We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Infinite Crisis closing what does that mean for LOTRO?

With the staff cuts and now Infinite Crisis closing down.
    I've got to say I'm worried about this game too and Turbine as well.
    Am I the only one nervous here?

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/ne...gust-14th-2015
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by radspakr View Post
    With the staff cuts and now Infinite Crisis closing down.
    I've got to say I'm worried about this game too and Turbine as well.
    Am I the only one nervous here?

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/ne...gust-14th-2015
    from yesterday:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ite-Crisis-RIP

Not really, as much as I love playing this game, it's just a game. The only game I was ever attached to was Star Wars Galaxies. I was really bummed when that game died.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

not so infinite after all.

lol why bother spending year or so time making game if its gonna be out so short.

so many millions wasted, which could be used in more productive and profitable way, for example to lighting cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    not so infinite after all.

lol why bother spending year or so time making game if its gonna be out so short.

so many millions wasted, which could be used in more productive and profitable way, for example to lighting cigars.
    Here is why it failed:
    1. MOBA's are launching all the time and IC can't stand up to marvel heroes.
    2. Turbine and WB has burnt bridges in the communitys over the unwillingness to actually fix housing, bugs and other issues in LotRO and DDO. You can't shaft your loyal community that hard then expect them to spend more money to play your new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Econn71 View Post
    Here is why it failed: 2. Turbine and WB has burnt bridges in the communitys over the unwillingness to actually fix housing, bugs and other issues in LotRO and DDO. You can't shaft your loyal community that hard then expect them to spend more money to play your new game.
    I'm going to have to go ahead and say that the reason for its demise is that no one wants to play lame comic-book guys (except lame comic-book guys).
    Grundig blaupunkt luger frug
    Watusi snarf wazoo!
    Nixon dirksen nasahist
    Rebozo boogaloo

What is infinite crisis? Is it watching the hobbit movies after reading the book?

What happened to Infinite Crisis is something any true MOBA gamer knew the minute they laid eyes upon it; this is no competition for League of Legends or Descent of the Ancients, despite trying to appeal to that very same playerbase. They jumped the bandwagon and got burnt. It's very bad news for the staff involved and I hope the idiots calling the shots have learnt a thing or two. They have two succesfull games, both in a state of decline, yet they choose to gamble with the limited resources available. How often have we heard the past few years 'sorry, we can't afford to make change X or Y due staffing or budgetary reasons'? A few times too many if you'd ask me.

I sincerely hope the people involved in it's production can join the DDO or LotRO teams, but above all I hope the ones who came up with the whole IC idea and the ones green-lighting it receive the sack.

Turbine and WB has burnt bridges in the communitys over the unwillingness to actually fix housing, bugs and other issues in LotRO and DDO. You can't shaft your loyal community that hard then expect them to spend more money to play your new game.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbous View Post
    I'm going to have to go ahead and say that the reason for its demise is that no one wants to play lame comic-book guys (except lame comic-book guys).
    http://steamcharts.com/app/226320

Just because you don't like it it's lame?

2. Turbine and WB has burnt bridges in the communitys over the unwillingness to actually fix housing, bugs and other issues in LotRO and DDO. You can't shaft your loyal community that hard then expect them to spend more money to play your new game.
    So people are speaking with their wallet and not choosing to consume products from companies they no longer trust or believe in. Seems perfectly reasonable to me, the only way I would play another game made by Turbine is if it is another LOTRO MMO and by some tragedy they retained the rights to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbous View Post
    It's cause DC completely and totally blows chunks, and nobody wants to play as the DC characters....

Quote Originally Posted by dannypl View Post

No, its lame because its DC, and everyone knows Marvel > DC

I know nothing about that genre, but just want to say that "Infinite Crisis" seems like an awkward, bad name. 'We're having an infinite crisis!' That's just meaningless. It causes pain to my brain every time I see it.

My opinion: This is good for Lotro. In any case, if IC was to fail anyway, the sooner it was stopped the better.
    'I have come,' he said. 'But I do not choose now to do what I came to do. I will not do this deed. The Ring is mine!' Frodo, turning to the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by dannypl View Post

It's lame because it's lame.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/570
    I fully expect even HotS to fail, and that's Blizzard.

Anyone who thinks the world needs another MOBA is an idiot. If you're not LoL or Dota 2 you may as well not bother. Trying with a very Western theme is an even bigger misstep. That IC was ever made is a great indicator of how out of touch the people in charge are.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by toadriver View Post
    I know nothing about that genre, but just want to say that "Infinite Crisis" seems like an awkward, bad name. 'We're having an infinite crisis!' That's just meaningless. It causes pain to my brain every time I see it.

My opinion: This is good for Lotro. In any case, if IC was to fail anyway, the sooner it was stopped the better.
    You go read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Crisis

It refers to a DC crossover event where they're crossing through the multiverse, so it makes complete and total sense as a lore appropriate way to do a MOBA.

However, the rest of us have your reaction to it.