seeing a resisted bleed, ever, but correct me if I'm wrong). Incoming healing is really inferior to extra mits.
    Why 18k? Because Sundering Blow (Reaver skill) has a 600% uptime. It debuffs your OC mits by about 1.6k, so you'll want to be capped even with that debuff on you.
    You're definitely correct on the Tier 10 Bleeds, although to refresh a bleed which will proc Prey on the Weak you do need to hit them with either a melee or tactical skill. So I guess for maximizing your Prey on the Weak and also sneaking in that crucial finishing blow of Overwhelm then Finesse can still play a role. I'm mostly open field solo so I don't benefit as much from AoE attacks and Radiate. I'm weakest against Weavers and BA's since they're range and can slow 'n kite; and Weavers are just non-stop puking green poisons and debuffs on me.

I'm not sure that I understand what you said about Sundering Blow, don't you mean a 100% uptime, how can a skill be more than 100% effective? Either-way I do understand what you said about creeps being able to lower my mitigations which I was just thinking of hitting cap and nothing more, so thank-you there. I'll add an extra two essences of Physical Mitigation to my build and drop two essences of Incoming Healing.

With the modifications that I have planned I should be able to break 30K morale, increase my Critical Hit Chance, Finesse and over-cap my Orc-craft mitigation. All at the cost of losing a little bit of Physical Mastery and the larger cost of losing around 10% Incoming Healing, which concerns me a little but I'll see how that affects me.

With the modifications that I have planned I should be able to break 30K morale, increase my Critical Hit Chance, Finesse and over-cap my Orc-craft mitigation. All at the cost of losing a little bit of Physical Mastery and the larger cost of losing around 10% Incoming Healing, which concerns me a little but I'll see how that affects me.
    Doesn't sound too bad. I run with capped Orc craft and Tactical mitigations, capped Critical chance, 50.1% Critical defence (You don't need anymore than 50%) 28.7% finesse and 14.5% incoming healing a long with 31k moral unbuffed (with Rank 14 BFP), and this build works perfectly for me in open field and spars. I don't think Physical Mastery and incoming healing is that much of an importance in pvp as a Guardian, but that is just my opinion.
    Jcwulf Rank 14 Guardian | Coulton Rank 13 Hunter
    Maffoid Rank 12 Reaver

With the help of Giliodor in-game I was able to tweak my PvMP build as follows (with room for improvement via upgrading to Supremes);

Rank 9

Morale: 31,331
    Critical Rating: 23.9%
    Finesse: 24.3%
    Physical Mastery: 53,709 (149%) <-- 2 Outposts
    Resistance: 25%
    Critical Defence: 50.7%
    Incoming Healing: 5%
    Parry: 25%
    Physical Mitigation: 60%
    Orc-craft Mitigation: 18,063 (60%)
    Tactical Mitigation: 16,361 (59.5%) <-- this will improve once I upgrade my Greater essences to Supremes

Thanks again Giliodor! Sometimes you just need a another set of eyes to make the jigsaw puzzle come together. Now I can stop wasting Essence Reclamation Scrolls.

With the help of Giliodor in-game I was able to tweak my PvMP build as follows (with room for improvement via upgrading to Supremes);

Rank 9

Morale: 31,331
    Critical Rating: 23.9%
    Finesse: 24.3%
    Physical Mastery: 53,709 (149%) <-- 2 Outposts
    Resistance: 25%
    Critical Defence: 50.7%
    Incoming Healing: 5%
    Parry: 25%
    Physical Mitigation: 60%
    Orc-craft Mitigation: 18,063 (60%)
    Tactical Mitigation: 16,361 (59.5%) <-- this will improve once I upgrade my Greater essences to Supremes

Thanks again Giliodor! Sometimes you just need a another set of eyes to make the jigsaw puzzle come together. Now I can stop wasting Essence Reclamation Scrolls.
    Nice stats, how much audacity do you have ?

LAURELIN
    YORRI GUARDIAN R13

BRANDYWINE
    YORRIE GUARDIAN R12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCe-Rv-rHA

Quote Originally Posted by yorrie View Post
    Nice stats, how much audacity do you have ?
    Oh I'm a baller with a whopping 1 Audacity; the stats on the Ettenmoors gear are just so bad though. I've been spending my commendations on acquiring the entire sets of both the Fearless and Sovereign Blade moors sets. Eventually I will see if it's possible to get comparable stats to my own using 4 Aud 2 Ess but I doubt it. I currently own the helm, boots, chest and gloves of each set.

What you can try is:
    Sovereign Blade Helm & Gloves
    Fearless Armour & Shoulders
    Boots with 3 Supreme Mit and 1 of a stat you're lacking (crit defence?)
    Legs with 3 Supreme Mit and 1 morale
    All gold DPS pieces
    Teal BB earring with crit mastery morale
    Teal BB bracelet with Finesse and crit
    Gold Pelargir ring (vit/tact mit) with crit rating.

This should put you on:
    15k finesse
    Capped crit
    45k unbuffed mastery
    10k crit defence
    Overcapped mits (if you have maxed virtues: Zeal, Innocence, Compassion, Fidelity, Charity/Discipline)
    Not sure about morale, since I use this setup on a champ, not guard. I think you'd be looking at a solid 27k in PvE-land, though.

What you can try is:
    Sovereign Blade Helm & Gloves
    Fearless Armour & Shoulders
    Boots with 3 Supreme Mit and 1 of a stat you're lacking (crit defence?)
    Legs with 3 Supreme Mit and 1 morale
    All gold DPS pieces
    Teal BB earring with crit mastery morale
    Teal BB bracelet with Finesse and crit
    Gold Pelargir ring (vit/tact mit) with crit rating.

This should put you on:
    15k finesse
    Capped crit
    45k unbuffed mastery
    10k crit defence
    Overcapped mits (if you have maxed virtues: Zeal, Innocence, Compassion, Fidelity, Charity/Discipline)
    Not sure about morale, since I use this setup on a champ, not guard. I think you'd be looking at a solid 27k in PvE-land, though.
    Thanks Giliodor! I will be referring people to your post reply as it is bound to be an extremely helpful post for many people.

I'll have to decide to either spend the $$$ on Supremes or get the Amroth pieces and hope to crit on the recipe. I think you get get about 60 a day from TC dailies, fishing quest, and warbands. Crit/TactMit/PhysMit supremes are going for about 200G each on Brandy.

LAURELIN
    YORRI GUARDIAN R13

BRANDYWINE
    YORRIE GUARDIAN R12

Thanks so much Yorrie. I've been having fellow Guardians starting to ask me about PvP builds and I think that I am going to refer them to watch your video.

2 OPS and no consumable buffs on.

My current build with 4 Moors 2 Ess. Could be better but I don't have the heart to grind any further for 1-3% gains.
    Deviled_Egg - Of course we troll players... we put 'em in the game all the time. HEYO
    Brandy - R11 Grd Olyvah Cromwell, R9 Burg Olivah Twist, R9 Rk Clickbait, R9 Warg Jilted Lover Landy - R9 Rvr Noshow R7 Warg Skitles R6 WL Homeland

Hello,fellow guards.
    This is my build with 2 OP's in the moors.
    I use this roaming solo and 1v1s.

Mits are capped,oc/fw 16.8k,crit rating at cap,crit def at 52,6%,finesse at 26,2%.,inc healing at 17,2%,resistance at 24,3% and parry at 19,5%.
    Virtues:Zeal-Innocence-Charity-Compassion-Fidelity all r19.
    R12 spider Gosmith,R12 guard Gosmithh

Quote Originally Posted by Sakoals View Post
    Hello,fellow guards.

Mits are capped,oc/fw 16.8k,crit rating at cap,crit def at 52,6%,finesse at 26,2%.,inc healing at 17,2%,resistance at 24,3% and parry at 19,5%.
    Funny... That's exactly the build I meant Other than your aud piece choices. Not the best choices, leggings have very poor stats.

Funny... That's exactly the build I meant Other than your aud piece choices. Not the best choices, leggings have very poor stats.
    Yeah,when i read your post i thought that you were looking at my guard i choose leggins than helm to cap crit rating.Its easier to cap it using 2 pieces from two sets but i dont want to lose the stagger bonus.

Thank-you very much to all of the PvMP gear builds contributed by various Guardians, that was very generous of all of you! As previously mentioned I have been starting to get fellow Guardians asking me about PvMP builds (I am more of a PvE survivalist that applied what I know in the moors) and I honestly feel this thread with your builds is the correct direction to point them towards. Just want to let you know that you are helping out Guardians seeking to either venture out into the Ettenmoors or improve their existing builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakoals View Post
    Hello,fellow guards.

Sakoals - I am wondering if you could show your stats (morale and PM) outside of the moors so I can get an idea of how my builds might compare more easily (I am only rank 5, and with OP's fluxing it makes it easier to compare outside of moors) I like the above numbers and the fact that you have that with 13? Audacity, wondering how these numbers compare to a 2 piece audacity / 4 piece essence or 6 piece essence build. I currently have 2 Audacity pieces, and I probably need a couple more audacity pieces and a couple more essence pieces (and essences!) to get all these options.

Here goes.. I decided to try a 4 Aud 2 Ess build thanks to the Guardians who posted above.

Rank 9

Morale: 28,093
    Critical Rating: 23.7% (lower than I'd like)
    Finesse: 26.9%
    Phys.Mast.: 51,967 (2 OP)
    Resistance: 27.1%
    Critical Defence: 49.1%
    Orc-craft Mtg.: 17,372
    Tactical: 58.9%

So my Audacity build is actually very comparable to my full Essence build except that I lose around 3K morale. However I should be taking 4% less damage and be crowd-controlled for 14% less.

Here goes.. I decided to try a 4 Aud 2 Ess build thanks to the Guardians who posted above.

Rank 9

So my Audacity build is actually very comparable to my full Essence build except that I lose around 3K morale. However I should be taking 4% less damage and be crowd-controlled for 14% less.
    Nice one you should see the difference now, you really need to go for 16 audacity, finesse and resistance doesn't need to be that high to be honest.

LAURELIN
    YORRI GUARDIAN R13

BRANDYWINE
    YORRIE GUARDIAN R12

Rank 9

Much better than your previous build posted . You should be seeing a difference in survivabitlity and CC.
    I also run 4 auda 2 essence. Here are my stats:
    Hope token and rank 11 buff with 2 blue OPs

Morale: 30.4k
    Crit : capped 25%
    Phys mastery : 54.6k
    Resistance : 23%
    Crid def : 52%
    OC/FW mits: slightly over capped
    tact mit: capped

I put all mits and 1 finesse on my 2 essence pieces, I recovered the lost crit def by adding the crit def increases on to my LIs so +2.5k crit def.
    All virtues are for dps...
    Fangorn cloak <---How I cap crit
    Hope it helps

Edit/ Finesse : 28.3%

Quote Originally Posted by yorrie View Post
    Nice one you should see the difference now, you really need to go for 16 audacity, finesse and resistance doesn't need to be that high to be honest.
    I agree resist doesn't need to be that high, but no harm I guess.
    I disagree, your finesse should be above 25% Otherwise you WILL get BPE'd on mysteriously all your important skills
    Also, Im not sure but does finesse affect miss chance?

^^^against high ranked creeps

Quote Originally Posted by mattspencer View Post
    Sakoals - I am wondering if you could show your stats (morale and PM) outside of the moors so I can get an idea of how my builds might compare more easily (I am only rank 5, and with OP's fluxing it makes it easier to compare outside of moors) I like the above numbers and the fact that you have that with 13? Audacity, wondering how these numbers compare to a 2 piece audacity / 4 piece essence or 6 piece essence build. I currently have 2 Audacity pieces, and I probably need a couple more audacity pieces and a couple more essence pieces (and essences!) to get all these options.
    My morale is 26.429 and my ph mast is 44.447

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast