We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New PvP map confirmed

Interesting news, not sure if anyone else saw this.

Facebook Osiligath PvP Map

I'm pretty happy to see that something is being done, good or bad, for our PvP. A part of me is sad because we will be going through another few years of a buggy map and exploiting players. I'd rather just keep our current Ettenmoors with updated/improved mechanics with less bugs.

Actually.....Zero lag would be better, really.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

I've seen you around these forums for a while RGilthanas, and you seem like a respected name in the pvp community. Thanks for bringing this news to light, hopefully us old timers will finally get some appreciation for sticking it out with this underachieving game for so long. I know this is shown here, but I'll believe it when I actually see it due to their past track record and the Isengard debacle.

I agree with you about a new zone; though it may not be game mechanic changing, a new area least has a breath of fresh air about it.

Very important if there is a new PvP map IMPLEMENTED INTO THE GAME that means I will have been wrong, which means I will not only be right 98.4% of the time which is a staggering defeat for me personally.

I hope all the people who love lotro have a blast with it (should it be implemented) and you all squeeze another month, 3, 6 or a year out of the game. Rest assured though that when the inevitable "This class is OP QQ" happens I will log in to remind all of you how utterly pathetic you are.

But really, enjoy I hope its a fun map to play.

Oh good, my vacation will continue....

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Rest assured though that when the inevitable "This class is OP QQ" happens I will log in to remind all of you how utterly pathetic you are.
    Won't ever happen again. A new map will fix all problems with the game and the community.

Wonderful news if true... been hearing rumors of this for some time now.
    A big ruined city to set ambushes in...fighting in the streets, buildings, other obstacles potentially breaking apart enemy groups....
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

It its still zerg kill die respawn repeat until you got bored then its a waste of time.
    Bring in some game modes and pvp migh be interesting, otherwise, why bother.

Its only wonderful news if the map is implemented properly and the game is balanced for PVP, both of which will not happen :-D
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

A new map will be a breath of fresh air cause I'm getting tired of the same old shuffles and difficulty getting people to fight outside blue Lugz/GV. However, I know a map won't fix all of the issues I see in the community and players. Freepside lacks consistent leadership to counter the numbers we see on Brandywine and the shuffle is the answer for little organizing beyond a safe place to retreat to so that will likely be a similar style of play we may see on the new map and it'll be a bumpy road while changes are made to dissuade it. Who knows, if it goes well we could see some old names returning and interest to lead but that's some big dreams I have right now until we see the actually implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    A new map will be a breath of fresh air cause I'm getting tired of the same old shuffles and difficulty getting people to fight outside blue Lugz/GV. However, I know a map won't fix all of the issues I see in the community and players. Freepside lacks consistent leadership to counter the numbers we see on Brandywine and the shuffle is the answer for little organizing beyond a safe place to retreat to so that will likely be a similar style of play we may see on the new map and it'll be a bumpy road while changes are made to dissuade it. Who knows, if it goes well we could see some old names returning and interest to lead but that's some big dreams I have right now until we see the actually implementation.

Should worry more about that
    [center][url=http://i.imgur.com/zCwz1Q4.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/zCwz1Q4.png[/img][/url][/center]

But it's summer!

But it's summer!
    [center][url=http://i.imgur.com/zCwz1Q4.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/zCwz1Q4.png[/img][/url][/center]

Getting stomped by a god-mode Warden in Osiligarth would be a great deal more fun than getting stomped by a god-mode Warden in the Ettenmoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuddlepaws View Post
    Getting stomped by a god-mode Warden in Osiligarth would be a great deal more fun than getting stomped by a god-mode Warden in the Ettenmoors.
    It's called pay to win. You pay for a warden you get to win OK?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000034770/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

If it fixes the server line problems, I'm all for it.

Or to put it another way:

Don't expect the mansion at the beach to survive the hurricane if you don't pound pilings down to bedrock, and built it off of the ground a bit.

I agree. I can't wait to get smothered in light bleeds and die within the next 2 seconds face-down in the Anduin instead of the Hoardale river.

This is going to be a very productive year for Turbine!

Too little, too late. I still see my prediction coming true. New PvP map and xpac that everyone, Creeps and Freeps, will have to pay for with real cash, not TP. Then a few months later turbine will pull another AC2.

And, ohaider, Fam.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Too little, too late. I still see my prediction coming true. New PvP map and xpac that everyone, Creeps and Freeps, will have to pay for with real cash, not TP. Then a few months later turbine will pull another AC2.
    If they charge for the map I'd actually respect Turbine a bit more than I do right now.
    It would mean that the company thoroughly understands the current player base.
    I'd no longer be able to claim they're clueless.

Gate access to the map behind a payment and hand written thank you note to the developers and I'd re-sub for a year.
    I'd use that year to study the other players - I want to see if I can make them into a vast undead army of servants.

And, ohaider, Fam.

Ohai.

I see it's peaked your interest. I mean this is a long time coming for the game and PvMP community where we had been promised for years something and understandably we're all skeptic of what this map will bring. Like I've said, it's different from what I currently play and deal with but until they change other mechanics for classes and gains there will just be different shuffling in Osgiliath (probably on The Great Bridge).

Gate access to the map behind a payment and hand written thank you note to the developers and I'd re-sub for a year.
    Why should anyone send a thank you note to the Devs? If anything turbine should be on it's knees begging for our forgiveness for what they've done to this game.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Ohai.

I see it's peaked your interest. I mean this is a long time coming for the game and PvMP community where we had been promised for years something and understandably we're all skeptic of what this map will bring. Like I've said, it's different from what I currently play and deal with but until they change other mechanics for classes and gains there will just be different shuffling in Osgiliath (probably on The Great Bridge).
    Promised and then taken away from us. Of course I'm interested, I just haven't any faith in turbine getting it right. Just the skill tree change alone has me down to 1 Freep, my Burg is the only class I still enjoy. And I hope they keep their hands off my Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    Interesting news, not sure if anyone else saw this.

Facebook Osiligath PvP Map

I'm pretty happy to see that something is being done, good or bad, for our PvP. A part of me is sad because we will be going through another few years of a buggy map and exploiting players. I'd rather just keep our current Ettenmoors with updated/improved mechanics with less bugs.

Actually.....Zero lag would be better, really.
    Very, very bad post of a photo tbh and it makes me depressed not hopeful about the future of pvmp. Do the Devs really have to work in such a bland office environment that is so unpleasing to the eye? Is all they have to inspire them is the latest pep talk from some David Brent fella? Is the vague memory of Tolkien and the lore totally ignored by those who never read the books and loved Tolkien's vision? Is this now all about a two penny degree from some university that taught developers gaming is all about making money and no longer creating an excellent gaming experience for the subscriber? Is just a keyboard plus screen and the program engine they use to inspire the Devs? Where are the books they surround themselves with? The Art? What actually inspires them? No wonder the average Joe who plays this stuff in their spare time often and always comes up with far superior ideas to improve Pvmp than those paid to do it. They don't get it, if Devs were as passionate and creative as the player base, the player base would expand so far and wide the game would grow and grow and make a fortune for those who invested in it on the first place. But are the Pvmp players listened to? Hell no! And that's why we leave.
    Last edited by xdjxzxde; Jun 07 2015 at 11:21 PM.

Promised and then taken away from us. Of course I'm interested, I just haven't any faith in turbine getting it right. Just the skill tree change alone has me down to 1 Freep, my Burg is the only class I still enjoy. And I hope they keep their hands off my Spider.

The way the game is set up now to be a big neverending grind of LIs and trait points I am down to just my minstrel as well but I've usually leaned more on playing PvP for endgame than PvE lately. It's sad, I do miss playing some of my alts but the demand is for my minstrel to heal (which I can't complain too much of).

I will complain of spiders. Curse your CC. /shakefist

If Turbine is committed to these upcoming changes to PvMP I still predict a rough road for the next year in the hopes they listen to the community to make the necessary adjustments in the new map but we'll see when it goes live and such.

Best part of that pic is the battle.net app open on his taskbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    Best part of that pic is the battle.net app open on his taskbar.
    That sums up a Turbine dev perfectly. No wonder they don't have a clue what's going on in PvMP. They're busy playing another game when they should be working on hours. lmao
    Last edited by detrimentalicon; Jun 08 2015 at 01:48 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000034770/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast