We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Q: Stats on [Lv100 FA Greatsword of the Guardian]

Hello my fellow guards,

in order of the announcement of U16 I tried to get myself a mighty FA Greatsword for Imbuing. I wanted to aim the stats: "Moral, Might and Crit" on the LI. Now after 35+ inspected FA Greatswords I still don't have seen these stats.
    I saw some guards on my server having these stats on their greataxes.
    So my question is, even though I'm sure that I'm just unlucky, is it even possibly to get these stats on a Greatsword or is it eventuelly bugged or something like that?

Just want to ask you guys about your experience with the stats on Lv100 FA Greatswords - Does someone have these on their LI?

Thanks for your replies&
    Have a good day.
    I am the guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Westgard View Post
    Hello my fellow guards,

in order of the announcement of U16 I tried to get myself a mighty FA Greatsword for Imbuing. I wanted to aim the stats: "Moral, Might and Crit" on the LI. Now after 35+ inspected FA Greatswords I still don't have seen these stats.
    I saw some guards on my server having these stats on their greataxes.
    So my question is, even though I'm sure that I'm just unlucky, is it even possibly to get these stats on a Greatsword or is it eventuelly bugged or something like that?

Just want to ask you guys about your experience with the stats on Lv100 FA Greatswords - Does someone have these on their LI?

Thanks for your replies&
    Have a good day.
    Forget getting might, just get crit and moral u will be fine. Imo getting might as well always takes a lot of FAs

To the best of my knowledge, the passive stats on all two-hand LI weapons are randomly generated.
    Players have no control over which stats are assigned to an LI. Crafters who make LI's have no control.

Maybe there is some coding behind the scenes that affects the stats based on the type of weapon (sword, axe, club, hammer, etc) but in all the years I've been using LI's I've never noticed a clear pattern

Star-Lit crystals will slightly increase those stats, but that's the only control we as players have.

My level 97 Champ has +Parry rating, +Morale and +Power on his 2 hand sword.
    My level 95 Cappy has +ICPR, +Crit rating and +Power on his 2 hand sword.
    My level 100 Guard has +Agility, +Crit rating and +ICPR on her 2 hand sword.
    My guard does have a 2 hand sword with +Might, +Morale and +Crit rating, but it's a 3rd age relic fodder LI.

To be honest, these stats are fairly trivial compared to the stats we can stack via armor (especially essence armor), jewelry and relic choice (to a lesser extent). When I am looking at what LI to actually use, the legacies are what I look at, the passive stats don't affect my decision.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

My Greatsword has Might, Parry and Morale. Personally I would take Parry over Critical Hit Rating.

I have the same experience. 2H swords seem to have worse stats than 2H axes.

Maybe coincidence but axes seem to get a morale stat and swords get power stat more often.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfKamikazee View Post
    I have the same experience. 2H swords seem to have worse stats than 2H axes.

Maybe coincidence but axes seem to get a morale stat and swords get power stat more often.
    I've never made any axes, but from my seven swords four had morale and only one had power. Not nearly enough of a sample size to prove anything, but it makes sense that all 2h LIs would have the same chance at passives. Which seems completely random anyway.

To the original topic, I've seen swords with might, morale, and crit. It is possible, but it's luck of the draw. IIRC theres 7 possible passive stats and probably another one or two that I've forgotten. Correct me if my math is wrong, but assuming there are 7 possible passives and the odds of getting each passive is equal, the odds of getting the exact three that you want is (3/7)*(2/6)*(1/5)=.0286 or 2.86%.
    Last edited by Kaern48; May 11 2015 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern48 View Post
    IIRC theres 7 possible passive stats and probably another one or two that I've forgotten.
    There are 8 possible passive stats for melee 2h weapons:
    might, agility, vitality, morale, power, crit, parry, ICPR.

With about 20 attempts I did not manage to get morale+crit for neither my guard nor my captain. For the guard I settled for crit+parry+vitality now. Makes me happy enough
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtara - Beorning | Ishtari - Rune Keeper | Ishtarel - Hunter
    Lunasa - Minstrel | Cabernetta - Guardian | Ishtaridas - Lore Master | + many more
    Eldar -> Evernight

Alright guys, I can confirm that these stats are possible.
    Just got my Greatsword after 35+ tries. Been a long way but I got it. Seems like it is just luck.
    Well thanks for the discussion.

Have fun in middle-earth
    I am the guardian.

My Guardian had a second age level 100 greataxe with Might, Morale, and Vitality. His first age 100 had Might, Agility, and Parry. I haven't had the heart to get rid of the second age axe. I ran into the same problem with my Captain. He had a second age Halbard with Might, Morale, and Vitality, and a first age Greatsword with Parry, Crit, and ICP. Maybe I should stick with second age weapons.