We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trapper of Foes shouldn't be erased. Since HD killed the fun in LM-class(Boring Embers) I am looking for a substitute and Trapper of Foe is the best substitute for LM pre HD I found yet.

There are some things that need to be looked at(trap scaling- scaling with melee class weapondps would be fine, wouldn't mind lowering trap basedamage in exchange, trapdebuffs duration and healpotency of snaretrap), but it's still fun.
    Last edited by Tatharil; Jun 23 2015 at 06:11 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

IMO Trapper of Foes is the only thing why you should play a hunter. The biggest issue with this line is the lack of AoE damage. All traps must affect at least three enemies.
    The other two lines are okay but there are some classes who have similar skills and do damage better than hunters like RKs and Minstrels. And also they have better survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by no_idea View Post
    IMO Trapper of Foes is the only thing why you should play a hunter. The biggest issue with this line is the lack of AoE damage. All traps must affect at least three enemies.
    The other two lines are okay but there are some classes who have similar skills and do damage better than hunters like RKs and Minstrels. And also they have better survivability.
    Well at least your forums name is accurate.

Gladden: Bregwing(r7 cappy), other 3 100s
    Semiretired

Quote Originally Posted by no_idea View Post
    Not sure where this idea has come from that minstrels are actually comparable or better dps to hunters. Sure they got way better after hd, but they are still a clear tier below hunters and others in single target dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Malathran View Post
    Not sure where this idea has come from that minstrels are actually comparable or better dps to hunters. Sure they got way better after hd, but they are still a clear tier below hunters and others in single target dps.
    Minstrel has good burst DPS and can finish normal mobs pretty quick. I'm not sure about sustainable DPS, though.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Minstrel has good burst DPS and can finish normal mobs pretty quick. I'm not sure about sustainable DPS, though.
    About around 10k.
    Edit. Last update broke anthems so dps took a bit of hit, since coda always resets anthems.

Shameless bump here.

I wonder if ever are the Devs going to make some announcement about class skills. Every class has its issues that need to be sorted. It is really discouraging that all we get on this is silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithlanros View Post
    Shameless bump here.

I wonder if ever are the Devs going to make some announcement about class skills. Every class has its issues that need to be sorted. It is really discouraging that all we get on this is silence.
    There was a lengthy forum thread about class rebalance recently.
    It is not just about playability and viability skill vs skill for each class but also a lot about playability class vs class.
    The classes who can solo fellowship cap content say that the classes who can not should reroll and soak it up.
    Someone said 99% of the mobs can be bypassed with feign death in some of the new instances.
    Just so much blatant exploiting, I gave up playing the game at the current cap. Duped essences? Doing one instance side quest over and over? Bypass mobs?
    Cheats and shortcuts. Brandywine dupers have their gear filled with duped essences. No way to tell them apart from the regular ones.

It would be nice to get trapper on par with red line, wouldn't it? And to get blue at least as nice as yellow.
    The old game had differences. You did a rotation and over a long fight you lost 1k DPS if you didn't have a perfect rotation. A fraction lost.
    The new game gap is terrible. Now you lose half your efficiency by using the wrong tree.
    The trait trees were added with a promise of bringing diversity within the classes and more distinction between classes.

For trapper, it's not just skills seeming to have little effect, it's scaling as well. DOT needs a boost from start, not just whenever we have our LI with the right leg. When we do have our LI with the right leg, it is the only thing that will have an effect on the DOT. Lingering wound at cap is a joke vs mobs with bloated stats, I tested on some plain 100 field mobs with only lingering wound to see those stacking DOTs and it's terrible. Awful.
    Advanced placement is horrible too. It removed all the fluidity to the trait tree, might as well stop-focus-stealth instead and do some real damage and make space for a better legacy.

This subject makes me rather angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    It would be nice to get trapper on par with red line, wouldn't it? And to get blue at least as nice as yellow.
    The old game had differences. You did a rotation and over a long fight you lost 1k DPS if you didn't have a perfect rotation. A fraction lost.
    The new game gap is terrible. Now you lose half your efficiency by using the wrong tree.
    This subject makes me rather angry.
    I am still unsure of why everyone seems to want yellow line dps on par with red... If you want redline dps just run redline. You want supreme mobility run blue. You want more survivability run yellow. There has to be trade offs between the lines... unless you want to become wardens and guards and solo everything. Be glad you play one of the last "balanced" classes in the game. Yes it might be boring and repetitive at level cap, but aren't all classes (sure seems that way).

All hunters used to complain about before trait trees was yellow line sucked, and they couldn't use inductions on the move. Well from what I can tell both requests were granted. There should be significant differences in the dps between blue line and yellow line in comparison to redline. The mobility offered in blue and the much greater survivability from yellow are the reasons that one would chose those lines over red line. If dps is required for something common sense would tell one to use the best dps line wouldn't it???

Yes I do agree that the trait trees have significantly ruined most classes (hunter in particular) but its been what... 2 years now. Time to move on and quit bitching about it. The lack of action and communication regarding issues with the classes over the past 2 years should give everyone the sense that nothing is going to change, at least anytime soon. With regards to the hunter, there are many more pressing things that should be addressed long before increasing trap damage... mainly the ####ty animations that are present among other things.

Bralleg-1

Quote Originally Posted by alleg View Post
    I am still unsure of why everyone seems to want yellow line dps on par with red... If you want redline dps just run redline. You want supreme mobility run blue. You want more survivability run yellow. There has to be trade offs between the lines... unless you want to become wardens and guards and solo everything. Be glad you play one of the last "balanced" classes in the game. Yes it might be boring and repetitive at level cap, but aren't all classes (sure seems that way).

All hunters used to complain about before trait trees was yellow line sucked, and they couldn't use inductions on the move. Well from what I can tell both requests were granted. There should be significant differences in the dps between blue line and yellow line in comparison to redline. The mobility offered in blue and the much greater survivability from yellow are the reasons that one would chose those lines over red line. If dps is required for something common sense would tell one to use the best dps line wouldn't it???

Yes I do agree that the trait trees have significantly ruined most classes (hunter in particular) but its been what... 2 years now. Time to move on and quit bitching about it. The lack of action and communication regarding issues with the classes over the past 2 years should give everyone the sense that nothing is going to change, at least anytime soon. With regards to the hunter, there are many more pressing things that should be addressed long before increasing trap damage... mainly the ####ty animations that are present among other things.

Bralleg-1
    Because people want better Yellow Line.

Yellow Line does not need DPS on par with red or even blue, but your Trap damage stays the same no matter how much Mastery you have. When level cap is 95, it was still fine. However, with the introduction of essences and people start to stacking Physical Mastery, having fixed damage hurts the line a lot.

Yellow line is expected to be a survival, CC, DoT and debuffing line. Survivability of yellow-line relying on traps to CC/debuff to mitigate the damage and get buffs from being attacked. While it's fine in solo, it is not very useful in grouping content: your CC is weaker than thet old pre-HD yellow line (cannot permament daze two targets at once like before), your debuffing has long cooldown and an awkward way to use (you cannot specific target a mob from a bunch of mob when throwing traps, and trap placing itself breaks the flow), and you won't want to get hit in group content, even with a tougher mitigation. Your main damage comes from traps and DoT (also mostly from traps), which all have long cooldown and weak damage that does not scaled after Physical Mastery.

In short, Yellow line tries to fit into many roles at once and fail miserably. I guess soloer and pvper like it, but it has pretty much no place in group content.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

It is not just about playability and viability skill vs skill for each class but also a lot about playability class vs class.
    The classes who can solo fellowship cap content say that the classes who can not should reroll and soak it up.
    Like Alleg said, we are one of the last classes that still feel normal. I don't even have a desire to heal or tank now.

Someone said 99% of the mobs can be bypassed with feign death in some of the new instances.
    Just so much blatant exploiting, I gave up playing the game at the current cap. Duped essences? Doing one instance side quest over and over? Bypass mobs?
    Cheats and shortcuts. Brandywine dupers have their gear filled with duped essences. No way to tell them apart from the regular ones.
    Yep. Best gear acquired by chain pulling/skipping an entire instance. The best part? People are defending it saying it takes x hours to get the full set which is too long. The duped essences plagued auction house for a long time. I spent a fortune buying essences and I'm not sure which ones are legit.

The trait trees were added with a promise of bringing diversity within the classes and more distinction between classes.

For trapper, it's not just skills seeming to have little effect, it's scaling as well. DOT needs a boost from start, not just whenever we have our LI with the right leg. When we do have our LI with the right leg, it is the only thing that will have an effect on the DOT. Lingering wound at cap is a joke vs mobs with bloated stats, I tested on some plain 100 field mobs with only lingering wound to see those stacking DOTs and it's terrible. Awful.
    Advanced placement is horrible too. It removed all the fluidity to the trait tree, might as well stop-focus-stealth instead and do some real damage a??nd make space for a better legacy.
    This subject makes me rather angry
    Yellow is pretty strong for its intended purpose: Survival. You can stack 45k morale and your overall dps via dots barely drop. They did nerf yellow's ability to lockdown multiple mobs- the thing I miss most in yellow.
    Despite having a much more interesting rotation now, the old trait system wasn't heavily influenced by random procs.
    Single target traps is really annoying as well. I can see where a duration trap +evades would make yellow abit strong. Increased dot dmg would be nice but from what weve seen so far, its a fine line between just enough and way too much..

Quote Originally Posted by alleg
    I am still unsure of why everyone seems to want yellow line dps on par with red... If you want redline dps just run redline. You want supreme mobility run blue. You want more survivability run yellow.
    I think people will be happy with just mastery boosting dps.

There has to be trade offs between the lines... unless you want to become wardens and guards and solo everything. Be glad you play one of the last "balanced" classes in the game. Yes it might be boring and repetitive at level cap, but aren't all classes (sure seems that way).
    They gave us a new trait system with the idea of preventing jack of all trades builds. They keep giving us more and more traits and now certain classes have jack of all trades builds.

The mobility offered in blue and the much greater survivability from yellow are the reasons that one would chose those lines over red line. If dps is required for something common sense would tell one to use the best dps line wouldn't it
    Pretty much this.

Bralleg-1
    I just want base damage attached to every skill, swiftbow to refresh like heartseeker on proc (proc based dps is the best ay?)
    Have a few more but I can forget about them if we get the ones listed above :P
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Sep 18 2015 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Multi quote post on mobile feels like yellow line in Gorth.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    Professional AFKer.

Guess I will wait another 6 months lol. The complete lack of assessing class balance is really a joke at this point. I realize LOTRO doesn't have a huge staff but in a MMO class balance is kinda important and should be a priority. It stinks that neglect is slowly killing this game, for me at least.

Hey all, Been away from the game a while but I see the level cap is being raised to 105 now. Have any of you seen any changes to the trap line? Seems like there is only a handful of people working on developing the game these days. Its a shame because every time the cap is raised and new content is added the existing problems only become more pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithlanros View Post
    Hey all, Been away from the game a while but I see the level cap is being raised to 105 now. Have any of you seen any changes to the trap line? Seems like there is only a handful of people working on developing the game these days. Its a shame because every time the cap is raised and new content is added the existing problems only become more pronounced.
    In short: no. Added damage to red line by proxy: hnt get easier to cap mits as does burglar...and warden and bears!
    Can you imagine how useless the feedback loop is?
    Any previous imbalance between the hunter trees is emphasised by enabling more bloated PM without skimping on mitigations.
    Class imbalance is through the roof, now wardens can add more PM, as can bears.

Burglars got bows but then the bows were taken away again.

Frankly? I don't give too much of a damn. Logged on for hobbit gift only past month - though for other reasons. Landroval had months of botting 24/7 and game staff will not remove the botters. Something may have changed past month, of course, but I doubt that. Imagine five weeks reporting the same name bot (standing in one spot when I go to work, when I get home from work, when I go to sleep) without GM removing their account even for an hour? Nope, I can't either. I could understand a half measure but nothing at all?

So yeah, staff and time and priorities.
    Let the bots roam free, don't ban dupers, make the overpowered classes more overpowered and platypus to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    I think people will be happy with just mastery boosting dps.
    This. I love Trapper of Foes. It's so much fun to play, and it adds an element of cc creativity that I find quite enjoyable. if I want full dps, I go red line w/blue, so it's not like I'm asking for yellow line dps to be equivalent to red line dps. That's part of knowing how to switch traits around for different situations. But right now, yellow line traps are essentially getting nerfed by neglect since they aren't linked to physical mastery, and that just seems unfair.

Of course, I think hunters could do with some love beyond just yellow line, but this would at least be a start.

hunter dot

I have hunter, while playing my warg, I attacked a yellow line hunter. His big dot, now I know this hunter and he is very well equipped, his one trap did 450 damage to me a tick. Compare that with any other class even a guardian dots did more damage to me than his did. Warden does 4 to 10k a tick on my rank 10 warg. After that, I completely stop the yellow line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2