We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

PvE Tier 2 Hidden Mitigation Penetration ~! IMPORTANT for TANKING

Hail my fellow Guardian comrades!

You really need to check out this thread > https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...itigation-caps

Basically on Tier 2 content mobs have the ability to ignore 6770 of your mitigation rating. We are effectively calling this Mitigation Penetration Rating. Unfortunately this penetration buff is hidden to us when looking at T2 mobs, and there is no way to see how it affects our character stat sheet.

What does this mean?

It is far more beneficial to remove some of your Morale essences in favour of Mitigation essences. For sure swap in some Physical Mitigation.. as for Tactical Mitigation, well that's situational since most incoming damage is Common.

*edit (10/07/2015 7:50 AM MST): A well-geared Guardian should not need to add extra Physical Mitigation, you just need enough to counter the 6770 mitigation penetration which is around 23,440 for Physical and I guess around the same for Tactical. The thing with tactical mitigation though, so few instances hit you with it, it's almost better to swap in tactical when needed.
    Last edited by thatabguy; Jul 10 2015 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thatabguy View Post
    Hail my fellow Guardian comrades!

You really need to check out this thread > https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...itigation-caps

Basically on Tier 2 content mobs have the ability to ignore 6770 of your mitigation rating. We are effectively calling this Mitigation Penetration Rating. Unfortunately this penetration buff is hidden to us when looking at T2 mobs, and there is no way to see how it affects our character stat sheet.

What does this mean?

It is far more beneficial to remove some of your Morale essences in favour of Mitigation essences. For sure swap in some Physical Mitigation.. as for Tactical Mitigation, well that's situational since most incoming damage is Common.
    Thanks for the headsup! I saw the aforementioned thread regarding this the other day. I will make sure and have 1 piece of my 4xS.Morale gear replaced with 4xS.Phy.Mit ... or some variation thereof.
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    Thanks for the headsup! I saw the aforementioned thread regarding this the other day. I will make sure and have 1 piece of my 4xS.Morale gear replaced with 4xS.Phy.Mit ... or some variation thereof.
    Unfortunately that'll place you way over the cap and easily more than enough to cover the mitigation penetration they have.

Unfortunately that'll place you way over the cap and easily more than enough to cover the mitigation penetration they have.
    Well 2 & 2 then .. or 3 & 1 ... idk as I am at work, but when I get home from work I will be sure to work it out ><
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    Well 2 & 2 then .. or 3 & 1 ... idk as I am at work, but when I get home from work I will be sure to work it out ><
    I ended up going with 3 Phys & 1 Tact

I ended up going with 3 Phys & 1 Tact
    Thanks! I will start with that then and see how it looks ><
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Hmm, why do you guys need extra Physical Mitigation essences ? As i understood you should aim around 23 400 mit ratings but even without any buffs or extra essences i have 23 090 Physical Mit in blue line.

guardian with right virtues shouldnt worry about physical at all, you should have closer to 25k physical mitigation.

Yeah, you're right.. though I was thinking more in terms of the Orc-craft and Tactical Mitigation.

I made a poor decision of adding 3 phys mtg and 1 tact mtg instead of morale but what I should've done was 2 tact mtg and 2 morale. I was actually running with around 58% tact mtg before so 2 tact mtg will get me over the 60% cap and protect me a little bit against the mitigation penetration.

For a well geared guard you're correct in that we shouldn't need to run extra phys mtg than necessary. Luckily Essence Reclamation Scrolls are dirt cheap right now.

*EDIT: I went back to 4 morales in my essence piece. I feel as though the hidden mitigation penetration debuff affects light and medium classes more.
    Last edited by thatabguy; Jul 11 2015 at 01:55 PM.