We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Help with Soloing Attack at Dawn Skraid

Hi,
    Thanks to a very helpful and experienced guard on Laurelin, I have a build that works great for survivability and AoE damage in this skraid (traited red, but with majority of points from yellow, plus pledge from blue). I want to do the skraid for the cloak it may drop. So if anyone knows of another skraid that drops the same crit cloak, I'd like to know that too.

I was fine running this skraid yesterday, once I'd remembered what keg-masters do However, I failed at the final boss and didn't have the time to have another go. I'd rather not run it and fail at the end again so I wonder if anyone could give me some pointers with the boss fight? - The failure occurred because one of the first group of scouts escaped before I could kill it.

I realise I probably messed up with fighting this group by panicking when they were split and nearing the exit. I'm guessing the strategy may be to get the boss near enough to the scouts to share his bleeds, but if someone can talk me through how to do the boss fight most efficiently, I'd be very grateful!

Cheers,
    Lenka

The only other skraid that drops this cloak, to my knowledge, is Icy Crevasse.

I think you have everything you need to do this - keeping the boss next to where the goblins spawn will

• save you the running
    • allow you to spread the bleed

If you feel you will lack the damage to finish them off before they split up, pop Charge and stun them.
    Fordraed of Snowbourn
    Gaerthand of Landroval

I just finished running Attack at Dawn and I got the Drape of Fallen Royalty from the chest on my first try.

Bout the only things that are tough for this raid are Brothers of Destruction that spawn. If you get unlucky and miss a knockdown on them you can die pretty quick.

For the boss you want to keep him near where the goblins spawn. As soon as the goblins spawn pop your charge and knock them down with a Sweeping Cut or War-Chant or Challenge. You should be able to spread the T10 bleed from the boss onto them really fast and they'll die in a couple of AoEs.

Thanks a bunch! I should have thought of taking the boss to the spawn point - I can see how that will work a treat...
    I met the brothers and died first time, before I'd worked out a better strategy for the new trait build. Then I was pleased to find they liked to ball up and bleed and heal me like other mobs I'd met them before on my LM, attempting to solo Necromancer's Gate skraid. That wasn't so pretty

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I just finished running Attack at Dawn and I got the Drape of Fallen Royalty from the chest on my first try.

Bout the only things that are tough for this raid are Brothers of Destruction that spawn. If you get unlucky and miss a knockdown on them you can die pretty quick.

For the boss you want to keep him near where the goblins spawn. As soon as the goblins spawn pop your charge and knock them down with a Sweeping Cut or War-Chant or Challenge. You should be able to spread the T10 bleed from the boss onto them really fast and they'll die in a couple of AoEs.
    Brothers arent too hard (not on T1 at least) and even on T2 they're quite manageable.
    The only real pain in the ### LT is the priest of vengeance.
    MacSwaggis (formerly MacHaggis) R12 HNT , HeavyHaggis R10 GRD, Scrubtain R7 CPT
    Haggisbash R8 RVR , Haggisgash R7 WL

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyMacHaggis View Post
    Brothers arent too hard (not on T1 at least) and even on T2 they're quite manageable.
    The only real pain in the ### LT is the priest of vengeance.
    Agreed that, alone, the Priest is the lieutenant you need to keep an eye out for. Squalls are annoying for low morale classes but obviously not a problem for guardians.

More than one lieutenant, though, and there are a few combinations that cause headaches. Double Defenders can be a real pain if you get aggro on both and don't have someone else to snap one of them back.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Many thanks for the tips. I've had fun soloing this skraid. I have found the brothers are much less of a problem when kneeling for you They are also particularly good at waiting politely in the catapult target areas as directed - and seem to have awful mitigations to that damage. I was quite amused and surprised to see all 4 get practically one-shotted while kneeling there.