We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    Yes, but with 1-2 crit essences, you're capped already, so you don't need more.
    Primary stats are useful for classes that use both masteries, and for burgs/hunters/wardens for the extra avoidances (and if you stack it, you'll also cap crit easier.. and won't need to use a crit essence at all).
    Ah, if only that were true for all classes....it took a few more than 1 or 2 for me, and I also have a full set of EB gold jewelry and FA LIs.

I'm behind something like this happening ASAP.

At the moment there is no definite path to the essence you want. EBs, drop RNG, Morlad farming, RNG, mob drops RNG, DA boxes RNG - of which you can open dozens sometimes before you get the greater you need, which on live would take an insane amount of time. Or OFC, you take a purple and craft it up, but again, still relies on RNG in the first place to get that purple for the recipe, PLUS the tokens needed for a one shot.

It is a PAINFUL system, IMO the most grindy system in game.

The OPs idea is spot on, at most one supreme per week, per toon, that would still take 24 weeks to max out a DA set (based on one toon per account, and swapping in kin, or selling/buying in AH), more for the new 5 slot set. That's a restraint enough to be able to pick and choose what you want. Perks to those that have maxed guild rep on more toons etc. Give some love and value back to those of us with alts sat at max guild rep with NOTHING to do

Clearly from the new Epic Books rewards Turbine are pushing the essence system, so please, give us some slack. The main thing keeping me away from playing more on live ATM is that this essence system is down to luck, and is sooooooo boringly grindy.

Kinda make me chuckle that we get an updated LI system that grows with you, and you can't see that the essence system is almost as bad.
    Last edited by matalan; Apr 17 2015 at 07:57 PM.
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    I would rate Crit a bit higher than you do, as crit is pretty much crucial for everyone in the game, especially the healers, as heals can crit. Same is true to tanks to a lesser degree, especially since DPS tanking seems to be the direction Turbine's going now >.>

I do think you are underrating might (captains), agi (burgs, hunters, and wardens) and will (LM), although Agi is the weaker of those three primary stats.

The rest come down to the glass cannon v semi-tanky character argument, and there's strong and valid arguments on both sides of the fence for that one.

Edit:
    But this goes to show that what one person values as an essence differs from another, so there's quite a bit more marketability of the essences than what you make it out to be.
    Now we're really getting back to one of the major holdups in the relic thread. Captains selecting might over mastery is perfectly valid, but for any other non tanking class (even that is questionable) selecting main stat over mastery or whatever rating you're after is a failure to understand itemization, or you can't afford the prices and are after a bargain build (which is exactly why I suggest everyone be able to make all outputs, so that the essences that cost double everything else become more equally attainable for people without thousands of gold).

As Vulcwen said, you aren't going to be loading up on things like crit, crit d, Inc healing, and mits, you'll need 1 or 2 of any of those at most and then you'll load up on a dozen or more mastery and or morale. I have 4 different classes at 100 of varying degrees of gearing, all cap crit, and none use a single crit essence. I don't undervalue the stat, it's one of my highest priorities, I just know where to get it more efficiently and don't waste valuable essence slots.

honestly, if you want to get the guild involved... you might as well (and really should) make it like the Crafted relic for the LI. make it so each crafting profession makes a "legendary gift of the hammerhand" or whatever (3 tiers like how the LI relics work) and then trade the crafted item to the guild leader to get whatever essence you want within that tier.

i am really upset about the fact that the essences are split up among all the crafting professions. it's too much work to grind out the rep on all my alts just so i can attempt crafting all the different essences. this particular drawback to essence crafting is essentially why i haven't played LOTRO since before central Gondor was released.

LI imbuement is the first major step in bringing me back into the game on a regular basis, (allowing me to imbue the weapons in Moria epic story when we recieve the first LI on our character would make my day, really. and not the way that Dirty Harry asks his day to be made.) the other major step is make Essence more accessable. i should be able to acquire teal essences straight from barter (or even crafting guild leader). giving me a crafting recipe that just happens to be the wrong crafting profession is a major pain for someone who has relegated himself extremely casual for the past 2 years.
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 105 Champion | Avornial - 120 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 140 HUNTER | Taeran - 120 RuneKeeper
    Founder - Lifetimer

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    I would rate Crit a bit higher than you do, as crit is pretty much crucial for everyone in the game, especially the healers, as heals can crit. Same is true to tanks to a lesser degree, especially since DPS tanking seems to be the direction Turbine's going now >.>

I do think you are underrating might (captains), agi (burgs, hunters, and wardens) and will (LM), although Agi is the weaker of those three primary stats.

The rest come down to the glass cannon v semi-tanky character argument, and there's strong and valid arguments on both sides of the fence for that one.

Edit:
    But this goes to show that what one person values as an essence differs from another, so there's quite a bit more marketability of the essences than what you make it out to be.
    I will point out that you say crit is important, and then proceed to claim agi is the weakest of the primary stats (despite giving crit). However, I think the primary stat essences are largely useless with the possible exception of captains. The reason for this is that your avoidances are already well beyond the benchmark for severe dimishing returns with regular gearing at level cap (tho this may change some with the 5-socket armours), agility based classes already have crit easily capped by the non-essence contributions, and most dual mastery classes don't really need more outgoing healing (the physical damage classes) or don't need more phys mastery (lm's). Self-healing tends to either be fairly weak, thus not worth boosting extra outgoing healing via tactical mastery, or it tends to be so powerful (wardens/guards) that they don't really need more outgoing healing though it won't hurt. On the other side lm's definitely don't need phys mastery, because in their current forms staff-strike/sweep are pretty pathetic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    Yes, but with 1-2 crit essences, you're capped already, so you don't need more.
    Primary stats are useful for classes that use both masteries, and for burgs/hunters/wardens for the extra avoidances (and if you stack it, you'll also cap crit easier.. and won't need to use a crit essence at all).
    Agree with crit being easily capped, and to a lesser extent with the dual mastery classes (see above). However, as I stated above using a primary essence for extra avoidances is worthless in nearly every case (the sole exception being wardens stacking might for extra block which they are weaker in). Stacking agi is especially pointless because all those classes will easily cap crit between base stat contributions and relics, and will already be well beyond the diminishing returns point for evade.

For primary stat essences to be a more interesting choice I think they should have their secondary stat (vit) boosted so the choice becomes more of a less mastery but more morale, rather than just less of both (either that or boost the primary stat slightly so the mastery bonuses are more comparable).

Touching on the stats, the only reason why I mentioned Will with the LMs is because of smacking things with their staff being a decent source of DPS, and (IIRC) LMs also derive physical mastery from Will.

The reason why I downrated AGI is from a DPS perspective, flat mastery and crit may be better, so it's really a balancing act for what's optimal, and I haven't sat down and done the math, so I'm basically shooting from the hip. If you want to break out the math and prove it one way or the other go for it.

Tanks, IMO, are better with the secondary stat essences (morale, BPE, mits, etc) than stacking vitality, thanks to the vitality nerf a while back.

For everyone else, the masteries are normally the preferred thing to stack. That's why physical and tactical masteries should probably be moved to the professions that need more things to craft at end game.

As far as making it so that everyone can produce all the essences, absolutely not. The game isn't meant to be played in a bubble (it's a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game), so having to rely on others to produce essences you cannot is good for LotRO because it forces you to interact with other players, and providing more reasons to interact with other players is never a bad thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2