We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Post My ideas ...

I take advantage of this place to expose my ideas on the new system and the things that could be improved.
    Improvements:

First of all, decrease the cost of Mitril coin at least 25 for the level of 80-50 legasy and the cost of a new legasy.
    It's sad to think that only the weapons level 100 can be transformed with the new system ... the idea is not to make the weapon persistent growing with tea? because then you will get 50 amra could not become our weapon forever? ... there would not be bad ...
    But this would mean that all the windows of Remembrance the Sar-Lit cristal scrolls etc ... must be universal ... in addition must have a droppo 10% in instances but if you want to take the skirmisc:

Cristal of Remembrance, 3800 Mark, 850 Medalions, 50 Seals
    Star-Lit Cristal, 2500 Mark, 540 Medalions, 50 Seals
    Scrol of Empowerment, 1500 Mark, 520 Medalions, 20 Seals
    Scrol of Delving, 1200 Mark, 410 Medalios, 20 Seals

My one and only idea ... but at least I think we'll all be happy and in addition does not make it prohibitive to build the weapon.
    Another my idea and this ... because the weapon will always be the same ... why not change the appearance at will ... go ... honestly not isete a little tired of having the same look of the weapon they all? it would not be nice to have something rather similar to War steed that pui select ... so you could launch a line of cosmetic in the store ... or weapons droppabili in order to use as a cosmetic ... or sets Weapons festivals Theme type ... a weapon set winter ... etc ... well the idea would be nice ... but maybe it requires too many resources and yet ... it would not hurt.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Two other points i have seen in a number of other posts, with my own thoughts on how they could be done.

1) Since we are keeping these weapons for life (theoretically), come up with some sort of "passive stat replacement scroll" so we can finally customize the passive stats on 2h weapons. A good potential way to do it would be if you decon a 2h at a certain item level (say 50) you get the passive stat replacement scroll. Additionally make it so the scroll can only be used on the same or lesser age weapon (ie if you want to replace a FA passive you need to decon a FA weapon). This way we get a relatively simple way to customize our weapons, but still keep some process/cost in there (after all since these weapons last the rest of our game life it shouldn't be completely automatic).

2) There are currently issues with weapons that have both tact damage rating and base dps (lm staves) where the legacy effects the tact damage but there is no mechanic for increasing that base dps over future level increases. A simple fix for this would be to have legacies for both (with dps following the curve of other 2h weapons) but simply tie the tier of dps to that of tact damage rating. This way you still only have to pay the cost of increasing one "damage" legacy for the weapon but still get a comparable weapon in all aspects for the future.

Majors vs. Minors

Wouldn't it be better to change all the legacies that can't grow indefinitely to be minors, and have all the ones that will continue to grow with us to be majors?

Of course going through each class and their legacies and deciding how to rearrange them wouldn't be easy, but probably would be better than the currently proposed game breaking system.

1) upon imbuement, i DON'T like the idea that i'm starting over from scratch (ie, all my legacies are reset to level 1) if i imbue a maxxed out LI, the IXP already applied to my LI should be carried over and applied to my imbued LI

2) i disagree with the notion that a third age should have a lower cap than a first age. we're talking about legendary items here. the goal is to use ONE legendary forever (per slot of course), and not have to replace it, ever. if first age LI is always more powerful than a third age LI, that defeats the purpose of imbuement, because i have to start all over again when i get a first age symbol. that also means i want every single penny i've ever spent in the LOTRO store on LI upgrades refunded, because it was all wasted on a LI that i can't upgrade to be the best first age LI that i can use.

compromise for 2) very very simple, make it so second age and first age symbols have to be applied to the LI, like a star lit crystal. if you want the full power unlock, apply the symbol. i would be okay with that. if the max tier DPS is say, 20, then you need to apply a first age symbol to unlock the last tier. a second age symbol would be required to unlock the second to last tier.

now, i'd also be totally okay with all first / second age symbols (from Moria all the way up to Gondor / Mordor ) being treated the same. it wouldn't matter if you got the symbol in Moria or Gondor, if you got one, you could still use it to unlock the second to last, and last tiers of the LI.

from a role playing perspective, your character doesn't know what age the legendary item came from anyway. it's simply assumed it came from the third age until the character realizes it's from an earlier age, and has it reforged by the LI forgeman NPC.

from a community perspective, players always discriminate against other players for having sub-optimal gear, so why not remove the incentive for that discrimination by allowing everybody easy enough access to upgrade their LI? that's part of what imbuement does, by giving everybody the same hard cap on their LIs. i would almost argue that anyone who argues that third agers should never be able to become first agers, is really discriminating against the rest of us. and to them i would say: you already discriminate against the rest of us with essence gear checks, so let us have the LIs.

it's already bad enough that i have to grind out reputation with every faction on every character if i want to craft the best craftable gear for my toons, and it's really bad that i feel this game is so NOT alt friendly that i haven't touched my alts since level 75. Imbuement is seriously, the ONE main thing i've been looking forward to in LOTRO for a long time. (and entering Minis Tirith.) don't screw this up for me, please.
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 105 Champion | Avornial - 120 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 140 HUNTER | Taeran - 120 RuneKeeper
    Founder - Lifetimer

There are only rating and stat legacies to upgrade each level-cap.
    There is only DPS\class item main stat to upgrade each level-cap.
    May be, you should remove stat and rating legacies (replace with %s last ones)?
    So, the new type LI will upgrade with every new character level - only main stat of LI.

As an example... Going in newly created "imbued" way you will get in future:
    -3000 s cooldown of %skill_name%.
    +3000% damage from %skill_name%.
    +200 AoE targets of %skill_name%.

etc...
    Retired minstrel. Honorary member of Portal kinship, Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by Malathran View Post
    Two other points i have seen in a number of other posts, with my own thoughts on how they could be done.

1) Since we are keeping these weapons for life (theoretically), come up with some sort of "passive stat replacement scroll" so we can finally customize the passive stats on 2h weapons. A good potential way to do it would be if you decon a 2h at a certain item level (say 50) you get the passive stat replacement scroll. Additionally make it so the scroll can only be used on the same or lesser age weapon (ie if you want to replace a FA passive you need to decon a FA weapon). This way we get a relatively simple way to customize our weapons, but still keep some process/cost in there (after all since these weapons last the rest of our game life it shouldn't be completely automatic).

2) There are currently issues with weapons that have both tact damage rating and base dps (lm staves) where the legacy effects the tact damage but there is no mechanic for increasing that base dps over future level increases. A simple fix for this would be to have legacies for both (with dps following the curve of other 2h weapons) but simply tie the tier of dps to that of tact damage rating. This way you still only have to pay the cost of increasing one "damage" legacy for the weapon but still get a comparable weapon in all aspects for the future.
    I find it a wonderful idea..una stuff like the view in another MMO and is an object that allows you to virtually rerol the base stats of a weapon, though I agree with tea. It could also be an object drobba instances restricted for amri 2 hands ... but now that I think ... it would not hurt to have a similar item for weapons like the Craving of beorning book Minstrel or scacca rune kiper? would have the same effect but would be used only for those objects, so there could be two objects:

Rerolling cristal of Great Weapons:
    Rerol the stat of a Two-Handed Weapon (restriction: Captain, Guardian, Champion, Beorning)

Rerolling cristal Winsom of Lore:
    Rerol the stat of a Legendary item Calss
    (Restriction: Captain, Guardian, Champion, Beorning, Lore Master, Rune Keaper, Minstrel, Bulgar)

When using this object as for legasi should see a window with a list of stat you want to put ... in doing so each one can choose what you want.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Overall, yesterday's livestream addressed and answered most of my questions regarding imbuing. I do still have a few concerns.

1. The drop rate for the stuff that enhances our LIs, specifically this new scroll to change legacies on imbued items. I hope this thing is fairly easy to obtain because that's going to be major. With a lot of legacies being changed in the new update, we may easily end up with a legacy we have no intention of using upon imbuement. If on top of that, players have to either grind like crazy or pay a rather steep amount of mithril coins to change their undesired, forced-upon-them legacy to something they would actually like to use, that is not going to be pleasant for the player.

2. Somewhat related, when there is a legacy that is going to be changed upon imbuement, just have it leave an empty slot to be filled with the player's choice. It won't feel nearly as forced.

3. The UI is seriously tacky. Mithril coins all over the place. The store is convenient, I get it and am perfectly capable of using the store should I choose to do so, without the icons being all over the place.

4. I brought this up in a different thread, and others have as well. Please allow us to rename our LI if we are going to keep them forever. Even a one-time option works, ideally have the ability to repeatedly do so using the Forgemaster.

5. The cost of Scrolls of Empowerment. You mentioned in the livestream that none of that is finalized and you would continue to monitor feedback. So I reiterate: the cost of Scrolls of Empowerment is too high considering the amount of scrolls that will be needed to fully flesh out even one LI. I don't expect to go out on day one and have the best LI possible, but this is disheartening, especially for someone with alts. So, whether the price per scroll is lowered, more alternate ways (such as drops) happen, or the amount of scrolls needed diminishes, something really needs to give here in order to make this change palatable.

I really like the new system, but i think there is some room to grow.

Gerneral:
    1) Don´t change legancies between post and pre imbuement. If a legancy don´t fit the new system, change it, because keeping old stuff around just hurts more on the long run.
    If the dual-type legancies really work, use them more, or make the going away legancies traits, traitline bonusses or baseline to the skills.

2) Remove some legancies completly and make the bonusses of them baseline instead of replacing them with things no one wants (eg. Champion: +power restore True Heroics)

3) Never mind, the new patchnotes just make me say: thanks.

4) Add a way to change the passive stats on class items and two-handed weapons. Best would be just let the forgemaster do it for some shards and let us pick what we want. And remove this rng nonsense of different value in this stats. Tie them directly to the Itemlevel (and maybe age, see next); eg base stat level times 9 or 10 (would be 90 or 100 for a level 100 two-handed weapon, is 87 right now).

5) Add a craftable "power Up" for legendary Items, that change the level and age of a LI. The Items need the same as a new crafted LI and came on the same levels/Crafting tiers (level 60, 65, 75, 85, 95, 100 ... 105?), second and first age upgrades need the suitable Cele/King symbol (so no 1st age upgrade for level 60). The level determ the hardcaps of the stats, the age may or may not determ the base DPS.
    This way a) a weapon can really grow with us, b) can´t be maxed out with the cheapest scrolls, and c) crafting doesn´t feel redundant with imbuing lowlevel LI.

Just Champion things:
    1) Sudden Defence and power restore of Second Wind is a trage combination. Marge Sudden Defence Cooldown and Bubble Magnitude to a single legancy, all other bubbles are long gone. Make ist reduce the cd until -15 seconds is reached and then increase the bubble power, the bubble has already become very weak because of bad scaling.
    Make Second Wind Power Restore a new legency, but please replace the blue trait with something else then, fells useless to have both.

2) Horn stun duration: just remove it, it fells out of place to have a legancy that is tied to a consumable. Increase the base stun of the consumable.

3) Dire Need legancy. Just no. Right now we need the whole 40 rangs to get the 1 min CD back, and someday added ranks will increase the power cost? It already consums 30% of our power, what happens, when it reaches 101%? Plaese swap the trait and the legancy, let the legancy gives +X% heal from Dire Need (the trait gives +200% right now) and make the trait reduce the CD by 1 min.

4) Fear Nothing CD. Someone wrote a suggestion, to keep the new legancy and make Fear Nothing remove 2 debuffs with a fixed 15 sek cd. I really like this idea, i personally wouldn´t even mind if the + 2 fevor pips are removed for this change.

5) Adamant duration: please increase to 15 seconds baseline. It is not a strong CD and this way is easier then tieing it to a legancy. The Unbreakable Damage legancy is very welcome, and both skills are exclusive to blue, so no balancing issue for other lines.

6) Fight on: reduce CD to 2 min, increase duration to 30 seconds (+5 pulse), remove the legancy and the ability of this skill to crit all together.

7) Sprint: reduce CD to 2 min, make the trait increase the duration by 10 or 15 seconds in total and keep the new legancy of evade rating or make it +physical mastery.

8) Ferious Strike: simply reduce the base cd.

9) True Heroics +Power restoration: bad, baaad, baaaaad. Sorry, i try to stay nice, but this is just useless.

PS: english is not my native language, but i hope the text is still understandable.
    Last edited by Ubrot; Apr 10 2015 at 12:51 PM.
    Das Ubrot - füttert Enten auch unter Wasser.

Thundertrain is offline Silently Judging Your Spelling and Grammar
    I'm going to leave the cost of maxing out and changing legacies alone at this point. In theory, I like a lot about the way the new system operates. However, I would like to address one point that I know the devs say is being looked at, and make some suggestions.

Cosmetic Changes to LI's

The cosmetic system of LOTRO is honestly one of my favorite parts of the game. The outfit options, along with the dye system, make it easy to personalize your character. However, the LI weapons have fallen short of this. We had a system in place previously that forced one to change the design of an LI weapon every ten levels if you wanted to do enough damage to keep up with game content. (I know there are people who play with lvl 65 LI's for the challenge...not my point.) Not only did this force people to have a different look to their weapons, but also forced the artists to design new weapons every time a major update was released. Why not take advantage of the weapon designs that already exist in the game? There are a few "elven-looking" swords and daggers that I know plenty of people who play elf characters would love to keep. I know some of the LM's would like their staff to just be a staff, instead of having some giant object on the end of it. My suggestion is this:

Either during crafting (when the item is originally made), reforging (pre-imbuement), or when we imbue the item, give us the ability to choose from the weapon designs that already exist for that weapon type. (e.g. - one-handed swords could choose from one-handed sword designs.) This would give people the ability to make the weapon they feel best suits their character and class, as well as taking some work off the artists that have plenty of other things to design. This way, the weapon we will likely be using for the rest of the game will be as close to what we want as possible.

-Thundertrain
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

champion rune comparison - beta -vs- live

I will updating this post as I test different kits.

NOTE:
    Incoming Healing Rating passive is higher on live.

re: the changes to the tiers of the legacies in the new build..

What was the reason to drop the legacy tiers to 35 from 40?

I'd have much preferred you lower the prices then reduce the output on the weapons.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Padraic View Post
    I will updating this post as I test different kits.

NOTE:
    Incoming Healing Rating passive is higher on live.
    í already #bug it in the first build. The +inc healing don´t scale after Rang 9, all ranks after that add nothing and the +inc healing stays at +3200.
    Das Ubrot - füttert Enten auch unter Wasser.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    re: the changes to the tiers of the legacies in the new build..

What was the reason to drop the legacy tiers to 35 from 40?

I'd have much preferred you lower the prices then reduce the output on the weapons.
    I haven't checked to see what affect this will have on "currently" maxed out ILIs, but it might be to allow for more room to grow in the future. For example, maybe at U17 they'll increase it to 40.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I haven't checked to see what affect this will have on "currently" maxed out ILIs, but it might be to allow for more room to grow in the future. For example, maybe at U17 they'll increase it to 40.
    Your current fully maxed out LI upon imbuement starts at level 33.
    And is only marginally better then the original un-imbued LI.
    Adding only 2 attainable unlockable levels per legacy is rather pointless as far as stats go, it's a very minor bump up and hardly worth the effort of trying to max it.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Adding only 2 attainable unlockable levels per legacy is rather pointless as far as stats go, it's a very minor bump up and hardly worth the effort of trying to max it.
    Yeah, then I'm not sure either. Since the notes said "based on feedback" it sounded as though players were asking for fewer levels, but I agree. It would be nice if an imbued LI was significantly more powerful at level 100 than a normal LI at level 100. Otherwise, why bother imbuing, at least until the next level cap increase (if we ever get one).
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Feedback on General Imbued LI Changes/Champion Legacies (Beta 2)

Thoughts on General Imbued LI Changes:

• Reduction of maximum class legacy tiers from 40 to 35: Rank 40 came across as pretty strong IMHO, and having class legacies cap out at a lower rank seems best to start with when having future updates and cap increases in mind. However, I am also noticing that (at least for Champions) at least some class legacies are nearly at their previous value when maxed out at 40, this time at rank 35 (presumably from gaining more potency per tier in this Bullroarer build) -- I would reduce this a bit, personally. Other than that, my feedback on Champion legacies and progression through ranks is the same as my feedback from Beta 1, unless otherwise noted below.
    • Increase of maximum DPS/HPS legacy tiers from 20 to 25: While this certainly allows for further growth on a Legendary Item in this aspect, the DPS ratings are getting very strong as-is compared to Live. I'm not sure if this is a good idea to start with.

With that said, I think Imbued Legendary Items would be further improved by the following:

• Remove ability to use IXP runes on Imbued Legendary Items: With the multiple sources of substantial IXP runes available to us other than deconstructing leveled Legendary Items (ie. one of the barter NPCs in Dol Amroth), a properly-prepared player could have Imbued Legendary Items capped out right after Update 16 goes Live (further exacerbated by the reduction of class legacy tier caps from 40 to 35). Personally, I think this would increase the longevity of this system, particularly between updates to the game -- combined with IXP earned as a reward for completing quests (which I would also make sure to add to instance quests as a reward if not already present, including Challenge quests as an additional reward for completing them) and killing mobs on landscape and otherwise, it would allow for a natural progression on Imbued Legendary Items as new updates are released IMHO. As for increasing IXP earned to speed things up, I think the XP boosts already available ingame as items, through spending Destiny Points, and in the LOTRO Store would serve that role well.
    • Add both normal and unlockable legacy tiers with each increase to the cap: I personally think the Imbued Legendary Item system will feel more like a grind instead of a natural progression if future increases to the legacy tier cap were only able to be acquired by using Star-lit Crystals or Scrolls of Empowerment. To avoid this, I would increase the cap by at least 2 normal ranks for class legacies and 1 for a Legendary Item's DPS/HPS legacy with each update, with the rest unlockable. However, this is accounting for each rank-up requiring 30,000 IXP earned for that legacy -- if that is adjusted, then I would also adjust the cap increases to account for this.

Champion Legacy Feedback (Beta 2):

To begin with, my feedback on Champion legacies is the same as what I posted in this thread for Beta 1, with anything further elaborated below being modifications to my feedback based on changes in Beta 2:

Feedback on Champion Legacy Changes (Beta 1)

• Battle Frenzy Cooldown
      • Pros: From the looks of it, the cooldown is being retained along with a scaling Physical Mastery rating buff once the cooldown reaches its cap of -20 seconds. Aside from minor tweaks and any bug fixes necessary, I think the post-imbuement version of this legacy is ready for Live.
      • Cons: No negative feedback.
    One less Orc in the world is a good thing, and one less leader among the Orcs is a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFire View Post
    Thoughts on General Imbued LI Changes:

• Reduction of maximum class legacy tiers from 40 to 35: Rank 40 came across as pretty strong IMHO, and having class legacies cap out at a lower rank seems best to start with when having future updates and cap increases in mind. However, I am also noticing that (at least for Champions) at least some class legacies are nearly at their previous value when maxed out at 40, this time at rank 35 (presumably from gaining more potency per tier in this Bullroarer build) -- I would reduce this a bit, personally. Other than that, my feedback on Champion legacies and progression through ranks is the same as my feedback from Beta 1, unless otherwise noted below.
    • Increase of maximum DPS/HPS legacy tiers from 20 to 25: While this certainly allows for further growth on a Legendary Item in this aspect, the DPS ratings are getting very strong as-is compared to Live. I'm not sure if this is a good idea to start with.

- Reduction of the max tiers would be a decent grind-reduction, meaning you only need 2 scrolls /legacy that has already been maxed out pre-imbuement. This will make it more accessible for newer players.
    - Increase for max DPS tier is good, as in beta 1, a FA LI with 3 crystals will result in having 1 crystal wasted. With this increase, an FA LI with 3 crystals will end up as tier 21, allowing for progression afterwards.
    - For classes that currently have TDR as primary legacy, the TDR legacy should also increase the DPS on the weapons, so that melee attacks won't get weaker in comparison over time.

• Remove ability to use IXP runes on Imbued Legendary Items: With the multiple sources of substantial IXP runes available to us other than deconstructing leveled Legendary Items (ie. one of the barter NPCs in Dol Amroth), a properly-prepared player could have Imbued Legendary Items capped out right after Update 16 goes Live (further exacerbated by the reduction of class legacy tier caps from 40 to 35). Personally, I think this would increase the longevity of this system, particularly between updates to the game -- combined with IXP earned as a reward for completing quests (which I would also make sure to add to instance quests as a reward if not already present, including Challenge quests as an additional reward for completing them) and killing mobs on landscape and otherwise, it would allow for a natural progression on Imbued Legendary Items as new updates are released IMHO. As for increasing IXP earned to speed things up, I think the XP boosts already available ingame as items, through spending Destiny Points, and in the LOTRO Store would serve that role well.
    • Add both normal and unlockable legacy tiers with each increase to the cap: I personally think the Imbued Legendary Item system will feel more like a grind instead of a natural progression if future increases to the legacy tier cap were only able to be acquired by using Star-lit Crystals or Scrolls of Empowerment. To avoid this, I would increase the cap by at least 2 normal ranks for class legacies and 1 for a Legendary Item's DPS/HPS legacy with each update, with the rest unlockable. However, this is accounting for each rank-up requiring 30,000 IXP earned for that legacy -- if that is adjusted, then I would also adjust the cap increases to account for this.
    - No IXP runes.. I'd agree as long when you imbue, legacies won't go down (I suggested to set the tiers (not the cap) based on the ranks of pre-imbue legacies, with spare points spread evenly over all the legecies).
    - I totally agree both normal tiers and unlockable should be added with updates.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

LOREMASTER Staff and Book:

1. Base DPS (damage range) for the staff is currently fixed. There is no way to increase it. This will be a particular problem with the first imbued LI update where LI caps are raised, and the DPS of all other LI weapons go up, leaving the staff DPS well behind.

Suggested Solution: Tie the staff DPS to the main legacy for the staff (tactical damage). The tactical damage rating shouldn't affect the staff DPS, but the tier of the tactical damage legacy should move staff DPS up in the same fashion that tier of the main DPS legacy on other weapons does.

2. Advancement of staff and book passive stats (including the book's +% tactical damage). As noted above and elsewhere, these essentially get set in stone, and there's no way to have these increase with future progression of the imbued LI.

Suggested Solution: Tie increases in the passives for all ILIs to the main legacy tier.

GENERAL:

3. Choice of passives: For all LIs with passives, there's a lottery that goes on: (a) do you get the right passive stat?, (b) do you get the right value for a passive stat with a variable range (e.g., 5% vs. 2%)? This is not an ILI exclusive issue, but ILIs will exacerbate it.

Suggested Solution: Add a "replace passive" option to the ILI interface (variations on this have been suggested above). Like replacing legacies, the player can choose a stat to replace, and a replacement stat. Use MCs or the new replace legacy scroll. Either generate the range value at random for those passives with ranges (as now), or tie the value within the range to the main legacy tier, with a per tier increase adopted so the current maximum value in the range is reached at tier 25. Thus, for the LM FA book, the tactical damage % per tier would be 0.2%.

Guardian Legacies!

This post is solely in reference to guardian legacies, based on: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...mbued-legacies

That thread details the changes made to guardian legacies in Update 16, and as a general point the biggest issue I have with it is that there are too many 'interesting' legacies, being replace with dps or critical rating legacies.

As a tanking guardian, dps legacies are next to useless. Yes, I know that dps = aggro x 300% nowadays, but the difference made by legacies which give us +25% damage for a skill seems rather pointless, given that the most useful skills for retaining aggro have no damage component.

While some of these are more useful than others (AoE skill damage buffs whirling retaliation and sweeping cut, our only two melee AoE dps skills - and though it replaces the AoE targets, the livestream yesterday assured us that this was going to be increased), others seem rather useless, particularly the replacement of War Chant Duration with Light Damage. War Chant is something that I dip into yellow line for in a blue spec, as it is very useful when tanking (providing an AoE aggro skill as well as reducing the enemy's damage), yet I'm certainly not going to make use of light damage, as in blue spec, war chant is my only light damage skill.

The same can be said for the introduction of critical rating legacies - when tanking, what use is a crit rating legacy to me, other than for shield smash? Guardian's ward duration, a very useful legacy, has been replaced by sweeping cut critical rating - a legacy which appears entirely useless if my intention is to keep aggro.

I suppose the essence of what I'm saying is that these new legacies should provide options for tanking guardians, as well as those who seek to improve their dps. As of U16, on our Legendary Weapon, there are 14 dps and crit legacies to 4 which are not, and of these one is turn the tables cd (vaguely useful, but unnecessary if there's a LM in your raid).

The belt is much better, with 10 non-dps legacies to 8 dps/crit legacies, and as such I can spot which legacies I would use for both majors and minors in a tanking situation, but with the weapon, it is hard to see that I have any option other than dps legacies on my tanking weapon, and to me, this feels rather pointless, given the points stated above.

It would be good to see some more inventive and useful legacies for tanking added to the pile for the one hander, replacing things such as sting crit rating (which replaced targeted melee range), or sweeping cut crit rating (which replaced the essential ward duration).
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Hunter - possible bug?

On Live my Hunter has a 2nd Age sword with a minor Press Onward cooldown at rank 9 giving -90 Press Onward Cooldown = Press Onward has a 30sec cooldown.

As of today this shows on the Imbued version as -78.75 Press Onward Cooldown +0% Press Onward Morale/Power Heal at rank 35 with no more ranks available - giving a 41.3 sec cooldown and still giving the same morale/power restore.

So, having spent IXP, etc. to unlock the extra ranks, I'm worse off on this legacy after Imbument.

Please add more AOE targets to the traits for those skills in the trait trees (any class that got a decrease in AOE targets). For example, for the red line hunter, Hail of Arrows - add 1 target to rank one, and 2 targets to rank 2. Quick Escape - add a few extra targets to that trait in the tree. Yellow line hunter, Rain of Thorns in trait tree - add an extra target to each tier of that trait, with an extra 2 at tier 4. etc. etc.

Please enable us to rename our weapons upon imbuing, and rename using some mechanic if we decide later we want to change the name.

I don't see that as a problem since level cap is still 100, and mobs are pretty much the same too.

I would like to suggest that the legacy levels start at 51, rather than 1.

This will make it easier to expand the system in the future to support imbuing before level 100. The formula for the initial legacy level would be ((item level - 50) + legacy tier). For for a level 100 item, this is 51-56. For a level 50 item, it would be 1-6.

Disclaimer: I haven't played with the new system much and I may be misinterpreting how things work.

Added a list of legacy changes to the first post of this thread. Go forth and read, give feedback and be merry!

Quote Originally Posted by Skoch View Post
    Warden Javelin skills and Assailment Stance range set to 40m, across all trait-lines.
    I second this, good call skoch

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast