We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bingo Boffins and Episodic content

Has the new episodic content made it into todays update? I can't seem to find Bingo anywhere. I looked outside his house in Michel Delving. At least I think it's his. There are a couple of neighbours there but I cant find him. The quests are supposed to start with him right?

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    Has the new episodic content made it into todays update? I can't seem to find Bingo anywhere. I looked outside his house in Michel Delving. At least I think it's his. There are a couple of neighbours there but I cant find him. The quests are supposed to start with him right?
    I think he is supposed to show up on the 22nd.

From the patch notes
    • The Ballad of Bingo Boffin will be starting on July 22. Keep an eye on your mailbox that Wednesday!
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Thanks for the replies. I couldn't find the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I couldn't find the patch notes.
    More info in: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...eveloper-diary

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Something small per week in between of something big per three months. I like the idea.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

as long as it continues unstopped for the whole year. If they can pull it off I applaud them but I have a bad feeling this will only go on a few weeks and than randomly stop unnanounced with nothing ever being said by Turbine about it again

Just a gut feeling

Arbor is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Quality Assurance
    Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    as long as it continues unstopped for the whole year. If they can pull it off I applaud them but I have a bad feeling this will only go on a few weeks and than randomly stop unnanounced with nothing ever being said by Turbine about it again

Just a gut feeling
    You are wrong, good sir. It will continue to give you a new quest once a week unstopped (unless something goes awry). I don't think MadeofLions would be terribly happy if Bingo just stopped and we did nothing to correct it. He's been working quite hard on it
    Your friendly QA tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
    I don't think MadeofLions would be terribly happy if Bingo just stopped and we did nothing to correct it.
    She's right! It's been a lot of work just to let it break!

MoL

That is great to hear and meant no disrespect to either of you. As you know I praise MadeofLions for the epic as much as possible but just had a gut feeling. Seeing that you replied here and in the dev diary that most of it was already done internally makes me feel tons better and I openly admit I waswrong.

Cant wait to start these episodes.

Rough guideline for how quickly the levels increase.
    Not sure wether to make a new character or use a level 20 something bumming around.

There are more Boffin's already in game than I thought when I had a look at the wiki - randomly saw one yesterday who is a hunter trainer, I'm guessing he's been there for years.

I'm thinking Bingo will eventually get to the hobbit settlement in Enedwaith, as (very,very,very) distant ancestors seem to be from around there.

don't have time to log in, will this first quest still be there after a month for those who didn't started it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    don't have time to log in, will this first quest still be there after a month for those who didn't started it?
    The quests will always available for people who're late to the party, according to the dev's diary. Think about watch an movie episode per week, or wait for them piling up then watch in one go.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
    You are wrong, good sir. It will continue to give you a new quest once a week unstopped (unless something goes awry). I don't think MadeofLions would be terribly happy if Bingo just stopped and we did nothing to correct it. He's been working quite hard on it
    Well he deserves some kind of retaliation for the dishonourable way in which he let Candaith die. I have a couple of ideas:

- move his desk to the basement
    - replace the coffee sugar with salt
    - crawl under his desk and tie his shoelaces together
    - Set some moles free in his garden if he has a garden
    - If he has an appartment, then poor a gallon of cat pee on his carpets
    - put nails under the tires of his car
    - Install one of those asian toilets that sprays water up your bum and turn it on full-power before he goes in.
    - Format his hard drives
    - when he gets in his car and drives away, quickly throw a hornet nest in his car, then box him in so he can't get out
    - incinerate his head with deodorant and a lighter
    - Kidnap his boyfriend
    - Have a hooker with herpes drink from his coffee mug
    Last edited by Theomur; Jul 22 2015 at 06:01 AM.

Hobbit mail is running late today, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    What do you expect, they just had elevensies, lunch and not sure what else, they need a little nap

and lol Theomur, that escalated quickly in terms of punishment!
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

Quote Originally Posted by Theomur View Post
    Well he deserves some kind of retaliation for the dishonourable way in which he let Candaith die.
    Candaith died in service to his King. If you had asked
    him beforehand whether he wouldn't really rather go
    home and raise taters, he would have said No. In rather
    pungent language.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by Theomur View Post
    Well he deserves some kind of retaliation for the dishonourable way in which he let Candaith die. I have a couple of ideas:

- move his desk to the basement
    - replace the coffee sugar with salt
    - crawl under his desk and tie his shoelaces together
    - Set some moles free in his garden if he has a garden
    - If he has an appartment, then poor a gallon of cat pee on his carpets
    - put nails under the tires of his car
    - Install one of those asian toilets that sprays water up your bum and turn it on full-power before he goes in.
    - Format his hard drives
    - when he gets in his car and drives away, quickly throw a hornet nest in his car, then box him in so he can't get out
    - incinerate his head with deodorant and a lighter
    - Kidnap his boyfriend
    - Have a hooker with herpes drink from his coffee mug
    I'm afraid I'm going to do all of these to you for spoiling the epic quest line in an entirely unrelated thread, without any warning. I have not made it that far yet on any of my characters.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    I can confirm that Bingo's adventure has begun.

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    I'm afraid I'm going to do all of these to you for spoiling the epic quest line in an entirely unrelated thread, without any warning. I have not made it that far yet on any of my characters.
    You'll understand when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    I can confirm that Bingo's adventure has begun.

MoL
    Excellent, thanks to you MoL.

Now tell me, why does Bingo's face look more like a photo than the other NPCs we meet?
    Taramthir of the Laiquendi Order
    May the Light guide your steps till next we meet

Well...that was interesting. Not going to be a Negative Ned (at least, not today).
    It was a nice intro to what could be an exciting adventure around Middle Earth (who knows, for some of us we may see parts we haven't been to before).
    If nothing else, Turbine has made me want to log back into the game on a weekly basis--that alone is saying something.

Hi, I enjoyed meeting Bingo and starting off on his adventures. I'm curious whether more rewards will be available later to barter and or will the current ones be removed at some point?

And I, for one, like my new hatrack. I did have to rearrange some furniture though!
    Last edited by Rrys; Jul 22 2015 at 11:31 AM.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast