We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thumbs up Changes

I like the changes. The new Lantern Park in Michel Delving looks great, and is very fitting in a Victorian kind of way (though maybe a bit much for the English Yeomanry/countryside per 1700 -1840's on which Tolkien based his Shire - plus, now I have to ride clear around in when coming from the stables, crafting center, or Auction House -- /whine OFF )

The Barrow Downs also look great - lots of new overgrown grass and bushes - under which mobs can hide - watch your step!

Someone said Bree has some changes also - I have not seen those as yet. Has anyone else noticed changes to Bree, and if so, what are they?

Thanks!
    "The world weighs on my shoulders, but what am I to do? You sometimes drive me crazy, but I worry about you. I know it makes no difference to what you're going through, but I see the tip of the iceberg, and I worry about you"

Quote Originally Posted by HeirOfNumenor View Post
    plus, now I have to ride clear around in when coming from the stables, crafting center, or Auction House -- /whine OFF )
    Hahaha, You're not the only one. I thought, man this garden is beautiful and it's right in my beeline from the crafting hill / stables.

Considering the immersion-breaking garden popularity and the grass freakness in zones populated with undeads, maybe it is time for eagle mounts, elf captains and Dale automatons.

New Bridge and waterfall on the northern path in Imladis?

How could the tree growing in the waterfall?

yes, seen that as well.... Turbine fired the hobbit gardeners? Or gave them scuba suites?
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

That bridge went in a few updates ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thodorin View Post

I actually have seeing that happening a lot IRL. A water loving tree species grows big over a subterranean water current. Its huge strong roots brake the terrain opening the flow of water to outside, what gives birth to a brand new spring, then creek, then river & if conveniently located on a hill, then gives birth to a water fall. These unexpected formations very frequently find its way over roads, needing the construction of bridges because the river will not stop & neither should we try to stop it. Such is nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frebor View Post
    In the old areas, there have been quite a few changes with the last patch. All of them which I dislike. The worst is probably Michel Delving, where it feels like total chaos at the moment. The earlier Bree changes were very good, these ones are very bad. For what it's worth, I would like to return to the previous version of Michel Delving. And the Barrows were fine as well to be honest.
    I just stumbled into the statue area in MD. I think it's absolutely fab. Hearing on World now of other little changes through the world, and going off to take a look at them.
    Nice job Turbine.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I just stumbled into the statue area in MD. I think it's absolutely fab. Hearing on World now of other little changes through the world, and going off to take a look at them.
    Nice job Turbine.
    Mind sharing those little changes? Anything that hasn't been mentioned in this thread?
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I saw the new park at the Bounder's Bounty statue last evening. I loved it, though it felt a bit to Elvish for a Hobbit park :P. I've not been to the Downs yet, but I suspect that I'll think it fits the books better now than it did. I have not noticed anything new in Bree, other than the draw distance changes.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I loved it, though it felt a bit to Elvish for a Hobbit park :P.
    I agree. And it felt a bit...busy?
    Still, overall a nice addition.

Thumbs up

This is the first time I've ever posted to a thread in this forum, but I was so impressed with the new park in Michel Delving that I wanted to let the developers know. Personally, I think its absolutely gorgeous! I always wondered why the hobbits homes and communities in general have no gardens, when hobbits are said to love farming and gardens. I hope the new park around the statue in Michel Delving is something we get to keep full time - I spend a lot of time in the shire areas and this is now suddenly my favorite spot of all!

Just as an idea..... any hope we could someday get a few cabin type tents around the Party Tree during festival times? It would be great for role playing that characters of all races had decided to camp out for the duration of the festival..... cooking around a campfire, include a lantern, a couple sleeping bags and a few chairs to sit on - make the fabric of the tents match the Party Tree colors and it would be very inviting for many.... and you'd only need to put one or two of them by the campfire to look very realistic.

Anyway - thank you very, very much for the gorgeous park that celebrates our hobbits greatest known strength - growing things! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Thodorin View Post

That's easy. It's an Ent.

Quote Originally Posted by SunflowerAcre View Post
    This is the first time I've ever posted to a thread in this forum, but I was so impressed with the new park in Michel Delving that I wanted to let the developers know. Personally, I think its absolutely gorgeous! I always wondered why the hobbits homes and communities in general have no gardens, when hobbits are said to love farming and gardens. I hope the new park around the statue in Michel Delving is something we get to keep full time - I spend a lot of time in the shire areas and this is now suddenly my favorite spot of all!

Just as an idea..... any hope we could someday get a few cabin type tents around the Party Tree during festival times? It would be great for role playing that characters of all races had decided to camp out for the duration of the festival..... cooking around a campfire, include a lantern, a couple sleeping bags and a few chairs to sit on - make the fabric of the tents match the Party Tree colors and it would be very inviting for many.... and you'd only need to put one or two of them by the campfire to look very realistic.

Anyway - thank you very, very much for the gorgeous park that celebrates our hobbits greatest known strength - growing things! I love it!
    The party tree now have many lanterns hanging with laces from the branches.

Alternately, there is a big unoccupied field just above Bagends that used to be a race field & have some abandoned picnic tables. I think that it will be the perfect area to put several tents, sleeping bags, camp fire & a privy (cause we don't want to bother the hobbit neighbors asking permission to use their bathrooms). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...71#post7407871
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Jul 23 2015 at 06:48 PM.

I like the new park in Michael Delving but would have included a small stage and dancing area. On Landroval, wandering minstrels regularly perform in the general area near the statue.

The Barrow Downs no longer look like a giant patch of old astro-turf. All the new greenery definitely looks more realistic, though I found many bare patches where the old astro-turf shows through, especially on top of South Downs barrows. Unfortunately, at least during the day, it feels a lot less spooky than before. It looks very lush, like grasslands after spring rains, not dry and dying, like grasslands in the fall heading into winter. In addition, most of the daytime fog layers were poorly placed such that you regularly see them edge on.

I commend the world builders for updating old areas, even if I find a few faults with the changes.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Ok first off I want to say I love the concert in lotro and think its great so ,many groups put together and host events. But come on.. you all just got a new stage in the Bree Festival area. You do not need stages in every little area of Middle Earth. Whats next you all want a stage on the wall of Helms Deep? And How about one for a band to play sad Mysuc outside the Gates of Osgiliath?
    Minstrels crave audiences, and in my experience, low level characters comprise the bulk of audience members. In my opinion, if a stage appeared in a high level area, it would see very little use. On the other hand, post ring destruction city, I could see some measure of widespread celebration as always happens when triumphant armies return home.
    Last edited by Vexendynamus; Jul 22 2015 at 07:19 PM.

Not sure if this is intentional change or somehow related to the Barrow-Downs revamp, but the barrows in Garth Agarwen Ivar -instance look like this now. I remember them being coloured more like the surrounding grass.

Hullos! Well, the Michel Delving area is a wonderful surprise. The lanterns lit at night are so very beautiful, along with the flowers and bushes. The stone plaques are a nice tribute to the servers who participated in the Bounder's Festival. Nice addition, Turbine. Thank you.

Lavendorla Lightfoot of LITTLE FOLK music kinship

Withywindle Server

That's a nice screenshot. It shows off the garden nicely.

I liked it, though the 'lanterns for closing servers' theory makes me sad. And changes make the game more dynamic - it will be fun to head out & find them.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreBrand View Post
    That's a nice screenshot. It shows off the garden nicely.
    Thanks! I also had that fog bug too from Forochel, so the background looks even mistier Wish I had a garden like this in real life, to be honest!

Lavendorla Lightfoot, Chief
    LITTLE FOLK music kinship

Beloved Withywindle Server

I also like new Barrow-Downs and MD garden. Thanks Turbine!

Please update more old areas! Ered Luin should be priority #1 - it looks soooooo old

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    I also like new Barrow-Downs and MD garden. Thanks Turbine!

Please update more old areas! Ered Luin should be priority #1 - it looks soooooo old
    Ered Luin looks gorgeus as it is, only thing i will add is taller grass & maybe a few bushes. But please don't over do it, sometimes less is more! Just a old screenshoot to prove it:

Last edited by YamydeAragon; Jul 23 2015 at 10:28 AM.

The barrow downs change is ridiculous. Why? Because as soon as you start moving the grass becomes a flickering mess of grass loading in out of nowhere. Very immersion breaking.

AshBrockDawn | Rockmor | Moriak | Thamor | Ranak
    Server: Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by rockmor View Post
    The barrow downs change is ridiculous. Why? Because as soon as you start moving the grass becomes a flickering mess of grass loading in out of nowhere. Very immersion breaking.
    You might want to look to your video card and graphics settings, because that's not what's supposed to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frebor View Post
    In the old areas, there have been quite a few changes with the last patch. All of them which I dislike. The worst is probably Michel Delving, where it feels like total chaos at the moment. The earlier Bree changes were very good, these ones are very bad. For what it's worth, I would like to return to the previous version of Michel Delving. And the Barrows were fine as well to be honest.
    With regards to change in Michel Delving, I respectfully disagree with your statement. I find it to be a refreshing addition to an area that seems, mostly, unchanged in a very long time and, therefore, seems outdated when compared to more recent region additions to the game.
    Don't vote for Sapience...vote for meeeee!!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast