We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Guardian Tanking Belt Advice (Post-Imbuement)

Howdy, Guardian community!

I've been away from the game for a little while, only logging in occasionally and never getting into content. I was hoping to get back into it and run some group content. Obviously, to do that I'll need to have a good tanking belt. I was hoping to get your collective advice on what legacies to put on the belt that I have now. I've looked around on the forums, but haven't really gotten the answer I was looking for.

Here's what is currently on my pre-imbued tanking belt (I've starred the ones I'm sure I'll be keeping):

+ Ward Parry
    + Shield Damage*
    + Challenge Targets (will change to Reactive Parry Damage)
    + Adaptability Block and Parry (used to be CaB Cooldown)
    - Force Attack Duration* (will also have Shield Bash Damage)
    - Warriors Heart/Fortitude Heal*
    - Shield Smash Damage*

I'll be adding CaB Heal to the belt before imbuing it to get the cooldown added effect. Also, should I worry about adding star-lit crystals to the belt before imbuing it? From what I can tell for Guardian belts, that just affects the Shield Use rank, which sounds like it affects Shield damage, but with a lesser effect than the Shield Damage legacy.

Anyway, any advice that you guys can give on this front would be great. Thanks!
    Mynorin - 100 Dwarf Guardian - Elendilmir

- Doing the things since 2007.

Hi, here is what I currently have on my tanking belt:

-Shield Damage
    -Shield Smash Damage
    -Cry Resist Chance [I know some will disagree here...]
    -Shield Blow Damage & Force Attack Duration
    -Might
    -Vitality
    -Fate

3 leg. are the same as yours.

Cry Resist is debatable, but I have Warrior's Heart Morale Heal and CaB Morale Heal on a swap belt, if I need them.

I think you can drop Adaptability Block and Parry and use the slot for a better legacy.
    The new Reactive Parry Damage legacy is very nice especially for a DPS-belt, not sure it's so useful in a tanking belt.

I'm currently running

Shield Damage
    Shield Smash Damage
    Force Attack Duration
    Guardian's Ward Parry
    Warrior's Heart Heal
    Pledge Magnitude
    Vitality

Too lazy to swap, so I keep the WH heal on my main belt
    Pledge Magnitude is probably debatalbe but I just don't think I need any other legacy...

Concerning Starlit Crystals: it makes no difference whether you add them pre or post imbuement.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

How much does a ILI maxed block and parry rating provide a % increase if the guard already has around 20% base block/parry, 25% with traits. Currently I don't have these on my yellow tanking belt and the increase without these is rather small that it is not worth worrying about using guardians ward when this tanking style is about AOE spamming. I think it is something like 0.3%.

I have on my yellow tanking belt:
    Shield damage
    Light damage
    Warriors Heart Morale Heal
    Shield Blow/Force Taunt
    Catch a breath cooldown
    Guardians pledge magnitude (got pledge from blue line)
    Cry resist chance (I don't put too much into finesse at the moment)

Swapping guardians parry rating with shield damage might be good, as shield use is limited in yellow line (no use with a 2 hander, but I want to keep shield blow for the force taunt). That leaves me with the dilemma of which other one to swap for the block rating legacy.